Walk On The Beach Hostel Reviews

Rua Dias da Rocha 85, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The staff is their greatest asset. The bar is great at night and the location is perfect for any backpacker that stays in Rio. Don't look any further for accommodation. You won't have a better time anywhere else.

• 22nd May 2015
  • South Africa

the 12 bed dorm had 3 story bunks so the room space was very very minimal hardly any room to move around but aside from that the staff were excellent and breakfast fab, very close to the beach and supermarkets too

Nice staff and a good hostel overall. Dont like when they ask if you are going to give them 100% though.

We ask all our guests if they are fully satisfied with our services - you might have misheard something. We do understand you were happy though, given you extended your original stay for 9 days.

Loved our stay here. The staff were really friendly and helpful about what to do in the city. Perfect location for the beach. The only thing that I would say could be improved were the beds, but it was the best hostel overall that we stayed in in South America !

• 18th May 2015

Lovely hostel. Great everything, especially the staff - very friendly, cheery and always helpful. I can't think of anything bad to say about this hostel. Danish owned - shoutout to Bo!!

• 17th May 2015
  • Denmark

This hostel was so much fun! Everyone acted like a little family drinking together, eating together and being hungover together. Very much a party hostel but you could still sleep at night if you wanted to. The beds weren't great but for the location, atmosphere and breakfast it didn't matter. Breakfast was great. Also the staff were amazing, Danilo, Louise and stefany were always helpful and always a good laugh. I can't wait to go back to rio and stay there again!

Loved it! I felt like home >:o) Clean, secure and great staff!

• 9th May 2015

I stayed at this hostel for about a week and was lucky enough to have an entire room for myself. The staff are really cool (Louise, Dominique) and are always ready to help you out. The Caipirinha happy hour was really cool and it helped solo travelers to meet other people. Also, they have plans for every single night of the week (Boat Party recommended). All in all it was an amazing stay and would go back without a doubt to this hostel if I ever get the chance to go back to Rio.

When I was in Rio I stayed at lemon spirit and discovery, but this hostel was definitely my favourite. The others were good but the staff at Walk on the Beach were incredible- always welcoming, happy to help and friendly. The value for money is great- cheap rooms and yet you get a great free breakfast! The place has a homely feel and to have a nice breakfast area and bar is an awesome addition. I would definitely stay again!

Great place, great people! My only regret is that I let the caipirinhas go to my head too many nights and could not spend more time talking with the awesome staff members of this hostel the mornings after :) Best of luck to you all! - H & J

• 28th Apr 2015
  • Finland

Very good hostel on a quiet safe corner in Rio, couple blocks away from the beach, has everything a traveler needs. Friendly staff and a-ma-zing breakfast!

Great atmosphere and very helpful and friendly staff.

Staff was amazing! Loved the whole vibe. It is conveniently located close to every thing and beach.

• 20th Apr 2015
  • India

Stephanie is amazing, woo

The staff is very friendly and knowledgable. The rooms were a bit crowded, but everything was very clean. Great location, only few blocks from the beach. I stayed two nights and had a great time here!

staff and location were great. We didnt realise the triple dorm would be a triple bunk bed - which was quite high! breakfast was good & would definitely recommend to others

Great hostel. The three tiered beds are a little strange and if you suffer from vertigo, stay away from the top but if you plan on staying in your room too much, wrong hostel for you! Great vibe, great staff who are super friendly and ready to party with the guests and awesome bar! Only three blocks from the beach too! If you wat a good time, definitely recommended!!

Great location...close to supermarket, bars, restaurants, transportation, beach, etc. Very helpful & friendly staff!!! The breakfast is okay, could have more variety & maybe be available a little earlier. But overall, a great hostel!

This was probably the most fun hostel in Rio. It was a few steps away from the beach, right between Ipanema and Copacabana. The atmosphere is always relaxed and fun, both the travelers and the staff chill in the common areas, everyone goes out for drinks and clubs together, and the bar serves the strongest caipirinhas around.

• 17th Mar 2015
  • Kazakhstan

A great place ! The location is awesome , close to the beach and to anything you will need ! The staff is amazing , helps you with anything and so nice and welcoming !!! I will defently come back here if I would visit Rio again !!! The place is extremely clean , and the kitchen have anything you will need !! I really recommend it !!

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels