Walk On The Beach Hostel Reviews

Rua Dias da Rocha 85, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The staff is very friendly and knowledgable. The rooms were a bit crowded, but everything was very clean. Great location, only few blocks from the beach. I stayed two nights and had a great time here!

• 31st Mar 2015

Great hostel. The three tiered beds are a little strange and if you suffer from vertigo, stay away from the top but if you plan on staying in your room too much, wrong hostel for you! Great vibe, great staff who are super friendly and ready to party with the guests and awesome bar! Only three blocks from the beach too! If you wat a good time, definitely recommended!!

Great location...close to supermarket, bars, restaurants, transportation, beach, etc. Very helpful & friendly staff!!! The breakfast is okay, could have more variety & maybe be available a little earlier. But overall, a great hostel!

This was probably the most fun hostel in Rio. It was a few steps away from the beach, right between Ipanema and Copacabana. The atmosphere is always relaxed and fun, both the travelers and the staff chill in the common areas, everyone goes out for drinks and clubs together, and the bar serves the strongest caipirinhas around.

• 17th Mar 2015
  • Kazakhstan

A great place ! The location is awesome , close to the beach and to anything you will need ! The staff is amazing , helps you with anything and so nice and welcoming !!! I will defently come back here if I would visit Rio again !!! The place is extremely clean , and the kitchen have anything you will need !! I really recommend it !!

Everything was fine inclduing location, atmosphere, etc but please add more bathrooms. Abysmally low number of bathrooms. And the internet malfunctioned quite a few times.

I thought the location was going to be better..it was located several blocks from the beach and not the nicest neighborhood. If you want to go out at night there is not too much to do around there, I would recommend staying more in the city center, Lapa to be exact.

The main problem for us was that rooms are very small. There was almost no space for bags. There are very tall three bed bunkers some of which touch the caged fans. Don't go if you are afraid of heights! Also there are very few bathrooms. The staff is helpful and willing to solve some problems, but when asked how to go to the airport at 7 am they assured taxi was the only choice which was far from truth. They have an unexpensive bar, but breakfast was not satifcatory. We expected more..

Just a great experience to be in the walk to the beach hostel, the staff Louise, Charlote and Giovana were so nice and helpful.

Everything was okay, specially the staff , Loiuse, Charlote and Giovana were so nice and helpful, thanks a lot.

Quite expensive for a very basic hostel and it could have been cleaner. Not enough bathrooms. Overall it has what you need and the location is good in copacabana but I wouldn't be rushing back. Not that much of a party atmosphere either, at least not when we were there. The staff were nice and helpful and there's a decent free breakfast

Not too much to say, just it was one of the hostel I made. Super cool people there, plugs for each bed in the room, Wi-Fi everywhere, 3 minutes away from the beach, cheap bar to have some drinks before to go to party. Like I said, super cool hostel !

• 26th Feb 2015

Tha staff was amazing! Nice breakfast and really nice atmosphere . Always felt completely safe and although the rooms are very small- I had a lovely time.

A++++ Loved everybody there!!!

A great stay as always. I can't stop coming back!

I booked this hostel, but when I tried to check in, they sent me to another hostel they own called "Chill on The Beach". It would have been nice to be notified ahead of time, or say on the site that if you book this one you might be sent to Chill On The Beach Instead. Chill on the beach had no air conditioning in the rooms when I was there, and a leak in the ceiling. Staff and location were awesome.

One of the better hostels in Copacabana. Simple but cosy. Not too crowded and just enough people to get to know a nice group of people. The staff is always willing to help you and like to have a chat. Nearby the subway, which is very useful in this big city.

Couple of experiences marred our stay here. First night the roof leaked which soaked a lot of stuff in the room. Fifth night a guy got very drunk and peed and vomited in the room. Another incident happened on our last night and both times resulted in the guys being evicted from the room. We have to give the staff credit for dealing with it so well, and were generally great overall- especially Dom! The bar was cosy and really cheap, especially during happy hour! Breakfast was so so.

Only complaint, is the roof leaked when it was pouring rain. We had to use buckets to catch it and quickly move our backpacks around. The room is somewhat small for a nine person dorm. The lockers could be updated (they're dented and well worn) but worked none the less. The reception staff was amazing! English speaking and very helpful guiding us around Rio and setting up tours! Building is very secure, guest get ID cards. Felt safe our entire stay!

A hostel in a great location in Copacabana, though not a great atmosphere. There were a couple of very large groups staying there so it was harder to meet people. The bar is also very slow when ordering drinks, which makes it more annoying you cannot bring alcohol in.

« first « Prev 1 2 3