Walk On The Beach Hostel Reviews

Rua Dias da Rocha 85, Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Security is good but the 3 floor bed is too hard, Desayuno is good

the hostel is in great location has his own bar and has great people.`was fun to stay there during our stay in rio de janerio

• 3rd Feb 2014
  • Israel

Excellent location, 5 minutes from the beach, area is safe, good times!!

Great hostel! 5 min away from the beach..good breakfast and all. We may see you again! only con was the A/C way too cold.

Cramped, felt like I was in a rabbit hutch. Walk On By!

loved to stay here, very clean, spacious and comfortable! Staff is very nice as well and ready to help...

Location was good and staff were nice, however lacked atmosphere. The dorms and bathrooms were basic and run down; the bed linen was a little shabby. Not sure if I would stay here again.

Thanks for your a review. We are sorry this was your impression, however it seems to be an isolated opinion compared to those of our usual clients. We understand that atmosphere is associated both with the place and the people staying there at the time. We do our best to offer good service in a good environment, but we cannot control who will be around at all times. We aim at offering great service at budget prices and in a very clean hostel. We'll look into the linen. Thanks

Great hostel with a great vibe! The staff are awesome and really try to make sure you enjoy your stay. The only bad point is the 3 deck bunk beds! A bit dangerous if your on the top level. I defiantly recommend this hostel and I will return!

Amazing stay with the friendliest staff. Steph & Luisa always had a smile on their faces, were quick on their feet & helpful with navigating the city. Great location, access to the beaches, buses to Corcovado, Lapa and Sugar Loaf were 2 blocks away. Hostel was clean, pleasant, had a decent breakfast & good kitchen. Plenty of showers and bathrooms, it was an excellent value for my money. I would stay again with a heartbeat! Obrigada Luisa & Stephanie!

The best hostel in Rio. The staff is very nice and friendly, always talking with people about things to do, shorcuts and places to go. The place is very nice and full of cool people.

I guess it is a good hostel with a very nice atmosphere and people. The location is very good and you spend less than 5 minutes to arrive on the beach. I liked it!

Very nice hostel

Great hostel just a couple of blocks back from Copacabana Beach. The staff really make the effort to get to know you, and the place is just the right size that you'll meet plenty of people without it being overwhelming (I find the bigger hostels a bit less sociable sometimes because people don't recognise you). There are always people willing to go to that night's party, and the staff are happy to assist. My favourite hostel of the four I stayed in in Rio!

I LOVED my stay at WONTB! I stayed for NYE 2013-14 and it was so great, a short walk to Copacabana beach, slightly longer to walk to Ipanema. Good places to eat nearby, pretty safe, banks, laundry close by. The hostel organises some great tours at reasonable prices. I did the favela tour and city tour which had great guides, value for money. Rooms: if you have the choice, the best are the 6 bed or 9 bed dorms upstairs. Special shout-out to staff Luisa and Michael - amazing, extra mile!!!!

Really good location to Copacabana beach. Great hostel bar and good wifi. Room was a bit grim as it was a three bed bunk and pretty rickety. Helpful staff.

Outstanding staff! Great location! My preferred choice!

Great hostel. Best value for your money in town! Tons of shops, supermarkets, bars and restaurants right next to the hostel. The Copacabana Beach is four blocks away. The subway is two blocks away. The closest bus stop is just a few steps away. Theatro Net Rio is next doors to the subway entrance, so I had the chance to see two awesome big Broadway musicals. The location is unbeatable! The place could be a little cleaner, but nothing to detract for the experience of staying in Rio.

It was an amazing time in this hostel. Really nice staff, friendly, helpful. Good bar with a really good atmosphere. The beach is close to the hostel. If you like, you can go every day to a recommended club.

• 3rd Dec 2013

Good location. Good, helpful and friendly stuff. Good atmosphere (good mixture of party and chill) Totally recommended. :)

• 2nd Dec 2013

My favourite hostel in South America! Great location, wifi that worked well, best breakfasts, clean showers, really nice people who worked here and social people who stayed here. You can chill out and also party which I like. I would stay here again!

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels