Washington DC House Reviews

506 H Street NE, Washington DC, USA

We stayed here for 4 nights and it was brilliant, the staff we amazing, the lounge was like being at home and everyone was super! Beds were super comfy, nice kitchen, plenty of toilets and showers. Big shout out to Jude who was so welcoming! The staff gave us plenty of awesome nights out as well. 100% recommend!

• 11th Sep 2014
  • JoelIve

Terrible matress and bathrooms.

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Mexico

Stayed for second time and would def return a third! Great place, great staff

Staff were amazing, the hostel has a great atmosphere! Ysa, Zac, AJ and Jason are so friendly and helpful, they provided great, welcoming hospitality. Happy hour every night really brings everyone together. The rooms and kitchen were very clean, and the lockers were safe and convenient. I highly recommend this hostel, I would definitely stay here again!

The place has been rearranged somewhat since the last time I had stayed there a bit more than two years earlier; entry is on a different floor, and there's quite a bit less 'common room' space than before. Price has gone up significantly as well. But little else has changed. Staff is still very friendly.

I stayed in the sister hostel to this one in Philadelphia and booked this one because the Philadelphia House was so good. However this hostel needs to raise its standards to be as good. The hostel was extremely warm not just the dorms, there needs to be better air conditioning in all areas. There was also a really funny smell in the lounge area which didn't go away. Also my room faced the shoe rack, it was horrible every time I opened the door. The staff were ok not over friendly.

Great atmosphere with very helpful staff, in particular Ysa and Lisa. Short walk to Union Station with Metro and buses for local travel, and trains and buses for long distance. Makes the hostel I am now staying at in NYC look very ordinary.

This place is one of those rare hostels where you feel like you're visiting old friends. The location is great, the facilities are average, the spirit is fantastic, and the staff (especially Ysa, Lisa, and Mackenzie) are awesome. Did I mention there's a nightly free beer happy hour?

brilliant time had by myself here and I travelled for a month throughout the state using hostels and this has been the best experience I have had with one, superb staff and a brilliant atmosphere. couldn't have asked for any better!

• 25th Aug 2014

the staff were very accommodating. there was a good atmosphere throughout the hostel and the location was a short walk from the main sites in Washington

Staff very nice, and organizing many events ! Good location, few block from union station, very clean and safe Definitely recommend it !

I felt very unconfortable with that rule the have of "Once you enter the hostel you must take off your shoes" I was like ??? This is not Japan !!! There is only 4 bathrooms for the whole hostel. You need to wait a lot to take a shower.

Cozy little place with a great location. The staff were super friendly and welcoming - I had a great stay!

Probably the nicest hostel I've been to, the staff were extremely nice and helpful. The hostel was very clean and comfortable. I would definitely recommend them.

• 21st Aug 2014

Overall, I had a very nice stay. The hostel was located very near Union Station, only about 7 minutes by foot. The only problem, was that it took me about 2 hours to find it! Please understand, though, that this was not the fault of the hostel: I could have used a better map. The hostel is close not too far from the National Mall. The staff was friendly. The hostel has a no-shoes policy, and is cleaned apparently everyday. One negative item, is the protruding bed-spring in my bed!

Nice Hostel! Conveniently located. The staff is very friendly and helpful!

Great friendly hostel in excellent location forthe mainsites in DC we hada shortbut faultless stay here!!

a wonderful stay in a very funny place. thank you to all the staff! we loved our stay there, a pity have only two nights to spend in Philly.

• 14th Aug 2014

Friendly staff, good location, kitchen very useful. No keys for the room. We had a nice stay there.

Really friendly staff, and has a fantastic pub crawl.

• 5th Aug 2014