Wanderlust Saigon Hostel Reviews

10 Nguyen Van Trang Street, Ben Thanh Ward District, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

They cancelled my reservation 20 minutes before arrival after 15 hours travelling. Absolutely disgusting and outrageous. And also haven't refunded my money. Unacceptable.

• 8th Feb 2016

It was awful, rooms hadn't been cleaned, ants everywhere and was told this would get sorted and didnt. Toilet door broken for an 18 room dorm told to use a different toilet. Room door diddidnt lock even though they tried charging me a deposit for a key. The only good thing about the hostel was that we got our money back after wanting to check straight out.

• 6th Feb 2016

This was literally the worst hostel I've ever stayed in. We booked a night, they took us down an alley to another hostel (Sakura Hostel which has a 3/10 rating). They never gave me a receipt but we payed for another night later on which they did give us one for, the next day we came back and they had shoved out stuff into bin bags on the floor and told us to move, then claimed the one receipt we had was for the first night, after arguing for an hour they gave us our money back and we left. 0/10

Excellent location, helpful staff and nice beds. Although rooms were incredibly hot and cramped they're okay if you're there for a short stay.

You may have to check your facilities more often.

• 23rd Jan 2016
  • Hong Kong

There's nothing wrong with this hostel; I don't understand the bad reviews. The staff is friendly, the location is great, the beds are good (dorms have aircon) and the hostel is clean. And above all: it is cheap. Alright, they do have two separate buildings, but they are only a one minute walk from each other. I stayed in the second building, so I cannot say much about the main building though. Just an inconvenience is that you can only book the 8 and 16 dorm with a minimum occupation of 50%.

They tell you that the hostel is one and when you get there they took you to another hostel in an alleyway, there is no key in any door, street or room, and when I whent to extend my stay the charge me more because they say that the price went up, but outside they have masive signs that say that they have beds for US$3 and when i ask to be change to that room thy told that is was a scam to have more people. One of the worse services that i have in my 3 years travelling.

Great reception staff, they are the standout feature of the hostel, they speak excellent English, are always very friendly and helpful. Without these amazing people, the hostel is rather average, I have stayed in multiple locations around the city, and at the current prices, the hostel itself does not really offer anything to make it better than its competitors. It used to be cheap, and have a free breakfast, but those days of amazing value for money are over.

Paid for 8-bed dorm, was walked down the street, up 3 flights of stairs to a 14-bed room. Was told my reservation said 14-bed and they had no 8-bed dorms. Showed printed reservation, then they suddenly had an 8-bed room. Back down the street, up to 8-bed dorm. 1 hour later was told to leave the room because they had to photograph it. Went to take a shower & floor had an inch of water + mold and bugs everywhere. No barrier between shower and toilet/sink. Left & got hotel for $5 more per night.

Hostel is very small one and I was given 4 bed dorm though I booked for 10 bed one! Room was very small with clean and comfortable bed. Bath room was clean only in morning but becomes very dirty due to over loaded back packers.location is excellent and I felt value for what I paid!

Myself and two friends booked 3 beds in a 4 bed room at wanderlust. When we arrived they told us that they were doing renovations. So instead of staying on the Main Street we have to go up an alley around the corner and stay at another hostel in a 16 person room. We booked small for security. And had to stay stacked in a room like sardines. We checked out the next day and they had the gumption to try and charge us extra for my friend and I sharing the double bed. They are very deceiving.

Worst hostel EVER. Paid to stay in Wanderlust, which looked pretty nice and had a rooftop bar and cafe- instead we got taken to what looked like someone's house/a brothel down a dodgy alleyway with absolutely no explanation of why this was or an apology. We paid for a 10 person dorm and were in a 16 dorm which had 4, 3 tier bunks pushed together so you slept next to strangers. No lockers, no key given for door and no room to even breathe. They also lied about copying our passports! DISASTER

I arrived on 31st december and it was a little busy a cause of new years eve and a mistake with the reservation, but the staff did them best to find a solution for all the people! the atmosphere is really nice, the bathrooms are clean, the people very friendly...and condition air all day long!

They made me sleep on the floor because there was not enough beds and make me pay 96 dong for nothing.. Seriously they are the worst shittiest money minded hostle I have ever been to in my whole life

• 31st Dec 2015
  • Singapore

This was by far the worst hostel we have stayed in in 3 months in Asia Firstly they over booked, we booked and reserved a week in advance and turned up and they took us to a completely different hostel round the corner where they let people share beds and there was no security They Then Refused to give us a discount And did not apologise We had no option of changing hostels on the evening especially as it was New Year's Eve

Excellent reception staff!!! very friendly, and helpful, they are the main reason I have extended my stay here. The hostel is very lucky to have them.

Staff have been fantastic. We've extended our stay and they've helped arrange tours for us to Cu Chi and the Mekong Delta. A fun place to bring in the New Year!

I booked FOUR beds in a mixed dorm room of 27th Dec 2015. On 24th Dec 2015, I already informed the staff that in the day I had to check in, I would belated check in. And the staff said 'It's OK. Don't worry about that'. But when I arrived the hostel, another staff said that "There is no bed for us, and the hostel is full up." I don't understand with this situation. The hostel sold our FOUR beds to others. At last, I told the problem with the staff who I met on 24th, and she refunded me the fee.

• 27th Dec 2015
  • Thailand

The AC unit flooded on the first day, despite 3 days of requesting it to be fixed we ended up with all of our belongings soaked. One shower between numerous rooms. Hairs in the beds. When we paid the bill the hostel had increased the price of the room by placing a small piece of paper on the notice board. They overcharged us until we pointed this out. They ripped us off on a day trip booking which doubled in price on the day! Having told us all was included. Despondent staff. Stay elsewhere.

Nice place to stay if you're visiting Sai Gon, few minutes walk from Ben Thanh market. Very friendly staffs, the couch is a little bit small.

« first « Prev 1 2 3