Walkabout Reviews

13 Quay Street, Manchester, Manchester, England

The most horrible place I've ever seen.Everything dirty, sticky and smelly ever. We try to contact someone in the hostel and nobody helped. We were scared about the place. We had to run away and try to find another place where to sleep that night. Thanks that Manchester people and the city are great!

• 4th Apr 2015
  • Spain

If you want a cheap stay in a big city then Walkabout is highly recommended, don't expect 5* quality, more a down to earth bed, en suite and somewhere to get your head down.

• 15th Mar 2015

Stayed here more than once when passing through, welcoming

Good location. I stayed with a few mates after going to old Trafford were our team arsenal beat United to reach the fa cup semi final so we were pissed and in high spirits. the deco is appauling, stained walls and carpets and the room has a heater that looks like a toaster. I'd stay there again if I was in Manchester for football because its a tenner a bed and in a good location

• 9th Mar 2015

The safety of the beds weren't great and it the hostel needs a few new fixtures.

• 7th Mar 2015

- Well, they say that there is free wifi but it is only in the reception and does not reach upstairs. - no toiletries at all - you can barely get hot water to wash or shower - there is a freakin noisy pub just below which will rock the hell out of you at night.

• 3rd Mar 2015
  • Bahrain

Very very basic, but if youve chosen to book there then thats what youre expecting, beds clean, room not the dirtiest. Only down side was no kettle in the room, so coffees out cost a fortine, other than that the walkabout club was amazing, music in room wasnt that loud, staff are friendly, and helpful, and speak to you properly, like a human not snooty. I loved it and would stay there again, just bring a travel kettle, hehe. X

• 28th Feb 2015

Most depressing place I've ever stayed in. Room was basic, dingy and freezing cold. The heater looked like it had been there since about 1950, and although the room was so cold I didn't want to leave it on whilst out of the room in case it set fire to something. The corridors hadn't been properly cleaned and looked like university halls after a night of drinking. The only good thing I can say is that the shower was alright. NEVER AGAIN.

• 25th Feb 2015

Without doubt, the worst hostel I've ever stayed in. You couldn't pay me to stay here again. Bathrooms were poor, reception is virtually non existent and the whole place stinks. Don't normally write a review but this place was a joke.

Filthy. Cold. Heater off the wall in room. No shower curtain in bathroom and floor flooded. At least it was cheap.

• 11th Feb 2015

The hostel is situated in a good location but it is very dirty.

• 7th Feb 2015

This was the worst hostel I have ever seen (and I've been to many hostels around the world). It was extremely dirty (fungus on the walls, sticky floor). The matress of my bed was broken. No heating so it was very cold in the room. You need to look for a member of staff in the bar nearby. Safety lockers in the room broken. Avoid by all means!

• 7th Feb 2015
  • Poland

The room was cold and very dirty and the bed was very uncomfortable. Staff were friendly and helpful. Good location, very central.

The room left a lot to be desired. This is by no means a great place, but if all you want is a bed in a central location then I think this is good value for money. Just don't expect too much.

• 6th Feb 2015

There was little or no heat in the bedroom meaning we had to sleep fully clothed. Also, towels and bedding were not changed throughout the 3 nights. The temperature in the bar was also very cold resulting in us leaving to go elsewhere on a couple of occasions. Ive stayed here before and didnt encounter these problems

• 30th Jan 2015

The wind passed through the window seal, even when closed. There were no heating on the bedroom and no soap at the bathroom. There was no one at the reception neither at check-in or check-out. The elevator was in terrible cleaning conditions and smelled cigarette, even with smoking not being allowed.

• 18th Jan 2015

On arrival my friends and I couldnt help but be shocked- the building is old and dirty, there was mold on the walls with paint flaking off and the carpets were stained and gross. Our room wasn't much better, the only plus was that the sheets were clean. For £12.50 each it was reasonably priced but in general it was awful. There are no 'facilities' to speak of- there wasn't even a shower curtain, the blinds were missing panels and the room was freezing as the heater had been torn off the wall.

• 17th Jan 2015

i turned up late but some one was straight down from the club to let me in . but i was not told how loud the music was going to be from walkabout with dos not close till 2 am. and the bed were the worst bunk bed and matters i have ever sleep on the bunk bed was close to falling apart as i tryed to claim on to the top was close to falling over it was leaning that much all of the springs and gon in the matters so i had them sticking in my body from head to toe no matter were i moved .

• 17th Jan 2015

Worst place we have stayed,avoid people

• 17th Jan 2015

Me and my group of 7 friends hired two, four-bed rooms and had a great time. The place is pretty dodgy so don't go if you 're a clean freak but the location is great, the cost is low, and the staff are very helpful. The heaters were broken but when we told them, they sorted us out with an electric one per room. As a base for a fun weekend in Manchester, I'd highly reccomend

• 16th Jan 2015