Wang Fat Hostel

Very Good 1508 Total Reviews

• USA, Female, 25-30
14th Jun 2017
8.0

There is a supermarket just downstairs where you can stock up. The walk to the MTR is less than five minutes. We stayed six nights in a single room with its own bathroom. That section of the hostel is across the street from the office and is very quiet and easy to come and go as you please. The only issue was that the cleaning service left much to be desired. In six nights, they never cleaned the bathroom or offered to exchange the towels. I wasn't really clear on why they even came in the room.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
13th Jun 2017
7.4

Initially I had booked to stay in a 6 bed mixed dorm but instead got a private room for my friend and myself. The hostel was no what we had seen in hostel world - it has a few other names on hostel world and you basically get whatever room is free.Toilets disgusting, water didn't works so people were using the shower head to flush the toilet which was fine but then leaving the head in the toilet bowl which you then use to shower. Location great though, right next to subway which is super easy!

• Canada, Male, 18-24
9th Jun 2017
5.7

This is one of the worst hostels I've stayed in. PROS: Good Location right in Causeway Bay and they have a fridge where you can buy water and other necessities. CONS: Mould in the shower, extremely noisy cat (don't get me wrong I like cats) that meows all night. When water goes through the pipes from the upstairs washroom it makes a terribly loud hissing noise in the room. This was the worst part, you would wake up at 3 am in the morning because someone was having a shower above you.

• charlotte_parker93
  • Wales, Female, 18-24
  • Globetrotter
27th May 2017
8.0

My 5th time staying at this hostel (it goes by 3 different names), they have rooms spread across 3 different buildings all within a 30 second walk from the main reception area. Great location for pretty much everything in HK as it's on the island and right next to the metro. I was in an 8 bed mixed dorm and it was great, 2 sofas, loads of space, a little sink and microwave area, and a bathroom. Bit weird that there were private rooms IN the dorm, but wasn't an issue. But, some broken lockers

• Canada, Female, 18-24
17th Mar 2017
7.7

Kind of confusing because office is in separate building of room. Also second night of stay they assigned someone else my bed and didn't change the sheets of the free bed in the room. At 2 am I had to walk to the office and get someone to deal with it. Great location, so close to MTR and everything you could need is also in the area

11th Mar 2017
7.1

It's hard to judge the place because there are several hostels all around this area that seem to be run through the same reception and are essentially the same place. I stayed in another of them a week later and the wifi was named 'wang fat' so I don't think I was actually in the Wang Fat hostel the first time. Both were decent enough but the Wang Fat one was much nicer than whichever one I got the first time. I don't think you can guarantee exactly what you're going to get.

• Norway, Male, 25-30
27th Feb 2017
6.3

Cheap, but that's it. Reading lamps did not work, bathroom floor was always covered in water as toilet and shower shared the same space. They gave us a double room instead of dorms for the same price, which was nice. Very creaky bunk beds, so woke each other up every time we turned over. Also very lousy internet connection in the rooms. Wouldn't recommend this place to a friend, but then again, very cheap so depends on how much time you plan to spend at the hostel, I guess :)

• Singapore, Male, 31-40
25th Feb 2017

staff are very friendly and accommodating to request. it is my 40th ++ time staying here over the years so what make me come back is their room condition value for money and at very good location. there are always room for improvement and i believe they really do over the years to earn my support.