Waikiki Backpackers Hostel Reviews

2569 Cartwright Rd., Honolulu, USA

Third hostel I have used and it's the BEST. First w air conditioning. I will make this my first choice when I visit again.

this hostel is great, perfectly located, and the staff was more than one good ask for. i had a wonderful experience and met some really cool people that made my stay more perfect. OMG the beds were heavenly comfy, especially after a day out. I highly recommend this hostel to solo or dual+ travelers.

• 8th Apr 2014

Stayed here recently. There was no card/EFTPOS facility functioning so we had to pay in cash, which was supposed to be resolved soon but had not been by the time I left (I stayed for a week). I also gave them a $10 deposit for the key, which should/was promised to be returned to me when I left. When I checked out, they claimed I never gave the $10 deposit and did not return my money. Out of principle, it is poor form. Maybe it was muddled with the $700 cash we had to pay??

• 6th Apr 2014

I was VERY disappointed after booking with Hostel World to stay at the Waikiki Backpackers Hostel. I showed up at the reception to be told that the dorm room I had booked (and paid a reservation fee for) was for people "45 and under" (age that is - I am definitely older than 45). There had been no mention of that in the booking process or on the web site. There was no refund of the booking fee. I ended up going to a different Hostel (the Waikiki Beachside Hostel) which was excellent.

• 1st Apr 2014

Amazing hostel. Perfect location to explore Waikiki as it conveniently located behind the major front beach hotels and not far from LuLu's bar. Also has great facilities especially in the private rooms. Staff were awesome and extremely helpful especially Kesha :) Good times!

It was very unconplicated to check in and the room was clean and the facilties in a good condition. This hostel is worth its money also because of the excellent location.

• 26th Mar 2014
  • Switzerland

Staff are completely amazing, most notably Katie who went way out of her way to ensure my stay was comfortable!

• 10th Mar 2014

A larger common room would do a lot to create a more social atmosphere.

Great hostel with a good location in Waikiki. Clean and nice rooms.

it was sad to leave... I should only have stayed longer... Awesome time over there.

It's great! Only like $38 a night including tax and breakfast. Right next to Waikiki beach and the Zoo, so also super close to all shopping and Diamond Head. Staff was awesome! Really friendly and helpful, they're definitely sarcastic and love to joke around but always in a fun playful way. Everyday a nice lady comes to clean, and there's a bathroom and shower as well as a full kitchen in the each of the 4 person dorm rooms. They can hook you up with tours and airport shuttle too. NO BED BUGS!!

• 4th Mar 2014

Staff is friendly and helpful.

• 3rd Mar 2014

we made a nice party, very international. totally recommended

Very dirt

location sensational! free breakfast, people friendly

• 23rd Feb 2014

Had such a great time at the hostel. Staff were all friendly and helpful. The room was clean, and the place was a great location, right by the beach. The free pizza night and free beer nights really create a fun atmosphere.

• 22nd Feb 2014

A very nice hostel, a bit hidden between huge monster hotels, with a very interesting location, very very nice staff and good entertainment. It was a rich experience ;)

Everything was perfect: the people, the facilities, the cleanliness, etc. I met new friends to talk and spend time with. Also the hostel was near from Sheraton Moana Surfrider Hotel where my ISROMAC15 Congress was held.....

we didn't stay. we cancelled the booking prior to leaving New Zealand

• 17th Feb 2014
  • New Zealand

A great located hostel! I recommend it highly.

« first « Prev 1 2 3