Wang Fat Hostel Reviews

No A1, 2/F, Paterson Bldg., 47 Paterson St., Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Staff were very friendly & helpful. Hostel is right around the corner from Causeway Bay station, and just down the road from the Airport Bus stop. Wifi didn't work in the rooms, only in the common area. Each bed had its own powerpoint, which was great. Bed was very squeaky, & walls are very thin. There was often no toilet paper in the bathrooms. I was there in February and the hostel was pretty cold; there wasn't any heating and the window in the common room was always open. Fine for the price.

Great location. Very clean room. My room was windowless, so it meant running the AC when I was in the room. Would be great if they had a personal light against each bed so that the main light need not be turned on. Might want to consider having some utensils like forks, spoons and knives, but I can understand that these are easily taken away, so they could implement some sort of deposit scheme for them. Sam, the host, is a very friendly guy. I enoyed his hospitality a lot.

• 14th Feb 2014
  • Singapore

There's more than two buildings, I got reservation in a room in the main building, but they give it to other and then I have to go to another building where there's nothing like the picture. Wifi was cut off in the midnight, I woke up early in the morning, the drinking water is out, and not suppled until ten. No coffee. Next trip to Hongkong, I'll definitely book another hostel.

• 3rd Feb 2014