Vondelpark Bed and Breakfast Reviews

Overtoom 129-1 first floor, 1054 HE Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands

They cancelled the reservation one day before the stay, not offering another place to stay and forcing me to go there to get the deposit money back in cash, no bank transfer. Women was very rude both in the phone and when we meet to refund the deposit. I will not book it again, and I would not recommend it either.

Never book this b

• 12th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

After booking and paying the deposit we Arrived to find it looking very grotty and badly signed, nothing to say vondelpark hostel. Also the front door was locked up, with no information. After standing around a woman came from a building close by and said 'hostel closed' gave us no more information. They took our money and left us with nowhere to stay! We want our money back! Not happy! It was gay pride and Amsterdam was full everywhere! We were left high and dry! Not happy customers!!!

• 2nd Aug 2014

This is the most horrible place, room, staff that I have ever seen in my life. The room is just furnished with 1 bed and 1 chair and that is it, not even a mirror. So many rules and unexpected fees, including extra cleaning fee. For some more Euros more we stayed in a 4 stars hotel, very nearby.

• 31st Jul 2014

the staff were very rude and un professional i did not like thi splace at all

• 23rd Jul 2014

I had a horrible experience at this hostel... As in I arrived in the pouring rain to be told by the owner's FRIEND that my reservation was canceled last minute and was then thrown back on the street in the rain with no further assistance to find another place to stay. DO NOT RESERVE HERE.

• 21st Jul 2014

I very much enjoyed my stay at Vondelpark Bed and Breakfast , Great location , Nice clean room ,comfy bed ,Very quiet , Walkable distance from town , tram stop not very far from The B&B .Will be booking again with this B&B the next time I stay in Amsterdam & I would recommend to family & friends .

• 23rd Jun 2014

It´s okay if you´re looking for a place to sleep -but definitely not more! There´s no reception and it was a little bit annoying that we couldn´t leave our luggage there when we checked out. And we had to pay 50€ comission!!! There´s no kitchen and only one bathroom with one toilet inside for the whole hostel. The room was very small and in my opinion it´s expensive for what you get!

• 21st Feb 2014

Very good place to stay, so.. if you need internet access point, unfortunately don't have... and breakfast is not incluse on price!

No working WiFi, which caused us a great deal of hassle. Our sheets were not clean, there was some smudges and someone's long dark hair on sheets. Certainly not worth the money!!

• 7th Aug 2013
  • Finland

Great location and good price for private room.

Well stocked bathroom. Broken handles on doors and windows. Hot rooms - no air-con. Good location. Unhelpful staff - previous hostels gave info about things to do/places to go, map of area etc

Pros: Location Cons: Absent staff Rude staff Additional charges added on arrival Bare rooms - only a bed and a small table, nowhere to hang clothes/towels Dirty rooms Large gap at the bottom of the doors to rooms (noisy, little privacy) Only stay here if you're desperate.

The location is easily accessible from Tram. there is no breakfast. Addtional 1 € for towels. Toilets and room are clean. There is a lot of disturbance coming from the street (windows closed) incase your room is on the side of the street. Checkin is strictly starting from 15:30, incase you arrive early then its a bit of trouble to wait somewhere else with all your luggage.

Terrible communication, service and incredibly rude staff! They lied throughout my correspondence with them. Disgusting behaviour. Do not stay here or even attempt to book- they will try and steal your money!

Don´t stay there!!!!

We booked the room,I called the hotel and they said they have availability,but when we got there,there was no availability,so they tried to find a new place,but they couldn´t,so we stayed in the middle of nowhere,and the y just returned us 6 euros for the reservation. And we had to find a new hotel by ourselves at a very hour late. The owner of the hotel or recepcionist never showed up,and the owner of a jewelry next door attend us. Extremely bad service,not recomend this place

The Staff that helped me were so unfriendly, unavailable, and rushed me to pay so they could go eat dinner with their friends. The rooms are essentially nothing more than an excuse to lock a mattress in the minimum possible subdivision.

All the doors and locks are loosely fitted and not trustworthy, these could be improved. Cleanliness could also be improved. However, easy to access and good location.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Big and clean bathroom. Bed and breakfast is just about 7 minutes walk from van Gogh museum. Super super location. Simple room but for the price they offer, you cannot expect too much.

• 1st Aug 2012