Wake Up! Sydney Central

Superb 4928 Total Reviews
Superb 4928 Total Reviews

24th Apr 2017

Very very clean, great for meeting people. Would definitely recommend. Almost like a hotel to be honest

• England, Couple, 18-24
20th Apr 2017

More like a hotel with shared rooms than a hostel. One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in, super clean, really comfy beds, good atmosphere, lots of free stuff, amazing security, great location, honestly couldn't say a bad word about it! Would stay here again in a heart beat if I was in Sydney again! Will definitely be recommending this hostel!

19th Apr 2017
6.6

Stayed here four nights and got one undisturbed night's sleep. The hostel itself is well equipped and in a good location, and the staff are OK, but it's seven floors of 18-21 year-olds getting drunk all the time. Corridors really noisy at anything up to four in the morning, girls crying in the rooms after being dumped after their latest 20-minute fling and people stumbling in from the bar downstairs at all hours. Absolutely fine if you want that kind of place, but we really, really didn't.

Hi there, Thanks for your review and I am pleased you mentioned our good location and that fact that we keep our hostel well equipped. In regards to your room it really sounds like you just lucked out with room mates who in this case may have been younger and up for more of a party. They are by no means an indication of there general property and Wake Up enjoys a good mix of ages with the vast majority all being aged under 35 years of age. In future please come and see us at reception as we would have made moves immediately to make your stay a better one and sent you one your way with a much better feeling about the place. Cheers Dev Penney - GM

18th Apr 2017

This hostel was fantastic! This centrally located in Sydney, which makes it easy to get around. The room was a decent size, and fairly comfortable for a dorm. The bathroom was clean, and staff were helpful. I would recommend this hostel to anyone travelling in Sydney!

• Austria, Female, 41+
18th Apr 2017

I had a great stay at Wake Up! Sydney. For me the location was perfect because it's near to the mainstation and it was very convenient for coming and going to the airport with my big suitcase. Also the buses to Cogee and Bondi Beach are leaving and arriving at Central Station. So this was great for me. If you want to walk to the Sydney Opera House or Harbour Bridge it takes you around 30-40 minutes (depending how fast you walk and what you want to see on the way there). Staff was very friendly!

• Australia, Male, 41+

A very enjoyable experience

Hi there, I appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review and I am pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay. Cheers Dev Penney - GM

• kteeconnell3108
  • Australia, Female, 31-40
18th Apr 2017

I only stayed the night but I was very happy with the customer service I received. I felt comfortable in my room /had a good night sleep. I used the bathroom facilities and were happy with them. The only thing in this area I would say is maybe include toilet brushes as the toilets could have been cleaner if people could have cleaned up any small things. I was able to store my luggage in the store room while I waited for my bus which was convenient.

• Ireland, Couple, 18-24
17th Apr 2017

Good hostel, located well for getting around the city.. staff were always courteous which was good.. only annoying things were the kitchen can get a bit crowded (understandably), and the key cards kept failing.. other then that it was a nice base for us while we found something more long term.. would recommend

7.7

Was in an 8 bed room on the top floor (which smelt of puke by the elevator my whole stay), my last night I was moved to the 5th floor (reserved late) I was excited to be out of the puke halls but unfortunately my new room smelt very poorly and had a sign on it that it was due for a "deep clean". So that was great they put me one night in a dirty room. Also, the restroom on my floor was "out of order". Luckily location is perfect so didn't spend most time inside. Would not recommend for long stay

Hi there, I appreciate you taking the time to leave some feedback for us and would like to extend my apologies regarding the smell outside your room. We ended up having to steam clean the entire area twice to remove the smell and I believe that if we had done a better job of it the first time we may not have received your complaint. I shall be keeping a much closer eye on this in future. Regarding the Deep Clean sign in your new room I believe there may have been some confusion over its meaning. We conduct deep cleans of each floor twice a week and the sign simply advises the occupants of each room to ensure that their belongings are off the floor. This sign is not an indication that the room is dirty or has been singled out in any way. Regards Dev Penney - GM

• Australia, Female, 25-30
17th Apr 2017

Wake up was awesome! Right across the road from Sydney Central station but didn't have any trouble sleeping, plus a nightclub downstairs which was handy but also didn't keep me awake. Staff were lovely, beds were comfortable, bathrooms clean and bright. I'd definitely recommend staying here!