Washington DC House Reviews

506 H Street NE, Washington DC, USA

This hostel is AMAZING. I felt at home, made friends with the staff and other stayers alike, after 3 days felt very much part of the team. Comfy beds, clean bathrooms, the works!! Best hostel in the states! Stay here!

• 17th Apr 2015

Staff was great. The facility was great for the money you were paying. Location was only $10 taxi ride from the monuments and just a walk up H street to some nice bars. Big board across the street has an amazing chicken sandwich with habanero sauce to die for. I'd stay again if it was just me partying like I did this past weekend.

Just awesome :)

• 17th Apr 2015

Would recommend this hostel!

Close to union station and short walk to capital hill. Staff were friendly. common area has row of plug sockets available on table which was useful. 4 person dorm was small when fully occupied, e.g - not a lot of space for sorting through bags (had to resist not sitting on other guests beds). Not enough bathrooms. Had to wait for bathroom every morning even when woke up 8.00. Code for door but Individual rooms not lockable.

The staff were respectful and the place was clean. I would have appreciated a faster check-in as I had plans that evening and the front desk (although well-intentioned) kept small-taking on. The value for money was excellent!

Good to stay in mixed dorm room 12 beds.

For the price, some sort of breakfast should be included.

Overall decent hostel. Has activities everynight and two free beer happy hour which helps to get ppl to know each other. No breakfast or computers - it seems like DC hostels arent top notch with amneties. Fairly close enought to union station. Overall, ok/good hostel. Nice staff

A bit far from the city center. Around 15-20 minutes walk from the Capitol and Union Station. Internet is slow in the rooms! But nice to meet up with other travelers. When I was there, I could not sleep well because of the very loud snores of two other travelers. I wish there is a separate room for those who snore!

• 1st Apr 2015
  • Philippines

Wifi was non existent. Loud. Staff were cool and inviting though.

• 28th Mar 2015
  • Thailand

I had a great stay. The staff were very helpful and friendly, and the location just some 15 minutes walk from the Capitol and Union Station made it easy to get just about anywhere. I would definitely stay there again.

• 26th Mar 2015
  • Denmark

Better WiFi would make me happy.

• 25th Mar 2015
  • Poland

great staff. It's a 25min walk to the Mall but doable and the atmosphere is very social

The staff was awesome. I was only there 1 night, but felt like part of the family. I wasn't left out of activities, and it was an awesome time. Wish I stayed longed!

• 14th Mar 2015

Excellent hostel. The staff was very helpful and kind. The location is very good, and near a metro station. The hostel in general is very clean. I have nothing to complain about.

I had a great stay here at Washington DC house! The bathrooms and kitchen were always clean, beds were comfy, the living room was big and warm and the whole place felt a little like at home! The staff were great and there was always a lot around, which is great when you need help. Ysa and Olum (sorry about the spelling girls!) were AWESOME; had a great time with them!! The 2 free beers each night was an added bonus!

I have to say this is my best favorite hostel in the East Coast in the US! The rooms are clean and I met so many friends there. One thing that impressed me a lot are the staff there. They just can not be more friendly and helpful! It's really a pity that I did not take a photo with them all! Woo, last thing is, the wifi on 3 floor did not work well but perfect performance downstairs. in the kitchen

Very nice hostel, it is super clean, features _huge_ bathrooms and an exceptionally nice staff. Highly recommended!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4