Walk On The Beach Hostel Reviews

Rua Dias da Rocha 85, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

It was my 2nd time at this wonderful place, and thought i didn't think it could be better than before it was. Located just perfectly handy near Copacabana yet at a quiet and safe neighbourhood everything is really close by. The hostel is perfect to hang out (big living room,reception and bar area). The rooms (i was in a 3 bed dorm) have everything a traveller could ask for. Yet the best was the welcoming manner of the stuff!whatever you need, they findva solution to it and makeyou feel home!

• 18th Dec 2015
  • Switzerland

I really liked the staff here. They were really awesome , outgoing and welcoming. The manager Dom is great and helpful. Twice he suggested restaurants for me to eat at and they were fantastic. The beds are comfortable and the AC in the rooms is good.

All the staff were incredibly helpful! The many areas of the hostel where residents could sit together provided lots of opportunities to make new friends.

• 16th Dec 2015

Lo mejor de este hostal es lejos el personal!! Son todos demasiado amables y motivados, te ayudaran en todo lo que necesites. A mi amigo se le quedaron unas zapatillas y ellos las guardaron hasta que volvimos a Rio. Muy buena relación precio calidad, o recomiendo mucho! Saludos a todos los chicos del hostal de parte de los chilenos :)

Really enjoyed staying here. The staff were so friendly and the layout of the place forces people to get to know each other. The bar is cheap and the barman is so much fun and will even show you around the nights out in Rio. The downside is that the bunk beds are awful. Triple stacked beds and plastic coated thin mattresses. Worth going to for a weekend for party vibes.

It was good to spend time at Walk On The Beach Hostel, thanks,

• 9th Dec 2015
  • Turkey

Awesome location if you wanna hang out at the beach as its a 5min walk away. Couldn't be more grateful for the help I revived at this hostel, coming down with food poisoning the morning I was meant to check out I wasn't once rushed to check out and then Dominic sat at the hospital with me for hours translating Portuguese to the doctors which made my flight home bareable. The staff as a whole are very helpful and easy to get along with, I'll definitely be recommending this hostel to anyone.

Best experience overall in Rio. Would definitely recommend and come back. The staff went 110% beyond call of duty. Helping me arrange a drop off at my new hostel at 5am after a party tour, to calling airlines to arrange re-routing of flights, I couldn't ask for more. Washrooms and dorm rooms were clean. My friend and I booked a 3 bed dorm, which I felt was too basement-like and the staff moved me to the 6 bed dorm upstairs. Happy hour is fun and social, must try maracuja caipi!!

Walk on the beach : une auberge au top ! Tout le personnel est adorable, serviable, se préoccupe de vous et de votre séjour, et s'assure quotidiennement que tout se passe bien. Une supère ambiance règne dans l'auberge, et on apprécie de se retrouver dans le bar pour boire une délicieuse caipirinha et échanger avec tous les occupants de l'auberge. Certes, ce n'est pas le grand luxe, mais on y trouve bien plus, impossible de ne pas y faire de belles rencontres. On y a passé un merveilleux séjour !

• 3rd Dec 2015

Sehr schönes Hostel mit sehr netten Mitarbeitern. Die Lage ist 1a, ich war rund um zufrieden und werde dieses Hostel wieder buchen.

• 3rd Dec 2015

Definitely the best hostel in Rio! Great location and atmosphere, very close to the beach. The staffs are the sweetest! Very helpful and kind. I made really good friends and will always come back! ❤️😊

The atmosphere was really awesome at Walk on the Beach, and the staff were all absolutely amazing! They were so helpful and friendly all the time with directions and different events that were happening. The bar is also super fun! It was a very clean hostel and overall a great experience :)

• 30th Nov 2015

Muy buen ambiente, personal preocupado y amable ! Atmosfera buena onda

I stayed at Walk On The Beach for the Whole of my time in Rio and there is very good reason for this. The hostel has such an amazing atmosphere which is obviously created from the staff who are sincerely friendly and helpful in their approach and manner towards their guests. There is absolutely no doubt that the next time I visit Rio I will be staying here again, I had such an incredible time here and it would be the sum of earthly bliss to return. You guys are resplendent! Thomas B Evans x

• 27th Nov 2015

Perfect location. The staff are very super nice and friendly. I was there for the hostel 10 yrs anniversary and they were giving out caipirinhas and jello shots out to guests. The hostel is very clean. Pedro-the bar tender is awesome!

I've stayed at 4 and this really is the best hostel in Rio. It comes from the staff, they are amazingly friendly and helpful. The atmosphere is perfect making this the ideal hostel for the solo travel.

This is an amazing hostel, such lovely staff who are always up for a chat and great with recommendations. Really good atmosphere, so easy to meet people in the bar during happy hour or at one of the recommended events. One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at!!

Great hostel! Stayed here twice during my time in Brazil and both times were excellent. Perfect for solo travelers as well as groups. Staff are helpful and welcoming and have created a very friendly atmosphere. 100% recommend!

• 25th Nov 2015

No doubt one of the best hostels in Rio for international backpackers. The staff especially is what I liked about this place, they were so helpful with directions, suggestions, and online or over-the-phone bookings. Don't miss 2-for-1 Caipi hour every day at the bar!

• 23rd Nov 2015

This is the place to stay in Río! Not only for the location (2 blocks from the beach in central Copacabana), security and clean facilities, the atmosphere of this hostel is amazing. The staff were absolutely lovely, more than helpful and I wish I could have stayed longer! great place to meet people!

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels