Walk On The Beach Hostel Reviews

Rua Dias da Rocha 85, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Couple of experiences marred our stay here. First night the roof leaked which soaked a lot of stuff in the room. Fifth night a guy got very drunk and peed and vomited in the room. Another incident happened on our last night and both times resulted in the guys being evicted from the room. We have to give the staff credit for dealing with it so well, and were generally great overall- especially Dom! The bar was cosy and really cheap, especially during happy hour! Breakfast was so so.

Only complaint, is the roof leaked when it was pouring rain. We had to use buckets to catch it and quickly move our backpacks around. The room is somewhat small for a nine person dorm. The lockers could be updated (they're dented and well worn) but worked none the less. The reception staff was amazing! English speaking and very helpful guiding us around Rio and setting up tours! Building is very secure, guest get ID cards. Felt safe our entire stay!

A hostel in a great location in Copacabana, though not a great atmosphere. There were a couple of very large groups staying there so it was harder to meet people. The bar is also very slow when ordering drinks, which makes it more annoying you cannot bring alcohol in.

Certainly a very well run hostel. Using a portuguese expression, it's a "máquina bem oleada".

L'equipe est super, elle fera tout pour vous aider ! l'atmosphere est vraiment bonne , les gens que j'ai pu rencontrer étaient vraiment cools! et Pedro fait les meilleurs caipirinhas du monde haha ! je recommande vraiment !

• 24th Jan 2015

Everything at Walk on the Beach is excellent but what really sets it apart is the staff. They are so friendly and helpful and really care about making your stay in Rio an awesome one. I stay at Walk whenever I'm in Rio and would recommend it to anyone!

My stay at the hostel was a very positive experience. The staff were very positive, friendly and helpful, and they promoted a very positive environment. While in Brazil, my debit card was compromised, and the manager Dominic and his staff (especially Giovanna) were very helpful and supportive as I made my necessary calls to the bank to resolve the issue. Moreover, the Caipirinha Happy Hours were very enjoyable and I met a lot of great people at the hostel as well. I highly recommend this hostel.

• 18th Jan 2015

Amazing hostel in the heart of Copacabana, with , I am not exaggerating, the BEST staff, and the CLEANEST bathrooms and an amazing bar!! I would recommend it to everybody :)

• 18th Jan 2015

the hostel is in the best location in Rio for travelers. Great atmosphere with very very nice and helping staff. the rooms are a little small but once you get used to it, its not an issue.

Ótimo Hostel! Ambiente e Staff excelente... Muito gente boa o pessoal que trabalha por lá.. Tem um Bar que serve caipirinha com dose-dupla das 20 às 21hs..! Vale conferir! Café da manhã bem acima da média da oferecida pelos outros hosteis.

One of the best hostels i´ve stayed at by far. The staff are excellent and can help organise any activity you would like to do. Great location- just up the road from the beach and surrounded by shops and ATMś. There is a decent breakfast and bar. I travelled alone and met some really great people at this hostel that i will be friends a long time with. I would definitely stay here again :)

One of my 2 favourite hostels of my trip, favourite in Rio (I stayed in 2 more). The staff is incredibly nice :) Will miss you guys! Wifi is great, breakfast has everything you would want (bread, fuits, cake, juices,..). To the beach of copacaba its just a 5min walk. Buses stop at the corner, metro 5 blocks away, restaurants and snackbars all over the place. If you want to go out you would always find people to join you and the staff gives good recommendations as well. Definately recommend it!

My booking was transferred to Walk on the Beach's extension property, Chill on the Beach, so my review is about that. The location was amazing, super convenient for New Year's. I stayed in the dorm, which had lockers big enough to fit my giant backpack (you provide your own lock). The beds were unreasonably noisy, but not too uncomfortable. Common areas are very small, which makes it hard to hang at the hostel.

Great location, good staff, good people to meet and socialize with. Breakfast is lame and bar is minuscule, but the happy hour 2 for 1 is good for an apertif buzz.

Most important, the staff is very friendly and always willing to help. I had a good service for a good price. Maybe the lockers can be larger so at least 1 small backpack would fit in them. Thanks

I traveled through South America for three months, staying almost exclusively in hostels. This was definitely the best hostel I stayed at in the trip and it made Rio de Janeiro a highlight for me. The hostel premises itself are good and clean. the air conditioning in the rooms and public areas was a great advantage because Rio is HOT HOT HOT in the summer. Basic, fun bar. The real highlight is the people - the very friendly staff, whose enthusiasm spills over into the guests = amazing atmosphere

One of the best hostels in South America!!! Hands down!!! The staff is very friendly and helpful! They have very good breakfast! The bar upstairs have happy hour for 2 for 1 caprinia (may have not spelled this right) I met women of my dreams here! I also made really good friends with fellow travelers!! The atmosphere is very friendly and welcoming. I made friends from all over the world... In fact I'm visiting them currently as we speak! The night watchman is bit strict but rest is cool!

The air conditioning was at 19 degrees and that is not acceptable.

• 21st Dec 2014

It is a great hostel,it is cleaned everyday,it is so close to the beach,the staff is very friendly and i suggest next time they can have some cold water for us and it would be great if we could use the air conditioning too...

Besides temporarily not having computers available and the price being sky high due to christmas-new years-summer vacation, incredible stay with the sweetest and most helpful of staff! Thank you Matheus, Charlotte, Pedro and all the rest for a fantastic time!

• 18th Dec 2014