Walk On The Beach Hostel Reviews

Rua Dias da Rocha 85, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Love this place - I was very, very sad to leave. Atmosphere is great, all the staff are really friendly, location is perfect, and they offer a number of different tours, which are all really good. Beds are not te most comfortable but won't hinder a night's sleep - and are aimed at the elimination of bed bugs, which is never a bad thing! Good facilities and wifi (though a couple more bathrooms would be good, maybe?)... Overall a brilliant stay, in my favourite city of South America so far!

Everything about Walk on the Beach hostel was great. I originally booked my stay here for one week with intentions of going to another hostel but decided to stay for 3 weeks instead. I feel like this place is my second home. The staff was great. They are experts with what to see and do and are all so willing to help you. Stefanie was especially awesome because she is so nice and funny!! The bartender Filipe is a really cool and fun guy too. I also loved the cleaning ladies Dora and Marlene!!!

• 14th May 2014

This is a really good hostel. The staff is very friendly and they all speak English. The breakfast is very good as well, not just bread with jam but also ham, cheese, fruit and some sweets. It has a great location, so close to te beach of copacabana and in a really safe area. Highly recommended!!

• 14th May 2014

Awesome staff, cool place. Rooms were pretty cramped with 3 high bunks and very limited space. Guess it helps to drag down the costs at such a wicked location though right?

Really really good stay! Fun staff and fun place to be. Recommend

Luved this hostel! Super awesome friendly and helpful staff! Awesome tours booked through them! Very clean and super comfy! Awesome breakfast and great computer and internet access! Location is awesome as we'll!

Best hostel on planet earth. The hosts make my little heart pump like that of a alpha lion. This place made my trip to RIO.

• 1st May 2014

The staff at Walk On The Beach were friendly and fantastically accommodating. They contributed to our enjoyable time in Rio through great suggestions for places to eat, tours to take and parties to attend. Staff were always up for a chat which gives the hostel a very friendly and open atmosphere. Would recommend this place to other travellers for sure!

They don't have lockers for your baggage, just small ones. I got stolen, and the staff at the moment didn't care at all.

• 26th Apr 2014
  • Chile

very good hostel and great staff....... be careful if walking back to hostel at night

Great location for Copacabana beach, helpful staff, good security for entering the hostel. Would definitely stay again.

Perfect start to our travels. Arrived in Rio and couldn't have asked for a better hostel. Located near all the norms: transport, supermarkets, food and less than 5mins walk to the beach. Ideal! Fellow guests were easy going and when night falls the hostel is a natural environment to mingle, especially in the bar upstairs. Easy. Oh...the staff are so happy and always smiling and a special mention to the cleaning staff! Miss you guys! Hope to finish our travels the same way we started. Rhys

I really enjoyed the atmosphere at walk on the beach. They knew exactly how to treat guests - always helpful and always smiling. When I'm coming back to rio I would definetly choose this hostel again.

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Norway

So friendly and helpful

Loved every minute here. Stayed here with my girlfriend in April. It was our last stop after three months in South America and this was our favorite hostel. Great atmosphere and seems to attract a sound bunch of people. The staff, especially Alessandra, were incredibly friendly and good fun. The location is also great, few minute walk from the beach. Could not recommend this hostel enough and will be returning ASAP.

This is an awesome hostel, it's a small cozy hostel, the kind where everyone knows everyone, staff is really nice and very social too! They have a cool bar, cheap drinks, very good caiperinhas! Bathrooms and rooms are good and very clean! I've stayed in a couple of hostels in Rio, but this was by far the best!

One of the best hostels I've been too! The facilities are good enough but what really makes this place is the staff who are more like friends than anything else. It's a good hostel aswell if you are travelling solo as it's so easy to meet people, I made lots of great friends there. Upstairs bar is cool and caipirinhas were awesome. Ask Felipe to play you a song on the guitar, he's very talented! Felipe, Stephanie, Alessandra, Dom etc.. Thanks for everything!

Muito perfeito! The staff, facilities, location... pretty much everything about this hostel was awesome. Even Chuck Norris would approve. Legendary!

Friendliest hostel staff ever! They are all very helpful! Furthermore, the hostel is cleaned everyday, and it is close to everything you need. I would definitely stay there again!

I had a really great time at Walk on the Beach. The atmosphere is really great and really familiar. They help you whenever they can (Thank you). I had the feeling that all of them especially Stef and Dominique (the strongest man in Rio ;) ) knew every single backpacker and his/her story. Felipe will be a famous singer once and until that he prepares the best Caipirinha (for sure). Apart from that I felt secure and it was really clean. I would love to stay longer than 5 days. Saudade gente!

• 29th Mar 2014