Walk On The Beach Hostel Reviews

Rua Dias da Rocha 85, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

There were 3 male toilets / showers for the entire hostel, it was hardly enough and there were queues. Due to the high volume, the toilets and showers werent very clean. The hostel is in a great location but the facilities are lacking along with the bunk beds being 3 high.

We have an average of 4 guests per bathroom when we are running at capacity which has proved to be enough. There might have been a larger number of male guests at one point, which could have caused the cues to the bathroom. Such things are hard to predict/ avoid and we are sorry for that. Our full time cleaning staff keeps up with the cleaning of bathrooms and common areas at all times. Our three story bunk beds are very usual in Copa and are shown on our microsite. Thanks for leaving a review.

Aside from being clean, serving great breakfast, having an awesome bar , what's truly unique about this hostel is the most friendly coolest staff I have ever met in a hostel - who creates a homelike feeling. Stefanie at the reception , Felipe at the Bar, and most of all Dominique the manager will make you feel at home ! They know the city like only true Cariocas know & they will connect you with all that's cool and beautiful. Really good place to meet other travelers if you travel Solo !

Excellent hostel with great staff! The Swiss guy was especially helpful in offering advice. Only 5 mins away from the beach. Safe area. Good breakfast and bar area. Would recommend!! Great travellers backpacking hostel.

The best hostel in Rio de Janeiro!! The hostel is in a very good location at Copacabana. All the staff speak English very well. The staff will halp you in any problem and they all are super nice!!!

• 21st Mar 2014
  • Israel

Superb hostel, very friendly and making and changing reservations really easy. Staff are really helpful and great at suggesting places to go and things to do, including loads of tours leaving from the hostel. Perfect location 5 mintues or less to Copacabana and 15/20 minutes to Ipanema. Decent breakfast and everyone so friendly and chatty, definite recommend!! Wonderous receptionists working all the time.

• 20th Mar 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Excellent hostel close to copacabana beach! Stayed here several times during a 3 months trip in south america. The staff is amazing and very helpful, its easy to meet people in the hangout areas ( bar, reception area and a little garden next to the entrance) the hostel have clean rooms, ac, hot showers and a bartender who makes the best caipirinha in Brasil and he also is a guitar virtuoso ! Obrigado Dominique, Luisa , Venăncio, Stefany and Michael. All the best from Norway ( Kenneth)

Very friendly hostel, with good athmosphere, well located with all facilities and good breakfast. But most of all AMAZING STAFF!! Everybody is really nice and very helpful, many thanks to all!

• 18th Mar 2014

A friend of mine recommend me this hostel and I am happy that I listened to him. The atmosphere in the hostel is great. It's easy to get in touch with other people. The hostel team is really friendly, helpful and and they provide you with a lot of tips where to go out and what to see in Rio. It's in a safe area.The beaches Copacabana and Ipanema are close. Restaurants,supermarkets and shops are around the corner. Several busses and the subway are easy to reach.

Loved this hostel so much that I had to come back! It has a great atmosphere and the staff make you feel like part of the family. I was traveling solo and found it so easy to meet people, especially at the hostel bar (where you can drink the best caipirinhas in Brazil). Also it's super close to ATMs, supermarkets, and of course a 5-minute walk to the beach. Make sure to do the boat party and go to the favela club!!

A great hostel and perfect for the hostel. If i'm ever in Rio again, I'll be sure to go back to Walk on the Beach. The staff was excellent, facilities were clean, location was fantastic, and the security was great. There's even air conditioning in the rooms at night, which ended up being a great and unexpected benefit when I stayed there. Overall, I had a great experience at the hostel and will definitely return when I'm in the city

The rooms are tiny, we couldn't put our stuff anywhere, one of the lockers we were given had been smashed in which meant it was broken. The air con wasn't working only a huge flan. The triple bunks were old and hard to get up, the plastic mattress was disgusting and the sheet they gave us didn't fit the bed. The staff were ok, nothing special. Bathroom was tiny and filthy, there was brown substances on the floor. The hostel is for 18 year olds who want to party. We checked out after one night..

