Walk On The Beach Hostel Reviews

Rua Dias da Rocha 85, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The hostel's is what made my experience such a great one. Never have I met a great team with whom I could easily talk to about anything. They are just so friendly! Every night they also recommended great parties to go to. The hostel is just a couple of minutes away from the beach, which made it easy to watch the sunrise and/or sunset without having to return home so late. Looking forward to my next Rio trip, and I will definitely stay at this hostel again.

• 30th May 2015

This place is great!! Really chilled out with a grest little bar in the evenings for a casual beer or to have a few drinks before going out in Rio!! really close to the beach with plenty of places to eat along the way. Staff are the best thing about this place. Stephany and Louise are the girls who work behind the reception and they are amazing! Always on hand to help you whatever question you had. Even after I had left and got into some trouble elsewhere in Brazil, Stephany helped me out a lot!

• 23rd May 2015

The beds arent very comfortable and there are few bathrooms.

The staff is their greatest asset. The bar is great at night and the location is perfect for any backpacker that stays in Rio. Don't look any further for accommodation. You won't have a better time anywhere else.

• 22nd May 2015
  • South Africa

the 12 bed dorm had 3 story bunks so the room space was very very minimal hardly any room to move around but aside from that the staff were excellent and breakfast fab, very close to the beach and supermarkets too

Nice staff and a good hostel overall. Dont like when they ask if you are going to give them 100% though.

We ask all our guests if they are fully satisfied with our services - you might have misheard something. We do understand you were happy though, given you extended your original stay for 9 days.

Loved our stay here. The staff were really friendly and helpful about what to do in the city. Perfect location for the beach. The only thing that I would say could be improved were the beds, but it was the best hostel overall that we stayed in in South America !

• 18th May 2015

Lovely hostel. Great everything, especially the staff - very friendly, cheery and always helpful. I can't think of anything bad to say about this hostel. Danish owned - shoutout to Bo!!

• 17th May 2015
  • Denmark

This hostel was so much fun! Everyone acted like a little family drinking together, eating together and being hungover together. Very much a party hostel but you could still sleep at night if you wanted to. The beds weren't great but for the location, atmosphere and breakfast it didn't matter. Breakfast was great. Also the staff were amazing, Danilo, Louise and stefany were always helpful and always a good laugh. I can't wait to go back to rio and stay there again!

Loved it! I felt like home >:o) Clean, secure and great staff!

• 9th May 2015

I stayed at this hostel for about a week and was lucky enough to have an entire room for myself. The staff are really cool (Louise, Dominique) and are always ready to help you out. The Caipirinha happy hour was really cool and it helped solo travelers to meet other people. Also, they have plans for every single night of the week (Boat Party recommended). All in all it was an amazing stay and would go back without a doubt to this hostel if I ever get the chance to go back to Rio.

Best hostel ever. Staff very helpful and soo friendly. Thanks for the amazing time!!!!

• 7th May 2015

When I was in Rio I stayed at lemon spirit and discovery, but this hostel was definitely my favourite. The others were good but the staff at Walk on the Beach were incredible- always welcoming, happy to help and friendly. The value for money is great- cheap rooms and yet you get a great free breakfast! The place has a homely feel and to have a nice breakfast area and bar is an awesome addition. I would definitely stay again!

Great place, great people! My only regret is that I let the caipirinhas go to my head too many nights and could not spend more time talking with the awesome staff members of this hostel the mornings after :) Best of luck to you all! - H & J

• 28th Apr 2015
  • Finland

Very good hostel on a quiet safe corner in Rio, couple blocks away from the beach, has everything a traveler needs. Friendly staff and a-ma-zing breakfast!

Great atmosphere and very helpful and friendly staff.

Staff was amazing! Loved the whole vibe. It is conveniently located close to every thing and beach.

• 20th Apr 2015
  • India

deveria ter opção de pegar um pack tipo café da manha mais cedo uma vez que os tours saem sempre muito mais cedo que as nove. nos dias em que lá estive não tive a possibilidade de tomar um único café da manha

Adorei hospedar no hostel, estar de parabéns funcionários e o ambiente, bem agradável mesmo estão todos de parabens.

• 17th Apr 2015