Walk On The Beach Hostel Reviews

Rua Dias da Rocha 85, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Great location for Copacabana beach, helpful staff, good security for entering the hostel. Would definitely stay again.

I really enjoyed the atmosphere at walk on the beach. They knew exactly how to treat guests - always helpful and always smiling. When I'm coming back to rio I would definetly choose this hostel again.

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Norway

So friendly and helpful

This is an awesome hostel, it's a small cozy hostel, the kind where everyone knows everyone, staff is really nice and very social too! They have a cool bar, cheap drinks, very good caiperinhas! Bathrooms and rooms are good and very clean! I've stayed in a couple of hostels in Rio, but this was by far the best!

One of the best hostels I've been too! The facilities are good enough but what really makes this place is the staff who are more like friends than anything else. It's a good hostel aswell if you are travelling solo as it's so easy to meet people, I made lots of great friends there. Upstairs bar is cool and caipirinhas were awesome. Ask Felipe to play you a song on the guitar, he's very talented! Felipe, Stephanie, Alessandra, Dom etc.. Thanks for everything!

Muito perfeito! The staff, facilities, location... pretty much everything about this hostel was awesome. Even Chuck Norris would approve. Legendary!

Friendliest hostel staff ever! They are all very helpful! Furthermore, the hostel is cleaned everyday, and it is close to everything you need. I would definitely stay there again!

I had a really great time at Walk on the Beach. The atmosphere is really great and really familiar. They help you whenever they can (Thank you). I had the feeling that all of them especially Stef and Dominique (the strongest man in Rio ;) ) knew every single backpacker and his/her story. Felipe will be a famous singer once and until that he prepares the best Caipirinha (for sure). Apart from that I felt secure and it was really clean. I would love to stay longer than 5 days. Saudade gente!

• 29th Mar 2014

There were 3 male toilets / showers for the entire hostel, it was hardly enough and there were queues. Due to the high volume, the toilets and showers werent very clean. The hostel is in a great location but the facilities are lacking along with the bunk beds being 3 high.

We have an average of 4 guests per bathroom when we are running at capacity which has proved to be enough. There might have been a larger number of male guests at one point, which could have caused the cues to the bathroom. Such things are hard to predict/ avoid and we are sorry for that. Our full time cleaning staff keeps up with the cleaning of bathrooms and common areas at all times. Our three story bunk beds are very usual in Copa and are shown on our microsite. Thanks for leaving a review.

Excellent hostel with great staff! The Swiss guy was especially helpful in offering advice. Only 5 mins away from the beach. Safe area. Good breakfast and bar area. Would recommend!! Great travellers backpacking hostel.

The best hostel in Rio de Janeiro!! The hostel is in a very good location at Copacabana. All the staff speak English very well. The staff will halp you in any problem and they all are super nice!!!

• 21st Mar 2014
  • Israel

Superb hostel, very friendly and making and changing reservations really easy. Staff are really helpful and great at suggesting places to go and things to do, including loads of tours leaving from the hostel. Perfect location 5 mintues or less to Copacabana and 15/20 minutes to Ipanema. Decent breakfast and everyone so friendly and chatty, definite recommend!! Wonderous receptionists working all the time.

• 20th Mar 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Excellent hostel close to copacabana beach! Stayed here several times during a 3 months trip in south america. The staff is amazing and very helpful, its easy to meet people in the hangout areas ( bar, reception area and a little garden next to the entrance) the hostel have clean rooms, ac, hot showers and a bartender who makes the best caipirinha in Brasil and he also is a guitar virtuoso ! Obrigado Dominique, Luisa , Venăncio, Stefany and Michael. All the best from Norway ( Kenneth)

Very friendly hostel, with good athmosphere, well located with all facilities and good breakfast. But most of all AMAZING STAFF!! Everybody is really nice and very helpful, many thanks to all!

• 18th Mar 2014

A friend of mine recommend me this hostel and I am happy that I listened to him. The atmosphere in the hostel is great. It's easy to get in touch with other people. The hostel team is really friendly, helpful and and they provide you with a lot of tips where to go out and what to see in Rio. It's in a safe area.The beaches Copacabana and Ipanema are close. Restaurants,supermarkets and shops are around the corner. Several busses and the subway are easy to reach.

Loved this hostel so much that I had to come back! It has a great atmosphere and the staff make you feel like part of the family. I was traveling solo and found it so easy to meet people, especially at the hostel bar (where you can drink the best caipirinhas in Brazil). Also it's super close to ATMs, supermarkets, and of course a 5-minute walk to the beach. Make sure to do the boat party and go to the favela club!!

A great hostel and perfect for the hostel. If i'm ever in Rio again, I'll be sure to go back to Walk on the Beach. The staff was excellent, facilities were clean, location was fantastic, and the security was great. There's even air conditioning in the rooms at night, which ended up being a great and unexpected benefit when I stayed there. Overall, I had a great experience at the hostel and will definitely return when I'm in the city

• 12th Mar 2014

The rooms are tiny, we couldn't put our stuff anywhere, one of the lockers we were given had been smashed in which meant it was broken. The air con wasn't working only a huge flan. The triple bunks were old and hard to get up, the plastic mattress was disgusting and the sheet they gave us didn't fit the bed. The staff were ok, nothing special. Bathroom was tiny and filthy, there was brown substances on the floor. The hostel is for 18 year olds who want to party. We checked out after one night..

It feels strange to read your comments, it feels your are reviewing another hostel. We are sorry you had that impression, all we can say is that our cleaning staff works from 7 am to11 pm keeping all areas clean. The air con is on during the night, and the temperature is set according to what is requested by the gusts in the dorm. We believe your impression was based on isolated events since you stayed just a few hours at our hostel. We are sorry for your experience.

The beds are downright bad. The mattress is thin and worn, the pillows tiny, and you get one sheet that's too small to cover your whole body. Seriously, it's like 3 feet wide, so you have to pick a side to keep covered. The A/C is only used during bedtime hours. The location is very good and the internet is fast. Most of the staff are friendly and helpful, except for Luisa, who doesn't hide the fact that she believes she's much more important than you. One shower is cold and the other is luke.

• 27th Feb 2014

All our mattresses have recently been replaced and are brand new, we really do not understand your complaint. All our bedsheets are are STANDARD SIZE. Our rooms are air conditioned at night, It would be a waste of electricity and it prevents the ACs from freezing and stop working when they are really needed. Our employee has been properly informed of your comment, yet we do believe it is very bad manners to state your opinion like that. You might want to review your sense of politeness.

I was there for carnival 2014 and then place was great. My only complaint was that breakfast was from 9-11. Not good if you want to get an early start to the morning.

« first « Prev 1 2 3