Walkabout Reviews

13 Quay Street, Manchester, Manchester, England

The dirtiest and worst place i've been in my life No presence of the staff, the reception states opening from 7am to 10pm, but is always closed. if you try to call (6 times in 2 days) they won't answer.. in the room: old socks on the floor, plastic and garbage all over the floor. Flooded bathroom without shower courtains, personal towels used as carpets. Dirty carpet with blood and nasty stuff on the ground. I tried to call them about that, they answered (using email) 24 hours later...

The Hotel is really dirty, all the corridors with and old carpet full off stains. The room was not clean with a peanut on the carpet near the bed, and with dirty towels and a razor-blade in the toilet. To top it, the shower wasn't working, I talked with staff and they changed me to other room, it was a little better, but still full of stains in the carpet.

I have stayed at this hostel at least 7/10 times and each time has got worse and worse. Sorry to say that the last few times I didn't have time to provide feedback , but was shocking .... Carpets filthy , broken sink . No soap at all in both the rooms I booked. Friends had to stay else where because the beds were all broken. Smells and stains on all floors and damp?! I don't want waste more time and say how bad it was .... I'm not ever going to stay here with friends again , sorry

• 20th Jun 2015

Dirty, noisy and poor staff. Stayed in a 2 bedroom room which had a filthy, stained carpet, broken blinds, peeling paint from the walls and looked like it had not been vacuumed for months. I’ve taken pictures to provide to Manchester City Council. Noisy till around 4am. Had to wait over 2 hours for staff reception to open in the morning. The contact number provided rang with no answer or ability to leave a voice mail. Hostelworld.com association with them is not likely to help their brand.

This hostel was in a good location and the security of the site was good but beyond that there was nothing in its favour. It was really dirty and even though it was cheapish we will not stay there again.

Worst hostel ever! The room and toilet was very dirty and the bath tub was even broken. No Wifi was given. Great value of money but very disappointed.

• 13th Jun 2015
  • Hong Kong

Friday night was wery loud.

Very cheap, but: - One plug socket - Dirty walls - paint chipped off - Stained floors - Very small amount of toilet paper - Very smelly lift - No staff upon arrival

• 8th Jun 2015

hostal is very dirty and is difficult to get in contact with the people from the reception. rooms and bathrooms are not clean either.. i was dissapointed because of that. location is good.

• 30th May 2015
  • Poland

Filthy with very uncomfortable beds.

• 27th May 2015

room was a bit noisy as it was close to a few clubs

• 23rd May 2015
  • Wales

The property was dirty and run down. The carpet had stains from 9 years ago when I last was there. The icing on the cake was the chicken bone outside of the lift and the lack of blinds in the room. However when we checked out after the firsf night instead of staying 6 nights the manager listened to our complaints and gave a refund no problem.

Worst mattresses I've ever slept on, room stinks , stains on walls, dreaded staying another night here. Needs major overhaul. Beer next door was off. Rubbish everywhere outside. No facilities at all, I would give this place overall score of 2/10.

• 19th May 2015

The hostel could do with a bit of a scrub. It would help if they removed the mouldy carpets on the landings and in the rooms. The room was not too bad with clean sheets and lots of space and we were quite surprised as we expected a lot worse due to the bad reviews. It was comfortable enough, brilliant location, friendly helpful staff and a good deal at £50 for 4 of us. Staying there meant we got 25% off food and drink at walkabout which meant 75p shots and 4 pints of cider for less than £8.

• 16th May 2015

The hostel is very bad, it seems abandoned. Don't go!

Perfect for a weekend away. Ideally located, nice staff and great atmosphere in the bar/club. Not the best rooms or facilities but you get what you pay for. Great value for money and definitely perfect for a weekend trip.

• All Male Group, 25-30

Very dirty and smelly! Bed is very uncomfortable. You won't get any sleep in this place. Avoid! Avoid!

• Philippines

We knew this would be grotty when we booked as it was the cheapest place in central Manchester, and we weren't disappointed. Someone had urinated in the lift quite recently, and none of the staff seemed too bothered about clearing it up. The bathroom was full of black mold and had clearly not been cleaned since the last time someone had stayed there as there was a bracelet on the floor and a bottle of shower gel someone had left under the sink. The sheets were clean though. It was VERY noisy.

• 24th Apr 2015

Have stayed in quite a few hostels and wouldn't say I was too fussy! The place is tired our room was very much in need of a new mattress. The carpet at our door was dripping wet which I would assume was from our bathroom! The sheets however where clean as was the toilet, shower and hand basin! If you are planning to stay up all night partying then there is nothing wrong, if your after sleep before midnight and haven't brought ear plugs then I would suggest trying elsewhere!

Absolutely Horrific The Floor And Walls Were Stained The Window Wouldn't Close I Wouldn't Reccommend This Place As Iv'e Stayed In Nice Hostels!!!!

• 4th Apr 2015