Walk On The Beach Hostel Reviews

Rua Dias da Rocha 85, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

A very good hostel to meet others travellers. The staff is very helpfull and so friendly. A great way to start your visit in rio is to stay in this hostel.

Staff were absolutely fantastic. great hostel with great atmosphere. Only thing rooms are too small for the number of people

• 28th Jan 2016
  • Israel

The only improvement I could think of is to somehow have more bathrooms not connected to showers. 5 showers seemed to work fine for all the guests, but there were times that of you went to use the bathroom right after someone had showered it would be insufferably hot and humid. I'm not sure this is something that could actually be changed considering it's a major structural renovation, but that is literally the only complaint we had at all! Otherwise, our stay there was PERFECT! Awesome staff!

• 27th Jan 2016

Close to Copacabana beach ~5-10min walk. Stayed in 9 bed dorm for 6 days - probably won't do that again though. The room was way too small for 3 triple bunks and the lockers way too small. It was impossible to navigate your packs in the room and to stow it away out of anyone's way for that matter. Bathroom was decent and provided a constant temp of 23(?) degsC which was great in the humidity. Small bar, not much of a common room so no place for Skyping family in private. Staff were brilliant tho

Fantastic hostel, super friendly & helpful staff, which make for a brilliant atmosphere. Wifi is quick in all areas, individual lockers in the rooms for safety, very clean, and the hostel is ideally located to the beach, shops, etc. Not a problem with this hostel. Would definitely recommend, the only regret I have is I didn't stay longer. If I came to Rio again I would stay here!

• 19th Jan 2016

Will b back soon x

Fantastic hostel, friendly staff who were extremely helpful when I lost my phone. The atmosphere was brilliant, with a great communal area where we met many fun people to go out and explore Rio with. The staff even went clubbing with us and saved me and my friends when we got a bit too drunk off the free caiparinhas. All in all a brilliant experience, and if I return to Rio I'll undoubtedly stay here. Would reccomend to all.

• 16th Jan 2016

Great, friendly and helpful staff

• 11th Jan 2016
  • Denmark

I really enjoyed my stay here. The location is near the beach, the staff is extremely nice and helpful, they have lockers to keep your valuables safe. Nice bar upstairs to socialize before enjoying the rio nightlife.. would definitely stay again. not one bad thing about the hostel.

AC not on when I came home at 1:30 am. Was not told about bar area/common room with AC. Staff were sharp and quick however.

Your actual problem is that you changed your mind about coming to Rio one day AFTER you were supposed to check in. Although you agreed to the non refundable policy, we still offered to transfer your reservation to another person, but since you couldn't find anyone in time, you only came on the very last day of your reservation. ACs are on from 10 PM to 10 AM and you were informed about all the facilities, terms and conditions at check in. Suggestion: steer clear of Rio in the summer.

AMAZING HOSTEL with the BEST STAFF EVER!!! I truly enjoyed my stay here and most definitely will return. All the staff is awesome and the bartender Tiago is AMAZING! Loved it!

Everything about this place is amazing but what truly makes it is the staff. I have returned to rio many times and this is the best hostel I have come across in rio. I will happily stay here again! Alex

• 25th Dec 2015

Super nice hostel with an excellent christmas dinner! the staff is really friendly and helpful (big compliment to the manager) !!

Excellent location few blocks from the beach in Copacabana, all the staff was really kind. Specially Dominique, Stefany and Louise, they set up a christmas dinner for us with delicious food and excellent environment. I would come back if I could.

I really enjoyed the stay at walk!! Great staff, great atmosphere and awesome people staying there!

• 21st Dec 2015

It was my 2nd time at this wonderful place, and thought i didn't think it could be better than before it was. Located just perfectly handy near Copacabana yet at a quiet and safe neighbourhood everything is really close by. The hostel is perfect to hang out (big living room,reception and bar area). The rooms (i was in a 3 bed dorm) have everything a traveller could ask for. Yet the best was the welcoming manner of the stuff!whatever you need, they findva solution to it and makeyou feel home!

• 18th Dec 2015
  • Switzerland

I really liked the staff here. They were really awesome , outgoing and welcoming. The manager Dom is great and helpful. Twice he suggested restaurants for me to eat at and they were fantastic. The beds are comfortable and the AC in the rooms is good.

All the staff were incredibly helpful! The many areas of the hostel where residents could sit together provided lots of opportunities to make new friends.

• 16th Dec 2015

Really enjoyed staying here. The staff were so friendly and the layout of the place forces people to get to know each other. The bar is cheap and the barman is so much fun and will even show you around the nights out in Rio. The downside is that the bunk beds are awful. Triple stacked beds and plastic coated thin mattresses. Worth going to for a weekend for party vibes.

It was good to spend time at Walk On The Beach Hostel, thanks,