Warung Coco Poppies 2 Reviews

Poppies Lane 2, Gang Gora 7, Kuta, Indonesia

Lovely staff. Good location on quiet street. But rooms are not very soundproof, so noises echo through the windows. Especially the chicken family next door.

We had a lovely stay at Coco Poppies Two. If you want to be in the centre of Kuta's nightlife, I'd recommend it. It is very close the the main strip with bars and restaurants. We had a lovely, clean air conditioned room. Breakfast was freshly made and we were given a choice. Staff were very friendly indeed and did all they could be helpful without 'pushing' services or selling at us. Unlike the rest of Bali.

Unfortunately the other reviewers experiences of stealing also happened to me. Fairly sure it is the female cleaner who also cooks the breakfast that is the culprit. She went through my things and stole money out of my money belt. Also as stated by others the wi-fi is non existent. A shame that these things spoiled an otherwise pleasant stay.

• 15th Sep 2014

Decent hotel, a little noisy but that's to be expected considering the location (which otherwise is excellent).

The room was nice and big enough with hot water shower, AC and some outside space. It is very close tonthe clubs and about 10min walking to the beach. Breakfast was okay, some fruits would be nice! The cleaning was good, if done. But there was no cleaning every day. You have to lock your stuff inside the room im a bag because some of our money and a watch got stolen, probably by the staff!! And we were not the only one's who had this experience! I don't think we would go there again!

In reply to your accusation about my staff stealing your money and watch ? i can guarantee you 100% my staff would do no such thing, i have quizzed my staff about this review and they told me that you ordered them not to clean the room unless you were there why they did, also they tell me you or your sister had a local boyfriend in the room so there is the answer to your problem, we prefer our guests to let local gigalos into the rooms as they are renowed for stealing. we supply safety boxes.

A nice quiet place in the hussell of kutu except for the rosters. No a party hostel but plenty of young people to meet.

Good hostel, has everything you need. Nothing more, nothing less.

Very good staff, Clean, close to Kuta Beach

You won't get any sleep! Internet doesn't work! There's a rooster making noises all night, even with ear plugs you won't get any sleep. The staff reset the Internet router but still the wifi doesn't work. I would stay somewhere else next time.

Very good hostel. For this price, it's hard to find something better in Kuta. The WiFi was not working very well when we were there that the only bad point. In general, we really appreciated our stay at Coco Poppies

Had some trouble with the cleaning lady stealing money out of our wallet that was purposely hidden. Otherwise the place is lovely. Close enough to everything yet far enough from the noise. More like a hotel than a hostel. Rents DVD's for free.

Tucked away down a little side street you are off the main strip but but dont expect it to be quiet! All rooms face onto communal area which is very noisy and goes on until the very early hours! Not helped by the weak and flimsy doors on the rooms which are niether sound proof or secure. Also wi fi was absolutely useless-no one could connect while we were there. Only plus side is the rooms are very clean and spacious with aircon.

Convenient location but area is quite dodgy. Not the best place to stay if you want to have a quiet night sleep. We only stayed for a night and asked for a second towel more than once but never got it.

Places in Kuta are a little more expensive than the rest of Bali and provide less. Poppies is close to the bars and the beach. It's clean and a comfy place to stay after a night at the clubs. It's not bad but I probably would not stay again.

View all Kuta Bed and Breakfasts