Warung Coco Hostel Reviews

Jalan Majapahit, Kuta, Indonesia

Great pool area. Nice breakfast and helpful staff. Good and cheap food and drink served all day. Bathroom was very smelly. Stepped on a cockroach walking into the room.

Awesome small hostel. Would have liked more than one juice with breakfast and nengah is my absolute favourite!

Great place off the main party road. Quiet, no banging music, nice pool, staff is very friendly, good restaurants near by. Cons. Wifi signal is poor.... But hey maybe thats a good thing. :)

• 25th Jan 2016

I booked in a 4-bed female dorm. After I had paid my money, I was taken 300 metres down a lane, past Warung Coco, to an old building (not part of the Warung Coco property) - past 13 other non-Coco properties. The building had 2-bed old rooms, and was beside Jalan Mataram - a very noisy road used 2-way by motorbikes (hard to sleep there). At 11 pm, there was a knock at the door - new guest with no key. She went away to the pool (at W. Coco), with no key to get into the room. I decided to leave.

The bathroom smelt really bad and the shower was awful! The wifi didn't work in the rooms but the staff were really friendly.

Very relaxing and located just a bit from the vibrating Kuta. The pool is awesome and breakfast really nice. The staff is very funny and helpfull.

I love this hostel and i'll keep coming back

• 29th Dec 2015
  • Finland

Soo... first in finnish the main point! Markkinahintaset Bintangit allas-baarista! (Y) Very Goood!! Food was also tasty and the prices weren't too bad! Whichever breakfast you'd choose, you couldn't go wrong! Solid I'd say ! Mie coreng especially - very delicious all in all =) Rooms were kept clean and the atmosphere there in total was very chillax and positive :) We would definitely come again ! Also it was secury to leave you're stuff to the room so don't worry!

Love this hostel, staff are the nicest people and the pool is lovely, more like a hotel than a hostel! Breakfast is great, pancakes, omelette etc free water is a bonus. Location is ok, quite far from beach (20 - 30 mins walk) we hired a scooter which made it much easier. Rooms are nice and cleaned every day. We came back 3 times during our stay in Indonesia we liked it so much!

This shud b a 4 star plus really nice rooms, good pool and nice food, staff really happy to help a good walk to beach nut theres short cuts, i will definitely cone bk love bali

Traveled with a friend. Hostel was very clean and had a great relaxing vibe to it. The pool was definitely the best part of our stay. However, security was an issue. Right when we got back to the room in the afternoon, the door was not only left unlocked but was not closed properly as well right after housekeeping was done. Giving the benefit of the doubt, we decided against reporting despite friend noticing a significant sum of money was missing. WiFi in the rooms are only activated after 5pm.

I love my Stay :) lovely pool view room & friendly staff. Especially Mama coco, the pool is brand new & clean. Would defiantly recommend this place.

Rooms are clean with a/c and fridge, you can borrow towels. Bathrooms are little and a bit smelly, but still working alright. You can choose in-between 4 breakfast options and you get an orange drink (far away from juice!!) or fresh fruits on top. Pretty big pool with loads of sunbeds. Internet works in some areas, never reliable anyway. Most of the staff are really nice. 20 minutes walk to the beach. Nice pizza next door. Although we didn't like Kuta would recommend this hostel!

This hostel was disgusting! My room was outside of the hostel area. About 300 meter away. In the description wasn't anything written about that. I wanted to change the room cause i didnt want to stay so far away. The receptionist told me it is not possible so i wrote the manager. At the next morning he wrote back that i tried to cheat?! Really weird and much more annoying. Never again.

• 28th Oct 2015

I see your measuring skills are like your review vastly exagerated ?, you tried every way you could to try and get an upgraded room by the pool for free rather than do what normal people do and pay the extra, and your 300 meter, i would seek help if i were you for using and understanding measurements as the dorm rooms are clearly stated outside the pool area a few second, you booked a same day booking then claimed you booked the wrong date ??? and would we please allow you to change which we did

Great pool. Lots of free breakfast options and lunch food is really nice.

• 24th Oct 2015

This was OK. Great pool and breakfast was good. But the bathroom smelt terrible and the room felt a bit dinghy. Location wasn't great - v far from the beach and quite noisy. Still, it was v cheap so can't complain too much. Staff at breakfast were really friendly.

Overall, Warung Coco was a pleasant stay. The pool area was beautiful, very quiet and in beautiful gardens. free breakfast (fresh fruit, tea/coffee, juice, omelette/pancakes/noodles) was very nice. Staff were very polite and always greeted us with a smile. The downsides are wifi works only in the reception & room was not as it looks on their photos. Room smelt terrible. Bathroom unclean/old.

• 15th Oct 2015

Great hostel with a good location away from the hustle and bustle I the main streets but only a five minute walk to get to that area. Room was great, swimming pool was lovely and the staff were more than welcoming and friendly. My only complaint was that the television in my room did not work.

• 14th Oct 2015

I stayed here for my last few nights before flying out of Bali. Room was really clean, really comfy bed and possibly the best Aircon in 5 months of Asia! The staff were great and greeted me each morning by name, a lovely touch. Pool was great, and plenty of space for loungers too. It was about a 10 minute walk from all the action but even on my own as a female, it wasn't a bad walk at all. Great stay.

Really nice room and great to meet people by the pool Really enjoyed breakfast choice