Wake UP! Cairo Hostel Reviews

33 A Ramsis st., Marouf Tower., Downtown, Cairo, Egypt

Great Hostel and Staff. I recommend them to all which plan to spend some days in Cairo.

This was a great place to stay predominantly cause the staff were very helpful. They offered a good deal on the tours as well. I checked around some of the tour agencies for example for the giza trip and they offered better rates. I'm particularly thankful for them for suggesting the desert tour as it was a highlight of my trip after having seen the pyramids of course! Thanks guys!

Excellent location, friendly and helpful staff, good value

Came here after a bad experience in another hostel and I should have come here first. Clean rooms, hot shower, decent breakfast for a hostel and the fastest WiFi I experienced in Egypt. Lift didn't work when I visited but if a 45 year old asthmatic can manage I'm sure most others can as well.

good staff that will do anything and everything for you!...clean and simple, everything is in good order, friendly and near everything! Good job everybody!

• 17th Jan 2014

청결하고 좋습니다 그러나 장소찾기가 힘듭니다 저는 후루가다에서 도착해서 람세스 호텔 앞에서 내러서 쉽게 찾았는데, 길 건너기가 어렵지만 람세스 호텔을 기점으로 찾으면 좋습니다 위치는 7층이고 대로변에 입구가 있습니다 회색문 찾기만 하면 위치도 청결도 좋습니다

• 17th Jan 2014
  • South Korea

The room was very comfortable and the service was excellent :) Comes recommended :D

• 26th Feb 2013

Peter and his team was excellent. They made us feel at home right away and even helped us plan an itinerary for the days we didn't have tours. One of the workers even walked us to a restaurant that he recommended to us because it was "easier than giving us directions" and he wanted to make sure that we arrived safely. The rooms are spacious and clean and you are given towels and linens. Security and location are fantastic, we didn't feel unsafe or uncomfortable at all! Highly recommend!

• 21st Feb 2013

ALL the staff are by far the friendliest and most welcoming and helpful staff I have had at a hostel. They make you like family from the start. You can ask for just about anything and they will organize it for you. Offered transport to pyramids or airport transfer which is so helpful. (We even got an airport transfer at 4am). They arrange nice tours all over Egypt. I can't describe how great of an experience this hostel made Cairo. If you don't stay here you are crazy :)

• 16th Jan 2013
  • Egypt

this hostel was recommended to us by a friend and we don't really see why. the location is good, no doubt about that. but the walls are super thin and the staff was chatting til late at night. plus the both of us had a bad allergy attack in the room, probably because of the duvets. unfortunately, there was no airport pick-up when we arrived in cairo after 12 hours of travelling, but they paid most oft the taxi fare instead.

Dear Mrs.Haake, Thanks for your review..but we don't know here what you meant by the walls are super thin?! it cann't be like that at all specially that we're in a tower with 15 floors here! we don't know also why we didn't recognize any allergy attack on you or your roommate?! or why there's our guests didn't get same?!!! you've sent your flight details few hours before arrival and we sent our driver to pick you up. even you didn't see him we paid for your taxi from the airport to the hostel! i think we deserve better review than that!!!

Love this place. I've been to Cairo three times so far and I always end up staying here at some point. It has everything you need for a super good price and a great location. The staff is awesome and always ready to help. Plus, The hostel itself is super clean. You really can't ask for a better hostel!

• 8th Sep 2012

We stayed in this hostel with a group of friends and we rented a private room, but we got money (little money,but money indeed) stolen from our backpacks, They charge extra for AC!!!!!!!!!! One thing in favor is its price and location... But there are better hostels in Cairo

Dear Guest, first i would like to remind you that you and your friend had a booking in the dorm room and when you came you wanted to change it to be 2 private rooms, so i think you had to pay 10 Euros extra. and our dorm room has four fans which we think is enough and the private room has AC. so you just paid for changing from dorm to two private rooms not for the AC as you said!! second point..how come you think that someone can steal 10 euros from your room?! it has never happened during 7 years here and it doesn't make any sense that someone steal 10 euros and leave all valuable belongs!! we think here that you didn't like the idea to pay extra for changing to other rooms. Thanks anyway for your review!!!

VeRy hAnDy

Excellent value for money. Very central location in Downtown Cairo, five minutes to the Egyptian Museum, Midam Tahrir and the metro station. Although the building looks a bit old and neglected, the hostel, the common spaces and the rooms are very clean and spacious. Very friendly and helpful staff.

Pros- nice simple breaky, clean rooms, aircon (though noisy), excellent driver organised by the hotel, very close to Egpytian museum, cheap airport transfer, friendly staff. Cons- noisy location not near much of interest, had to change rooms after one night, have to pay for internet. Overall- we recommend this place.

We really enjoyed our stay in Wake Up Hostel. The staff is superfriendly, the rooms are clean and the location is perfect (next to egyptian museum and Tarir-Square). Two negativ points: The hostel is a little bit difficult to find, because it is insied of a scyscraper, but theres no sign outside. (we searched for one our to find it) The whole building is very old and the elevator hardly worksn (and the staircases are horrible) but apart from this, the hostel is excellent!!!

The hostal was in a very centural location in Cairo with great views of the city. It has really friendly staff & felt very clean & comfortable. I enjoyed my stay there very much

• 25th Mar 2012

Amazing service, Excellent rooms and the breakfasts were a very nice addition! Much more than what is expected of a hostel! I would definitely recommend it to everyone!!!

• 16th Mar 2012

Hi All, Just got back from a 5 days in Cairo and stayed at this warm and friendly place. The facility was very clean and staff was extremely friendly and did their best to meet all my needs. Hassan(0wner) greeted me on arrival and helped me plan an awesome trip around Egypt and for great prices. The Cario museum is a few blocks away. Initially i was scared bcause of news on tv.. However walking Cario by myself I never once felt unsafe. Loved this place and cannot wait to go back!!!

• 21st Feb 2012