Wang Fat Hostel Reviews

No A1, 2/F, Paterson Bldg., 47 Paterson St., Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

The atmosphere was not great to begin with. Then there was a fight with the police involved, which created a lot of tension for the rest of my stay. Also, the 2 small rooms next to me were occupied by the housekeeper and her family (?), so early morning wake up to baby crying. Location is great. Rooms are not bad. Secure building in nice area, but atmosphere and staff could be better. That said, you get your money's worth!

Excellent location and friendly staff.

staff were very helpful even with a late check in at 1am. Location was great for visa application and bus to airport as well as tram and metro

Small rooms, squeaky beds, friendly staff, no lockers in rooms (however pretty secure with key cards as keys), great location (close to shops and the subway, easy to get everywhere), great instructions on hostel world to get to the hostel from the airport.

I liked to stay there it's maybe not the cheapest option! But the location is excellent! Not everybody speaks English but the girls at reception pretty good!

Amy, uncle just want to thank you for being very accommodating. I lost my tablet on my last day and the returned it to me whew! Thank you!!!

Very good location - Causeway Bay (however it is hard to find) but our rooms were absolutely not like the ones on the pictures. Really really really (!!) small (we could not even put our backpacks on the floor), dirty and very stinky with no air (claustrophobic go elsewhere!). The flat was dirty too so I suppose that we were expecting more for the price we paid.

Good hostel, hong kong style small but very good value rooms with air con, good bathroom and in-room-wi-fi. the rooms are spread over different floors. reception is on 3rd floor. unfortunately there is no sign mentioning it.

Very nice place - helpful staff and propbably one of very few places in HK which is a REAL hostel (people, living room, rooms etc etc....). Easy to find, clean with comfortable beds and nice people around

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Czech Republic

If you are looking for a private bedroom, choose other hostel... Very hot inside, with broken air conditioning, without Windows and very bad smell. You'll be transfered to other building where is no contact with other guests or staff that speaks English. I've traveled around the world and this is one of the worst hostel I know.

• 12th Apr 2014

the location is ideal and the host upgrade my room in the first night. But maybe it is during the HK FAIR period,the next day they send me to someone's home. Of course,the situation of homestay is good,but you know,staying at someone's family seems very strange.

• 11th Apr 2014
  • China

Each bed needs their own power and light.

Great place to staY! Love people working there!

I had a single bed room without bathroom. It was a rat whole and smelled like old wet wood. The room was so small, even the toilet was bigger. And that for 40€/ a night. In my opinion it s better to go a little bit out of the centre and have a better room. There are buses and taxis all over hong kong.

This was my first trip to Hong Kong and I loved it. Amy was very helpful and always had a smile on her face. My friend and I enjoyed the hospitality and the location of the hostel was great for easy access to the trains and sites. One thing would be that if you use American plugs, bring an adapter haha. We forgot ours so it was a bit difficult. The beds were comfortable. I think it could be renovated a bit, but for the price and location it was comfortable. Hong Kong in general, was awesome!

good location,good surrounding.

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • China

The hostel is located in an appartment building on the third floor, which was different from all the other hostels I have been to in China (mainland). Those all had their own building. The staff is very friendly and helpful and I had a nice stay.

1 2 Next » last »