Walkers' Hostel Reviews

2F., No.34, Sec. 4, Xinyi Rd., Taipei, Taiwan

The staff is delightful, the place is quaint and cozy (perhaps a little too small if you're not use to asia). Close to the MRT and some lovely restaurants

Friendly hostel, staff were helpful but felt very confused as I met a guy in my dorm who I got chatting to and helped me with my travels etc but never really told me that he worked there - would have much nicer if he had introduced himself as working in the hostel, as didn't want to assume. The beds are a little squeaky and I wouldn't mind some luggage storage next to my bed or under, but the room was otherwise nice. The bathrooms were quite basic but fine. This is a no frills hostel, but nice.

If you leave earlier than checkout to catch a flight, you can't get out because you need the security fob on the key chain to work the elevator.

• 1st Jan 2015

Thank you for your stay at our hostel. But we doesn't have an elevator, maybe you've mixed up with other hostels you stayed during your trip? Anyway, hope you enjoyed your trip and happy new year! =)

The staff is extremely helpful especially Queenie, helped us go around, look through websites in Chinese and a lot more. The hostel has a good location, near mrt and Taipei 10, easy to go back to the hostel from time to time within our stay. It is kept clean twice a day. We got a room near the road, so it very noisy. The street traffic can be heard, a problem if you are a light sleeper. The walls are thin, could hear the next room. Newly washed sheets contained hairs - washer problems.

• 26th Dec 2014
  • Hungary

It was a wonderful experience staying at the hostel. Every staff were very friendly, especially the boss. The rooms and restrooms were very clean during my stay. Free breakfast, laundry also. Another plus point, It was very near to the Taipei Marathon race site that I had participated, so I did not need to rush to the race site.

Thank you! Really enjoy the talk with you.

Good place for short stay. I definitely will stay again.

Staff is very nice and helpful :)

• 18th Oct 2014
  • Hong Kong

It was a great experience and everyone at the hostel was very helpful. The location is extremely convenient and provides easy access to the Daan mrt. The only thing that might bother some people is that the beds can be squeaky at night but other than that I have no complaints. The price is awesome for the quality of the hostel. :)

One of the best hostels ive ever stayed in!!! Incredibly nice staff, cozy atmosphere - all i want from a hostel :-)

• 30th Sep 2014
  • Austria

Everything a traveler needs is here in the hostel and the metro is super close. I'm so glad I booked a private room here instead of a business hotel. My room was light, storage, air cnd. Was excited to do laundry and it was free, good instructions, free soap. The staff were able to answer all my questions and were so niceand helpful. It was such an easy place to be for a traveler with travel needs and travel questions. I hope the rest of my trip is so good. Thanks!

• 27th Sep 2014

Staff are friendly and helpful. Location is good, near Xinyi district, Taipei 101.

• 13th Sep 2014
  • Singapore

Nice, hidden hostel directly next to dann mrt station. Nice and friendly staff and comfortable beds. I can recommend it.

Staffs are hospitable and it's quite clean there. everything is good enough.

This hostel is really next to the metro station and it is really next to the city center. The staff were really friendly and helpful for me.

This was my first time ever coming to Taipei and I could not have found a better place! The location is perfect, right next to the train and walking distance to many awesome sites and food places. The staff is also so helpful and nice and we met a bunch of really great people at the hostel. I have stayed at several hostels in many different parts of the world, but I have never found such a friendly and welcoming one before. I definitely recommend it! Thanks for everything Walker's!

• 20th Aug 2014

All the conditions are very good ~ while because Taipei's golden location, the space is a little small , especially the small stairs to the hostel.Never mind.

Nice and wellcoming place to stay in Taipei! Great stuff! Helped me a lot with everything: Places to go, things to eat, how to find an apartment. I would definitly recommend it.

Decent hostel in Taipei, just a little over priced.

Hi Jeff, We are really surprised your comments. You stayed in a 8 beds room, and said it is decent, which cost NT460=USD15 We checked other hostels price, average price is NT500 for a dorm bed. Thank you for your cmments

Very good location. Less than 5 minute walk to metro. Super nice boss and staff. Facilities are a bit old but acceptable. Fairly good in general!

• 8th Aug 2014
  • Hong Kong

Thank you for providing me great experience this time! It's a bit expensive in comparison to other youth hostel's single room but the atmosphere, location, security are excellent! A one improvement is that if you set fast internet services like LAN, at least only in the single room, it would definitely make me work smoothly. However, I totally enjoyed this stay and If I will definitely recommend to my friends to stay this hostel.

• 30th Jul 2014