Wang Fat Hostel Reviews

No A1, 2/F, Paterson Bldg., 47 Paterson St., Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

The hostel is in a great location in HK, you can buy cheap sushi in the supermarket crossing the street, take the metro right down the corner or enjoy the tramway trip to central station. Bed and pillow were comfortable and clean, wifi quite fast. Not the right place to meet new people as common area is very small, and the hostel is splited in two different buildings. Make sure you find a different place if you want to print out something, as they charge 1 usd per page!!!

Cheapest hostel we could find on the internet and it had everything you need if you don't like to stay in your hotel room. The only downsides were that it smelled a bit in the bathroom (coming from the drainage) and the mattresses were not the best, but still ok to sleep. A guy I met there who stays in Hongkong regularly because of visa issues in China where he's working told me that there were actually cheaper hostels but that you wouldn't wanna stay there...

• 30th Jan 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

This place is a hit or miss. Really depends on if you get there when they are full or not. I stayed here twice within a couple of weeks during flight layovers. First time was good in a 4 bunk room with a locker, but second time I was placed in a dank room with no locker. When I asked for a locker, they said too bad, we just don't have it. The room had no ventilation and the bedding was damp. I slept on the couch outside the room. Very tiny public area with lots of unsmiling serious travelers.

Excellent location. Helpful staff. Will stay again.

• 26th Jan 2015

Good stay, good location, friendly staff

Staffs was really nice and friendly, I was stayed at another building, some roommates will bring stranger coming, so I think it's good way for safe to put the camera in the entry.

The hostel is not only in the BEST location in Hong Kong, the manager is the greatest guy around. I've been staying there since 2004 and every time I visit Hong Kong, its Wong Fat Hostel for me. The rooms are super clean, and the kitchen/common room gives a great atmosphere to the place. Definitely very highly recommended.

Good budget stay, will stay again. nice comfy double bed for the single ensuite room

• 3rd Jan 2015
  • Singapore

After reading some of the other reviews, I was expecting the worst but this place really isn't so bad. There is no real hostel vibe going on but the location is perfect (supermarket and public transport very close) and everything is clean.

1 2 Next » last »