Wada Hostel in Guilin Reviews

No.212,Huanchengxi 1 Road, Guilin, China

2039 Total Reviews

This is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed inn. Super friendly staff, very clean, big comfortable beds with curtains for privacy and ensuite bathrooms. Great social atmosphere and the food is really fresh and tasty. The breakfast is especially good. Again, the staff is always very helpful and fun to hang out with too.

We really enjoyed our stay at this hostel. Although it is located in what appeared to be an auto repair district of the city, requiring a good 20-30 minute walk to the downtown area, the hostel itself was quite nice. The beds were SO comfortable and big!!! The rooms and bathrooms were spacious and clean. Staff held a dumpling making party the night we stayed, so we got to meet a lot of other travelers and have fun.

• 28th Sep 2015

I was very impressed with Wada and had an amazing time there! I did free dumplings on Monday night and they were delicious! Also the food there is outstanding and had lots of Western options which I loved (as I have been living in China awhile) The staff are super helpful and I was very happy with my time their. One thing, when you are looking to do tours make sure you check out all the options, Wada is cheaper but sometimes it is just as easy and cheaper to take the city bus! Thanks Wada

Super friendly staff. Dumpling party is fun. The food is really tasty and portion sizes are very generous. Only very minor drawbacks are the lack of wifi in the rooms, no secondary lighting option in our room and mozzie incense coils in the corridors would be welcome. Top hostel!

Had a great stay here, staff were very helpful and accomadating, would recommend this hostel.

As at Wada Yangshuo - and Guilin Central (see my reviews of these as comparison) - this hostel is one of the friendliest & comfiest in China.Tiptop spick&span ensuite dorms outstanding value. Really sociable common area,ok pool table,board games;wee nooks of reading & movie rooms as offshoots;very pleasant outdoor patio:caters for the main persuasions. Google&Youtube! Food good;big portions. But it's Mad Nice Evil Monica & Her Minions: the Monkey Panda Wada Girls who laugh&smile&keep you here.

Can add anything. It was just PERFECT!

Great hostel! Staff are fantastic, very friendly and helpful. Great clean rooms & beds. Would stay again.

Great hostel, fun atmosphere, excellent dorms and helpful staff.

The food was more expensive than other hostels that I went to, but it was tasty and well worth the extra cost.

Great place, very friendly staff and very clean, well considered dorms.

The staff were great!

We had fantastic welcome from the wada girls after a long tiring train journey. We arrived early and although the room wasn't available we could shower and leave our bags while we went exploring. The bar area is very sociable which offers great food including some amazing healthy fruit juices and salads. I enjoyed making dumplings with the other guests whils exchanging travel stories. Very nerabthe station and plenty of buses and shops. Highly recommended.

Great hostel with wonderful beds and a great common area. Especially the draperies for the beds in the dorm are great, makes it a lot easier to sleep as you are not affected by people walking around in the room.

Very good hostel overall. Nice atmosphere and friendly staffstaff.

For ne still the best Hostel in China!

Wada Hostel was perfect for my needs: the location was excellent with frequent bus services just down the road to all major attractions; the Wada girls were professional, friendly and welcoming; and the facilities and services were great! The shared dorms were basic but clean and provided everything you could need. With the help of the hostel's organised activities (dumpling making party!) it was easy to make friends with fellow travellers.

Absolutely loved my stay here! The owner is extremely friendly and will even stop work to play a game of pool with you. The staff helped me with things before I could even ask for help. The food is also stellar, which is an added bonus. Beds were comfortable and clean. They really know how to run a hostel! Highly recommend it for a nice, relaxing, comfortable time.

• 6th Sep 2015

Still awesome with all of you! :)

Guys! You are doing a great job! I've enjoyed my stay in Guilin most of all my nights in China! And I have to thank you for all your help and your good tips! If I'm in Guilin again, I will definitly come back again! You could maybe add one chair and a desk in each room. That would make the stay for guests in the upper beds in the dormrooms more comfortable. ;-) Greetings Christian