Wake Up! Sydney Central Reviews

509 Pitt Street, Opposite Central Railway, Sydney, Australia

As hostels go, this one is top of the heap. Good location, good facilities, and a few good opportunities to meet other travelers. Access is easy via the airport train, and the proximity to the major CBD tourist attractions was a huge plus. The decor and facilities are pretty modern and kept in good condition. They do charge for wifi, which I've found to be common for hostels in Australia. Get a prepaid SIM with data for your phone instead.

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to share your Wake Up! experience after your recent stay here with us. I know that all our team here will really appreciate your very positive comments. We look forward to welcoming you back here in the future. Cheers Dev Penney General Manager Wake Up! Sydney

Central location directly at the train station, lot's of activities possible and a nice welcoming brochure handed over during the check in, silent rooms, but the bathroom could have been a bit cleaner and there are not a lot of plugs in the rooms.

Hi there Thanks for leaving us a review! We truly appreciate all feedback from past guests! I'm glad you went along to our activities, it's definitely the best way to meet new friends. We pride ourselves on having quiet rooms yet a great party atmosphere, glad you noticed ;) My apologies you witnessed our bathrooms in a state other than perfect, That's not normal here and I'm sorry we had dropped the ball during your stay. I hope we can accommodate you again soon. Wake Up! Management

3 day stay in a 6bed room. Noisy, crowded, basic and congested rooms and very very basic bathrooms. only one wash-basin with hot water among 5, on the fifth floor.

Hi There, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. Its very disappointing to hear your impression of our accommodation. We are certainly a very large and busy hostel but in our experience it has been one of our best attributes. We often get extremely positive feedback on how easy it is to meet people here. I am surprised by your comments on our bathroom facilities, we haven't heard that before. However we still really appreciate your feedback. Wake Up!

great place in the city next to the main bus station. staff are nice and helpful and its a great place to meet people as a solo backpacker. a bit pricey compared to other hostels in the area but its clean and fairly modern. lots of facilities even have free tours of the city but would be nice to see australians run the tours and give more information on the areas.

Hi There, Thanks for leaving us a review after your stay here at Wake Up! It's nice to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and we appreciate your feedback on the walks. I'm glad you went along to our activities and thought you could do with some more information, i have taken that on board and will review the guides info for each walk :) Wake Up! Management

Such a great place to get to know people, to party, and to learn more about every day life in Sydney.

• 3rd Nov 2014

HI There, Thanks so much for leaving us a review, we love hearing from our guests after their stay! I'm so glad to hear you met a lot of people during your stay. Were a big Hostel so If your partying with us your destined to make a whole bunch of new friends! I hope we see you again soon. Wake Up! Management

Thank for all the kind staff. I enjoyed the sleep and the great atmosphere at Side Bar which is under Wake Up Sydney Central. I enjoyed my trip here a lot ! Cozy, safe , and great location near Central Station, George St. and China Town. I will book here again if I will visit Sydney next time. P.S. Thomas looks like a football player. He is a cute and nice !!!

Hi Mate, Thanks for taking the time to leave us your thoughts. Its really important for us to hear of your experience after your stay with us. I was especially pleased to read your comments because we truly do aim to provide just that! A comfortable quiet sleep with the opportunity to party your heart out!! We look forward to your next visit with us, and p.s Thomas LOVED reading that cheeky note ;) Wake Up! Management

Perfect!!!!!!

Hi Mate, Thanks for your review! So glad you enjoyed your stay! We will see you again soon i hope. Wake Up! Management

Fantastic staff, modern, funky, clean environment, not at all what I thought a hostel would be like!! Lots to do and great specials on each night. DeIicious coffee and a bonus the first one is free. I'll be back!

• 30th Oct 2014

I would definitely recommend this hostel to first-timers in Sydney. It is very clean, secure and safe. Location is excellent, being right across the road from Central Station and all the interstate buses. I'm a solo traveller doing a GAP year and found this to be an excellent place to make new friends and to get to know the city. The reception staff were excellent! Very helpful and would always welcome a chat. Overall a great atmosphere in this place. Thanks for the memories!

