WDj hostel Reviews

Zurawia 32/34, Warsaw, Poland

We had a very nice stay at WDj hostel! Very warm welcome, friendly staff. I don't know what it is with this hostel, but it just felt like home the moment we got in. Warsaw is 'eastern delight' and this hostel is a perfect base camp when exploring the inner city. The bedsheets were clean, although the beds were a little hard. Breakfast is scanty. The facilities are a bit minimal but when you're looking for a cheap (espacially for the twin-rooms) and pleasant stay, this hostel is wonderfull.

• 4th Aug 2014

Feels like a big student flat. I loved staying there.

• 4th Aug 2014
  • Slovenia

They didn't show us anything in the hostel. We had to find our room by ourselves and when we finally found it we were told that they had given us the wrong room. The day we left the hostel someone of the staff said to me he had seen my bag at an other girl. So he was like mentioning i had stolen it or something... we didn't like the hostel at all.

• 31st Jul 2014
  • Turkey

Very noisy in a street bar. No curtains, not very comfortable, showers are overbooked and not so clean but it is very cheap. You have to pay 10Zl for sheets and another 10Zl for breakfast, think about it before booking... But staff is OK and available.

We booked a room in this hostel on a same day as we arrived. It was a nice surprise to get the room already before 14:00. The price was really good and we stayed only one night so for this all the hostel was really good. Room got really hot even the windows were open all night and that's why we woke up pretty early to some strange glass breaking noises from the backyard. Not really sure what it was, but it was LOUD. We wanted to buy breakfast but they didn't have stuff left anymore at 10.30...

I was greatly displeased that the hostel charged additional fees that were not part of the agreed price. Their description has clearly stated that bed linen, wifi, lockers and breakfast were included in the price. Yet the confirmation email listed additional fees for each of those items. I find it to be a breach of marketing to state one thing and deliver another. Also as a general note the beds had the thinnest mattress I have seen and the room was stifling hot.

-the additional costs were higher than written on hostelworld -the 6 beds dormitory is incredibly small and was very smelly and hot, as it is not possible to really open the windows and there is no airconditioning etc. -2 toilets (without paper) and 3 showers (not really with a lot of privacy) are not enough

• 26th Jul 2014

The location is near to the centrum, but quite hard to find due to lack of hostel board. I just saw one when having lunch at the burger shop next to the hostel building. Even though the hostel neighbor mostly bar and club, you are not allowed to drink (alcoholic beverage) or smoke in the building. Kinda uneasy to get to first floor just to smoke or drink can of beer. The bathroom was nice, but be aware, sometime they have out of toilet paper. Overall, good stay!

unfort. the upper beds are not comfortable, a big gap between the bed and wall, no individual lamps and shelves

Nice place in the very straight center of warsaw. Price is low and the service is good.

• 30th Apr 2014
  • Denmark

i actually quite like this hostel. despite the occasional noise at night (because the hostel is centered around pubs and clubs) and the shower curtain (proper door will give more privacy and less cold too *windy). however all these are not really relevant given the cleanliness, comfortableness, location and price of the hostel. i would stay here again. and you should too.

WDj shouldnt be hostel, it was like a hotel. Location takes 7 - 8 minutes from Centrum. Even there is a night club next to the hostel, we slept wery well, and there is security at the entrance.

Staff were friendly and helpful. Only a communal bathroom with nowhere to out clothes and towel. Common areas were always empty and no bar made it hard to meet people. The beefs were uncomfortable and all beds were left dirty in the room I stayed in. I wouldn't recommend.

It is not possible to be all beds dirty. If that was you should come to the reception and ask to check that out. Why haven't you do that?

We really enjoyed our stay! Perfect location and great facilities for the price we paid!

Great location, terrible directions to it though.

The location is a little hard to find and the hostel does not have its logo outside. At first, I think I got the wrong place. And when I take shower, it is cold water....... I think the advantage of this hostel is cheap.(but you have to pay everything including wifi)

Kinda shabby, but lovely staff, very central, just what you can expect for the money and Warsaw is clearly underrated.