Washington International Student Center Reviews

2451 18th Street NW, DC 20009, Washington DC, USA

I loved Steve's place so much that I decided to come back a few days after I had left. The location is perfect for travelers looking for enterntainment (bars, zoo) but also for those who might enjoy a run in the park. Steve is a very attentive host who delivers the best service. He makes you feel welcome right from the beginning. In the reception area and the kitchen people are buzzing around, meeting and exchanging thoughts. You get your own key, sheets and towel. Home! Highly recommended.

• 25th Aug 2014

Too expensive for what is offered staff could be rude if not in accordance with them

I had trouble with my flight which prevented me from arriving at a decent hour. The manager refused to apply the deposit and I had to pay for 2 night s stay when I only could stay 1 night

Location was amazing right outside the door is 18th street which has great clubs, bars and places to eat.

• 18th Aug 2014

Good place and a fun time. Great location.

Worst hostel Ive ever stayed at. I confirmed there was available parking the day before, when I arrived they told me there was none and refused to discuss it. The deskman said there were streets nearby you could park during the night, but wouldnt tell me which ones or what hours, even though i politely asked for help, explaining I wasnt from the area, instead I was insulted. When ever I tried to speak, he interrupted me. I ended up paying a fortune on parking. The room doors also didnt lock.

• 11th Aug 2014

A total fabrication. Having done this for the past 20 years I deal with parking everyday. If you arrive past 6:00pm I will advise you can park on any side street to help save YOU money and then park the car in the parking lot the next day and we give you back 19 dollars. This is all in order to help you save money. I always offer parking. ALWAYS. The rooms always lock. You need to turn the key.

Except wifi speed

I really enjoyed my stay here. The atmosphere is great and chilled. The location on Adams Morgan is fantastic - you have all the restaurants and bars just outside the door - and it's only a 20 min walk to all the sights or you can take the bus/metro if you prefer Would definitely come back

• 7th Aug 2014
  • Denmark

Good choice if you don't want to spend to much money on a place to stay. Everything you need is there, but its nothing too fancy. Lots of nice people to meet in the hostel!

• 4th Aug 2014

It was an average hostel. It's on top of a night club so you will hear music until 3:00am. That's good if you want to party but bad if you don't. Staff was OK. Good location in adams morgan area but again, the club is directly below the hostel. No soap or towel for drying your hands in the bathrooms. It's OK I probably wouldn't stay here again though.

• 31st Jul 2014

Sorry, but kitchen and bathrooms are dirty... I'm a real clean person and I couldn't stand that... You really need a nice maid around. I left my stuff there for a night and spent the night over with a friend. Exchanged Hostels on the following day.

Very friendly staff! Thank you for everything

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

The location is great., right in the middle of Adams Morgan area. Easy metro+bus/walk from downtown. Finding the entrance was a bit hard, it's a very small door in between two big establishments. Staff was good and friendly, but I had problems with cleanliness. I was there for 3 days and 2 nights and I am absolutely sure that there was no cleaning of the room. Bathroom was ok. When I asked for an extra blanket because I was cold, I was given 2 extra sheets instead. Kinda not the same thing.

It was a nice stay. The bathroom and shower are very clean. The bed could have been more comfortable. You can't complain for the price. It's not easy to find because it's a small door between two restaurants/bars. I would go there again!

• 15th Jul 2014

Great staff. Good stay

We stayed here for 4 nights in total - it is clean, cheap and in an excellent location! Would definitely recommend it.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Scotland

I thought the localtion of the hostel was central, and, therefore, it allowed me to move around easily without wasting too much time. I thought, however, that the facilities were average (no iron to iron clothes, no laundrette). Yet, I used the laundrette in the neighbourhood and it was fine ! Overall, I had a good stay ! Thanks ! Sophie

• 8th Jun 2014

Thanks for your kindness

• 28th May 2014
  • Spain

You should have let us know before we arrived that you could not pick up us. Otherwise, never exaggerate please.

The place is a goog location

View all Washington DC Hostels