Walk On The Beach Hostel Reviews

Rua Dias da Rocha 85, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Loved the place since my arrival, mainly cause I got in love with the receptionist, but the atmosphere there was awesome. I had many opportunity to enjoy the city thanks to the suggestions given by the staff. And brakfast is terrific!

• 28th Sep 2013

The best thing about walk on the beach is the people! Awesome staff and a meeting place for cool people, hanging out in the bar is comfy and natural. Good breakfast, awesome location. Rooms are a big basic (triple bunks, super thin mattresses) and the lockers are ancient, but still a good pick!

Great hostel in copacabana! Definite plus about this place are the people there, voth the travellers and th staff are amongst the nicest, friendliest and helpful people I have met on my very extensive travels. No lockers for your bags is the only fault I could possible find, but everyone staying becomes your friend and this is not a trouble. I had read many reviews and a few complaints on beds which baffles me... They have no problems! Oh, and wifi connection is excellent ;) Recommend!!

I can see why the reviews below are so good and indeed the service, location and safety of the hotel are all spot on. The staff go out of their way to make you feel welcome, its a short walk from the beach, bus stops and metro, and they have a great security system to make you feel safe. So for a base in Rio it is great, especially if you are starting your travels as we were. For £10-15 a night we were definitely satisfied.

Amazing hostel. So close to the beach and shops in a really safe and nice neighbourhood. The staff are all so welcoming, friendly and helpful. The bar is great for trying different drinks for really cheap and meeting other people. Would certainly recommend this hostel!

Wifi is great. Bed not so much. Good hostel.

One of my favourite hostels anywhere! I left for a different area of the city and found myself back within a few days. The staff are incredible. All of them are so friendly and easy to get along with that I really felt at home there

Bed Lamps, lockers w/outlets, and/or electrical outlets in the rooms would add to an already great place

Sorry guys I didn't say good bye properly thanks for everything and will be back soon :-)

The hostel has one major setback - their smoking policy! They allow people to smoke in the kitchen and eating area. I talked to one of the owners about it, and his reaction was that "yeah, legally it's not allowed, but hey, we're aren't to strict about it". In the reception and tv-area they fortunately don't allow people to smoke, but with the ventilation from the courtyard and the hall (where they are allowed to smoke), you'll also have the smell here. The dormitories are safe heaven, though.

Copacabana is for retired people, stay in lapa instead. Dont go with the arranged tour to Ilha Grande, more expensive and its not that time efficient! The one bad thing with "Walk on the beach" is the uncomfortable beds. Bo, fix this!

This hostel is very welcoming and all the staff were amazing and helpful! As a lone female traveller I felt very safe and relaxed at this hostel. The area is great location right near the beach and good restaurant and also a bus stop ride awake from Sugarloaf and the Christ! I would defiantly stay at this hostel again and fully recommend it !

• 1st Sep 2013

Great hostel with awesome staff that really make you feel at home. The bar is a great place to meet other travelers, and the location is great right in the middle of Copacabana. I would definitely stay there again!

The location is excellent with a short walk to Copacabana and buses to other parts of the city. Staff are amazing, really friendly and helpful but we found out events through word of mouth rather than advertised in the hostel. Rio is a party city and lots of the people in the hostel go out partying together so if this is your thing it's a great place to stay.

This place is great. Staff Luisa is great at telling u about nightlife and daytime excursions. Place is really clean and perfect safe location 3 blocks to beautiful Copacabana beach. Good food everywhere nearby. I highly recommend it!

Perfect place for single travelers to have a perfect start in rio! amzing staff which is so friendly and helpful. they can give you any information about touristic stuff in rio and around and offer activities everyday. its clean and safe here. booking receommendation! Jonas, 26, Germany

I really enjoyed my stay at this establishment, particularly for the friendly atmosphere fostered by the staff here. As a solo traveller, I felt very welcomed by this hostel, thanks also to the numerous activities the hostel provides - tours, football excursions, etc. The bar is also a nice place to hang out and establish friendships. My only qualm with this place is that the rooms are very cramped once all the beds are occupied and all the luggage is brought into the room.

Super friendly staff who continued to go the extra yard. Very personable

Staff were super friendly and would always be down to hang in rhe foyer or bar. Bar atmosphere is good with only 5reais beers or 7reais capirinhas. Staff will even teach you how to make your own caips (and im officially a pro now) definitely worth a stay

• 11th Aug 2013

Staff were fantastic! Really helpful in all aspects of visit including onward travel!

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels