Walkabout Backpackers Reviews

Str. Vasile Conta nr.18, Bucharest, Romania

This is a great little hostel, a good location and easy to find. The owner even cooked an authentic Romanian meal for me and the other guests- very much appreciated.

Fantastic little hostel with an amazing host! Had a great time, thanks Collin for making our stay in Bucharest a positive one :)

Colin was hilarious, really accommodating and lots of fun to talk to, such a character. Facilities were nice and it was very homey. Location was very good.

Hostel is located right in the centre of Bucharest really close to the main sights. Interestly, it is located in a rear court-yard making it also quiet for sleeping & really secure. The price offered great value while Calin really stands out with his hospitality, perfect English & well-travelled native Bucharest insightful-knowledge. Calin also pointed me in the direction of some great places to eat. I can highly recommend this hostel unless you have mobility issues due to stairwell entrance.

Could really use fans in the bedrooms - was very hot and humid to the point of not being able to get to sleep.

This is the best Hostel I have stayed in by far. Colin, the owner, upon arrival fed me and gave me a clean shirt as I had just been robbed in Bulgaria and without him Id be in deep trouble today. Its a quiet boutique style hostel with character. He is very knowledgable about the city and will always offer to pick you up something from the store or to come out with him at night - thx Colin!!!

• 27th Jul 2014

The staff were really helpful and welcoming, offering great recommendations for places to go in the City and beyond. The staff provided also an interesting insight into life in Romania. We really enjoyed our stay which was a little too short.

The best hostel i've ever been to. The owner of the hostel helped me and my friend what to see and where to go in daylight and in the night. The owner knows all the great places in Bucharest and also where to go and stay if you wanna go to the seaside. The Hostel has the best atmosphere and it's very clean. The owner makes the best soup ever! He made our trip the best and he is so friendly to everyone. You have to meet him! :)

Very friedly owner. Told us all the pracitcal information we needed. Clean, comfortable rooms. Highly recommended.

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Poland

The owner is great and helpful. He will always offer advice or company to go out. The hostel is perfect for relax. It´s very well located and everything is reachable easily.