Washington DC House Reviews

506 H Street NE, Washington DC, USA

Unbelievably unprofessional and unhelpful staff. Six of them playing video games in the living room, taking up all the shared space, making fun of guests, swearing all the time. They never clean anything, just spray Febreze everywhere—including on the counters! Everything smells like mold and sweat.

• 21st Jun 2015

Such a friendly place with all the facilities you expect and a comfy bed. Location is really convenient too. I will definitely stay again.

Don't let the front of the hostel scare you off, As soon as we got to the hostel we were welcomed in open arms! Very happy with the employees and especially the lovely girl who checked us and made us aware of what to see and where to go. They offer a happy hour and daily activities which was cool. This is a smaller hostel and the toilets and bathrooms are limited in space but the size of the rooms and price makes up for it. Thanks from three unorganised Australians

• 15th Jun 2015

I was only here for one night and spent most of the time outside. We dropped out bags then didn't check in until 2-3am. The area at night was safe, our bags were safe in the hallway, and the staff was great. Also it was secure to get in.

With the only doors that lock being the front doors and these generally not shutting the hostel is not really secure. The staff are in general friendly with exceptions whose actions were between casual indifference to plain rude

I generally enjoyed my stay at Washington DC House. Security could be better (only locks on the door to enter the hostel), though there were lockers available for your valuable possessions. Everything was clean, though the bathroom and furniture were a bit outdated and worn out. The staff made up for all this, most of them were really friendly and helpfull.

Just stayed there for 2 nites. The location is a bit far away from station around 20 mins walk, but once u know the way it's much easier to get around. The price is affordable! The bathroom is clean, but the bed was too soft for me and unluckily that I got some bed bugs in my bed. Even she gave me the new bed sheet, it didn't help much! My legs were hurt. I don't think I will stay there again~

Muito bom Hostel, pertinho da Union Station e do National Mall, o pessoal muito atencioso e legal, curti e recomendo!

I had a great stay at this hostel - great atmosphere, nice and helpful staff, and a wonderful stay. I really like a a hostel to actively help travelers to meet other travelers, not just to be a place for them to sleep.

• 4th Jun 2015
  • Israel

The Washington DC House is in a nice location, and is a pleasant walk away from the Capitol and the Mall Monuments. The hostel itself needs a bit of upkeep, especially to the bathrooms which were limited themselves. The room I stayed in had a lack of working plug sockets, and was a bit too small for the number of beds. The hostel staff were friendly, however I would only stay here again for the location. The no shoe policy was a bit irritating, and the hostel could be cleaner.

The staff at this hostel make this place amazing! I felt right at home straight away and didn't want to leave. Big thanks to Jude, Dylan, Savino, Caroline and Ysa! (And François)

The Hostel wasn't in the greatest of locations. Bed sheets were dirty, room had holes in the walls. Bathroom was outdated, and dirty, blocked plug in the shower. Wifi didn't work for the most of the time. Area was a bit unsafe.

• 29th May 2015

Great Hostel right by Union Station bus stop/train station. Bus stop outside hostel takes you to all the main sights and Chinatown! Clean comfortable hostel & bathrooms, dorms have AC. Great chill-out living room with guitars comfortable couches, Netflix, Xbox, Wifi. Weather report, Kitchen, organised events such as pub crawls and informative tours of local area all put on by hard-working and friendly staff. Was only there a night but would definitely return! Dylan, Caroline and Jude- thank you!

• 28th May 2015

Dorms are of decent size for a small hostel but clean. Location is accessible to public transport and bike share. It is also near all the known spots in DC (can be reached by bike or walking). Staff are very accommodating and they make the stay really worth it. Activities also provided like a night tours of the area.i

Thanks for the good stay!

The room are a little bit too small. One was forced to put the bags in the floor.

Such a nice atmosphere at this hostel, and it's within walking distance of all the main tourist sights. Just what you want in a hostel!

Showers were great! Hot water and high water pressure. Some of the wall sockets in my room did not work.

• 24th May 2015
  • Malaysia

First experience of staying in a hostel and my boyfriend and I both loved it - loads of opportunities to be social with staff & guests in the evening - something different going on every night. Lovely atmosphere as it was very easy to be as social or antisocial as you like. It's a bit of a walk to the main tourist area but there's a cheap/regular bus service from just outside the door. The staff were amazing, fab people (:

I really enjoy to stay in the hotel. I would advice to have bigger lockers and its can be stay in the room. The staff are friendly and the accomondations were fine. The hotel is near to the mais cities sights what was good.

• 23rd May 2015