Wada Hostel in Guilin Reviews

No.212,Huanchengxi 1 Road, Guilin, China

2042 Total Reviews

Stayed in a single ensuite room. Room was clean. Real big minus was that the room heater was not working properly, so it was too cold for me at nights to get a comfortable sleep. The location of the hostel is quite outside from the city center and its bars. The location rating seems to be overrated for me, maybe because the reception girls get a small tip for excellent ratings. The girls all speak good English and are friendly and helpful. A cool guy is the nightkeeper Uncle Zhao.

Thank you for staying at Wada. We want to first apologize for the room heater. When this issue was brought to our attention, we immediately had it fixed. As for our location, we are actually strategically located to the airport shuttle stop and nearby the train station. Also, a mere 10 minutes on the bus takes you right into the city center. We believe many guests see the value in our location. We're perfect for those making quick layover stops and need to go to the train station or airport the next morning. Our policy has always been to give the best of us to our guests and give everyone who walks through our doors a big smile before they leave. We'll do whatever it takes to make sure every moment spent here is perfect. Team Wada

Very cool Hostel with super nice and helpful staff! They gave us the best Hotpot recommendation. We did the full package tour to the riceterraces and were a bit disappointed that they made us pay another 120RMB for the cablecar once we got there. And we didn't really have a choice because our guide told us that walking up and down would take us too long. They have two tours to the terraces there I would recommend to just do the other one! But still the Hostel is a good one

• 27th Dec 2015

Thank you for your review! I want to clarify that any guests who choose either of the Longji Rice Terraces tours do not have to opt in for the cable car. Guests are more than welcome to hike up to the scenic points as they please. The hike can be anywhere between 2-4 hours. Team Wada

it was great, but its so poor that they don't provide wifi inside the room :(

Thank you for your review! I'd like to say that while we don't offer Wifi in the rooms, we have exceptionally reliable wifi within our common space. We focus our energy on providing uninterrupted internet with a dedicated VPN network that bypass China's firewall so guests can freely use their computers the way it should be. Team Wada

Our stay at the hostel was perfect. Everyone spoke very good English, were very friendly and helpful, the breakfast was incredibly tasty (this was at an extra cost but was worth it) and there are no words to describe the amazing all-you-can-eat barbecue. In the evening, we took some rest in one of the many sofas and chilled out with a beer (including Belgian beers). The number of characters is limited here, so I would like to thank the staff for everything and this won't be my last stay.

• 26th Dec 2015
  • Belgium

Thank you for your review! It means so much to us that you love our food. We've put a lot into the preparation of everything we cook so that we can make a lot of hungry bellies happy. Team Wada

First, I must say the staff is great! Willing to help, nice food and their English is good. Have had better rooms, but it was ok. Electric blanket was nice. Location was nice, really nearby a busstation.

Thanks for the review! Team Wada

heated blankets are the best!

Thanks for the review! Team Wada

Absolutely superb hostel! The rooms were great; the curtain on each bed added some privacy, there were plenty of plug sockets, and having two lockers (one big, one small - both with keys) made the room really secure. The staff were fantastic, although we didn't book one of the hostel's tours, they were really helpful when we were organising our trips to Yangshuo and the Longji rice terraces. Allowing us to check out at 7am was a bonus. I can't fault Wada even if I tried! Thanks

• 18th Dec 2015

Thank you for your kind words! =) Team Wada

Great place to stay . Very helpful staff. Good food. Staff all speak good English and can arrange trips etc . Clean rooms AC and heat .

Thank you for your review! =) Team Wada

This is an excellent hostel, close to the bus and central rail stations but not to the downtown. However there is a great bus system and a stop right outside, so it's not a problem. The best part about this place is free laundry! Thanks Ladies.

Thanks for staying here with us! =) Team Wada

Great place . Helpful staff great food. Arranged trip on beautiful Li river to Yangshuo.nice rooms clean . Great barbecue on Friday night!

The highlight is truly the staff. Super helpful and they will put a smile on your face no matter what. The location is ok, a bit far from dowtown, but it's easy to take a bus from there and it's right beside a shopping mall where you can find many nice restaurants. Rooms are nice and clean.

hostel was great, staff were super helpful, i just dont recommend coming to Guilin this time of year -- all tours we went on we couldnt see past the fog -- so if you come now you run the risk of not fully seeing scenery (whole point of co ming) overall great trip tho, ORDER THE FRIES

Best hostel in China so far!!! (mainly due to the staff. Thanks, I had a wonderful stay!)

The location is a bit difficult to find if people arrive late since not much lighting and signage around the street (e.g. 11PM) However apart from that, so convenient to stay there, facilities good.

Amazing hostel. The facilities are excellent and the food is delicious. Great coffee too! The girls here will make your stay. After a long journey they were so welcoming and they go out of their way to make your stay an enjoyable one. Definitely the place to stay in Guilin and would love to stay again.

• 7th Dec 2015

Great hostel and the staff were really helpful, they even helped me to get my hair cut and said I looked handsome afterwards! (I know, they say that to all the boys!)

Me and my girlfriend stayed in this hostel for 3 nights in a double room. The atmosphere that you find here is very relaxing and comfortable. Recommended the food for all the meals!

• 6th Dec 2015
  • Colombia

Clean, great staff, location, heated beds, amazing BBQ, & English. Roomy dorm with bathroom. 2 lockers/bed; 1 powered. Beds had curtain & reading light. Staff are smart, talented, & charming. They help with tours & transit; & want you to relax, & enjoy life. Ask Amy to show you a game! Common area setup for socializing; excellent pool table, video & reading rooms. Food was huge & Miaomiao made great suggestions. You wont want to leave; invite your loved ones & forget the rest of your trip!

Before we arrived and read the reviews on hostelworld, we actually thought most of them were fake, but after staying at Wada a couple of days I must say its the best hostel I stayed at in terms of atmosphere and staff. The Wada girls are so friendly and helpful. The atmosphere in the hostel is amazing, you met so many travelers. The breakfast is great and reasonably priced. All beds have built in heaters. Wifi is good, even one for FB. Bbq night=wow. Only negative: Common area is a bit cold.

Great place! The staff is super helpful and always smiling. The common area is very cozy, and the beds in the dorms are excellent. We've been traveling in China for almost three months, and this hostel is the best we've been to!