Walk On The Beach Hostel Reviews

Rua Dias da Rocha 85, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

nice bar, great barman, nice crowd, good beds. what more could you want

For as much as we paid we stayed in a tiny room with 3 bunk beds. The beds were extremely uncomfortable. We stayed right next to the bathrooms and had drunk people walking in and out of our room during the night. Was not an ideal place to stay. Would not recommend it to someone visiting rio.

• 10th Jul 2014

Staff were extremely helpful. I went during the World Cup - as a result, the prices were hiked up! It was also full of guys who had come for the games. On a regular day, I would expect the prices to be more reasonable. Also, the guests were relatively older. Again, due to the World Cup. The bar is nice. The location is good. It was also very safe.

A good hostel with a great bar man and great staff downstairs too. Enjoyed my time there and will be back there in the future. Bigger sheets would be my only recommendation as they barely cover the average person. Other than that, brilliant hostel

The location is great, only a few blocks from copacabana beach. The staff are great as well and can help you book tours and activities. The cleanliness wasn't the best but you really can't beat the location. Fun bar area to hang out in as well.

Amazing Hostel in Copacabana with amazing people. Stephany, Alessandra, Dominique and Filipe are awesome and I count them as friends now. We even went for the Booze Cruise together (where I lost my phone). The bar in the hostel is an amazing idea in terms of meeting new people and the Caipirinhas are killer. The room itself was really clean. I ideally would not want to be in a 12 bed dorm, but no big deal. I will definitely come back here the next time I am in Rio. Brilliant experience!!

The hostel is only a few blocks walk from the beach so the location was great, but not the most comfortable place. I had a hard time sleeping since the windows were always open and it was really loud outside. This was during world cup though, so maybe it's better during the rest of the year. Try and get there early so you don't get stuck with the very top bunk, they aren't fun to climb!

Love the staff, and the crowd that was there for World Cup :) great place for meeting people.

Walk on the Beach was the best hostel we stayed at during the World Cup. The front desk staff is very helpful and friendly, as well as the bar staff. All of them could speak Portuguese and English, and some spoke Spanish. They helped us get to any place we needed around all of Rio and showed us where to party as well. They even shared some of their favorite pizza with us! :) The bar is great, the wifi was fast (also desktops available), and the bathrooms were regularly cleaned. Check them out!

Just the furnitures are old fashioned

Great staff and were very helpful. Safe location. Even lent me a towel when i forgot mine. TV room a little bit small.

If you are looking for a party crowd it's a good place to stay. If not find something else.

Sorry you didn't enjoy the atmosphere. We strive at providing facilities that would serve different needs, but still this is a hostel and it's the World Cup - you might have ended up around a party crowd. Yet there are spots in the hostel where you can hide away from noise, like the chill out area, TV room, etc. We also believe that the scores for each category in reviews reflect a client's overall satisfaction, since it does not make sense to take points off "staff", "security" and "location".

Great location. Nice area to walk around. The beach is very close as well as a bunch of stores and places to eat. There are a bunch of great bars in Ipanema that are a quick/cheap taxi ride away. The hostel bar is nice and the staff is cool! Felipe can play some good jams on the guitar, and Charlotte and Alessandra will show you some great places to eat/drink/dance at!

Staff is the best !!! Stephanie n philipe are the best !!!

This was the best hostel that we stayed at in Brazil. The staff was amazing and were all very friendly and were happy to give suggestions for things to do around the city. The bar was great for meeting new people and was very resonably priced. My only complaint was the bed sheets were a little small but really that wasn't a major issue in the grand scheme of things. Would definitely stay here again!!

Firstly, this hostel has the best staff I have ever encountered. Knowledgeable, friendly and happy. Also the homemade cake for breakfast is a winner. The downside is the rooms are cramped, very cramped. Not many showers either so waiting to wash or toilet is common. It's a very social hostel so expect noise at any hour of the night. This hostel will suit some, but definitely not others!

Really enjoyed it, staff are crucial to this place and they're all very friendly and talkative, a very good hostel and great bar / meeting point upstairs. Definitely recommended

The staff here are amazing! Stefany and Philippe are the best! Everyone was amazingly helpful! Loved every minute of my stay.

Best hostel in the Copacabana and Ipanema area. The atmosphere is amazing, and the absolutely lovely staff highly contributed to that. The staff are always willing to help or sit down for a friendly chat, and gives you the best tips on what to do with your time in Rio! I could not have asked for a better stay!

• 21st May 2014
  • Norway

Lovely place defo recommend it to anyone i know not a bad word to say about it

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4