Walkabout Backpackers Reviews

Str. Vasile Conta nr.18, Bucharest, Romania

Could really use fans in the bedrooms - was very hot and humid to the point of not being able to get to sleep.

This is the best Hostel I have stayed in by far. Colin, the owner, upon arrival fed me and gave me a clean shirt as I had just been robbed in Bulgaria and without him Id be in deep trouble today. Its a quiet boutique style hostel with character. He is very knowledgable about the city and will always offer to pick you up something from the store or to come out with him at night - thx Colin!!!

• 27th Jul 2014

The staff were really helpful and welcoming, offering great recommendations for places to go in the City and beyond. The staff provided also an interesting insight into life in Romania. We really enjoyed our stay which was a little too short.

The best hostel i've ever been to. The owner of the hostel helped me and my friend what to see and where to go in daylight and in the night. The owner knows all the great places in Bucharest and also where to go and stay if you wanna go to the seaside. The Hostel has the best atmosphere and it's very clean. The owner makes the best soup ever! He made our trip the best and he is so friendly to everyone. You have to meet him! :)

Very friedly owner. Told us all the pracitcal information we needed. Clean, comfortable rooms. Highly recommended.

• 15th Jul 2014
  • Poland

The owner is great and helpful. He will always offer advice or company to go out. The hostel is perfect for relax. It´s very well located and everything is reachable easily.

The staff was fantastic and the general atmosphere was welcoming

• 10th May 2014
  • Romania

the staff sleep by day and play loud music at night

The owner was nice and welcoming. Gave us lots of information about Bucharest. It's a great place to stay on a budget. You are near the main stretch. The location of the actually hostel is a little sketchy though. You have to walk through an abandoned bar. We had to step over a few homeless people when getting in at night and again in the morning.

We absolutely loved this hostel. We were only here for one night and wish it could have been longer just for the hostel. The staff was unbelievably helpful and friendly. Amazing wifi speeds and we felt very safe.

• 11th Apr 2014

We stopped here for a few days. Walkabout was a great location being close to most central attractions. Rooms were clean, kitchen and bathroom functional. Calin was most helpful, pointing us in the right direction . Only bad point, entrance/stairs.

I really got a huge satisfaction staying in the Walkabout backpackers Hostel. I recomend this hostel to who intend to stay nice days in Bucharest.

• 4th Apr 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the hostel. It was centrally located. The staff were very pleasant and coutious.