Walk On The Beach Hostel Reviews

Rua Dias da Rocha 85, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The best hostel in Rio de Janeiro!! The hostel is in a very good location at Copacabana. All the staff speak English very well. The staff will halp you in any problem and they all are super nice!!!

• 21st Mar 2014
  • Israel

Superb hostel, very friendly and making and changing reservations really easy. Staff are really helpful and great at suggesting places to go and things to do, including loads of tours leaving from the hostel. Perfect location 5 mintues or less to Copacabana and 15/20 minutes to Ipanema. Decent breakfast and everyone so friendly and chatty, definite recommend!! Wonderous receptionists working all the time.

• 20th Mar 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Excellent hostel close to copacabana beach! Stayed here several times during a 3 months trip in south america. The staff is amazing and very helpful, its easy to meet people in the hangout areas ( bar, reception area and a little garden next to the entrance) the hostel have clean rooms, ac, hot showers and a bartender who makes the best caipirinha in Brasil and he also is a guitar virtuoso ! Obrigado Dominique, Luisa , Venăncio, Stefany and Michael. All the best from Norway ( Kenneth)

Very friendly hostel, with good athmosphere, well located with all facilities and good breakfast. But most of all AMAZING STAFF!! Everybody is really nice and very helpful, many thanks to all!

• 18th Mar 2014

Ir ao Rio foi uma das melhores viagens que já fiz e isso foi, em grande parte, graças ao Walk On The Beach. Fiz ótimos amigos nesse hostel e passei dias lindos! Obrigada ao staff por toda amizade e ajuda! :D

As a normal tourist checked in and checked out as a family member. The best hostel I've ever been. Many thanks to all the staff special thanks to Luisa and Stefany;). I will come back again :)

• 17th Mar 2014

A friend of mine recommend me this hostel and I am happy that I listened to him. The atmosphere in the hostel is great. It's easy to get in touch with other people. The hostel team is really friendly, helpful and and they provide you with a lot of tips where to go out and what to see in Rio. It's in a safe area.The beaches Copacabana and Ipanema are close. Restaurants,supermarkets and shops are around the corner. Several busses and the subway are easy to reach.

Loved this hostel so much that I had to come back! It has a great atmosphere and the staff make you feel like part of the family. I was traveling solo and found it so easy to meet people, especially at the hostel bar (where you can drink the best caipirinhas in Brazil). Also it's super close to ATMs, supermarkets, and of course a 5-minute walk to the beach. Make sure to do the boat party and go to the favela club!!

A great hostel and perfect for the hostel. If i'm ever in Rio again, I'll be sure to go back to Walk on the Beach. The staff was excellent, facilities were clean, location was fantastic, and the security was great. There's even air conditioning in the rooms at night, which ended up being a great and unexpected benefit when I stayed there. Overall, I had a great experience at the hostel and will definitely return when I'm in the city

The rooms are tiny, we couldn't put our stuff anywhere, one of the lockers we were given had been smashed in which meant it was broken. The air con wasn't working only a huge flan. The triple bunks were old and hard to get up, the plastic mattress was disgusting and the sheet they gave us didn't fit the bed. The staff were ok, nothing special. Bathroom was tiny and filthy, there was brown substances on the floor. The hostel is for 18 year olds who want to party. We checked out after one night..

It feels strange to read your comments, it feels your are reviewing another hostel. We are sorry you had that impression, all we can say is that our cleaning staff works from 7 am to11 pm keeping all areas clean. The air con is on during the night, and the temperature is set according to what is requested by the gusts in the dorm. We believe your impression was based on isolated events since you stayed just a few hours at our hostel. We are sorry for your experience.

1 2 3 4 Next » last »