Walk On The Beach Hostel Reviews

Rua Dias da Rocha 85, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Among the 20+ hostels in three continents I've been to, Walk on the Beach Hostel is definitely one of the best. The staff is excellent and the location is perfect (close to the beach and a metro station).

Excellent hostel. Good size with sociable guests and very helpful staff.

• 18th Nov 2013

Great Hostel in good location. Lu,Felipe and Dominquie the receptionists are very helpful and friendly.Thanks for everything.You can book tours at the reception but the metro and bus stations are also close by. Breakfast is good and they got free wifi and 2 computers with internet. I can recommend this hostel to everyone.

• 10th Nov 2013
  • Djibouti

I really liked this hostel. The staff were all really nice and friendly. They were absolutely helpful when you had questions, but also they were giving advices. We have been here for a few nights. After that we were traveling further. When we came back we decided to stay in another part of Rio de Janeiro. However if you want to be around the Copacabana, this is definitely a good place to stay!

the stuff was extremely nice and helpful!!! it was really great to stay there. the location is good, about 10 mins to the beach. we felt very safe. i can only say thank you for 5 very nice days!!!!

Very helpful and friendly staff and nice open-minded people! Enjoyed my stay a lot! :)

Everything was excellent except the bed that feels like rock !

This place is awesome. I will recommend people stay here. Awesome staff, and the best caipirinhas I've had so far :) nice and tidy, clean and safe. We will be back. X

The hostel is right on the Copacabana beach within a walking distance to Ipanema. The staff were fantastic - super helpful. I would happily stay there again.

I really enjoyed my stay at Walk on the Beach. The best was the staff and the atmosphere - the guys who work there make everything possible for you to enjoy Rio. The fact that it's a small place gives it a cozy and familiar feeling. I shall be back.

staff is actually better than "excellent" - extremely helpful and friendly

This hostel is AWESOME, we ended up extending our stay. The staff are the best we've come across; genuinely friendly, knowledgeable, and make a super caipirinha! The atmosphere is easy going, and friends are easily made. The location is perfect; a stones throw from Copacabana Beach and has everything you need in the immediate area. The Wi-Fi is excellent in all dorms and social areas. Mattresses are on the thin side but we didn't lose sleep over it. Missing the WOTB Family already!

Good location and very helpful staff, but pretty basic facilities (cramped dorms, triple bunks with very poor mattresses) and generally fairly scruffy. Common areas not the best either, particularly the bar which is up in a room away from the rest of the hostel. In my opinion there are better options in Rio.

Great location and really nice staff. However beds/dorms very uncomfortable!

Exelent staff, I felt like beeing at home, just only better ;o) Great bar and exelent location, I can only recommend the place.

• 30th Sep 2013
  • Denmark

Loved the place since my arrival, mainly cause I got in love with the receptionist, but the atmosphere there was awesome. I had many opportunity to enjoy the city thanks to the suggestions given by the staff. And brakfast is terrific!

• 28th Sep 2013

The best thing about walk on the beach is the people! Awesome staff and a meeting place for cool people, hanging out in the bar is comfy and natural. Good breakfast, awesome location. Rooms are a big basic (triple bunks, super thin mattresses) and the lockers are ancient, but still a good pick!

Great hostel in copacabana! Definite plus about this place are the people there, voth the travellers and th staff are amongst the nicest, friendliest and helpful people I have met on my very extensive travels. No lockers for your bags is the only fault I could possible find, but everyone staying becomes your friend and this is not a trouble. I had read many reviews and a few complaints on beds which baffles me... They have no problems! Oh, and wifi connection is excellent ;) Recommend!!

I can see why the reviews below are so good and indeed the service, location and safety of the hotel are all spot on. The staff go out of their way to make you feel welcome, its a short walk from the beach, bus stops and metro, and they have a great security system to make you feel safe. So for a base in Rio it is great, especially if you are starting your travels as we were. For £10-15 a night we were definitely satisfied.

Amazing hostel. So close to the beach and shops in a really safe and nice neighbourhood. The staff are all so welcoming, friendly and helpful. The bar is great for trying different drinks for really cheap and meeting other people. Would certainly recommend this hostel!

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels