Wada Hostel in Guilin Reviews

No.212,Huanchengxi 1 Road, Guilin, China

This was the best hostel! The wada girls and as helpful as they are beautiful! On Fridays they have a barbecue that is delicious. I highly reccomend this spot to anyone who is coming to Guilin and wants an affordable and comfortable place to stay.

An top- end hostel, they create a very awesome travellers atmosphere. Aswell for the staff as for the fellow traveller you"ll meet this is a great place to be. Dorms have big cosy beds, 2 lockers and a private bathroom.

Hands down the best hostel I stayed in in China. The staff is extremely friendly and speaks fantastic English. They helped me with all my questions, train ticket bookings, and tours bookings. They even arranged a private tour for me, when I could not attend the group one. Really really superb service. The hostel itself is also good and even let's you get on Facebook :)

This is my first time staying at hostel, and I really enjoyed it!! The staffs are very nice and helpful.

• 5th Apr 2015
  • Hong Kong

Wada was an excellent hostel. The staff were all amazingly friendly and helpful. They were super accommodating when asked to transfer a reservation to their sister Wada in Yangshuo. The common spaces were greats, as were the weekly activities like the BBQ. The beds were very comfortable and private-- I didn't want to leave!

I really enjoyed my stay at Wada and the girls there were brilliant. Pretty soon they were calling me their brother and I was calling them my sisters. Very friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them. I even got my own personal pick-up from the station and really appreciated it. If I were to return to Guilin again then Wada would be at the top of my places to stay. The gilrs at Wada are super awesome.

• 1st Apr 2015

Really close to the city bus terminal, so it's easy to go anywhere around Guilin. The staff is also nice. It's the only hostel around Guilin, that you have wifi to connect to FB, google and Instagram.

Overall, everyone was extremely helpful. One was not so happy in servicing us, but she may have been having a bad day.

Great hostel, I don't usually write reviews but this is brilliant. Only place to stay in Guilin !!

• 30th Mar 2015

We do like Wada a lot, it was good to stay there during our stay in Guilin. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was clear and bright. Even tricycle's drivers on the domestic bus station know that place and they will bring you to door.

Amazing hostel, the staff was absolutely incredible and created an awesome environment. The beds were extremely comfortable. The staff gave extremely easy directions to local street food, markets, and for use of public transportation. Wifi is only in the main area, but it works extremely well.

• 24th Mar 2015

I loved this hostel! The staff were very helpfull and spoke English very well. The rooms are comfortable. Good bed, I like the curtain and a good bathroom with hot water. We did the DIY tour to the rice terraces and had a good time. So for me it was a good place to meet other travellers. Downside: it is a 20 minutes walk to the city center and wifi (which has vpn!) was only available in the common area.

I had a wonderful experience here. The staff is EXCELLENT. They really make it feel like home. All the facilities etc are excellent. I met great friends here. I would highly recommend this place to anyone.

• 23rd Mar 2015

I stayed at WADA for 5 nights and if I go to Guilin again I'll stay there again. The staff are very helpful. They have a restaurant where you can have your breakfast and the price you pay for any food is good because you get a big portion. Two things I would suggest for improvement are placing mops in the bathrooms so that it's easier to keep the floor clean and dry and having the wifi in the rooms and not only in the common area.

Very nice and friendly, helpfull staff. The fact that you can go on Facebook here is definitely great

This is a fantastic hostel. The staff are all really friendly and great fun. It's a really cool place with a great atmosphere. I would definitely recommend it!

Absolutely love Wada, has some cosmetic flaws BUT by far the best hostel in China & it's cheap. It has the best wifi with fb/gmail access. It's clean, has comfy beds, hot water, lockers, a great atmosphere and a decent menu with big portions at reasonable prices. But what makes this place awesome are the Wada girls. The most informative, attentive and friendly staff ever..they can help you with organising tours in and around the city and are more than willing to have a chat and get to know you.

I booked this hostel based on many good reviews. I agree it's good value for money and maybe a good place to stay if your looking for fellow travelers. Location is quite a walk for most tourist attractions but is near train station. The fact you couldn't access wi-fi in the bedrooms was a bit frustrating. Overall I wouldn't stay here unless your looking for a cheap party atmosphere.

Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize for the wifi issue. While wifi access is limited to our common spaces, we do offer the most reliable wifi with the addition of our "Wada Wall", our dedicated VPN network for Facebook, Gmail, and many vital websites that are more important to a traveller needing to connect. We hope guests can appreciate these features as a compromise. We will work diligently to providing our guests with a reliable Wifi in-room solution in the near future.

This review is 100% as is it is well advertised in the hostel that the girls on reception get a tip for full marks. And they alone regardless deserve it. You won't get lost or lonely in this hostel. They all speak English and are knowledgeable of the area. Separately the hostel if being refurbished but noise is minimal. We were upgraded to privates as no dorm was available. Food in the hostel was very good.

Very helpful staff and good excursions! (Be nice to have a radiator instead of an electric blanket, but that's not going to be an issue if you're not visiting in the middle of winter.)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6