Washington DC House Reviews

506 H Street NE, Washington DC, USA

Thank you to the staff at DC House - this place is an incredible place to stay with friends or on your own! Very welcoming environment and fun staff here. The common room is great with games and films happening all the time! Shout out to my girls Allania and Queen!

• 29th Jul 2015

There needs to be a toilet without a shower included on the second or third floor. Waiting times are not practical for the large number of beds on each floor.

I am impressed by the tidy environment in this hostel. Unlike other hostels, I saw staff clean the environment all the time. Also, they have rules for quiet time and food. This is very thoughtful, especially for those staying Ina 12-bed room.

Awesome staff, always had fun activities going on and was within walking distance to all the monuments.

A cute little hostel the atmosphere is very personal and friendly the staff are very nice and get to know you. Good facilities the only issue was that the toilets and showers are in a cubicle together so when you need to go in the morning it can be a struggle because everyone is showering and the only toilet without a shower is in the kitchen which was not close to my dorm. It's about a 20 minute walk from the capital building but a very short walk from union station and a good supermarket near.

My time at the hostel good apart from the racist white old guy,with his comments. Most of the people where cool,doing there thing

• 3rd Jul 2015
  • Jamaica

The staff here at DC House are fantastic! They are incredibly helpful and are ALWAYS around. The neighborhood where DC House is located is fantastic! Such a cute and safe neighborhood. There is a grocery store/pharmacy two blocks down the road and it's a ten minute walk from Union Station. The only things I would say need improvement would be the outlet situation in the 12 mixed bedroom as well as the lights.

Very impressed with the staff, very friendly, helpful, knowledgable. Very impressed how they encourage guests to mingle. Only stayed for two nights, but was very happy with everything.

Nice and clean hostel located close to Union station and all sights in walking distance.

The best bit about this hostel is the staff, so much so I felt like a minor celebrity when I walked in through the door! Everyone so polite and it is a good walking distance from all attractions. It's not got the flashiest facilities and is perhaps a bit pricey, but I felt at home there and would stay again.

Unbelievably unprofessional and unhelpful staff. Six of them playing video games in the living room, taking up all the shared space, making fun of guests, swearing all the time. They never clean anything, just spray Febreze everywhere—including on the counters! Everything smells like mold and sweat.

• 21st Jun 2015

No complaints other than the fact that it wasn't very clean.

Such a friendly place with all the facilities you expect and a comfy bed. Location is really convenient too. I will definitely stay again.

Don't let the front of the hostel scare you off, As soon as we got to the hostel we were welcomed in open arms! Very happy with the employees and especially the lovely girl who checked us and made us aware of what to see and where to go. They offer a happy hour and daily activities which was cool. This is a smaller hostel and the toilets and bathrooms are limited in space but the size of the rooms and price makes up for it. Thanks from three unorganised Australians

• 15th Jun 2015

I was only here for one night and spent most of the time outside. We dropped out bags then didn't check in until 2-3am. The area at night was safe, our bags were safe in the hallway, and the staff was great. Also it was secure to get in.

With the only doors that lock being the front doors and these generally not shutting the hostel is not really secure. The staff are in general friendly with exceptions whose actions were between casual indifference to plain rude

I generally enjoyed my stay at Washington DC House. Security could be better (only locks on the door to enter the hostel), though there were lockers available for your valuable possessions. Everything was clean, though the bathroom and furniture were a bit outdated and worn out. The staff made up for all this, most of them were really friendly and helpfull.

Just stayed there for 2 nites. The location is a bit far away from station around 20 mins walk, but once u know the way it's much easier to get around. The price is affordable! The bathroom is clean, but the bed was too soft for me and unluckily that I got some bed bugs in my bed. Even she gave me the new bed sheet, it didn't help much! My legs were hurt. I don't think I will stay there again~

Muito bom Hostel, pertinho da Union Station e do National Mall, o pessoal muito atencioso e legal, curti e recomendo!

I had a great stay at this hostel - great atmosphere, nice and helpful staff, and a wonderful stay. I really like a a hostel to actively help travelers to meet other travelers, not just to be a place for them to sleep.

• 4th Jun 2015