Wang Fat Hostel Reviews

No A1, 2/F, Paterson Bldg., 47 Paterson St., Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

For HongKong city center, the hostel is not bad choice. Wifi is very good.

great place to stay when your on a budget. the staff are accomodating and the facilities are just right... and the most important thing is you are at the heart of Causway Bay area

• 28th Nov 2013
  • Philippines

great location near transpiration, 24 hour grocery store and Victoria Park.

I've heard that the hostels in Hong Kong a small and that many rooms not eaven have a window and the price is higher than somewhere else, so was mine. I would say a average hostel in Hong Kong, but I was really disappointed when I saw the bathroom. It was not clean at all. Mold was everywhere, so I tried not touching anything. With my bed lines I'm not sure if they where new or not, I found hair everywhere. But at least the stuff was helpfull.

I stayed in private ensuite room for 3 days Plus: -very convenient location well connected by mtr, bus and tram -room and bathroom are surprisingly very clean, they cleaned mine everyday -not noisy although located in a busy street -cinema just across the street!! -very hospitable and helpful staff -overall very good value for HK Minus: -room is small (it's standard in HK though) -bed is hard -mirror could be bigger

I stayed in a 3 bed female dorm which was a 3 room apartment each with 2 bunks, just down from the main building with the reception, common area etc. It was a really nice set up, very homely with a comfy living room, kitchen and good wifi. In a very affluent commercial area and felt very secure. Code access and porter in building, 2 doors to apartment and rooms locked on exit, lockers were available if you had or purchased a padlock.

Worst hostel I ever stayed in, and overpriced. From what I heard, all hostels in HK are crappy and this one simply confirmed this. It is just an apartment with as much beds as possible cramped in. The 10-bed dorm room is in the living room, it has no common room. Interacting with fellow travelers is next to impossible because everbody escapes as soon as they are awake. Do yourself a favor and book a better place, even when it is more expensive. Beware: all places at Paterson st. are the same org

We spent 5 nights in the hostel and met nice people. Except of the fact that our toilet had no flush for one day (caused by the whole building and not by the hostel itself) and we have slept in a 6+3 room instead of a 6 room, we had a nice, cheap, well-located, and clean hostel.

Nice hostel, good find after some of the horror stories I had read! It was like a small apartment with a microwave! Could do with a kettle! There were some strange characters there but apart from that all was good! Staff were in nice and helpful :-)

The location is extremely convenient and the staff are nice enough, but most of the time the toilets were absolutely filthy and/or out of toilet paper, one night they stopped working for hours and wouldn't flush. It's also extremely noisy if you get a room facing the road to the point where I basically didn't sleep at all for four nights. Not the hostels fault, but something that should be considered if you find it hard to sleep. It is very cheap though, so you get what you pay for!

Had a very pleasant one night stay at Wang Fat Hostel. Extremely good location and the ensuite single was more than worth it. My only recommendation to achieve a higher feedback rating is to install thicker doors (or insulate them) to reduce noise from the hallway and to work on cleanliness (Minor mold on shower curtain and some rust around the sink base). The TV worked, but did not have any functioning channels + the remote control did not work as batteries had ran out. Overall very happy.

It was good for this price, easy to find it and good location. The room was clean, with hot water and tv, fridge,... So good for this price...

nice place, great location had a nice big room, comfy beds, staff were nice, not really a hostel to meet people but if your there just to see the place and shop its a great option, definitely recommend

Much better than Chunking (spelling) mansion. Clean, safe, muy bueno. I'll stay here every time in HK.

• 16th Nov 2013

This hostel was in a great area of hong kong, in the heart of the shopping district of the island and around the corner from Causeway Bay MTR station. The price was great, but the bed was the hardest I've ever slept in and my feet hung off the end of the mattress and I'm only 5'3! Also, printing was $10 HKD a page - I couldn't believe it was so expensive (and I wouldn't have printed my flight details if I'd known how much it cost!)

Maybe the male staff can be more polite and helpful when people has some enquiry. Female staffs are mostly helpful and polite with a smile. Room wise was very neat and tidy, keep it up.

• 15th Nov 2013
  • Singapore

Good location, clean. I can just recommend it.

When I checked in a young lady (wear eyeglasses) told me no credit card charge, but I still paid cash. Next day, I figured out cash not enough, another lady (ms guo) charged me 6% to have my money back. She may be not wrong, but the policy is not consistent, I feel not comfortable,

The room didn't have a window. The bed was so incredibly hard, that I could barely sleep. At least it was kind of clean. Hostels in Hongkong are not comparable with those of other cities in China. The one in Shanghai was half of the price and felt like a 4* hotel compared to the hostels in Hongkong.

The room rates at this hostel is great value given its prime location at Causeway Bay. With a private ensuite, u get ur own mini bar fridge, which is great for stocking up on ur own drinks and snacks. It is much quieter here and I feel there's greater privacy here than other hostels I've stayed in HK. Overall, I'd enjoyed my stay here and would def stay here again.