Walk On The Beach Hostel Reviews

Rua Dias da Rocha 85, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I LOVED my stay at WONTB! I stayed for NYE 2013-14 and it was so great, a short walk to Copacabana beach, slightly longer to walk to Ipanema. Good places to eat nearby, pretty safe, banks, laundry close by. The hostel organises some great tours at reasonable prices. I did the favela tour and city tour which had great guides, value for money. Rooms: if you have the choice, the best are the 6 bed or 9 bed dorms upstairs. Special shout-out to staff Luisa and Michael - amazing, extra mile!!!!

Really good location to Copacabana beach. Great hostel bar and good wifi. Room was a bit grim as it was a three bed bunk and pretty rickety. Helpful staff.

Outstanding staff! Great location! My preferred choice!

Great hostel. Best value for your money in town! Tons of shops, supermarkets, bars and restaurants right next to the hostel. The Copacabana Beach is four blocks away. The subway is two blocks away. The closest bus stop is just a few steps away. Theatro Net Rio is next doors to the subway entrance, so I had the chance to see two awesome big Broadway musicals. The location is unbeatable! The place could be a little cleaner, but nothing to detract for the experience of staying in Rio.

It was an amazing time in this hostel. Really nice staff, friendly, helpful. Good bar with a really good atmosphere. The beach is close to the hostel. If you like, you can go every day to a recommended club.

• 3rd Dec 2013

Good location. Good, helpful and friendly stuff. Good atmosphere (good mixture of party and chill) Totally recommended. :)

• 2nd Dec 2013

My favourite hostel in South America! Great location, wifi that worked well, best breakfasts, clean showers, really nice people who worked here and social people who stayed here. You can chill out and also party which I like. I would stay here again!

The staff were very friendly here. We went out almost every night with some of them. The hostel is in a great location very near Copacabana beach. Had a few midnight swims. Would definitely recommend staying near the beach rather than in Lapa area.

Among the 20+ hostels in three continents I've been to, Walk on the Beach Hostel is definitely one of the best. The staff is excellent and the location is perfect (close to the beach and a metro station).

Excellent hostel. Good size with sociable guests and very helpful staff.

• 18th Nov 2013

Great Hostel in good location. Lu,Felipe and Dominquie the receptionists are very helpful and friendly.Thanks for everything.You can book tours at the reception but the metro and bus stations are also close by. Breakfast is good and they got free wifi and 2 computers with internet. I can recommend this hostel to everyone.

• 10th Nov 2013
  • Djibouti

I really liked this hostel. The staff were all really nice and friendly. They were absolutely helpful when you had questions, but also they were giving advices. We have been here for a few nights. After that we were traveling further. When we came back we decided to stay in another part of Rio de Janeiro. However if you want to be around the Copacabana, this is definitely a good place to stay!

the stuff was extremely nice and helpful!!! it was really great to stay there. the location is good, about 10 mins to the beach. we felt very safe. i can only say thank you for 5 very nice days!!!!

Very helpful and friendly staff and nice open-minded people! Enjoyed my stay a lot! :)

Everything was excellent except the bed that feels like rock !

This place is awesome. I will recommend people stay here. Awesome staff, and the best caipirinhas I've had so far :) nice and tidy, clean and safe. We will be back. X

The hostel is right on the Copacabana beach within a walking distance to Ipanema. The staff were fantastic - super helpful. I would happily stay there again.

I really enjoyed my stay at Walk on the Beach. The best was the staff and the atmosphere - the guys who work there make everything possible for you to enjoy Rio. The fact that it's a small place gives it a cozy and familiar feeling. I shall be back.

staff is actually better than "excellent" - extremely helpful and friendly

This hostel is AWESOME, we ended up extending our stay. The staff are the best we've come across; genuinely friendly, knowledgeable, and make a super caipirinha! The atmosphere is easy going, and friends are easily made. The location is perfect; a stones throw from Copacabana Beach and has everything you need in the immediate area. The Wi-Fi is excellent in all dorms and social areas. Mattresses are on the thin side but we didn't lose sleep over it. Missing the WOTB Family already!

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels