Wake Up! Sydney Central Reviews

509 Pitt Street, Opposite Central Railway, Sydney, Australia

Absolutely loved my time at wake up hostel! Due to it being my first ever hostel in Australia, I'm really glad I picked to stay here! All the staff are so friendly and make you feel so welcome! Most of them are always up for a chat too, reccommeding good places to go and things to do! Special mention to Ryan and Dev, both brilliant staff and so friendly! Standard of hygiene and cleanliness is brilliant and always upkept! Great place to meet new people as there's always something on at side bar!!

• 25th Nov 2015

Amazing hostel and really well located. The front desk staff, Beatriz in particular, were really nice and helped plan out things to do in the city. The rooms were cleaned often and the kitchen was always impeccably clean. The promo team for Side Bar did an awesome job of making rounds in the hostel to make sure everyone was interacting in there events down stairs. It was a great place to stay and meet new people.

• 25th Nov 2015

It was an amazing experience staying at wake up hostel. My mate and I had a 5 night stay. There was something going on in the hostel every day. The amenities were cleaned often. What really made my stay was the people at reception. They were always willing to answer questions. One of the receptionist (Beatrice) really made our trip. Providing us with areas to visit that werent so touristy, exactly what we wanted. Overall our stay at wake up was amazing.

I cannot express enough how much I enjoyed my time here. Staff was open, welcoming and helpful, room was spacious, clean, had a great view of the central station and had security lockers, bathrooms were clean and in great condition, as was the kitchen area. GM was really friendly and was definitely on top of things as well. On top of all that, you get loads of fun activities (both day and night-time) so definitely suited for solo travellers like myself. Will be back!

Hi there, Awesome review mate! Will be posting this one to our staff Facebook page. Cheers Dev Penney - GM

nice stay at the wake up hostel! we were so lucky to stay in the 7th floor, it was like a penthouse. very clean, friendly staff who is at the reception all the time to help you with everything you need, free coffe voucher and special events everyday! :)

• 24th Nov 2015

Hi there, Really pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay here at Wake Up. The 7th floor is my favorite as well and definitely has that penthouse feel to it! Thanks also for mentioning the cleanliness. We go to great lengths to keep the place looking good and it is always pleasing when our efforts are mentioned online. Cheers Dev Penney - GM

Best hostel in Sydney!! I really enjoy staying here - currently on my third stay in 2 months, I just can't seem to stay away! The staff are super friendly and always asking how you are, if you're enjoying your stay and if there's anything they can improve on. The rooms get cleaned every day so the place is always tidy. Some people might think it's a bit pricey but it's honestly worth every penny and they always do great deals on food and drink down in the cafe and side bar.

• 23rd Nov 2015

This hostel was great, my friend and I stayed for 5 nights in November. Was always very clean and the atmosphere was splendid! Only complaint is that the free WiFi was only free for the first 24hrs.

Hi there, Thanks for reviewing your recent stay here at Wake Up. I am super pleased to see your mention of how clean our property is as well as mentioning the atmosphere. While the wifi is still a paid service, it is very cheap and is super strong! We have also made the reception internet pcs free to use so hopes this helps as well. Cheers Dev Penney - GM

I had a fantastic stay at wake up - would highly recommend it to anyone. Thank you wake up.

WakeUp is in a great location for exploring Sydney especially as it is just across from Central Station. The hostel offer events and activities to bring everyone together. I enjoyed doing the beach walk from Coogee to Bondi as I met some lovely people and the host Connor was friendly, funny and really pushed for an entertaining day for everyone to enjoy, plus he had some great tips on staying in Sydney. Overall the rest of the staff at WakeUp are helpful, even the GM was nice and said hello!

• 22nd Nov 2015

Was an excellent experience and felt more than a hostel. 5 stars rating. Highly recommended for everyone.

We were blown away by the service we received. We had difficulties with the shuttle service form the airport, which the staff on the front desk were very apologetic for.. They went out of their way to look after us and make up for the inconvenience this put us in. We had a great stay and will definitely be coming back when next in Sydney.

• 22nd Nov 2015
  • New Zealand

Hi there, Really pleased to hear that my staff were able to turn things around for you after a disastrous start by the Sydney Shuttle Co. After a number of similar issues in recent months we have now decided to change our airport transfer provider with the change scheduled next month. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. See you next time you are in Sydney. Cheers Dev Penney - GM

We booked a twin private. when I arrived only one bed was made so I had to make the other one myself. The shower leaked and flooded the bathroom floor making it dangerous since we weren't supplied with a bathmat until we asked for one and the floors were still fairly gritty and dirty. The cleaner also woke us up by talking to us and without an apology after I told her not to worry about cleaning our room since we weer still trying to sleep. I expected much more for the price.

• 21st Nov 2015

Hi there, My apologies on the poor performance we put in during your stay last weekend. I assure you that I will be speaking with my Housekeeping Team in detail so as to avoid this situation in the future. Should you be returning to Sydney please feel free to get in contact with me directly as I hope to make it up to you. Cheers Dev Penney - GM

The location is perfect. The rooms are very clean and so is the hostel .. Very good ambiance .. The tours organized by the hostel ( city and beach ) are amazing .. Thank you for that .. And the travel desk is just the best I could have expected to find .. Very professional and pleasant .. A special thanks to Marie who made my east cost trip to Australia just an amazing one 😘😘😄

My bag was unintentionally taken by another guest and was eventually to be found in another city. The staff, including the manager, provided an amazing service to solve this issue. By sending off a staff member by flight to the other city to exchange the bags, it could be solved to everyones satisfaction Awesome job here and exeptional service!

Hi there, It was certainly a mission but in the end we were just really pleased that we were able to get your bags back so you could both continue on your holidays. Cheers and thanks for your review! Dev Penney - GM

So many workers, people are unsociable making it hard for travelling people.

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to review your stay here at Wake Up. We have very few long term guests here at Wake Up with the overwhelming majority of guests being true backpackers who stay with us an average of three to fours days. We do have an active policy of room moving any guest who wants to so if you find yourself in this situation again please come and see us! Cheers Dev Penney - GM

Great hostel! We only spend one night here and the staff made us feel really welcomed, especially when we told them we were on our honeymoon they gave us free drinks, a free dinner and even a free cruise.

• 18th Nov 2015
  • ARUBINO
  • Chile

Hi there, We seldom get couples staying here on their honeymoons so we thought we would do our best to make your stay an awesome one! Really pleased to see you enjoyed all we had to offer. Cheers Dev Penney - GM

Wake up has good location however I found the building itself was outdated and noisy. Wake up is known for parting and meeting people but has awful comment areas, very small kitchen which is unequipped and a TV/sofa bit in the corner. Sidebar is cheaper then most places in Sydney but you can see why. A free coffee and 24h free wifi voucher thanks to hostelworld was great however I wouldnt recommend anyone to stay at wake up.

Hi there, We are actually quite proud of our heritage listed building and really believe our rooms and facilities to be world class. Every stay at Wake Up is an experience and we specialise in fun! Meeting people has never been easier and sitting on top of Side Bar, Sydney's best backpacker bar just adds to the excitement. Still we do understand that this is not for everyone. Cheers and thanks Dev Penney - GM

our first hostel in Sydney and it was fantastic. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. Rooms are more than big enough with plenty of storage. Bathrooms were well maintained and cleaned daily! Would definitely reccommend to friends and will stay here again.

• 17th Nov 2015

Hi there, Thanks for leaving us such a fantastic review! Really pleased you got to meet our friendly team and I look forward to your recommendations. Cheers Dev Penney - GM

Wake Up Sydney has everything you need, if you're on a work visa or traveling. The staff and the atmosphere is outstanding and has exceeded my expectations. If you're just starting out this is a great starting point. The staff have great tips on how to find work and living arrangements. Wake Up is also a great place to meet people. I met two of there staff members, James and Connor, while on there Bondi Beach Walk. They have both made me feel at home. This place is for people that are outgoing.

Awesome place to stay. Will go back for sure!

Hi there, Thanks for describing us as awesome! We look forward to your next stay at Wake Up. Cheers Dev Penney - GM