WE Hostel Design Reviews

Rua Morgado de Mateus, 567, Vila Mariana - São Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil

Great hostel. Fantastic Staff. Really good breakfast with constant refills. Computers were great. One of the rooms was really hot (4 person bedroom) but it is also the cheapest. Highly recommend. Only down side is price, but definitely worth it!

When we stayed here there were a lot of south americans here and since we dont speak any spanish we had a hard time finding someone to hang out with. The hostel is great otherwise, the common areas the best I have ever seen and the kitchen is really nice. Breakfast also very very good. Still I didnt have the best time here, but I guess that its because the lack of good athmosphere.

best breakfast ever!!!

It is a very good place, which I recommend, but there is not a good area to stay calm, for working, for example. Lots of guests make noise in all places of the hostel. It lacks a silence restricted room.

A very cool, modern hostel, great location, very friendly and helpful staff, good breakfast, the only minor downside is the room ( a twin) was very small. However, the hosel and staff were so good I would happily stay there again.

This is a very nice hostel, housed in a beautiful 1920's house. Staff is very friendly and helpful and the place is very clean. The location is really good, in a residential neighbourhood but close to restaurants, markets, bakeries, banking agencies and so on. The only downside is that the closest metro station is a fairly good walk away.

I really enjoyed my stay here. A little more expensive, but if you like to have your own bit of space in a hostel this place is big, so you can roam around and find your own little spot. The bar is great. I like how we can take the keys with us to get in and out of the hostel, makes a lot of sense (honestly why dont all hostels do this?). Really good facilities, plenty of bathrooms so I never had to wait and awesome breakfasts. I highly recommend this place. Close to the metro!

Wonderful, Delightful & Exceptional. It was that good we stayed twice. A little Oasis in Sao Paulo. We did have a car which was an addition, but there was plenty of public transport available if need be.

This hostel rents out the worst room that we've ever stayed in, and charges a price the same as what other hostels charge for a decent room. Not only that, but the owner seems to think that it is appropriate to rent this room and then charge people two nights' deposit when they show up and don't want to stay in such an awful room. He is completely unflexible about it, and doesn't care that the room is so substandard. Staff is also unhelpful. Stay elsewhere.

Fantastic place and the owner is a great guy. Highly recommended!

• 28th Aug 2013

An extremely well-run, mellow hostel, with garden and plenty of room to socialize or be by yourself.

• 10th Aug 2013

Excellent!!

The best hostel i stayed in so far!

We Hostel is WONDERFUL! Close to the metro and in a great, safe part of the city.

Stayed here end of our 7 month trip around the world and loved our time there! Firstly it is the coolest and best looking hostel we have been to on our whole trip! The facilities there are brilliant too. The staff were very friendly and helpful and there are plenty of bathrooms with good hot showers! Great kitchen too! If you just want to chill there is the lounge area with two or three communal computers and sofas etc. There is also a big TV room with a huge TV and sofa great for some time out.

The rooms were very clean and had good lockers in them. The staff was so kind! They helped us figure out where we wanted to go in the city and where all the good night spots were too! Definitely the place to stay in Sao Paulo, the neighborhood is safe and quiet, but well situated to get you around town!

The twin room is no better than the dorms so felt like a waste of money for that; way too small. people working there are really great, good english, and the place has a lot of charm.

WE Hostel was recommended to me by a friend, and it thoroughly deserved the recommendation. I felt like I was staying in a rich man´s house, but without the snobbish atmosphere. Excellent facilities - showers, tv room, common areas - decorated with real class. Great breakfast - variety of fresh fruit, fresh cakes, ham, cheese, bread, juice, eggs etc. The owner ´Gee´is a really nice guy and he hosted several parties when I was there, so I got to meet local Sao Paulo people. Recommend!

Good hostel! Very professional and clean. It looks more like a hotel though. Might not be the best place if you want to meet fellow backpackers though. This hostel attracts a different public. It's quite a walk up to the subway and the neighborhood is not really lively. Best wi-fi I've had so far during my 6 months of travelling through South America. Breakfast is ok.

It was the second time I stayed at this hostel, highly recommend it. The hostel is very clean, comfortable and organized, the area is safe and pleasant. A bit far from the subway station though.