Wang Fat Hostel Reviews

No A1, 2/F, Paterson Bldg., 47 Paterson St., Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Great location. Very clean room. My room was windowless, so it meant running the AC when I was in the room. Would be great if they had a personal light against each bed so that the main light need not be turned on. Might want to consider having some utensils like forks, spoons and knives, but I can understand that these are easily taken away, so they could implement some sort of deposit scheme for them. Sam, the host, is a very friendly guy. I enoyed his hospitality a lot.

• 14th Feb 2014
  • Singapore

There's more than two buildings, I got reservation in a room in the main building, but they give it to other and then I have to go to another building where there's nothing like the picture. Wifi was cut off in the midnight, I woke up early in the morning, the drinking water is out, and not suppled until ten. No coffee. Next trip to Hongkong, I'll definitely book another hostel.

• 3rd Feb 2014
  • China

I've stayed at this hostel for many times. The boss is friendly and polite. There're many types of rooms here. I can choose the most suitable one easily. The location is also very easy to reach, close to the subway. And it's a good place for shopping!

• 20th Jan 2014
  • China

Location is amazing. Strange set up with having to go to separate buildings. The main check in lobby is quite small, and it makes it hard to find a spot to mingle with other travelers.

I never expected a hostel to be this good in the centre of hong kong island. It has a really good atmosphere, a very friendly and welcoming staff and nice people. Has definitly contributed to my amazing stay here in HK!

Theyre having a same hostel but different name.. called HK hostel with better,cleaner and newest room.. overall its OK

• 5th Jan 2014
  • Indonesia

Solid hostel in HK. Slightly above average with what you should overall expect from a hostel in HK. Very friendly staff - Amy was awesome!! Would recommend this hostel.

There is only one water heater serving 4 rooms (10+ people if full). If you meet the rush hour, you have to take cold shower in winter. The blanket is not long enough. I'm 172cm, can't imagine the tall guys. Others were all fine.

The fact that the whole building is plastered with notices that it is not allowed to have a hostal in the building is not really a welcoming sign. And it would be nice to have a bit more cups, plates, forks, spoons etc. in the lounge area. There was hardly anything there...

• 30th Dec 2013

Nice and clean. In other respects just an average hostel. Staff very friendly but unsure or incorrect about some travel information.

I booked a double bed room but somehow I got a single-bed one.They charged me for the double-bed price and I'm not vey happy about this. I was led to another place after check-in because the whole place was full(They should have let me know before). The room was small but clean and quiet. Overall I was OK with everything. Hong Kong is a crowded city itself, so this is pretty much what you pay for.

This place has a great atmosphere! I met so many interesting people in the common area, and the facilities were perfectly adequate for a budget place to stay.

• 21st Dec 2013

Good location. Friendly and helpfull staff. But sometimes the wifi doesnt work.

Really clean, room was big for hong kong (big plus). We stayed in the dorm in the building B, didn't have no connection with the staff or with the hostel....it kinda felt like an apartment with 9 roommates-it was cool!

I have three recommendations to make this better: I was instructed to turn the boiler 10 minutes before showering. I found that the hot water only lasted a few minutes, even if I turned the boiler on hours before showering. Replace this with on-demand power-shower. Like these: http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/803978995/Electric_instant_power_showers.html Please install more power sockets. One in the corner on the floor isn't enough. Please install lockable lockers.

Everyone was very helpful;would stay there again!

• 17th Dec 2013

Overall a good hostel -- main issue was with water heaters in the shower. You have to turn them on and let them warm up for about 10 minutes before you shower if you want hot water, and then it only lasts a few minutes before returning to ice cold water. The place is a bit cramped but so is the rest of Hong Kong. There's not a lot of communal space for meeting other travelers, and we were placed in a different building across the street, but overall still a good experience.

Price shot up more than double on the weekend made it unaffordable. Staff were rude. Otherwise ok.

Even if the facilities can be improved I had a nice stay here. The atmosphere and the staff are nice.

Reason why people come: location + maybe the price, even if it seems expensive, but location is really in a calm, chic & pedestrian street. Subway, buses, taxis, trams etc are just 30sec walk! The staff could be more "cheerful", but it is ok. Lobby is THE place to be, you'll find friends there for sure ! Dorms are good instead of some private rooms which are not all the same size...Plus, DOOR HANGERS "DO NOT DISTURB" should be available in private rooms, as well as a TOWEL at least !