Washington DC House

8.5
Fabulous 830 Total Reviews

• USA, Female, 31-40
18th Mar 2017

This was my first stay ever in a hostel and it was a great experience! I am a woman who was travelling solo for work and the hostel was perfect for my needs. The staff were very friendly, I felt safe and welcomed, the beds were pretty comfortable and there were plenty of bathrooms and space to eat and relax. It's also right next to two bike-share stations which made it easy to hop a ride down to see the sights . I definitely recommend staying here! Thank you!

13th Mar 2017

This is a fantastic hostel - perfectly clean, free delicious breakfast sundays, good meeting space on ground floor, lockers for valuables

• England, Female, 18-24
12th Mar 2017
2.6

The worst hostel I've ever stayed in. Main problem was there wasn't enough bathrooms for the number of people they have staying there so there were queues every morning for the showers. Also, the wifi hardly works. In addition the room I stayed in was far too small for 6 beds and the staff would come in at midnight to loudly empty the rubbish bins sometimes which goes against their 10pm-10am quiet policy (which no one seems to stick/ enforce. Holes in walls, smelly and not enough plug sockets.

• ruth315
  • England, All Female Group, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
11th Mar 2017
4.0

There were no locks on the rooms, nowhere near enough bathrooms for the number of guests and the receptionist decided that 12:10am was a good time to knock on our door and change the trash bag, despite having done that at 10pm. Overall not a great experience.

• Ireland, Male, 18-24
11th Mar 2017

Everything was great had so much fun with Jessica, Michael, Bobby and Andre. Can't wait to come back again

• USA, Male, 18-24
6th Mar 2017

A fantastic hostel with an energetic staff, great location, and fantastic environment. Would recommend this place to anyone visiting the DC area!

• Australia, Male, 25-30
6th Mar 2017
6.9

Pretty average experience here. I had another guest sleep in my bed 3 times. In fairness, the staff tried to remedy the issue every time promptly, but it really shouldn't happen at all. Everytime I moved to a new bed... someone just appeared to magically be in it... Anyways besides that - the wi-fi signal in the room was too weak. There is no reason a place that charges these rates should have poor wi-fi connectivity. Positives - Location & Cleanliness :)

• Australia, Female, 18-24
23rd Feb 2017

I think that the staff were very friendly and would offer to help whenever they could. It was great that we could leave our luggage before and after check in/out. The activities planned for each night are a good way for people traveling alone to meet other travelers. Happy hour also a positive. Super great location. Busses/streetcar/bikes available within walking distance. What I didn't like was being woken up by the sound of mice in the room. Other than that, I had a great time!

• USA, Female, 25-30
20th Feb 2017
4.6

MICE. I repeat, MICE! I woke up last night to squealing and scratching underneath my bunk bed, and it went on all night. The following morning another person sleeping in the same room said he tried to get video during the day, because he had seen THREE mice INSIDE my suitcase earlier. I had no food in there either. Now I have a lovely hole in the netting inside my carry on luggage. I told the girl at the front and she did nothing about it except to say "yeah, this is why you can't bring food"

• Argentina, Male, 25-30
13th Feb 2017

The place was very warm and clean. The room areas were quiet and away from the living room. The best part was the staff, each and everyone was very welcoming, funny and helpful. They had daily activities such as comedy night, ice skating and walking tours. They made my stay a lot easier and entertaining. I really recommend staying here! 😀