WOW! Hostel Barcelona Reviews

Avenida Diagonal 578, Barcelona, Spain

Nice people all around !

• 16th Aug 2014

We turned up at 1pm when we could check in, and had to wait around for an hour for the room to be cleaned. We paid a 20 euro key deposit and reception was meant to be open until 11pm at night. We got back at 10.45pm the night before we were leaving and reception was closed, we therefore did not get our 20 euro deposit back which was very upsetting.

One of the better value hostels in Barcelona. not far from the metro and only about 40/50 mins walking to most locations. However bathrooms were often filthy and our bedroom door would not lock from the inside so we had to sleep with the door unlocked which I was uncomfortable with.

This hostel was in a very good location, on Avenue Diagonal and about a 10 minute walk away from 2 metro stations. The staff were nice and helpful. Our room was a bit small compared to others but we did get a good fan which helped with the heat in the room. Breakfast wasn't amazing, bread with spreads and cheap orange juice. Reception wasn't 24 hours and WiFi did not reach our rooms. We were also placed in the wrong room with no compensation given.

Bed bugs in the room. I got bites in my whole body. Rude staff. Private room didnt lock from the inside. Nobody to receive at the arrival. Not reccomended at all.

My stay was average. Only 3 bathrooms in the places. Some staff were amazing ( afternoon/ evening girl Rosa I think :). ) others were hard to communicate with. Lil pricey for what you get. But they seems to be Barcelona.

why music day and night, really annoying.

really great place. bathrooms were all clean and tidy. staff were very accommodating and friendly. although it was a bit of a walk to the metro the hostel was great, would recommend it to others!

• 13th Jul 2014

Beyond disappointed with my stay. First, the directions to the hostel were awful. It took us about an hour to find it. By the time we got to the hostel I was past check in time so we had to pay 20 euro!! So out of control. The staff was extremely rude and the wifi never worked. The times it did work you could only use it in the common room. The shower we had shot water everywhere. All over the room and got all of my clothes wet. I could go on and on. Overall, spend a few more euros and be closer

The staff were lovely, welcoming, and helpful. They held our bags for us on the last day as our flight wasn't until late at night, and they gave us plenty of information on places to see & how to best get there.

I stayed for a week in a double bedroom with my girlfriend. This was definitely a good experience. The staff was nice, special thanks to Rocio ! She's been so friendly and helpful. The place is a little bit noisy so i recommend you to wear ear plug and it'll be just fine. Remember, there's a magic shower hidden at the third floor. With massage jet, rainfall, radio,... Just try it ;-) You feel like you're home at wow hostel !

• 11th Jun 2014
  • Belgium

This hostel would be amazing if it were cleaned well but it was so dirty. The sheets had stains and the floor of our room wasn't very clean. One bathroom was really modern and had a great shower but it wasn't kept clean at all - maybe this was because it was shared. The staff were really friendly and helpful, taking the time to answer all our questions etc. The location was good, it is central; sagrada familia and casa batló are within walking distance but the surrounding shops are expensive

• 2nd Jun 2014
  • Northern Ireland

Great people working there, very helpful especially Rossie:)

• 1st Jun 2014
  • Poland

The rooms are way too small; that is, there is no room to put your luggage and the shared bathrooms can become messy with many people using them, but the staff was really helpful and super kind

• 9th May 2014

Staff very very rude, like we werent welcome at all And disorganized with the reservations, giving the wrong key twice and sending us to a room that were already occupied. Location only average since the subway station is 15-20 min walking.

Dear Hostel World Crew, Many many Thanks for that beautiful week in Your Hostel! I stayed in your Hostel with my 8 Year old daughter and everything was fine. We both felt very well all the time and in every Situation. The Staff was very friendly and helpful. My daughter felt at once like home. I can recommend this Hostel with no doubt! With best wishes, Markus from Germany 39 years

• 4th Apr 2014

The best hostel on all my trips. A awesome breakfast, clean and comfortable bedrooms.

good value for money