Walk On The Beach Hostel Reviews

Rua Dias da Rocha 85, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The beds are downright bad. The mattress is thin and worn, the pillows tiny, and you get one sheet that's too small to cover your whole body. Seriously, it's like 3 feet wide, so you have to pick a side to keep covered. The A/C is only used during bedtime hours. The location is very good and the internet is fast. Most of the staff are friendly and helpful, except for Luisa, who doesn't hide the fact that she believes she's much more important than you. One shower is cold and the other is luke.

• 27th Feb 2014

All our mattresses have recently been replaced and are brand new, we really do not understand your complaint. All our bedsheets are are STANDARD SIZE. Our rooms are air conditioned at night, It would be a waste of electricity and it prevents the ACs from freezing and stop working when they are really needed. Our employee has been properly informed of your comment, yet we do believe it is very bad manners to state your opinion like that. You might want to review your sense of politeness.

I was there for carnival 2014 and then place was great. My only complaint was that breakfast was from 9-11. Not good if you want to get an early start to the morning.

Best hostel in Rio. My trip in Rio was amazing also thanks to this hostel and its staff. Great staff, great atmosphere/Place and great caipirinhas!!!! A special thanks to Stephany, Luisa and Felipe for their efficacity but above all their kindness and the amazing time passed with them....If I come back (soon I hope), I come back here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!l

• 22nd Feb 2014

Very knowledgeable and friendly staff. The hostel is close to the beach and many restaurants. The rooms are pretty crowded. Breakfast is ok. They have watermelon everyday! They offer activities for every night, however they are extremely touristy bars/clubs with little opportunities to explore the real Rio night life.

Great hostel and the staff is so sick!! Ste, Lu, Filipe, Michael, and the rest of the guys are amazing, always keen to help and party with you, giving to the hostel an amazing atmosphere, and making you feel part of the brazilian family! If I could, I'd stay more time in this place and easily turn into a outside living resident! Beyond that, they have the best Caipirinhas in Rio! Thank you so much, and we'll highly recommend this place!!

I've stayed here four times now! I love it! The staff are amazingly helpful and friendly! It's a great vibe when meeting other people who are staying there and there's always a party to go to somewhere! I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone who wants to come to Rio and stay in a great location for a really good price. LOVE YOU GUYS! Always a pleasure staying here!!!!

• 12th Feb 2014

Great location 5 minutes from Copacabana, and easy access to the Centre by bus or cheap cab. Great facilities, with spacious enough dorm rooms. The staff were international, and remarkably friendly, showing us where to have a fun time in Rio. This place had an atmosphere that was unlike any hostel we have stayed at so far. It was the highest rated hostel in RIo for a budget, and in our opinion it was that exactly. Thanks to Lu and Steph x

• 11th Feb 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Walk on the beach hostel staff were really kind and friendly. And I recommend this hostel. But there are no soap or shampoo. If they put those things in bathroom it will be awesome. Thank you for your kindness walk on the beach staffs :D

• 11th Feb 2014
  • South Korea

Thank you so much for your review. We provide hand soap, paper towels and toilet paper. Other essentials, like shampoo and other toiletries, are personal and are not provided. We're happy you were so pleased with our service. It was a pleasure to have you here!

Nice and friendly hostel with good location. I was staying in the 12-bed dorm which was absolutely cramped. The room was tiny and there was no space for your luggage at all. Bathrooms were good, usually clean and enough of them so you didn´t have to wait for them.

Security is good but the 3 floor bed is too hard, Desayuno is good

the hostel is in great location has his own bar and has great people.`was fun to stay there during our stay in rio de janerio

• 3rd Feb 2014
  • Israel

Excellent location, 5 minutes from the beach, area is safe, good times!!

Great hostel! 5 min away from the beach..good breakfast and all. We may see you again! only con was the A/C way too cold.

Cramped, felt like I was in a rabbit hutch. Walk On By!

loved to stay here, very clean, spacious and comfortable! Staff is very nice as well and ready to help...

• 27th Jan 2014
  • Chile

Location was good and staff were nice, however lacked atmosphere. The dorms and bathrooms were basic and run down; the bed linen was a little shabby. Not sure if I would stay here again.

Thanks for your a review. We are sorry this was your impression, however it seems to be an isolated opinion compared to those of our usual clients. We understand that atmosphere is associated both with the place and the people staying there at the time. We do our best to offer good service in a good environment, but we cannot control who will be around at all times. We aim at offering great service at budget prices and in a very clean hostel. We'll look into the linen. Thanks

Great hostel with a great vibe! The staff are awesome and really try to make sure you enjoy your stay. The only bad point is the 3 deck bunk beds! A bit dangerous if your on the top level. I defiantly recommend this hostel and I will return!

Amazing stay with the friendliest staff. Steph & Luisa always had a smile on their faces, were quick on their feet & helpful with navigating the city. Great location, access to the beaches, buses to Corcovado, Lapa and Sugar Loaf were 2 blocks away. Hostel was clean, pleasant, had a decent breakfast & good kitchen. Plenty of showers and bathrooms, it was an excellent value for my money. I would stay again with a heartbeat! Obrigada Luisa & Stephanie!

The best hostel in Rio. The staff is very nice and friendly, always talking with people about things to do, shorcuts and places to go. The place is very nice and full of cool people.

I guess it is a good hostel with a very nice atmosphere and people. The location is very good and you spend less than 5 minutes to arrive on the beach. I liked it!

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels