Walk On The Beach Hostel Reviews

Rua Dias da Rocha 85, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Awesome location if you wanna hang out at the beach as its a 5min walk away. Couldn't be more grateful for the help I revived at this hostel, coming down with food poisoning the morning I was meant to check out I wasn't once rushed to check out and then Dominic sat at the hospital with me for hours translating Portuguese to the doctors which made my flight home bareable. The staff as a whole are very helpful and easy to get along with, I'll definitely be recommending this hostel to anyone.

Best experience overall in Rio. Would definitely recommend and come back. The staff went 110% beyond call of duty. Helping me arrange a drop off at my new hostel at 5am after a party tour, to calling airlines to arrange re-routing of flights, I couldn't ask for more. Washrooms and dorm rooms were clean. My friend and I booked a 3 bed dorm, which I felt was too basement-like and the staff moved me to the 6 bed dorm upstairs. Happy hour is fun and social, must try maracuja caipi!!

Definitely the best hostel in Rio! Great location and atmosphere, very close to the beach. The staffs are the sweetest! Very helpful and kind. I made really good friends and will always come back! ❤️😊

The atmosphere was really awesome at Walk on the Beach, and the staff were all absolutely amazing! They were so helpful and friendly all the time with directions and different events that were happening. The bar is also super fun! It was a very clean hostel and overall a great experience :)

• 30th Nov 2015

I stayed at Walk On The Beach for the Whole of my time in Rio and there is very good reason for this. The hostel has such an amazing atmosphere which is obviously created from the staff who are sincerely friendly and helpful in their approach and manner towards their guests. There is absolutely no doubt that the next time I visit Rio I will be staying here again, I had such an incredible time here and it would be the sum of earthly bliss to return. You guys are resplendent! Thomas B Evans x

• 27th Nov 2015

Perfect location. The staff are very super nice and friendly. I was there for the hostel 10 yrs anniversary and they were giving out caipirinhas and jello shots out to guests. The hostel is very clean. Pedro-the bar tender is awesome!

I've stayed at 4 and this really is the best hostel in Rio. It comes from the staff, they are amazingly friendly and helpful. The atmosphere is perfect making this the ideal hostel for the solo travel.

This is an amazing hostel, such lovely staff who are always up for a chat and great with recommendations. Really good atmosphere, so easy to meet people in the bar during happy hour or at one of the recommended events. One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at!!

Great hostel! Stayed here twice during my time in Brazil and both times were excellent. Perfect for solo travelers as well as groups. Staff are helpful and welcoming and have created a very friendly atmosphere. 100% recommend!

• 25th Nov 2015

No doubt one of the best hostels in Rio for international backpackers. The staff especially is what I liked about this place, they were so helpful with directions, suggestions, and online or over-the-phone bookings. Don't miss 2-for-1 Caipi hour every day at the bar!

• 23rd Nov 2015

This is the place to stay in Río! Not only for the location (2 blocks from the beach in central Copacabana), security and clean facilities, the atmosphere of this hostel is amazing. The staff were absolutely lovely, more than helpful and I wish I could have stayed longer! great place to meet people!

From marriage proposals, printing out hundreds of documents at reception, drinking potent caipirinhas at the friendly bar upstairs, to seemingly attending every random party night in Rio, I had the best possible time at Walk on the Beach Hostel in Rio!!!! The staff made me feel at home! There are multiple areas to hang out, the place is kept clean and the beats at the bar are phat, with plenty of cool people to meet along with all the relaxed staff members. Could not recommend more! Cheers guys

• 22nd Nov 2015
  • New Zealand

Very close to Copacabana and really good restaurants, staff very helpful on what bus or metro to take to get to places and there always seems to be something going on every night.

every so often you find a gem of a hostel, and this is one of them. The facilities are good, location excellent but what makes this place is the atmosphere. The best staff and amazing social areas which make it easy to meet other travellers. Thank you for you're hospitality Louise, Pedro, Dominic, Steffanie and Alcira...I will be back!!!

Rooms with beds are too small, if everybody has their luggage outside, nobody can't walk. Lockers are too small for luggage. Rooms feel like prison cells. It's no good vibe in the hostel. Maybe because bedrooms, kitchen and common area are to far away from eachother.

I will come back 😉

Very pleased I chose to stay here. The good reviews are all true. Very clean, convenient location. Standard breakfast, can get wifi all around the hostel. Extremely friendly and helpful staff.

Walk On the Beach made my experience in Brazil so wonderful. I met some great friends here; the atmosphere is so warm and fun. The staff is very helpful and so incredibly kind and friendly. They will quite literally help you with anything you need and they make sure to treat you like family. The location is also great; very central in Copacabana and just a short walk to the beach. Facilities are great as well and breakfast is included. I had an unforgettable experience and will be back soon :)

Probably my favorite hostel in all of South America. I came to Rio expecting to stay 4 days and ended up staying 2 weeks, because the staff here is so incredible. Tati, Louise, Stef, Pedro, and Dominique are all absolute gems and will help make your time in Rio fantastic. The atmosphere is lovely and it is so easy to meet people, and the location is wonderful-- a 5 minute walk to the beach and just around the corner from bus stops. Stay at Walk on the Beach

Staff made a world of difference. Very helpful and sociable.

• 5th Nov 2015