Washington International Student Center Reviews

2451 18th Street NW, DC 20009, Washington DC, USA

Very friendly staff, great location. Lockers available and you get your own keys so getting in and out at your will was very convenient. Everyone staying there was really nice and made us feel very welcome and comfortable. Located right in the middle of a cool neighborhood full of bars and restaurants and shops; walking distance to a bikeshare station which is then like a 10 minute bike ride to the National Mall. Would definitely stay here again.

• 11th Apr 2014

Hostel was standard and I could handle the music coming from the bar below until 2am, but not loud, drunk guests yelling, fighting, and playing music until 5am. Someone kicked my door. Cut my stay short was not given refund. I shouldn't have to get out of bed to tell unruly guests to be quiet. Totally ruined the experience.

• 4th Apr 2014

Stayed for a conference and the hostel was perfect for me and my needs,

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • Nicaragua

The hostel is absolutely great. It is very cosy and has a lovely kitchen for those who enjoy cooking and living-room where you can meet students from many countries in the world. Bars, restaurants and supermarket are just a few steps away. The bus station is just right across the street and you just need to take only one bus to come to the Union Station which I found extremely convenient. My favourite part of the hostel is the very nice and helpful hosts. I had a wonderful time there

• 20th Mar 2014
  • Vietnam

If on a budget that is good, but you only get what you pay for. I would not go there again.

• 20th Mar 2014

Of you don't minder to hear the music of the bar downstairs, thuis is a great place. Lot of restaurants and bars around. Clean room and bathroom.

Friendly staff, clean bedroom and restroom, fast wifi, close to everything,I would definitely recommend this hostel.

• 13th Mar 2014
  • China

The hostel had everything we were looking for, in a good location and we had a really good time. Staff were friendly and I would recommend this hostel to others on their spring break vacation as it is affordable.

• 10th Mar 2014

Where to begin.... Though the hostel is conveniently located in Adams Morgan, it is difficult to find if you're new to the area. I walked past it 3 times in 40-degree weather upon my arrival to DC. Even though I booked my reservation online, there is no computer for staff members to look up reservations, and it's cash only. The whole place looks kinda grimy and the kitchen and the bathrooms were gross. And Steve (the owner) made a number of racist "jokes" at my expense during my stay.

• 8th Mar 2014

True, there is a computer each of have. RIGHT ON THE DESK. I do prefer and keep my information written in Mead Note Books. The information gets done by hand, pen, and paper. An old concept for sure and I even use a rotary phone. Bet you never get to see them anymore!! The kitchen and bathrooms are cleaned everyday by a cleaning woman. Yes, Steve can tell a joke and I am sure those with sensitive ears can take it the wrong way but then as Chris Rock has said some people need a life. Try it.

The hostel is in a great location in the heart of Adams Morgan, surrounded by dozens of bars and restaurants. It's only a short walk or bus ride away to the White House, the Mall, and the Smithsonian. There is a kitchen if you want to do some cooking. The staff is really friendly, welcoming, helpful, and like to have fun. I'd definitely recommend staying here!

• 26th Feb 2014

The hostel was fine. Came early in the week so it was not so busy. Just 2 other women in the dorm. The area rocks with many different kinds of clubs, bars and even an old style used book store. Shared the dorm with 2 women. The building is not new but loved using what seemed to be a new bathroom down the hall. The hostel did not come pick me up as they said they would but they did pay for the taxi. Great!!

• 25th Feb 2014

The Washington international student center is an unbelievable bargain for that price and it's location. If your fairly self sufficient, who's needs are simple with safety, comfort, a kitchen, a bed, free internet, cable in the shared lounge area, friendly staff and guests being all you want to pay for, then this place is perfect.

• 17th Feb 2014

Hostel was good. Located in a very cool area with lots of clubs and bars with lots of people in their 20's living in the area. Easy to get around. Staff varies. Hostel has a nice home feel to it.

The hostel was dirty and poorly furnished. Upon arrival I found the staff member to be unwelcoming and have quite an abrasive attitude. The 'pay' computer did not function properly - I could not wait to leave!

• 3rd Feb 2014
  • British Virgin Islands

I loved my stay at Washington International Center!! Would definitely stay there again :)

• 22nd Jan 2014

This hostel did not meet my expectations at all. Facilities are not that good, and it was not that much clean. Also, the bathroom close to me was not in a good condition, and the kitchen was totally in mess.

• 11th Jan 2014
  • Iran

Me and my friend had a really nice time staying at the Washington International Student Center, we met a lot of nice people and the hostel is perfectly located.

• 5th Jan 2014
  • Sweden

Underground stations are almost a mile away. The place doesn't have a sign to see it easily when one arrives. The carpet and the furniture seem to have been there for centuries. The receptionist had a notebook with our names on it, no computer for her. The kitchen looked kind of dirty and messy. Finally, the manager (Steve) is not a very friendly person.

I would not really return, in the common room there is allways a man watching TV and shouting, which doesn't help to meet new people since no one really wants to be there. Also I didn't really like that there were no lockers and in the room there was this crazy (literally) man who would star waking in the middle of the night and wake everyone, and then would NEVER leave the room! he ate in his bed and everything. The hostel is in top of a nightclub, so sleeping on a weekend is impossible

The location is great - close enough to all the attractions, but in a part of town with good nightlife. The staff was also very accommodating and friendly. Definitely recommend!

• 19th Dec 2013