It feels strange to read your comments, it feels your are reviewing another hostel. We are sorry you had that impression, all we can say is that our cleaning staff works from 7 am to11 pm keeping all areas clean. The air con is on during the night, and the temperature is set according to what is requested by the gusts in the dorm. We believe your impression was based on isolated events since you stayed just a few hours at our hostel. We are sorry for your experience.

The beds are downright bad. The mattress is thin and worn, the pillows tiny, and you get one sheet that's too small to cover your whole body. Seriously, it's like 3 feet wide, so you have to pick a side to keep covered. The A/C is only used during bedtime hours. The location is very good and the internet is fast. Most of the staff are friendly and helpful, except for Luisa, who doesn't hide the fact that she believes she's much more important than you. One shower is cold and the other is luke.

• 27th Feb 2014

All our mattresses have recently been replaced and are brand new, we really do not understand your complaint. All our bedsheets are are STANDARD SIZE. Our rooms are air conditioned at night, It would be a waste of electricity and it prevents the ACs from freezing and stop working when they are really needed. Our employee has been properly informed of your comment, yet we do believe it is very bad manners to state your opinion like that. You might want to review your sense of politeness.

I was there for carnival 2014 and then place was great. My only complaint was that breakfast was from 9-11. Not good if you want to get an early start to the morning.

Best hostel in Rio. My trip in Rio was amazing also thanks to this hostel and its staff. Great staff, great atmosphere/Place and great caipirinhas!!!! A special thanks to Stephany, Luisa and Felipe for their efficacity but above all their kindness and the amazing time passed with them....If I come back (soon I hope), I come back here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!l

• 22nd Feb 2014

Very knowledgeable and friendly staff. The hostel is close to the beach and many restaurants. The rooms are pretty crowded. Breakfast is ok. They have watermelon everyday! They offer activities for every night, however they are extremely touristy bars/clubs with little opportunities to explore the real Rio night life.

Great hostel and the staff is so sick!! Ste, Lu, Filipe, Michael, and the rest of the guys are amazing, always keen to help and party with you, giving to the hostel an amazing atmosphere, and making you feel part of the brazilian family! If I could, I'd stay more time in this place and easily turn into a outside living resident! Beyond that, they have the best Caipirinhas in Rio! Thank you so much, and we'll highly recommend this place!!

I've stayed here four times now! I love it! The staff are amazingly helpful and friendly! It's a great vibe when meeting other people who are staying there and there's always a party to go to somewhere! I would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone who wants to come to Rio and stay in a great location for a really good price. LOVE YOU GUYS! Always a pleasure staying here!!!!

• 12th Feb 2014

Great location 5 minutes from Copacabana, and easy access to the Centre by bus or cheap cab. Great facilities, with spacious enough dorm rooms. The staff were international, and remarkably friendly, showing us where to have a fun time in Rio. This place had an atmosphere that was unlike any hostel we have stayed at so far. It was the highest rated hostel in RIo for a budget, and in our opinion it was that exactly. Thanks to Lu and Steph x

• 11th Feb 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Walk on the beach hostel staff were really kind and friendly. And I recommend this hostel. But there are no soap or shampoo. If they put those things in bathroom it will be awesome. Thank you for your kindness walk on the beach staffs :D

• 11th Feb 2014
  • South Korea

Thank you so much for your review. We provide hand soap, paper towels and toilet paper. Other essentials, like shampoo and other toiletries, are personal and are not provided. We're happy you were so pleased with our service. It was a pleasure to have you here!

Nice and friendly hostel with good location. I was staying in the 12-bed dorm which was absolutely cramped. The room was tiny and there was no space for your luggage at all. Bathrooms were good, usually clean and enough of them so you didn´t have to wait for them.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels