Washington DC House Reviews

506 H Street NE, Washington DC, USA

Clean, safe, and located in a cool strip of shops, cafés, etc. The staff at the DC House was great. I stayed at the Philadelphia House when I was in Philly and had a great experience there as well. Because the staff hangs out and gets to know everyone, it feels a lot more safe because someone you now know has their eyes on everything. They are good about catering their sightseeing suggestions to your interests as well.

Loved the hostel's setup, with the common room for straight up fun and the kitchen for a bit of quiet time. The staff were all around great and seemed genuinely happy to hang out with us. The pub crawl is a must!

• 5th Dec 2014
  • Lebanon

This hostel has a huge home feel. Staff are awesome & friendly to everybody, especially Sonny, Jude, Jason… actually everyone. It’s very clean & safe. Extra perks are: free laundry, free happy hour beer (8pm-9pm), table games & pub crawls on Fri. & Sat. Location is A+ (2 blocks from supermarket, Union Station is a 15 min. max walk), Capitol Hill etc. It’s one of the best hostels I’ve been to. Only downside are lack of toilets but if in need of them, go to another floor (5 toilets, 3-4 showers)

Amazing staff, happy hours every day, opportunity to meet new people from the whole world and some interactive games was so funny.

The place is nice, clean and organized. I will definitely come back there.

• 23rd Nov 2014

I spent a night at Washington DC House during a weekend trip and, in general lines, I was very happy with my stay there. The place was nice and cozy and the staff made sure to welcome well, show around and explain the rules to their guests in order to avoid any eventual misunderstanding. I liked the no-shoe policy in doors, it really contributes to make the place way cleaner in comparison to other hostels I've been to.

• 22nd Nov 2014

This hostel excels expectations. A location (3 blocks from Union Station, walking distance to grocery stores, on a street bustling w/ wonderful restaurants

Great hostel, staff was very friendly and helpful. Good value for the money. The facilities are in good shape, nice atmosphere and it's in a great location. I had a very pleasant stay!

• 17th Nov 2014
  • Spain

The Hostel was great, in every aspect! It's very clean, with a good space and in a really good location. But the best thing was the atmosphere that they provide! Everyone who works there are amazing, I had a lot of fun and loved to meet every single one of them!! If I go to Washington again, I'll definitely go to Washington DC House!! Thank you for the amazing time, Rossana

• 14th Nov 2014

Only downside was the lack of bathrooms / showers. Location was great.

It is a real great place ! I was sleeping there for 2 night ! The team is just amazing ! I was quite afraid when i have read the previous comments ! 2 points true sometime you risk to waiting bathroom 5-10 minutes ! The lockers are a little bit small ! But the place is really safe and you can leave your bag in the room ! Don't forget that you are not in a 4* ! Is quiet ! it's a very friendly place ! Union station is at 10 min to walk ! For me it's a real great place

• 12th Nov 2014

While the daytime (Sonny & Carolyn?) staff were very friendly & greeted everyone they encountered, I found the 2 afternoon/evening hosts to be completely unfriendly and never introduced themselves to me nor acknowledged my presence; by the way they are both white and I am a man with darker skin. The facility was clean considering the number of people in residence at the time of my visit. Were it not for the 50/50 friendliness, I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. Easy walk to museums, subway

• 12th Nov 2014

After Expedia screwed up our 1 night reservation for another DC hotel, my friend & I booked Washington DC House on the bus 3 hours before our arrival, & we're so glad we did! Some of the friendliest staff members I've experienced (big shout outs to Caroline who looked after us at check in, & Jason & AJ!). Simple accommodation & facilities, (laundry, kitchen, plenty of bathrooms), plenty of fun during the evenings. We were sad to only be staying for one night! Thanks guys!

• 4th Nov 2014
  • Northern Ireland

My second time staying there, and my second time ending up with a bed right next to the window over looking H st. That was the worst part for me as it can be loud. otherwise i enjoyed my stay, way more people this time around which made for a nice environment. It's a great location, close to Union Station and Chinatown. Grocery store 3 blocks away so use of kitchen was easy! I recommend!

I had a very nice time in DC staying at the hostel, staff was great and we had a lot of fun with them. The Hostel was very clean and conveniently located in DC. I'd definitely go back and stay with them and I'm gonna recommend it to my friends.

• 27th Oct 2014
  • Spain

Cool place, good location, nice staff! :)

staff were great, like the happy hour. Also is good that they have quite time so can sleep when you want to

The staff is always amazing. They do a fantastic job, and they can roll with the punches. The atmosphere is always friendly no matter how full the hostel might get. Plenty of bathrooms. The location for this place is fantastic. It's a very short walk from anywhere that matters. It's right in front of a bus stop. It's a 5-10 minute walk from Union Station. . Longer stays might be a bit uncomfortable, since there's no laundry.

I stayed only one night and since I had to leave in the morning from Union Station, this was the perfect location since it was only an 8 minute walk. The staff was very friendly BUT the place was very dirty. I almost didn't dare to touch anything in the bathrooms. I didn't feel very comfortable. The rooms couldn't be locked. They do have lockers there, though, but you'd need a padlock. This hostel is OK if you need to leave from Union Station and only stay in D.C. for 1 or 2 night(s).

This is perhaps one of the best hostels I've never stayed in. It feels safe and homey, and the staff would treat you like a family. I had a great time in DC here, and one of the female staff was so incredibly sweet and helpful to help me get the most of my short weekend break in the capital. The atmosphere is always friendly, fun and well-moderated by the staff. Cleanliness and comfort is great for value - and the rate is rather cheap for DC standard.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5