Walk On The Beach Hostel

Fabulous 1388 Total Reviews

• England, Female, 18-24
15th Apr 2017
6.6

I originally booked 4 nights here but decided to move to Ipanema after the first day. I booked a 3 bed room which was a but more expensive and hoping it would be more spacious but it was just a 3 storey bunk bed which 4 blank walls, felling more like a prison cell so I left. However, they guys on reception were great and helped me with booking some trips out and were super helpful with tips on Ipanema. Before booking this know that it is is a basic hostel with great staff and limited atmosphere.

• England, Male, 18-24
13th Apr 2017

Flew into Rio and this was the first place i arrived ahead of 4 months travels. Easy to get to fromthe airport (buses that stop on Rua Día Dec Rocha every 30 mins and cost only R$16. Arrived and the staff were really helpful making sure I made the most of my time in Rio, for example organising favela tours, a football game, transfer onwards to Ilha grande, etc. Life was made very easy in this was but you will pay more to have things organised for you (e.g. Favela tour R$100). Good atmosphere.

• China, Female, 31-40
12th Apr 2017
8.0

The stay in Walk on the beach is quite good. The 12 beds room is quite small and they put the beds in three layers, it will be not so comfortable that if you are a tall guy.

• Argentina, Male, 25-30
10th Apr 2017

Incredibly human staff. I got robbed on my first night in Rio and had no money or documents, all of the staff gave me a hand and helped me get on my feet.

8th Apr 2017

Cool hostel with backpackers from all around the world in a relaxed central neighborhood.

• England, Mixed Group, 18-24
  • Globetrotter
7th Apr 2017
7.7

The staff at this hostel absolutely make it. They are by far the best reception staff I've encountered the whole time I've been away. So incredibly helpful and sweet. They're only let down by the seriously minimalist facilities of this hostel. Triple bunk beds with pretty woeful sheets and only one bathroom upstairs for each gender.

31st Mar 2017

The hostel building itself doesn't stand out from others I've stayed at but the staff are so helpful and accommodating, they create a great atmosphere and will go to any lengths to help you, it's in a great location and the hostel bar is lively!

• Mexico, Female, 25-30
28th Mar 2017

Perfect location and very very friendly staff! The only thing I didn't like was a weird smell in my room, other than that I reccomend!

• England, Female, 25-30
28th Mar 2017

Without a doubt the best hostel in Rio! Really great and international crowd of people, a perfect location and the rooms/bathrooms were spotless. The best thing about this hostel was the staff (and the caipirinhas...) who made my stay so brilliant - big thank you to Dom, Arthur, Rodolpho and Eduardo. There's nowhere else in Rio I'd rather stay.

27th Mar 2017
7.4

Left before my reservation was up. Not the kind of fun atmosphere I was looking for in copacabana. Breakfast is 10 xtra R but it very good