Washington DC House

8.7
Fabulous 815 Total Reviews

• Australia, Female, 18-24
23rd Feb 2017

I think that the staff were very friendly and would offer to help whenever they could. It was great that we could leave our luggage before and after check in/out. The activities planned for each night are a good way for people traveling alone to meet other travelers. Happy hour also a positive. Super great location. Busses/streetcar/bikes available within walking distance. What I didn't like was being woken up by the sound of mice in the room. Other than that, I had a great time!

• USA, Female, 25-30
20th Feb 2017
4.6

MICE. I repeat, MICE! I woke up last night to squealing and scratching underneath my bunk bed, and it went on all night. The following morning another person sleeping in the same room said he tried to get video during the day, because he had seen THREE mice INSIDE my suitcase earlier. I had no food in there either. Now I have a lovely hole in the netting inside my carry on luggage. I told the girl at the front and she did nothing about it except to say "yeah, this is why you can't bring food"

• Argentina, Male, 25-30
13th Feb 2017

The place was very warm and clean. The room areas were quiet and away from the living room. The best part was the staff, each and everyone was very welcoming, funny and helpful. They had daily activities such as comedy night, ice skating and walking tours. They made my stay a lot easier and entertaining. I really recommend staying here! 😀

• USA, Male, 41+
9th Feb 2017
2.0

I was lead to believe that my son would be able to stay at this property and was turned away. I feel because I was black and my son also that we were not wanted but that was fine because my money and son stayed at another place but my time and I was lead to believe that staying was possible and to be turned away was a revisit to the sixties all over again. Thank you because you help me back to the real world nothing has change I won't be back because I can afford to stay some place I'm wanted.

31st Jan 2017

Really good place to stay, right in the heart of the DC area! I am travelling to Korea and they even allowed me to stay a few more days, no problems whatsoever. Free beer each night, and activites are planned for each day (if you want to join). There are 2 guitars available to play, and cable tv / netflix / wifi. Lots of international guests, too! You won't be sorry if you stay here!

31st Jan 2017

Great place to stay, close to transport and shops. Staff are really friendly and helpful and the hostel is clean and comfortable.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
22nd Jan 2017
8.0

Very nice staff and atmosphere. Not enough bathrooms though, wifi wasn't very strong, I'd like to have a phone charger near my bed and locks on the room doors.

21st Jan 2017

Had a great time. Friendly staff, however, one who stayed in my room, snored so loud than it woke me up, even though I had ear plugs. Great place. Even had a happy hour with beer, and activities available like a pub crawl. Would stay there again.

• England, Male, 25-30
20th Jan 2017

Fantastic hostel with great staff - can definitely be recommend for a great time in DC!

19th Jan 2017

The staff was absolutely amazing. The hostel is a short and safe walk from union station in a very nice part of the city. It is surrounded by local coffee shops, a supermarket, and restaurants. The hostel was clean, quiet, had small lockers, and a full kitchen. Only negative is that there were very limited showers (4) and toilets (4) resulting in a lot of waiting. However, I stayed when they were booked to maximum capacity so maybe this is not typically a problem.