WOW! Hostel Barcelona Reviews

Avenida Diagonal 578, Barcelona, Spain

Pros: close to transport links (tram,bus, metro etc) nice breakfast. clean kitchen. Cons: staff cannot speak English, this makes it difficult to communicate if you do not speak Spanish. very noisy , WIFI is intermittent and majority of the time unavailable. Rooms are very compact and make you feel claustrophobic, despite the hot weather fans are not provided.

• 22nd Oct 2014

It was a really good experience staying at wow hostel, the staff where charming and very helpfull, specially Adriana. The place was extremly clean and not like many other hostels, which i find one of the most important things when traveling. We stay for few days while looking for a place to live in barcelona and it couldnt be better, it felt just like home. Thanks you so much wow hostel

• 6th Oct 2014
  • Colombia

You can do better, lots of other hostels out there

Breakfast is busy, but good, rooms are all clean and good size, wi-fi worked well. Only downside was the heat, as fans did nothing, as well as the street noise as you had to open the window to cool the room down, so sleeping was not very comfortable.

I have stayed at a lot of hostels in many countries and this one was just meh to me. The value for money was okay since you get breakfast and we had a cute little double room for my friend and I. But nothing was wow about the place, the location was a bit of a walk or trip to any sights or the train. Nothing to complain about but it wasn't great. The breakfast is just white toast and jam and orange juice but better then nothing! It was fairly clean. There was no atmosphere really plain and quiet

• 7th Sep 2014

Nice people all around !

• 16th Aug 2014

We turned up at 1pm when we could check in, and had to wait around for an hour for the room to be cleaned. We paid a 20 euro key deposit and reception was meant to be open until 11pm at night. We got back at 10.45pm the night before we were leaving and reception was closed, we therefore did not get our 20 euro deposit back which was very upsetting.

One of the better value hostels in Barcelona. not far from the metro and only about 40/50 mins walking to most locations. However bathrooms were often filthy and our bedroom door would not lock from the inside so we had to sleep with the door unlocked which I was uncomfortable with.

This hostel was in a very good location, on Avenue Diagonal and about a 10 minute walk away from 2 metro stations. The staff were nice and helpful. Our room was a bit small compared to others but we did get a good fan which helped with the heat in the room. Breakfast wasn't amazing, bread with spreads and cheap orange juice. Reception wasn't 24 hours and WiFi did not reach our rooms. We were also placed in the wrong room with no compensation given.

Bed bugs in the room. I got bites in my whole body. Rude staff. Private room didnt lock from the inside. Nobody to receive at the arrival. Not reccomended at all.

My stay was average. Only 3 bathrooms in the places. Some staff were amazing ( afternoon/ evening girl Rosa I think :). ) others were hard to communicate with. Lil pricey for what you get. But they seems to be Barcelona.

why music day and night, really annoying.

really great place. bathrooms were all clean and tidy. staff were very accommodating and friendly. although it was a bit of a walk to the metro the hostel was great, would recommend it to others!

• 13th Jul 2014

Beyond disappointed with my stay. First, the directions to the hostel were awful. It took us about an hour to find it. By the time we got to the hostel I was past check in time so we had to pay 20 euro!! So out of control. The staff was extremely rude and the wifi never worked. The times it did work you could only use it in the common room. The shower we had shot water everywhere. All over the room and got all of my clothes wet. I could go on and on. Overall, spend a few more euros and be closer