Volver Beach Hostel Reviews

Las Conchas 11, Puerto de Mogan, Gran Canaria, Canary Islands, Spain

one of the best hostels i have stayed... thanks for the great time

• 23rd Mar 2014

very nice hostel, we had a wonderful time, thank you very much

An excellente experience. Kathrin, and the twins Max and Mascha.

Lots of character and nice atmosphere. Enjoyed the roof terrace and the awesome view from the common area. The bathroom capacity is too low. Except for the lockers in the room, there is no security to speak of, but the area seems quite safe. Several of the guests I met there were return visitors, always a good sign! A good mixture of all ages.

Great atmosphere and the seperate house with the terrace for the privates is just plain awesome!

Nice hostel. Very good atmosphere and location. Staff are vary helpful.

Fantastic hostel in a great central location in Puerto Morgan very close to the beach. Cool vibe with a broad range of guests. Good wifi throughout is a big plus - skype calls worked fine. Lockers are small but come with a key - no padlocks required. I used this hostel as a base for hiring a road bike from free-motion and it was ideal. The roads nearby are fantastic - smooth, reasonable gradients and courteous motorists too! All in all a great stay

Couldn't find much fault with the hostel, great place to stay for a few days.........the town however was far too quiet for my liking.

Difficult having only two toilets. Didn't like putting toilet paper in a bin.

Magical place I highly recommend, only positive vibrations.

• 19th Jan 2014
  • Poland

Lovely friendly hostel, with an amazing view of the beach and town, kitchen for your cooking, bars and restaurants very close by, terrace on top to relx at, amazing corner on the sothwest of the island it gets the most sun, visit there!!

A good location, very close to the beach. It has a GREAT terrace with amazing views overlooking the sea. Good chilled atmosphere too. Only two toilets for the whole hostel and they're both in the shower rooms so you're in trouble if you need to go and someone is showering! Not enough for a hostel this size. Kitchen area is very small with only one fridge, so storage is limited. Security is non-existent - a front door key hangs by the front door so anyone can come in! Small lockers in bedrooms.

Amazing! One of the best hostels I have been to!

Perfect atmosphere like at home, very friendly stuff & charming small city, even we saw it only in the night.

The stay was very comfortable with a good atmosphere and a great party at New Year... one of the best we have had. We are still thinking of the people we met... life changing conversations. Thankyou to Andrea for her open heartedness.

• 28th Dec 2013
  • Couple, 41+

I can't say enough great things about this place! It has great character, a few minutes walk to the beach, fabulous view of the beach, and the staff are just WONDERFUL. As a solo traveller, staying there for Christmas, I immediately felt welcome and enjoyed my time there. They had a Christmas Eve dinner which was great fun. I wish I didn't have to leave, but it's obvious why it's called "volver"- I will be returning for my next holiday! Thank you to everyone!!

The outside bed on the terrace is easily the best hostel bed in the world.

What a lovely place. The south coast of GC is really touristic, in my opinion Puerto de Mogan is the best option, it is a bit more a village than a tourist park compared to the others. The weather here is most of the time amazing. The beach is very nice and it was incredibly beautiful to go snorkel swimming just on the other side of the pier along the cliffs. The atmosphere was really good and I liked it that there were people of all ages, couples, groups and solo travellers. Highly recommended!

Made to feel really welcome Only suggestion they need more fridge and food storage space for so many people. Nice mixed age group rather than all young party animals

Very nice hostel, liked it very much. If I return to Gran Canaria, I'll book again

• 13th Dec 2013