Wang Fat Hostel Reviews

No A1, 2/F, Paterson Bldg., 47 Paterson St., Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Wasn't sure what to expect, however the hotel scores 3/5 for me. Excellent hostel for brief stay, reception staff 5 stars, attentive, helpful & Knowledgeable.

• 8th Sep 2014

Air conditions so bad

• 2nd Sep 2014

Good value for money in HK. Location is great and the hostel has microwave and toaster facilities so you can make your own food if you are on a budget. Mainly four bed rooms. We booked a three bed female dorm but ended up in four bed mixed. Not sure they even have three bed dorms so book the cheaper four bed option. internet is not great and staff could do better in sharing some knowledge about the city.

Not impressed with the intrusive staff (one knocked on the door for nearly a minute straight until I opened it, despite several responses of "just a moment" and "I'm changing"), the toilets beings switched off for several hours a day, or the construction work going on immediately above my head several mornings during my week there. Also had a few more than what I would consider an acceptable number of bugs in the bathroom.

We stayed for 3 nights and it was great. Staff were helpful and the location is great and pretty safe. The rooms are just a bit small though but clean.

• 14th Aug 2014
  • Philippines

Over all a good place for HK. Internet and staff could be better. Supermarket close by and if you are on a budget I recommend having breakfast at King's Cafe on Causeway road next to the library: 23 HK$ for toast, eggs, pasta w. ham and coffee until 11 am (walk down Kingston road, turn right down Gloucester road until you reach Causeway road. Follow the sidewalk a few meters where it turns left around the park. When you see the stairs to cross Causeway road you see the cafe on the other side.)

the staff anny.she is nice.locatiion is good .but wifi is really bad

Here's what happened to me at Wang Fat: (1) They charged me for four nights instead of 3 because I arrived early in the morning when supposedly the room 'wasn't ready'; (2) received one of the biggest shocks of my life when a woman who worked at Wang Fat, using her skeleton key, barged into my room while I was still sleeping and told me that she needed to see me in ten minutes to discuss changing my room; and (3) in the new room, I woke up every morning at 8 due to heavy construction. Terrible.

Good place, but has numerous buildings, so to get from the dorms to the reception you have to get out and walk around a bit. Overall it was nice.

Can't find a better location at that price in Hong Kong. However, big minus for not having WIFI in the room. We had to walk a couple of blocks (10-15min) to get to the hostel reception in order to use wifi and meet other people.

Staff was not the friendliest around and they made us wait during check in for no reason. We just sat there and waited for about half an hour. The lounge was also hot, dark and stuffy and small when everyone was at the same area. The rooms were alright considering the limited land in hong kong. Value for money though because of location.

• 10th Jul 2014
  • Singapore
  • All Male Group, 18-24

- bed was clean but squeaky. - a few forks and knives would help. -big down side, no storage space in the room, hard to fit 3 people with bags and still have room to walk. - could also have done with individual reading lights and a few more power outlets.

Very good location, big rooms for Hong Kong conditions! Seems like the only hostel in Hong Kong with backpacker atmosphere

Everything is so old and dirty, the atmosphere is not the hostel type

• 7th Jun 2014
  • Mexico

It was a fantastic location, right by the busy shopping streets and the subway was a minute walk. However, I was in a different building from the actual hostel, meaning if I wanted to sit and chat in the communal area I had to go down 5 flights, outside, walk a minute, up 3 flights. It wasn't cleaned once and was disgustingly grotty, especially in the shower room, which was 1m squared! The bed was also very uncomfortable and soft, springs all broken. Not for stays longer than a night!

My sheets were dirty, blankets had makeup on it, mold on walls in room

The big dorm room was very hot because the air con unit is so small.

It was okay until checking out, where I couldn't find anyone to give my key to and becaus the hostel is spread over different buildings ended up walking around with my massive bag in the heat trying to find someone and being late for he airport. Had to leave the key with a note which meant I lost my deposit and I've emailed then about getting the money back and they haven't replied. Other than that it's fairly average, I would recommend staying in a cheap hotel though instead.

The only nice and kind thing I found was the receptionist Amy always smiling

The atmosphere was not great to begin with. Then there was a fight with the police involved, which created a lot of tension for the rest of my stay. Also, the 2 small rooms next to me were occupied by the housekeeper and her family (?), so early morning wake up to baby crying. Location is great. Rooms are not bad. Secure building in nice area, but atmosphere and staff could be better. That said, you get your money's worth!

« first « Prev 1 2 3