Wada Hostel in Guilin Reviews

No.212,Huanchengxi 1 Road, Guilin, China

1951 Total Reviews

this hostel is so nice. it was easy to get to from the airport bus station (25 RMB), but a little far to walk to downtown. however there is a big mall very close and you can find everything there. the stuff, especially Monica and Jenin, are so great and helpfull. the room (private) was nice and very clean. the bathroom nice and comfortable, with a curtain between the shower and the toilet, which was great. WI FI only in public areas, the food is delicious and not really pricy. recomended.

Wada Hostel was probably one of the best hostels we stayed in so far. I really appreciate, that the hostel is making all their food on their own - selfmade yoghurt, selfmade ice cream and so on, thumbs up, the food was delicious. It is also nice to have an internet access with facebook and so on. Also they offer this nice dumpling party, was fun! The best thing on the hostel is definitely the staff, they treat you like friends. Monica showed us an awesome place with a view over the whole city :)

Exceptional Hostel. Staff were great. The tours offered were great. The atmosphere was great and the staff brought everyone together with night activities. Very clean and spacious too.

Had an amazing stay!! Everyone is so nice and helpfull!! Would recommand it to everyone:)

Staff were friendly and the hostel is conveniently located directly across from a mall with a grocery store in the basement. The WiFi wasn't always reliable and the prices on some of the bar and food items was a bit high; but overall a good choice for a hostel.

Really great hostel! Staff are so friendly and helpful! Would definitely recommend it!

Perfect service by the wada girls.

The staff is super friendly, I was struggling to buy the train ticket to Nanning because the online system was in chinese so the ladies bought a train ticket using their personal accounts. The BBQ evening joints were also great, even vegetarian guests were satisfied. Oh now Monica, nicknamed "The Wada Heartbreaker" invited me for dinner with her family in celebration of the Dragon Boat Festival, perhaps the best dinner i had during my 30 day trip in China... the doughnuts were delicious!

• 19th Jun 2015
  • Rwanda

This place doesn't look too good from the outside but is mostly pretty good inside. It has the best bunk beds in the dorms I've ever seen. Stairs led up to the top bunks. Each bed has a curtain and a locking cabinet with an outlet, as well as a large locker for luggage. Blackout curtains on the windows too. The bathroom wasn't the best, which brought down my makes for cleanliness and facilities but over all it is a very good place and I would recommend it.

Best hostel I have yet to stay at! Staff were super helpful, atmosphere was great, and the rooms were spacious - all you can eat BBQ is a must! We stayed here for 2 nights before going on to Yangshuo but came before catching our flight - we were able to store our bags, hang out in the common area and even participate in the dumpling making party! I highly recommend staying here.

By far the best staff I encountered in China. Has vpn so you can get around the great firewall of China.

Loved it, great atmosphere. Especially enjoyed the dumpling party on Monday night! Too many dumplings to eat and it was for free! Staff couldn't have been more enthusiastic and helpful.

I don't tend to comment on hostels but in this case I'm happy to make an exception. Wada hostel stands out as the best I have stayed in for a number of reasons: - The staff make a point of remembering names, this is a nice personal touch - My dorm room was bigger, cleaner and more comfortable than any other I've stayed in. It was cleaned daily and I was offered clean bedding - Value for money was brilliant, not only was it cheap, the food at the dumpling party on Mondays is free Recommended!

• 12th Jun 2015

One of my favourite hostels I have ever been to with exceptionally friendly staff and a generally happy atmosphere. The rooms are lovely (with a curtain across your bed for privacy!) and seem to all be ensuite. The public area has a good range of food and drink, a film area, a pool table, a reading area and an outside patio (although sadly my stay was a little wet to put that to good use). I couldn't help making friends with the staff and fellow guests!

So far my best experience in a hostel. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The location is great, the dorms are very clean, the lounge area is top notch, and they even have events for the people staying in the hostel. I attended the dumpling party and it was so fun!! I'd highly recommend this hostel.

The Wada experience is made by the Wada girls. Despite the torrential downpour in Guangxi province, the girls made our experience at Guilin, by far the most memorable one. Special mention to Janine giving us free shots! Besides, the service was absolutely lovely, we got to meet new people from around the world. Thank You so much for making our stay in Guilin so wonderful, we will make sure to visit again.

The rooms are spacious and well equipped, each bed has its own curtain, small locker, reading light and power-point. The hostel also offers free washing which was invaluable! It was in a great location, a little out of the chaotic tourist area, with great street food and interesting stalls surrounding it. Above all WE LOVED THE WADA GIRLS!! Thank you so much for all your generosity and kindness it was the reason we came back three times :)

Wada is a fantastic hostel, honestly one the best hostels I've stayed in, and definitely the best in China. The staff are super helpful and do their absolute best to help with anything you need. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. We extended our stay from two nights to four, partly because there is so much to do in Guilin and the surrounding area, but having a great hostel to stay at made that a very easy choice!

Awesome hostel, super friendly staff, great food available to order, good facilities and easy to walk or get a bus around the local area. Also there are tours you can sign up for too which I would recommend!

Nice place but quiet a bit away from centre though busstation is, close...