Washington International Student Center

Very Good 1158 Total Reviews

• England, Male, 18-24
19th Apr 2017
2.9

It was more like homeless shelter then a hostel.. everyone who was there lived there.. the worse hostel I have ever stayed in. No lockers, dirty everything

• Guatemala, Female, 31-40
11th Apr 2017
8.0

I had to change rooms because the first one didn't have air conditioning and it was too hot and full, it did not smell nice. But for price/location it is a good recommendation. It is an old house but nonetheless it's good.

• Brazil, Female, 18-24
30th Mar 2017
5.7

The place is just old with a weird smell and ambient. Far from everything, there is also a good amount of night clubs around, so at night you can hear the music from the room. The staff was friendly but the place was just awful.

• USA, Female, 18-24
20th Mar 2017
7.4

Very nice and made you feel at home, but not all weren't on the same page as far as basic factors go. I was told on 2 occasions by 2 different employees that I would have free parking for the remainder of my stay (although the website only says free parking for the first night) which made me decide on this hostel, the others were more expensive including in the parking. There is 1 parking pass for the 40 possible residents, and only the first night is free. I ended up paying over $50 in parking.

18th Mar 2017

Really cool place to stay. You get to meet a diverse group of people. The owner is a very frank man, but he helped me get to the Baltimore airport for about $10 cheaper than the route I was planning to take. The employees are really nice. Not the most recently renovated place, but there's nothing wrong with it healtwise. The part of town that it is in is really neat, with lots of international food options and bars. Not far from the metro, and uber is pretty cheap from there too. Recommended.

• Singapore, Mixed Group, 18-24
17th Mar 2017
5.1

We were a group of 5 and stayed in a six-room unit for 3 nights. On the last night, the management added 2 individuals into the last bed, which required them to share a single bunk bed. Safety aside, the hostel management could have done better to inform us of new occupants who will be sharing the room, as we were surprised that people were able to access our locked room and valuables when we were not around. This was a major security issue. Cleanliness was ok, but staff were below expectations.

• Taiwan, All Female Group, 18-24
17th Mar 2017
4.6

The receptionist was super rude and I felt discriminated. I didn't feel comfortable at all. The receptionist acted hostile because I chose to pay with my credit card; he said I made him lose money. If you don't want customers to pay with credit card, why don't you specify you only accept cash. People I met in the hostel were all cool except that specific staff who yelled that he has worked in the hostel for 31 years when we asked questions. If the only thing you care is the price, stay here.

• Belgium, Female, 18-24
10th Mar 2017
3.7

- property needs renovation - rooms were unclean: we found empty snack bags behind the bed and a Bucket under the bed - beds are old and noisy, sheets are old and not-matching - bath smells like mold

9th Feb 2017

Great location; very nice people.

• USA, All Male Group, 41+
18th Jan 2017

Excellent in every way. Manager and staff great and very helpful.