Wake Up! Sydney Central Reviews

509 Pitt Street, Opposite Central Railway, Sydney, Australia

I stayed in private-double with my wife, the place was nice and clean, great location, great cafe downstairs. NEGATIVE: Cannot open room windows. No FREE internet. Paid for a towel but it wasn't clean, no refund was offered. No hairdryers. Also showers have a strange position, to get wet you pretty much have to stand with your nose on the tiles. Overall, I would stay here again for sure. 8/10 :)

Stayed there allready a couple time's in the last 5 years. It's a big place but the do the best to keep everyone happy. Iit stil looks the same then 5 years ago, so they do there best to keep it clean. Shame you still have to pay for internet but for the rest it's a great place.

I like this hostel. It is nice and clean with friendly staff. 😀

• 4th Oct 2014
  • Sweden

Hi There, Thanks for leaving some feedback after your stay with us, we love hearing from our guests! I'm glad you found the staff friendly, they certainly love what they do here and are always a bunch of fun! Hope to see you again soon :) Wake Up! Management

Perfect!!!!!!

Hi there! Thanks for leaving us a review!!! I'm so glad to hear you had such a 'perfect' stay with us :) Hope to see you again soon. Wake Up! Management

Could be better!

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • Taiwan

The location is amazing! its so close to central station and bus station! Staff was nice and the room was alright, compared to other dorms, it was great room :)

Overall pretty good hostel.. Easy place to meet people. Very social!! A little too expensive to stay here again. Bathrooms could definitely be a little cleaner.

Hi There, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! Its always nice to get feedback, to help us improve as always :) I'm glad you found it easy to meet people, we really focus on creating that atmosphere! Thanks for letting me know about the bathrooms. They should be exceptional at all times, so it's disappointing to hear we have let you down during your stay. I will be keeping a close eye on this to ensure it doesn't happen again!

Really enjoyed my stay here. Location is excellent, right across from the train station and everything you want is in walking distance. Facilities are very clean. Atmosphere was good and there's a nightclub next door. The bouncers employed there are the only negative things in regards to Wake Up! Also the rooms get really hot, I kept waking waking up and I never had a good sleep. Would stay there again.

Hi There, Thanks for taking the time out to leave us a review after your stay, its always appreciated by us :) I'm glad you enjoyed the atmosphere, we are known for having fun events everyday and night so I'm glad you joined in! My sincere apologies about the temperature of your room, with the change in season, sometimes the air conditioning takes a while to adjust to the ever increasing summer weather. I have checked all levels now and have fixed that. Thanks again! Hope to see you again

The dunnies on level 5 had a strong odour of urine, but that was fixed during my stay (thankfully). Staff were a bit reticent to help and were often preoccupied with doing whatever they were doing behind the counter - when I checked-in the staff were just chatting for ages before they came out from behind the "one-way glass" to welcome me. Positives: clean, comfortable and good security. Negatives: the "ambiance" music was way too loud - and there was hair in my food from the hostel cafe.

Hi There, Thanks for your feedback, its really important for us to know of your experience here at Wake Up! Its really disappointing to hear of your impression of the reception staff. They are are number 1 asset here at Wake Up! I'm so sorry we have let you down in your instance! On the other hand I'm glad you found Wake Up! clean and secure. I hope we get a chance to accommodate you again so you can experience a TRUE Wake Up! stay. Wake Up! Management

Was the best hostel i could wish for, great and friendly staff and so much fun activities, will definitely come back!!

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Sweden

We stayed on a busy weekend in a room right by the lifts and not a single night were we woken up or bothered by noise! Kept very clean and staff unfailingly friendly and helpful too. Plus lots of good bonuses like the luggage storage was great, everything we needed for an awesome weekend away thank you :)

This was a good hostel, with lots of organised activities and good areas to hang out and meet people. There were also lights and plugs for all the beds, which is always a bonus. It did feel very big, so if you want a smaller feel then it probably isn't for you.

Awesome place to stay, super friendly and something to do everyday :D

• 24th Sep 2014
  • Wales

Great Hostel and good location. Staff were helpful and there was always something to do at the hostel. Really enjoyed the large shower stalls!

Good location, clean, quite pricey. No free wifi or breakfast

Just your average big city hostel. Clean, good location, comfy bed. Not bad value for money.

The Wake Up centre has it all. Thank you so much for a fantastic time. The location was fantastic, straight up the road [35min walk) to the harbour. Staff could not do enough. Every day there were free trips or food. Happy hour at the club and something different at the club every night. Big screen tv, all travellers greet each other. We were the older couple but we met many young ones that has travelled on their own and were joined up with others. I would love my children to stay here x

• 15th Sep 2014

Clean and well located hostel with many activities to offer. Unfortunately, though, most of the people staying at Wake Up! seem to be 19 years old or younger and just interested in partying with no respect for other room-mates.

Nothing bad to say about this place, out of the five hostels we stayed at on our Aus/NZ/Indonesia trip this was the best. It was also the priciest, but that's okay. The location is outstanding, it doesn't get any better than being across the street from the train station. Clean, friendly staff, friendly people, very safe. My favorite part was the quiet, the social area is on the second floor and there's no places for people to gather or party on the floors where the rooms are located. yay!

Hostel was ok. Rooms are small with no lockers and you cant open any windows. The bar is not bad but it is not cheap, it costs the same as any other bar/club in Sydney.

Hi There, Thanks for leaving us your thoughts after your recent stay with us, we always appreciate feedback :) Reception gave you an upgrade to a dorm with less people, hence why the room may have been smaller. My apologies if this wasn't preferred in your case. The room you stayed in has 6 lockers, one for each guest in the room. I'm not sure why it appeared we didn't have lockers. I hope we get to accommodate you again, next time in a larger dorm :) Wake Up! Management

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5