Wang Fat Hostel Reviews

No A1, 2/F, Paterson Bldg., 47 Paterson St., Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

the location is ideal and the host upgrade my room in the first night. But maybe it is during the HK FAIR period,the next day they send me to someone's home. Of course,the situation of homestay is good,but you know,staying at someone's family seems very strange.

• 11th Apr 2014
  • China

Great place to staY! Love people working there!

• 5th Apr 2014
  • Poland

I had a single bed room without bathroom. It was a rat whole and smelled like old wet wood. The room was so small, even the toilet was bigger. And that for 40€/ a night. In my opinion it s better to go a little bit out of the centre and have a better room. There are buses and taxis all over hong kong.

This was my first trip to Hong Kong and I loved it. Amy was very helpful and always had a smile on her face. My friend and I enjoyed the hospitality and the location of the hostel was great for easy access to the trains and sites. One thing would be that if you use American plugs, bring an adapter haha. We forgot ours so it was a bit difficult. The beds were comfortable. I think it could be renovated a bit, but for the price and location it was comfortable. Hong Kong in general, was awesome!

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • Saint Lucia

good location,good surrounding.

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • China

The hostel is located in an appartment building on the third floor, which was different from all the other hostels I have been to in China (mainland). Those all had their own building. The staff is very friendly and helpful and I had a nice stay.

Location is excellent, middle of Causeway Bay. People were smoking in the other rooms though which made the block a bit unpleasant for a couple of days. WiFi worked fine for looking up local attractions and booking the next leg of our journey. Welcome to the hostel was friendly. Also, you extended our stay twice at last minute notice, which was appreciated.

I arrived late at night for check in but there was still somebody to help me with check- in. I was satisfied with my stay.

One of the Best Hostels in HK. I stayed in several hostel on Kowloon side before and did not like it. When I got to Wanfat Hostel I could see the diference straight away.

I travel Hong Kong twice a year, This hostel location is definitely the best. Hope next time the wifi signal could be stronger in room.

I mean the Hostel is just a minute walk from the mtr station, bus A11 to the airport , there is a 24 hrs Welcome supermarket just in front of the Hostel. There is also a Park called Victoria park where you can relax after a sight seeing day. I like nature so I spent most of my time chilling in the Park.The wi fi was good in my room.

Recommended. Great location, Wi-Fi (good connection from 3rd floor rooms), morning coffee time good to meet others, good hot showers (but only for a few minutes)., TV had only one boring English channel.. Very clean, good value rooms. Also, 2 terminals for those without devices.

friendly and nice for my time being there, will come back for sure :)

• 10th Mar 2014
  • Colombia

The staff was WONDERFUL. Incredibly helpful and caring. Quite honestly for Hong Kong standards this place is a good value for your money. Its clean, well located, and has what you need. Very recommendable.

Had to stay here just one night because my booking at the other hostel was a bit weird and they had no other rooms apart from a private room for the night, so I paid extra. No problems though, had a window at least in this room! And was cleaned and secure and comfortable, no problems whatsoever. Good stay, you get what you paid for.

I like this hostel, it has the right value for the money. However, there were a couple points of improvement: - We weren't able to open the windows for some fresh air, a lot of condensation on the windows after a night of sleep. - The security person was not friendly at all when I went to get my refund for the keycard and it was not open at 7 am.. So it was very uncomfortable to ask around and knock on doors to get it back. All in all, it gets my upvote :)

• 7th Mar 2014
  • KarimShawi
  • Belgium

Safe and incredibly quiet environment, convenient location close to the MTR and in the middle of Causaway Bay shopping district, friendly and helpful staff. Always a pleasure to come back here.

• 7th Mar 2014

Very friendly staff and willing to help. Clean, excelent location, near train station, buses and tram. We received a free upgrade. I will stay here again.

I felt at home at Wang Fat Hostel. I am going to tell my friends to stay there when they are in Hong Kong.

• 20th Feb 2014
  • Philippines

Staff were very friendly & helpful. Hostel is right around the corner from Causeway Bay station, and just down the road from the Airport Bus stop. Wifi didn't work in the rooms, only in the common area. Each bed had its own powerpoint, which was great. Bed was very squeaky, & walls are very thin. There was often no toilet paper in the bathrooms. I was there in February and the hostel was pretty cold; there wasn't any heating and the window in the common room was always open. Fine for the price.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4