Washington DC House Reviews

506 H Street NE, Washington DC, USA

Small hostel ran by awesome staff. Great place to get to know other travelers, you can bond over happy hour, some wii games, or netflix. This place really feels like a home. Located near many awesome restaurants and a supermarket for convenience. One point taken off for facilities - little things such as restroom walls, lack of bedside reading lamps, can be improved upon. Awesome experience and will definitely miss this place!

This hostel was really great. Upon checking in, one of the staff members seemed a bit unfriendly towards myself and my two friends. However, when we came back later, he was gone and a new girl had taken over. Her name was Jade and she was awesome! The hostel is very clean and the beds are comfortable. It wasn't loud at all. We had a great time. I would definitely recommend staying here.

Very convenient location - walking distance from train station and capitol hill. Staff were welcoming and friendly with an event each evening to get to know them and other guests in the hostel. I had an excellent time.

• 23rd Apr 2015

This hostel is AMAZING. I felt at home, made friends with the staff and other stayers alike, after 3 days felt very much part of the team. Comfy beds, clean bathrooms, the works!! Best hostel in the states! Stay here!

• 17th Apr 2015

Staff was great. The facility was great for the money you were paying. Location was only $10 taxi ride from the monuments and just a walk up H street to some nice bars. Big board across the street has an amazing chicken sandwich with habanero sauce to die for. I'd stay again if it was just me partying like I did this past weekend.

Just awesome :)

• 17th Apr 2015

Best hostel. The staff is particularly great - helpful, friendly and accommodating. Had so much fun here.

This is my very first time staying in a mixed room hostel and I had a great experience! The room was clean, the facilities were clean too, the location is very close to place that I visited (US Capitol, Smithsonian Museum, White House, etc), friendly staff (Savino's so kind and funny!!), and I got a new friends from here. I'll definitely stay here again, if I'm in DC.

Definitely recommend. not much to look at but really nice staff, activities every night, a happy hour of 2 free beers makes it easy to meet people. also they have Mario cart on a Wii. common area is just a big sofa but it makes everyone to hang out which is good. nice big rooms and bathrooms but lockers are just for like small bags not suitcases not that I was ever worried about theft. have laundry but was broken when I was there - only a few blocks to a laundromat though so not a big deal.

Great staff! Clean hostel and good location. Definitely recommend!

• 14th Apr 2015

Excellent, clean hostel! Staff was amazing especially Savino and Dave! Thanks for an awesome stay!

Everyone was very friendly making it feel like home.

Would recommend this hostel!

a little wifi disconnection in third floor sometimes. But still, it is a great house I stay! wonderful location and quite atmosphere to let the traveler enjoy his/her jorney. Thank you for the past 3 days' accommodation.

• 9th Apr 2015
  • China

Close to union station and short walk to capital hill. Staff were friendly. common area has row of plug sockets available on table which was useful. 4 person dorm was small when fully occupied, e.g - not a lot of space for sorting through bags (had to resist not sitting on other guests beds). Not enough bathrooms. Had to wait for bathroom every morning even when woke up 8.00. Code for door but Individual rooms not lockable.

Everyone was great and super helpful. Dave provided great suggestions on places to eat and things to see during my stay. Great place and I would totally recommend to anyone about to explore DC.

• 7th Apr 2015

The staff were respectful and the place was clean. I would have appreciated a faster check-in as I had plans that evening and the front desk (although well-intentioned) kept small-taking on. The value for money was excellent!

Good to stay in mixed dorm room 12 beds.

For the price, some sort of breakfast should be included.

Overall decent hostel. Has activities everynight and two free beer happy hour which helps to get ppl to know each other. No breakfast or computers - it seems like DC hostels arent top notch with amneties. Fairly close enought to union station. Overall, ok/good hostel. Nice staff

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4