Wang Fat Hostel Reviews

No A1, 2/F, Paterson Bldg., 47 Paterson St., Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

My go to place to stay in Hong Kong, no frills but about as cheap as you would want to go for a decent value. Like the staff and decent place to meet people.

I don't understand why this hostel had such bad reviews. Its extremely well located, has a great kitchen for guests to use, the rooms are clean.... I will definitely come back and I recomend it.

• 22nd Aug 2015
  • Portugal

Good Hostel near MTR and Airportbus. Frendly staff, good value for HK!

Dorm it's on another building. No common area there. Staff doesn't speak any English except the receptionist. Toilets are good and wifi too. Very smelly room. You can find betters ones with same price.

We are just so sorry about your case, if you do not prefer a room in next building, please tell our reception and we will change another room for you if rooms are available. We will do some improvements on cleaning the rooms. Hope you can come back next time.

I took a single room for,three days and two nights. During that time they never changed the sheets nor did they empty the bin in the room.. Other than that it was a brilliant experience.

• 27th Jul 2015
  • Tanzania

A good stay and a good locatie to start your Hong Kong experience

• 24th Jul 2015

Well located in a central area of Hong Kong island.

• 22nd Jul 2015

My girl friend booked it for me when I was on my way to HK. It's a nice place to stay and definitely deserves the money!

Hi! Wang Fat Hostel is one of the best places to stay in HongKong. Located in the center of the metropolitan and just a short walk form the MTR, I have easily got around the entire HK during my stay. Nice staff. Friendly roommates. Great value for money. I will surely come back. Highly guaranteed !!

Be aware that it is an illegally run as a hostel in an apartment building and there is NO accountability for any problems, and the residents are not very happy with you for being there, but other than that it's a really good place. It's great value for money, bang in the heart of downtown Hong Kong; relatively clean, secure and tidy; the common room isn't very comfortable or sociable, but it's ok; who wants to sit in the hostel all night anyway?

This hostel is worth how much you pay for.

• 2nd Jul 2015
  • South Korea

Our toilet in the private room leaked when you flushed it and the room had a constant smell of urine. There was no safe in the room. The cable TV had such poor reception it may as well of not been there, The WIFI was also terrible, slow and constantly dropping out. The location of the Hostel was good, nice and close to the subway and a great convenience across the road which was great for food/drinks/beers. The Atmosphere wasn't great as the common room was really small.

This hostel has a very nice location (and near a MTR station) for a very reasonable price. The main negative point is the very crappy WiFi, which mostly doesn't work in the rooms and also lags in the reception room.

great location, they have several buildings but rooms have all you need to sleep and shower

This hostel is well located, easy to find and, besides the tight room (that is a standard in the city) it was ok. Otherwise, the atmosphere is not that great, the common area is small and has a old fashion look, the kitchen is very limited, but is a cheap option is the city. You get what you pay for.

Location is great! 3 min walk to Causeway Bay shopping district. However, it is only the positive side of this hostel. The facilities are pretty poor, no reading light, few outlets in one room, wifi signal is poor, everything is kinda old, and not very well maintained. But still, if you are just looking for a place to sleep, it is a okay place.

Wang Fat was a really pleasant stay. Nice people, also kitchen facilities was a nice touch. Chubby hostel cat who loves to be pet! Beds were good, nice common area. Only downside was that the wifi was sometimes quite bad.

At first I didnt like it cuz it was so packed compared with the others I used to stay in. but I liked it very much at the end! Staff was so friendly & helpful. The guests there were super fun as well. I stayed in the different buidling so, it's a bit inconvient when I needed to go to the main building but eventually, the dorm room had its own bathroom. Yahoo! The hostel roof top was a kinda secret fun as well. The cleaning cud be a small issue but I just cleaned it myself so no complaint.

Nothing to complain about - if you want to stay in a upmarket area (i.e Causeway Bay) then you need to prepare to either pay more or lower your expectations. Very clean hostel, comfy beds air con and free wifi what more could a traveller need? Even a hotel in Hong Kong isn't going to be much bigger!?!

You get what you pay for. The staff is helpful and the beds are clean, but the bathrooms are not up to minimum standards. But hey, there is free coffee in the mornings!

• 29th Apr 2015