Wada Hostel in Guilin Reviews

No.212,Huanchengxi 1 Road, Guilin, China

Friendliest staff at any hostel or hotel or guesthouse or B&B--EVER. Food was excellent. Wished we had stayed longer!

the place had a really nice atmosphere. That is what I will most remember it for. The staff are really nice and they organise tours. Its location is very close to the bus and train station which is great but at the same time the area around the hostel is dirty. There are places to go eat and drink which is good. The hostel itself is in a quiet enclosure so it seems safe.

• 30th Jun 2014

Great hostel run by the amazingly friendly and helpful Wada girls. Location is easily accessible by pubic transport. Rooms are basic but clean. Bar has a great atmosphere. Great value for money. Will certainly recommend the Wada to others.

Good location: close to supermarket, McDonald's, bus stop, convenient for getting anywhere in the city. The staff speaks excellent English and is very helpful when planning your activities. I recommend it.

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Slovenia

Absolutely perfect hostel, by fsr the best in China. The girls are amazing and the atmosphere is awesome. Booked the Rice Terrace tour through them and it was perfect. Do yourself a favor and stay here!

Best hostel we stayed at in China! Amazing facilities, staff, food. We'll be back Wada Girls!

The stuff is amazing!!! Nice and helpfull. There are a lot of restaurants around with cheap food. But it's not close to the centre. But the train station is close (walking perhaps 10 - 15 min)

Not just the best hostel in China, but the best I have ever stayed in!! Super friendly, helpful and at many times hilarious staff - who all speak English exceptionally well. Rooms and facilities are in good condition and well maintained with wi-fi available throughout the hostel. The best aspect has to be the atmosphere which is facilitated through a great bar and socializing areas and the staff who are always smiling and up for a laugh. Well done Wada! I will miss you. From Murrrrrphhheeeeyyyy!

It was great! Very new hostel, really enjoyd my stay!

Thank you Wada for everything! I enjoyed my stay at wada and it left me feeling bittersweet leaving at such a short notice. I will definitely come back in the future!

Wada was a great place to stay, I was only there for one night as heading to Yangshuo, but tbe pick up service Wada offered from the airport was great, and the staff were very helpful telling me how to get the bus to Yangshou. The communal area has a great atmosphere, and good food and drinks, I arrived late on a Friday, so missed the BBQ they do every Friday night, but it looked great! Rooms were fine for what I paid, only problem was it was noisy at night, but good overall.

Seeing that the hostel was very well rated, I booked in. However I was very shocked when if found out the location, the street is very dirty. The hosel is very difficult to find even if it seems easy on the map provided on the website of the hostel. Besides, I couldn't sleep until very late at night, because of the differeent noises (People shouting, Slamming doors, Cars passing by,...). The manager at the reception was not very nice.

I had amazing nights at Wada hostel in Guilin. The girls were extremely friendly and helpful. They provide you with some board/ card games and ended up making friends whilst there. In addition, I must say that their lemon chicken is absolutely gorgeous!! Food/ drinks are sold by a reasonable price. Highly recommended!

The Wada girls were super nice and helpful, way above and beyond the call of duty! I've been to plenty of hostels while travelling around Asia and this was definitely the best.

Amazing hostel with amazing staff. The wada girls are super friendly and helpful! My first hostel in China where I met a lot of western travellers and it was very social. Would definetely come back and recommend to stay in this hostel!

Our stay in Guilin was basically made phenomenal by staying at Wada. The staff was very friendly and supportive and thanks to their help we managed to see the most we could in the area. Rooms are nice and comfortable, so far the most comfortable beds we've slept on on our backpacking trip across China. Highly recommend to anyone travelling to Guilin!

Stayed for a quick stop overnight so I didn't get to check out most of the hostel. The staff was very helpful. Bathrooms weren't great but other than that it really was wonderful.

Great staff. Very helpful. Lots of foreigners.

• 10th Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

I love this Hostel! it was very nice there, the staff can speak fluent english and can you provide with all the information you need, and the wifi in the lobby is faster than in my house in germany. Also Facebook and other restricted internetsites can be accesed without a problem ;)

Nice hostel, staff is nice and speaks very good English. We did miss self-catering facilities, but they are quite rare in all of China. The staff couldn't help very much with other info than their own tours (such as prices of the sights in Guilin or means to get to Vietnam). This was the only hostel in China that we stayed at that had mainly western guests instead of Chinese.