Washington DC House Reviews

506 H Street NE, Washington DC, USA

I stayed only one night and since I had to leave in the morning from Union Station, this was the perfect location since it was only an 8 minute walk. The staff was very friendly BUT the place was very dirty. I almost didn't dare to touch anything in the bathrooms. I didn't feel very comfortable. The rooms couldn't be locked. They do have lockers there, though, but you'd need a padlock. This hostel is OK if you need to leave from Union Station and only stay in D.C. for 1 or 2 night(s).

Staff were excellent, always polite and helpful. This hostel is closest to the city centre. The the beds made up for you and towels are provided. The staff took us out on the town which was so fun. thanks :)

Really enjoyed my time here. Good atmosphere, helpful staff and just good fun! Enjoyed the pub crawl :) Good location 10mins walk from Union Station. Make sure you visit the H & Pizza down the road.

I liked the staff and the atmosphere of the hostel. They are more than willing to help out and they like to give out free beer, though I don't drink, everyone there seemed to like the happy hour. The location is perfect. It is close to the city center, supermarket, and the those city bike rentals which is a great way to get around DC. Cons- Small room, no furniture/ chairs in room, no locks on bedroom doors, tiny lockers. However, I would still stay there again if I was in DC.

Location near Union Station. Staff kind and helpful. Comfortable bed. Clean

Fantastic place to stay. Within walking distance of the Amtrak. My only issue was that I slept in a bunk bed and the guy who was placed in the top bunk snored very loudly the entire night so I did not sleep a wink. Even with head phones on I could hear him. Other than that it was a perfect stay and the staff was extraordinary!

• 9th Oct 2014

Good atmosphere created by staff, good common area. On my first night one lad told me how his and his friends bags were stolen from their room, his friends passport and wallet gone. Although they said it had never happened before at the hostel it was still quite daunting to hear on the first night. A code on the door leading up to the bedrooms but nothing at the individual rooms, always keep your valuables on you or locked up. Good friendly atmosphere, good activities lined up by staff.

Great staff, good location, Clean bedrroms. The problem not too much bathroom for the amount of people.

The hostel is very nice and close to the greyhound, megsbus and rail station. The staffs are very friendly. I stayed in a 5 bed dorm, the room is not very big but for this price big enough.

I really enjoyed the hostel! Location was very good, only 5 minutes from the neariest and large station. And all staffs are very nice and friendly than any other 10 hostels I've ever visited in the U.S.. Atomosphere was so nice that I recommend you to have a wonderful time in Wasginhton DC hostel.

Very happy, would recommend it :)

Nice people that took the time to make you feel welcome. Family feel. Friendly. Near enough to everything. You can walk everywhere. The hostel was situated close enough to supermarkets and bars/restaurants, and not too far from China town. I really enjoyed my time at the hostel. One word...Wholesome.

Staff is great there and they have free beer for one hour every night! Hell yeah

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. Very friendly staff, organizing different fun activities every day! It's a 10min walk from/to union station and not too far away from National Mall and all the other sights. Can only recommend this hostel!

• 23rd Sep 2014

I had one night to spend in Washington DC and this hostel was a great choice. Since I was looking just for a place to sleep I was spending most of my time outside the hostel, yet the staff was incredible and the place itself was locaed in a great location (you may ask about bikes for rent next to the hostel in order to get from one place to another in the city - very useful!!!) And the atmosphire was also great (they just had a drinking game that evening). Very recommanded!

• 22nd Sep 2014
  • Israel

One of my greatest stays, the staff is incredibly dedicated and are grate social butterflys for getting everyone together to go out together and have fun. Not to mention free beer from 8-9 every night

• 19th Sep 2014

Would have liked more lockers - enough for one to one for all occupants.

• 17th Sep 2014

This hostel very exellent .First of all ,location is very nice .it is very close to many museum and some historical place and staff is very kınd and helpful .

• 15th Sep 2014
  • Turkey

THe hostel has a good location, very near Union train station. The staff is nice and very friendly. I stayed in a 6 bed dorm and the room is clean and neat. There are some points can be improved: the electric hub is not available for every bed, and there is always person in the bathroom in the morning.

Michelle and I stayed here for a couple of nights. No more than 2 minutes having checked into the hostel and we were offered a tour by Jason to nearby pubs (much appreciated)! The hostel itself is extremely clean, secure and welcoming. Very close to all the tourist attractions of DC. Can not recommend it highly enough! Thanks for your support and for having us

• 13th Sep 2014