Wada Hostel in Guilin Reviews

No.212,Huanchengxi 1 Road, Guilin, China

Very nice place, good location, all staff is friendly and helpful!!! My friend and I spent 2 nights there. Our flight delayed in the midnight, the staff gave us clear direction and the late check in is very smooth. All the girls in front desk can speak frequently English and Mandarin, they provide us many useful tips of traveling in Guilin and Yangshuo. The girl’s room not big, but clean and comfortable. I love the bed so much!!!! Totally recommended!!!

Great hostel with super nice staff. Room was clean and restaurant/lounge area comfy and cosy. Highly recommend this hostel!

It was pretty quiet when we were there but very cosy. It's a little ways out of the town center but the bus stops pretty much right out front so its not a big deal.

The hostel in need to get renovated.

Generally, it's a very pleasant place to stay in Guilin. I have a several comments though : 1) We took the Li River tour. Wada failed to mention that the guide on the bus would try to force us to pay for optional stuff, that would have delayed our return to Guilin so much that we couldn't take the same bus back. Not Wada's fault. 2) Wifi doesn't work well in the rooms? 3) If you book a Taxi through the Wada desk, it seems that the price varies... I think Wada could be clearer about prices.

Amazing hostel run by amazing people. The Wada girls were very helpful with booking tours and tickets and answering questions. The food at the hostel is amazing as well. The rooms and bathrooms are very clean and the common area is a perfect place to chill out and meet people. Wada is the only place to stay!

very nice hostel, great staff! very clean and lockers and towels are provided, by the way great lunch boxes, I loved the sandwiches!! ;)

After spending over a month in China staying at numerous hostels this hostel is the best one and its all down to the girls working there who were so happy, friendly, helpful and basically could not do enough to help in anyway possible, it was a joy to stay there.well done

Looked a bit dodgy from the outside but was clean & pleasant inside. Excellent food & drink in the restaurant, loved the beer duck! Very helpful staff with good English. Just stayed for one night, would stay again.

Very nice hostel, cheap but very clean and comfortable. Nice atmosphere, nice staff, good English spoken. We really enjoyed our stay !

• 1st Nov 2014

Nice hostel, nice and very good english-speaking staff, go on like this!

Still amazing there, my home in china, that's it!!Go there more than any other place.Best hostel I've been in my life include all the others countries.Staff just BRAVO!!

Staff was great, organized lots of tours for us. To be honest though don't stay in Guilin, stay at the Wada in Yangsaou (spelling?!). Their hostel there is way better and Guilin can't even compare to Yangsaou. That place is beautiful and is Guilin x100!

In terms of location it's quite far from the major attraction in Guilin (if you wanna enjoy the city by walking).

Best hostel in China - made by the unbelievable Wada Girls. We booked for 5 nights and stayed 8 - you simply cannot fault this place.

I loved it. The girls at the reception are always willing to help you. The food at the bar is delicious! Couldn't be better.

Both Wada Hostels in Guilin and Yanshuo are very nice. Guilin has a nice bar and the girls that are working there are super sweet. Drinks are quite cheap and staff is helpful with organizing trips to the rice terrace and stuff. Overall I had a good time there and would recommend it to everyone. Simon

Really nice hostel, the girls were absolutely lovely and the food was great! Only issue was I arrived at about 4.30am and couldn't get into the hostel and had to spend 3 hours sat in KFC. I tried to ring and it wouldn't go through (this could have been my phone though) but it would have been nice to have been informed about this beforehand. Other than that it was my favourite hostel in China!

Hey, thanks for staying with us. We feel really sorry that you didn't get in the hostel once you arrived. In the confirmation email we provide a 24-hr working cell phone so you can reach us anytime. Also we have security guy at the reception in the night, you just need push the button on the gate, he will give you warm greetings and help you need. Anyway sorry for what happened again, and wish you a nice trip. Wada Hostel in Guilin

Great location, quite close to the train station. You can walk the distance quite easily, especially if you come into the city on an early train. It is a little further to the centre of the city from the hostel, but that's nothing a cheap 1-2 yuan bus ride can't take care of. Excellent security with pass keys and lockers. Staff are fun, helpful and speak English well. Atmosphere is nice, usually there are many foreigners at the hostel but sometimes there are Chinese too. Rooms cleaned daily.

We've just stayed one night in Wada Hostel but we absolutely enjoyed every second there! :) The place is great, spacious, cheap and has clean rooms, a great public area and the food is amazing! Our flight didn't go till 0:30 am in the morning and they let us stay there the entire evening! Special thanks to Monica, never met such a great staff member before! Perfect English and so welcoming / helpful! We will definitely come back!! :)

• 10th Oct 2014