7.1
Very Good 1,435 Total Reviews
7.1
Very Good 1,435 Total Reviews
Wang Fat Hostel Located at No A1, 2/F, Paterson Bldg., 47 Paterson St., Causeway Bay, Hong Kong.
Hong Kong
Hong Kong No A1, 2/F, Paterson Bldg., 47 Paterson St., Causeway Bay
71% 1435
22.2813604 114.1851514
    Rooms available

• USA, Male, 18-24
9th Jun 2016
5.4

**The elevator going up to the main reception has a notice that the hostel is operating illegally. I checked in and was moved to a flat across the street.** The air conditioning didn't work in the room, and they didn't use AC in the main reception either (HK in mid-June is hot.) There was no receipt, and check-out was simply trading a room key for the 100 HKD deposit. I didn't have an issue, but I could see the potential for one. I recommend YesInn @Causeway Bay (lots of fun.)

30th May 2016
6.9

AC in rooms, I booked an 8 person room and got only 4. Quite stuffy though which can be a problem when you have lots of backpackers coming through. Beds are small, bunk beds. There is a common area but I didn't spend much time there as I was hanging out at another friends hostel. Most stuff is extra charge, towel, slippers, etc. one nice thing was that the bathrooms were separate from the rooms so they were generally available, I never had to wait to shower etc.

• Singapore, Male, 31-40
21st May 2016

pleasant affordable place at a good location near Causeway bay

14th May 2016

Staff is very helpful. Location is just around the corner of the MTR.

• Singapore, Mixed Group, 18-24
10th May 2016

Everything is working fine. The staff are friendly. The rooms are really small, though it does not matter to us as we just use the room to sleep. Morning 8am to 10am free coffee/tea. It is located near the only tram line(HK$2.30), which is a experience to have and its cheaper than bus or MTR($4.50-$9.80). The food ard this place is more expensive as its the shopping districts. Really enjoying our stay there.

• USA, Female, 25-30
30th Apr 2016
6.3

I wish the staff spoke English, or were a little bit more friendly. It is feasible to get to this hostel, but the directions on the website sucks.

28th Apr 2016
6.6

Very good location, it's kind of hard to know where is the reception.. not many signs, but good value- quality overall

28th Apr 2016
4.6

First the lady at the front desk was very mean and unfriendly. And then she ripped me off and stole money from me. I was asked for $120 for the room deposit, and she only gave me $100 back when I checked out. I'm not staying here again, and I don't recommend anyone else stay here either.

• Jamaica, Male, 18-24
20th Apr 2016

Great location and good hostel to stay. Staff were very friendly and attentive.

• Blue119
  • Thailand, Female, 18-24
20th Apr 2016

Location very good. Room was small but did what it needed to do. Staff extremely helpful.