Walk On The Beach Hostel Reviews

Rua Dias da Rocha 85, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

beds were uncomfortable and the ac just cooled down the room to zero. ask for some extra blankets. there weren't many showers for all the people, so u always had to wait. they have a own bar, it's cheaper than in a bar in the city but it's kinda overpriced for a hostel. the have plenty of tours and they are good, but also kinda overpriced. stuff was very friendly and very helpfull. all in all, u meet a plenty of people there for making party, so it's definitely a party hostel ;)

Here´s our review of you: unfriendly, unkind, did not socialize with other guests or staff members, extremely noisy and impolite. Had guests moving to different dorms just to stay away from you. A cocktail at our bar costs 2 Euros!!! Tours range from "free tours" to 40 Euros. We have a bar if you want to party and plenty of chill-out rooms if you want to relax. Not the right hostel for you and definitely not the right guests for us!

Staff were great, extremely genuine and helpful. The social areas were spaced out a little which helped people not be on top of each other. The room we stayed in wasn't a squished rectangle, thought the bunk beds did give a prison vibe (but like a long term/homey prison, and this was only in the rooms). The bathrooms were clean (!!!) and I saw people cleaning them daily! I would recommend this hostel to any friend looking for a place in Copacabana :)

We couldn't have asked for a better hostel to start our South America trip! The location, overall cleanliness, breakfast and communal facilities are excellent - but what truly makes this hostel better than any other I've stayed in is the staff. They were always going out of their way to help us and created a fantastic, friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We spent many a good night in the upstairs bar, met a great bunch of people and even extended our stay. I will most definitely be back!!

• 8th Sep 2015

The staff have been outstanding! I extended my stay because it's been so enjoyable here. The hostel is right near the beach, buses, good buffet restaurants and supermarkets which makes it very convenient. The breakfast is good and we've been recommended some really good things to do and places to eat by staff. The bar shuts at midnight so if you need to recover from the night before you can and if not, the parties just get started then so you won't miss out on the fun! Will definitely come back!

We were traveling for a month and the staff here was the most helpful we had. They answered every question we had in depth and gave great recommendations. Would definitely recommend for anyone looking to have a good time in Copacabana.

Staff are brilliant here, really friendly and helpful. Beds were uncomfortable, and rooms were really basic. But there was always a good vibe in the hostel.

The staff here is awesome as is the location in Copacabana and the people that stay here. I had a tremendous experience here, and I definitely recommend the hostel. It is fairly clean and has a really good breakfast. The staff though really makes the experience.

Good location, awesome staff, cool vibe. Definitely would/hopefully will stay here again

What a hostel! The staff truly make the place. They have incredible knowledge of Rio and the rest of Brazil and are the most helpful and friendly people I've come across during my travels. The hostel is in a perfect location, barely 5 minutes walk to Copacabana Beach and all shops and amenities are similarly a stone's throw away. Each bunk has its own power outlet and light, showers are hot and breakfast is simple but functional. Highly recommend this hostel. I know I'll be back!

Very good location, close to the beach and from the main avenue what facility to get public transportation and to go around. Staff very friendly and helpfull.They have 2 bathroons up sters and three down sters, they have good showers and the ones down sters are larger and bether to use. The bathroom clenliness, althought is a little average because the clean just happen at late morning so when you wake up it still dirty. The breakfast could be improved too, some thing in the 3 days that I stayed

Excellent hostel. Excellent staff. Had a great time here. Staff are knowledgeable about the area and the various activities. They provide excellent maps with points of interest clearly marked and have different parties every night. Wifi is good and they have two computers. Dominic, Louise and Stephanie are incredibly friendly and do their utmost to make you have a good time. Pedro the bartender serves caipirinhas of varying strength depending on your tastes. Would definitely stay here again!!

So good to stay there. Friendly people, an owner that actually comes in and meets his guests and just the best location and atmosphere. It's a great hostel and I'd stay there any time.

• 2nd Jul 2015
  • Denmark

Great hostel! Especially the staff! they are all very friendly and always ready to help! They all know Rio from end to end! The hostel is located near the metro, main bus stops and the beach, between the redeemer and sugarloaf. It's very clean for my patterns. housekeeping everyday. Great breakfast. Rooms were ok, comfortable beds, air conditioning. Po, é isso haha. Danilão, Luiza, Stefany e Dominique, vcs são foda! abração

We had a great stay at Walk on the Beach hostel. The location is excellent, only a few minutes walk to Copacabana Beach. The staff were always super friendly and helpful at offering advice on where to go/ directions to get places. The breakfasts were also good and the bar had a good atmosphere in the evenings.

Excellent helpful staff who made the trip a brilliant experience. Keep up the good work Dominick and the local ladies.

Staff very friendly and helpful. Was good to enjoy Cairpirinhas at the bar with other travellers and staff before heading to explore the nightlife! Rooms are a little cramped as not able to sit with triple bunk beds but facilities are otherwise good.

• 23rd Jun 2015

Very pleasant to stay here. Have stayed at 2 other hostels in Rio (one being Che Lagarto, which is clearly newer) but it's Walk on the Beach I'd return to. It's the staff who really go 2 extra miles to look after you. But a young man needs to get his facts corrected about the buses and where they shop. The 127 and 128 do NOT stop at BRS1! Anyway, the room was small, sure, but bed was comfy enough. Toilets/shower all fine, and YES hot water. The breakfast was good, considering the price paid.

Close to Copacabana and the staff is awesome and really helpful!!! The rooms for six people could be bigger but the bar area is great. Would stay here again.

All the staff were very friendly and helpful with great local knowledge. Excellent map of the immediate area provided with everything you need marked out. Very good wifi. Large lockers in rooms. Whilst I was there not such a social crowd but there is a bar so normally would be more social I expect. Only downsides was the beds were not that comfortable and lots of mozzies, would be good to put screens over the windows. Recommend staying here whilst in Rio if you want to be close to the beach.

The hostel's is what made my experience such a great one. Never have I met a great team with whom I could easily talk to about anything. They are just so friendly! Every night they also recommended great parties to go to. The hostel is just a couple of minutes away from the beach, which made it easy to watch the sunrise and/or sunset without having to return home so late. Looking forward to my next Rio trip, and I will definitely stay at this hostel again.

• 30th May 2015