Wake Up Naturally Reviews

508 Zencuoan, Xiamen, China

I was surprised to discover the location of this place is in a confusing warren of alleys near the beach area. Not sure if it was because of my internet connection, but I didn't get directions of any sort. People either didn't know it, or just kept sending me up another little alley until someone called the number for me. Then immediately, someone came and found me and took me to the hostel. I never would have found it otherwise! There was no signage in English. Great view from the rooftop!

The staff was really really nice and helped us a lot. But before booking that hostel it needs to be clear that this is a chinese youth hostel and not comparable to other backpacker hostels. (This becomes clear when considering that the hostel sign on the outside is not in english and the staff doesnt speak english as well. Free drinks or sth. like that are not availible) All in all the hostel was not bad, especially taking into account the nice staff.

The staff at the hostel was extremely helpful and friendly to me whilst on my stay. The room was nice, as was the location..right in the middle of a bustling marketplace and about a 5 minute walk to the beach! Would defo recommend.

• 8th Sep 2014
  • Scotland

loved it here! Location was great, staff were so helpful and my room, although very basic and with occasionally dodgy electrics was on the roof overlooking the wonderful scenery. I highly recommend this if you want to be in the middle of a vibrant little resort.