Waikiki Backpackers Hostel Reviews

2569 Cartwright Rd., Honolulu, Hawaii, USA

The hostel has a very nice location. rooms are big with its own refrigirator and kitchen... I really liked that. Common area is a bit small and the hostel is a bit pricy.

No security at all, the staff very rude and not helpful.

• 12th Feb 2014
  • Spain

Slightly drab hostel, helpful enough staff but charged us a nights accommodation when we only wanted to stay for one. We had reserved on-line and paid a deposit by card, but as you know travel plans change. As for that, alright place to stay but not that appealing to hang around during the day/night. Lack of good common areas.

• 6th Feb 2014

We love staying there, it is my 3rd time there and my new wife's 1st time, it is 3 minutes and 37 seconds from Waikiki beach, it was a honeymoon for us and diddnt let us down, I would highly recommend this place!!!

I had never stayed at a Hostel before but these guys at Waikiki Backpackers Hostel did not make me regret it! It was so much fun. The staff was so friendly and they made sure I was settled in and taken care of they even had great tips about the area. The room was pretty great for what you pay I had a room with three other girls and we had a private bathroom fridge and sink with a microwave. It is located in a great area around everything yiu might need. Greatest time I've ever spent traveling!

• 6th Feb 2014
  • Guatemala

It is not a bad place. Good location.

It's not the best hostel but it's quite OK. Some part of the staff were extremely friendly, other seemed to have so much work to manage everything that they had no time for a smile. I read very bad comments on this hostel before sleeping there, but indeed it's quite OK.

• 5th Feb 2014

Good: - Location: even though Waikiki is awfull, it's near the beach. - They have lockers - Breakfast was included - Probably on of the best deals in Waikiki because it lacks competition Bad: - Waikiki is really not a nice place to stay - Everything is just average - Expensive!! Like everything in Waikiki

Don't go there!

Staff were all nice, bathrooms were surprisingly clean for a hostel. More shuttle options (or some regular schedule for the shuttle to follow) would be good, I had planned on the $12 guy but he was all over the place and I ended up having to pay $45 for a taxi to the airport. Overall though, not bad. Not bad at all.

Rooms are small and it wasn't really clean

Hugly bed ! Dumb staf... Anything is good and very high price.

I made a reservation two weeks in advance, went there one day before to confirm my booking. As we arrived the hostel was overbooked, they didn't have any room available! We slept in the livingroom the first night (for free).

What an awesome hostel to stay at! The staff was super friendly and helped me with all of my questions right away. Perfect location, so close to the beach. Loved that there was a kitchen, fridge, and private shower in the room. Would definitely stay here again! Excellent!

• 12th Jan 2014

Good location , nice staff , I liked this hostel. Now, they have free pizza night twice a week. I'd like to stay again when I go to Waikiki next time!

• 11th Jan 2014
  • Japan

Great location, right near the beach. staff are really friendly and helpful. Only downside is that it is in a residential area so you have to be quiet at night.

We had a big private room with a big fridge and a kitchentte however not equipped. They charged us an additional Hawaii state tax which no other hostel charged us on Hawaii which was pretty much a rip off. We found it pretty expensive as for a little more money you can get a much nicer double room in a hotel.

Great location and nice staff. It was a good Airport shutle and tours.

The hostel was quite disorganized. The staff was not coordinated -- I was not picked up by the hostels shuttle and they ignored the email I sent trying to confirm that I will be picked up. There were no lockers in my room which is what they said they offer, the rooms were dirty and smelled. The only perks were the free pizza nights and the other guests that were staying. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone as a primary choice.

• 16th Dec 2013

When I booked, I paid more money to stay in a 4 bed female dorm but instead there were 6 of us in there....It would not of been a problem if the room was bigger but it was very cramped...Also the internet was very poor...I couldn't even connect to the internet from my room! The common room was very squished ....Besides from this, the hostel was in a fabulous location!

• 9th Dec 2013