Wada Hostel in Guilin Reviews

No.212,Huanchengxi 1 Road, Guilin, China

Stayed in the wada hostel both in Guilin and Yangshuo. Awesome place!! Great staff, food, atmosphere, everything! You cant find a better hostel in China

Thank you for staying at both of our locations! We're giving it our best and hope we can become everyone's favourite hostel. =)

The staff is wonderful. Both the front desk and the bar. I cannot say enough. The food options are good too. The rooms themselves good use a few updates/upgrades. The wifi was some of the best we found in China. The hostel is probably more social than we experienced. It was quite busy the day we arrived, but the next night was pretty empty.

wada girls = Best hostel team ever! super nice and helpful. if I make it back to Guilin, I know where I will be staying...

• 26th Nov 2014
  • Switzerland

Thank you for your wonderful review! The girls here would love to have you back. See you soon =)

Brilliant hostel. Staff very helpful. Amazingly remembered our names!

Thank you for your wonderful review. We would have written your names here but Hostelworld doesn't allow it. And the reason why we remembered your names was because you girls were so sweet. =) Team Wada

94% overall score from over 1400 ratings; clearly the people at Wada are doing something right! Easy directions from Guilin Train Station and they even let me in early at 6am to crash on their sofa. The staff - all girls with excellent English (sometimes with British accents) - are very helpful and friendly. I stayed in the dorm rooms which are spacious, have curtains and an ensuit bathroom. Pool table is actually very good and I highly their sandwiches with fries. Superb hostel, top marks!

Thank you for your review! We are all very happy that you could enjoy everything we had to offer. We do try over best and hope we can be everyone's favourite hostel for many more years.

Excellent. The staff spoke good English, they knew the bus routes to all the major attractions in and around Guilin. Furthermore, they were able to help organise tours to the rice terraces or bamboo river cruises; all with pick up from the hostel. Food was good. Very friendly atmosphere and a good common area with a place to eat, a pool table and sofas. Great place to meet other travellers.

Thank you for your review. We never noticed that we had so much to offer. We're very happy to have you stay with us. =) Team Wada

The most important job a staff has, is to make you feel welcome. And they definitely do with Wada, great job girls. Nice sheltered place, and you're in the city centre in no time. Close to the station.

Very nice place, good location, all staff is friendly and helpful!!! My friend and I spent 2 nights there. Our flight delayed in the midnight, the staff gave us clear direction and the late check in is very smooth. All the girls in front desk can speak frequently English and Mandarin, they provide us many useful tips of traveling in Guilin and Yangshuo. The girl’s room not big, but clean and comfortable. I love the bed so much!!!! Totally recommended!!!

Thank you for your wonderful review! =)

Very nice hostel and the staff is really nice and helpfull. And there's very good streetfood across the street!!

• 16th Nov 2014

Very cozy hostel! Their rooms are very basic, as you would expect in a hostel, but very clean. The staff is great! Very helpfull, very polite and very good english skills! We really enjoyed our stay there! Very good food as well, loved my breakfast every morning and you got to try the french fries ☺️ The lounge is very cozy, every evening we would have a drink and meet some of the other guests. We really loved the fact that they had a variety of boardgames to choose from ☺️

• 11th Nov 2014
  • Romania

Great hostel with super nice staff. Room was clean and restaurant/lounge area comfy and cosy. Highly recommend this hostel!

It was pretty quiet when we were there but very cosy. It's a little ways out of the town center but the bus stops pretty much right out front so its not a big deal.

The hostel in need to get renovated.

Thank you for your review. Our rooms may not be super fancy but we care very much for our hostel and we do keep up with maintenance to ensure that everything is running smoothly. Our cleaners work tirelessly to keep the rooms cleaned and our staff are always here to service all our guests needs. We rely on the support of our guests to keep the hostel going and we hope that we can continue to provide our service to many more wonderful people that come through our doors. Team Wada

The Wada girls are amazing - they'll do everything to make sure you feel at home. As a fluent Mandarin speaker I got along fine with figuring out directions and booking but their English is also very on point! Also, the food here is surprisingly good...would recommend the green curry and pancakes. Thanks for making my time in Guilin enjoyable! PS I got my 12th beer in Yangshuo and they were kind enough to give me a shirt :)

Generally, it's a very pleasant place to stay in Guilin. I have a several comments though : 1) We took the Li River tour. Wada failed to mention that the guide on the bus would try to force us to pay for optional stuff, that would have delayed our return to Guilin so much that we couldn't take the same bus back. Not Wada's fault. 2) Wifi doesn't work well in the rooms? 3) If you book a Taxi through the Wada desk, it seems that the price varies... I think Wada could be clearer about prices.

We do want to apologize for what happened. Our goal is to ensure that our guests always have a great experience. If anything doesn't sit right with our guests, we'll do everything to make sure it does. Our wifi is available in our lounge, only steps away from the rooms. Doing so allows us to offer our guests the most reliable internet and access to Gmail,google,facebook in a fun space. As for the taxi prices,they do vary depending on the departure times, whether it's during peak hours or off.

Amazing hostel run by amazing people. The Wada girls were very helpful with booking tours and tickets and answering questions. The food at the hostel is amazing as well. The rooms and bathrooms are very clean and the common area is a perfect place to chill out and meet people. Wada is the only place to stay!

very nice hostel, great staff! very clean and lockers and towels are provided, by the way great lunch boxes, I loved the sandwiches!! ;)

After spending over a month in China staying at numerous hostels this hostel is the best one and its all down to the girls working there who were so happy, friendly, helpful and basically could not do enough to help in anyway possible, it was a joy to stay there.well done

Wada girls rock! Seriously, they were friendly, funny and very helpful. Both Wada hostels we stayed in ( Gui Lin and Yong Shou) were clean and comfortable... we stayed in a private twin at both locations. I wanted to take the shower home from the Wada in Yong Shou, it is nicer than the one in my house! Thanks again Wada girls!

Looked a bit dodgy from the outside but was clean & pleasant inside. Excellent food & drink in the restaurant, loved the beer duck! Very helpful staff with good English. Just stayed for one night, would stay again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7