Wake Up! Sydney Central Reviews

509 Pitt Street, Opposite Central Railway, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

stayed for 3 nights 25till 28 feb ,10 person shared room , enjoyed it friendly staff , perfect location , lots to do , only down side was bitten few times in bed and room, paying for wifi is always a pain , and not enough plug sockets , i would recommend this hostel and i will be staying here again.......

Hi there, Thanks for giving us your feedback. Your review has been very helpful, we are looking at getting more power in the rooms as we speak :) See you next time Wake Up! Management

Great location for trains and china town, you can pretty much walk anywhere from here. I stayed here twice during my time in OZ due to location. They have lots of activities on to help you meet people but at the same time you can stay out of the crowed if you don't fancy partying. Great place to explore Sydney from. Great beds and clean rooms and facilities. Highly recommend it.

Hi, thanks for taking the time out to leave us a review! It's pleasing to hear you you joined in on the activities and met some fun people while you were here. Hope to see you again next time! Wake Up! Management

not a traditional hostel, not a hotel ....... a third way that may not match people's wishes. For certain things is futuristic, for others it misses semplicity. It seems a place for youngs who look for some night to spend in Sydney and make noise with fun, and not a place for travelers discovering the world. It depends on what one looks for: good for the first ones, not for the others.

Great place to stay. Excellent location and access to/from Central Station. If coming from Airport take the free shuttle!!! Only bad thing is that you have to pay for internet, that is odd. Lockers are handy after you have done your check out, paid $7aud for 7 hours locker. I would recommend this place.

Ehm, it's a great hostel, little pricey but that's Sydney I guess. Very friendly staff and they are very helpful. I can really recommend this hostel if you don't have a too tight budget.

Hi Mate, Thanks for your review! We shall see you again next time then :) Wake Up! Management

very busy hostel.

We had bunk beds with foam mattresses, lumpy pillows and tired sheets. when our suitcases were in the room we couldn't close the door the room was so very small. Sitting on the top bunk our outstretched hands could touch the walls at each end of the bed. No towels supplied, no soap or fridge or other amenities in the very tiny room. We guess we are passed wanting this type of accommodation, Up the road for $50 more two of us had a ensuite apartment with all mod cons. A no brainer really!

• 20th Feb 2014

I stayed at wake up 7 years ago and returned on this trip as I loved it so much the 1st time. Whilst I am a little older and the hostel naturally attracts a young crowd, this is still a great hostel and I would stay again

Free wifi should be included in the cost of room. There was no organisation to city or beach tours resulting in people being left behind

Hi Mate, Thanks for letting us know! Hope you enjoyed the walks :) Wake Up! Management

Wake Up! has a lot to offer for the budget traveller - firstly, the location is excellent, opposite Central Station and a 15 min walk to Darling Harbour. The rooms are small but have good light and comfortable beds. There are lockers available for everyone. The cafe and bar onsite with happy hour are great, and the food is good and pocket-friendly (for Sydney!). There are events every day and it's a social environment but the floors are pretty quiet after 11pm.

I would have thought that Free WIFI would have been available. It is in most other backpackers that I visit.

• 17th Feb 2014

The bathroom was very dirty and they didn't clean it for more than three days.They had a cleaning day for the rooms and everybody should put their stuff on the bed, the wanted to throw out everything else.A good idea, but at the end the cleaning staff put dirty shoes on my bed which didn't belong to me!!! That was disgusting!There are not enough dishes and pots in the very small kitchen.Staff at the reception is nice and friendly but when you complain about something they don't try to help!

• 16th Feb 2014

Great location. I did not like that we had to pay 5 dollars for a towel, everywhere else I stayed in Australia provided a towel.

First experience in a long while staying in a hostel in a long while and very impressed.

• 14th Feb 2014

Great stay, but when putting on speed dating event the staff involved were at best grumpy. 5 *'s

Located basically right in China Town. But very close to George street and even a short walk to Darling Harbour. The card access to the building and to the floor makes you feel safe. The beds were comfy but the bathrooms were not the cleanest. It's a big hostel with over 500 beds so there's lots of people coming and going. It was good to go out at the side bar because you didn't have to worry about going far during the night. I did the walking tour through Sydney and met lots of people.

• 13th Feb 2014

great hostel, as someone travelling alone it was really easy to meet people as the hostel has lots of things going on such as the city walk and it had a free cheese and wine night. The only thing is there aren't many plug sockets in the room and the lockers aren't big enough to fit a backpack in. It's a bit more expensive than other hostels but ideal if staying a few days

• 10th Feb 2014

The toilets/showers were poorly cleaned. It just looked like someone took a hose and just sprayed the floor with wet bits of toilet paper scattered around. The showers were never attended to with rubbish and wades of hair still present the next day and the toilets were poorly cleaned. The double room was clean on arrival. This place is definitely not a place for a quiet nights sleep as many chat on their phones or others in the corridors at all hours. Also, room doors cannot be shut quietly.

• 8th Feb 2014

HI There, Thanks for leaving us a review! I'm sorry the cleanliness was not up to standard during your stay with us. Cleanliness and hygiene are a top priority, I have followed up your feedback to ensure you will not have to experience this on your next visit. Wake Up! Management

A good hostel in Sydney downtown.

Hi There, Thanks for leaving us your thoughts. I Hope we see you again soon. Wake Up! Management

I enjoyed my stay here. It has a great location in the heart of the city. Bondai beach is just a 30 min trip away using public transport. Fun friendly atmospher. The bar down stairs is fun. Enjoyed trivia night. Only things I didn't like. Had to pay for wifi(typical in Australia) and there weren't enough outlets in the room for 4 people wanting to charge laptops and phones.