Volver Beach Hostel Reviews

Las Conchas 11, Puerto de Mogan, Gran Canaria, Spain

Yeah it's okay for a night, well located

I just got back from a weekend at this hostel and I wish I could have stayed longer! It's got a great atmosphere, it's in a perfect location, with amazing views and so close to the beach. Beds are comfy and clean. Andrea, the owner, made me feel very welcomed and the staff working there are super chilled and nice. They all make sure the hostel is clean and things work they way they should all the time... I'll be coming back in my next visit to Gran Canaria! Thanks Volver for such a lovely wkend!

Volver is amazing place that I would always love to go back and recommend to other ppl! Awesome location, wonderful interior (terrace view is just wow!), very nice staff and great atmosphere. It makes you feel like local and part of the family. :-)

Thans for a nice stay, Best Evy and Kirsten

It is the perfect hostel, such friendly , welcoming staff, a beautiful place with an amazing atmosphere. It is small so you actually get to know other travelers and my favourite thing was the range of ages of the guests. It was all different kinds of people from all walks of life and very inclusive of everybody. It was cleaned everyday and there are lcokers to lock up vaulables. The view from the kitchen and the terrace are incredible and Puerto Mogan is the most beautiful place on the island.

Beautiful place to stay. In the evenings everyone meets up on the terrace and has their dinner/drinks wine together. It's an amazing place up stay

• 11th Mar 2015

A very nice place! Thank you Volver!!!

• 11th Mar 2015

This was my 1st say in a hostel ever and I thoroughly recommend it! Volver has a unique location, ambience and the staff, guests and visitors give the place a really friendly, welcoming, broad spectrum of age/stage, international vibe - with impromptu acoustic jam sessions and community dinners in the evenings providing chilled-out opportunities to mingle and meet the other guests.

• 7th Mar 2015
  • Scotland

Overall, great hostel & I had an amazing stay with you. My first 2 days there, the recycling bin wasn't visible so people threw away large amounts of recyclable material. We eventually found it, but it's not very visible and/or clear that your hostel recycles. I think it's important to stress this to your guests. Also, the cleaning supplies seemed very strong (bleach, etc.). More natural cleaning supplies would be a plus. It's such a gorgeous island, we need to work together to protect it.

Volver is the best hostel I´ve ever been in, and I have been in many. The location is absolutely beautiful with the seaview and it´s decorated with breathtaking mosaic art work. But the atmosphere is the greatest; people care about each other and do things together eventough it´s also ok to be by yourelsef if you feel like it. Maybe the only disadvantage would be that it can be pretty crowded there sometimes and then you don´t have much privacy. I happliy recommend Volver to anyone!

Volver is a great place to stay! The accommodations are welcoming and unique. The only downside is there is quiet time at 11pm which can cut some nights a little short however there are several bars and restaurants to go out to if you want to continue socializing.

One of the hostels you will always remember, because it has real character. Good old fashioned hippie creativity mixed with smooth working bathrooms and other necessities.

a lovely place to meet some different people. also older ones. there was a very good mixture. go on VOLVER!

Thank you and see you again! I love the place you create :)

An amazing hostel!! This hostel has everything you want in a hostel. It looks beautiful with al the color stones and the roofterrace and chill out zone, but above all : the vibe and the staff is fantastic! I am definiately coming back

• 28th Jan 2015

This hostel has it all! The view, the atmosphere, the rooms, the staf, the help, everything is excellent. The art. in the hostel is magical. We hope to come back soon.

• 25th Jan 2015

Best hostel I have ever visited in Europe! Very clean. Top location. Friendly staff. Safe location. Lockers in the room available (no need to bring your own lock). A bit hard to find because my navigation has not recognized the street (because it is only accessible by foot through some stairs). Parking is free between 7:30 pm and 9 am on the street at the harbour.

Excellent staff with friendly, helping attitude. Several welcome personal touches. Agree with other comments about smoking near the kitchen. It is unlikely the place would be less popular for having a no-smoking near kitchen rule. Probably time for the hostel to buy another nearby property now. Improvements in one area eat into 'space' in others e.g. fantastic new bathroom on terrace level means it is busier especially at nights. Something quite special emerges out of this place.

Excellent, I felt me welcome at the first stairway. Correct staff. The place is cozy and if you want to get in contact with new friends, this is the place. And there is also space for to be on yourself. Embrace and I´ll comeback!

Really cosy, nice people staying and involving each other in their days and trips! Close to everything, that was a huge plus side! The best view!!! The only minus side was the smoking: people smoked near the kitchen and the common area and the smoke sometimes came in to he dorms. I would have preferred to keep the smoking at the terrace so that everybody had the chance to breathe clean in the kitchen. But otherwise, really nice!

View all Gran Canaria Hostels