Walk On The Beach Hostel Reviews

Rua Dias da Rocha 85, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Excellent hostel. Excellent staff. Had a great time here. Staff are knowledgeable about the area and the various activities. They provide excellent maps with points of interest clearly marked and have different parties every night. Wifi is good and they have two computers. Dominic, Louise and Stephanie are incredibly friendly and do their utmost to make you have a good time. Pedro the bartender serves caipirinhas of varying strength depending on your tastes. Would definitely stay here again!!

So good to stay there. Friendly people, an owner that actually comes in and meets his guests and just the best location and atmosphere. It's a great hostel and I'd stay there any time.

• 2nd Jul 2015
  • Denmark

Great hostel! Especially the staff! they are all very friendly and always ready to help! They all know Rio from end to end! The hostel is located near the metro, main bus stops and the beach, between the redeemer and sugarloaf. It's very clean for my patterns. housekeeping everyday. Great breakfast. Rooms were ok, comfortable beds, air conditioning. Po, é isso haha. Danilão, Luiza, Stefany e Dominique, vcs são foda! abração

Excellent helpful staff who made the trip a brilliant experience. Keep up the good work Dominick and the local ladies.

Staff very friendly and helpful. Was good to enjoy Cairpirinhas at the bar with other travellers and staff before heading to explore the nightlife! Rooms are a little cramped as not able to sit with triple bunk beds but facilities are otherwise good.

• 23rd Jun 2015

Very pleasant to stay here. Have stayed at 2 other hostels in Rio (one being Che Lagarto, which is clearly newer) but it's Walk on the Beach I'd return to. It's the staff who really go 2 extra miles to look after you. But a young man needs to get his facts corrected about the buses and where they shop. The 127 and 128 do NOT stop at BRS1! Anyway, the room was small, sure, but bed was comfy enough. Toilets/shower all fine, and YES hot water. The breakfast was good, considering the price paid.

Close to Copacabana and the staff is awesome and really helpful!!! The rooms for six people could be bigger but the bar area is great. Would stay here again.

All the staff were very friendly and helpful with great local knowledge. Excellent map of the immediate area provided with everything you need marked out. Very good wifi. Large lockers in rooms. Whilst I was there not such a social crowd but there is a bar so normally would be more social I expect. Only downsides was the beds were not that comfortable and lots of mozzies, would be good to put screens over the windows. Recommend staying here whilst in Rio if you want to be close to the beach.

The hostel's is what made my experience such a great one. Never have I met a great team with whom I could easily talk to about anything. They are just so friendly! Every night they also recommended great parties to go to. The hostel is just a couple of minutes away from the beach, which made it easy to watch the sunrise and/or sunset without having to return home so late. Looking forward to my next Rio trip, and I will definitely stay at this hostel again.

• 30th May 2015

This place is great!! Really chilled out with a grest little bar in the evenings for a casual beer or to have a few drinks before going out in Rio!! really close to the beach with plenty of places to eat along the way. Staff are the best thing about this place. Stephany and Louise are the girls who work behind the reception and they are amazing! Always on hand to help you whatever question you had. Even after I had left and got into some trouble elsewhere in Brazil, Stephany helped me out a lot!

• 23rd May 2015

The beds arent very comfortable and there are few bathrooms.

The staff is their greatest asset. The bar is great at night and the location is perfect for any backpacker that stays in Rio. Don't look any further for accommodation. You won't have a better time anywhere else.

• 22nd May 2015
  • South Africa

the 12 bed dorm had 3 story bunks so the room space was very very minimal hardly any room to move around but aside from that the staff were excellent and breakfast fab, very close to the beach and supermarkets too

Nice staff and a good hostel overall. Dont like when they ask if you are going to give them 100% though.

We ask all our guests if they are fully satisfied with our services - you might have misheard something. We do understand you were happy though, given you extended your original stay for 9 days.

Loved our stay here. The staff were really friendly and helpful about what to do in the city. Perfect location for the beach. The only thing that I would say could be improved were the beds, but it was the best hostel overall that we stayed in in South America !

• 18th May 2015

Lovely hostel. Great everything, especially the staff - very friendly, cheery and always helpful. I can't think of anything bad to say about this hostel. Danish owned - shoutout to Bo!!

• 17th May 2015
  • Denmark

Loved it! I felt like home >:o) Clean, secure and great staff!

• 9th May 2015

I stayed at this hostel for about a week and was lucky enough to have an entire room for myself. The staff are really cool (Louise, Dominique) and are always ready to help you out. The Caipirinha happy hour was really cool and it helped solo travelers to meet other people. Also, they have plans for every single night of the week (Boat Party recommended). All in all it was an amazing stay and would go back without a doubt to this hostel if I ever get the chance to go back to Rio.

When I was in Rio I stayed at lemon spirit and discovery, but this hostel was definitely my favourite. The others were good but the staff at Walk on the Beach were incredible- always welcoming, happy to help and friendly. The value for money is great- cheap rooms and yet you get a great free breakfast! The place has a homely feel and to have a nice breakfast area and bar is an awesome addition. I would definitely stay again!

• 4th May 2015
  • siboz

Great place, great people! My only regret is that I let the caipirinhas go to my head too many nights and could not spend more time talking with the awesome staff members of this hostel the mornings after :) Best of luck to you all! - H & J

• 28th Apr 2015