• 29th Oct 2014

Very good place. Me likey, And I got lucky too

Hi there, Thanks for leaving a review after your stay! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us, we feel "lucky" to have accommodated you ;) Wake Up! Management

Great place! Always something going on. Friendly staff and great place to meet people

• 28th Oct 2014

Hi Mate, Thanks for leaving a review after your visit to Wake Up! I'm so glad we provided an all round great stay for you. I hope we can do the same next time you stay here :) Wake Up! Management

I have stayed here before and decided to come back for another round! Great atmosphere yet again!!! Very much a party hostel. Stay on level 1 or 2 if thats what you're after. Lots of events going on. Staff were very friendly and approachable and went out of their way to answer my many questions! Rooms were quite clean too :)

Hi there, Thanks for leaving us a review after your stay. We really appreciate guest feedback as it helps us to continue to improve. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the atmosphere at Wake Up! we certainly try to provide a lively experience. Thanks for mentioning our front desk staff too, they love reading feedback like that! See you again soon Wake Up! Management

Good hostel to stay in, nicer than others I've been to. Clean fun environment. Bit funky layout on levels make it easy to get lost or turned around. Toilets never seemed to flush, always had to push the button multiple times to get them to work, led to people just leaving them sometimes, gross!

This is the place to be for excitement and meeting people. My only complaint isn't with the hostel but with my roommates. There was absolutely no consideration or respect for people sleeping. The bedrooms need to be a quiet place after 10PM. No parties, no hanging out, no slamming doors etc. This was a very young crowd that partied every night and didn't get back to the room until 4AM on Sunday. They crashed into the room and turned the lights on and started yelling and laughing. Not cool.

Clean rooms with lockers. Internet worked good from the rooms. Bathrooms and showers were good, quite low pressure in showers though... A little bit more expensive than other hostels in the surroundings, but you certainly get what you pay for.

Location next to the train station is good and the staff is friendly. The biggest problem however was the cleanliness, especially of the bathrooms. Hair and paper towels everywhere, full rubbush bins, rubbish on the floor etc and it looked always the same no matter at what time of the day I used the bathroom.

• 19th Oct 2014

I can't reccomend this hostel. It wasn't horrible though. The staff were not very friendly. Seemed like I was bothering them whenever I asked a question. The bathrooms were nice but were always filthy. As I solo traveler, there was lots of opportunity for activities to meet people, but there was such a weird atmosphere there. Felt too much like a hotel and was uncomfortable. I wouldn't stay there again.

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I was disappointed to see that our customer service was not up to par this time. We shall certainly be discussing your review at our our next reception staff meeting. Our bathrooms are, to be fair, normally in excellent condition but your review is noted. On the "hotel" side, we have an action packed Activity Schedule here at Wake Up & Side Bar all designed to bring everyone together. We really do our best in this regard. Regards D

We like the fact that the staff are friendly & helpful. Recommended for a stay nearby CBD area. Keep up the good work!

I stayed in private-double with my wife, the place was nice and clean, great location, great cafe downstairs. NEGATIVE: Cannot open room windows. No FREE internet. Paid for a towel but it wasn't clean, no refund was offered. No hairdryers. Also showers have a strange position, to get wet you pretty much have to stand with your nose on the tiles. Overall, I would stay here again for sure. 8/10 :)

Hi There, Thanks for leaving us a review after your stay! We love to hear from our guests and we really appreciate it :) I'm Glad we could accommodate you with nice, clean rooms and facilities, however its disappointing to hear your towel was not clean. that is not normal and we should of certainly offered a refund. I will follow up with reception on this issue. Next time your staying with us remember you can borrow hair dryers from reception too. Hope yo see you again soon!

Really clean, big dorms, right across from central station which is preferable for getting anywhere. Big clean bathrooms with many showers and toilets. Didn't really hangout in the kitchen or lounge areas but look good and can hold a lot of people. Only improvement would be free wifi but this is what u get in Australia.