Very Good 1,056 Total Reviews
Very Good 1,056 Total Reviews
Washington International Student Center Located at 2451 18th Street NW, DC 20009, Washington DC.
USA
Washington DC DC 2451 18th Street NW, DC 20009
74% 1056
38.9218902 -77.0424413
    Rooms available

• USA, Female, 18-24
15th Jul 2016

Great if you just need somewhere to sleep. Would be nice if they made the expectation of silence clear past a certain time though... had other girls in my dorm screaming in the room until 4:30am one morning. Other than this, one thing to note on finding the place, the doorway is just a door in the side of the street and so can be difficult to find, but there is a sign on the door! Location is awesome, it's a fun hip street, with good food and bars and a fun night scene!

• Ireland, All Female Group, 18-24
15th Jul 2016

Stayed for two nights with my two friends. Our bus arrived into DC three hours late, the staff were so helpful and despite finishing work at 11pm, they stayed up until 1am to let us in and get us sorted. They were very friendly. The hostel is located in a fab area, a good spot to go out in, very lively but yet there is no noise in the room. We had two very peaceful nights sleep. Would definitely recommend! If I return to DC, I'd book here in a heartbeat.

11th Jul 2016

Washington International Student Center is the perfect place to stay if you want to explore Washington D.C. A bus station is around the corner and to get to the nearest metro station only takes you 10 minutes of walking. The staff is great in this hostel and always willing to help you or have some small talk with you. The value for your money is absolutely good!

10th Jul 2016

I'll definately visit again next time in DC!

• USA, Female, 18-24
10th Jul 2016

My boyfriend and I had an amazing time staying here! Steve, the owner, was a really nice and chill guy. Most of the staff was pretty young and everyone was very friendly towards us. Location wise this place is amazing! It's in a really nice neighborhood with lots of restaurants all around.The kitchen had everything we needed, and the free breakfast was very nice! Overall we really enjoyed our stay here, you can't beat the price! We were only a 30 min bus ride to the national mall. Love! Love!

10th Jul 2016

This place was exactly what we needed. We were a 6 piece band touring and we spend 1 night at Washington DC. Well located, not noisy and cheap. Perfectly good value-quality relation! The staff was cool and very good with us. Recommended.

8th Jul 2016

Had a wonderfull stay at the ISC! Especially the staff was absolutely amazing. It really made me feel like being part of a family with them. The rooms were fine and the matresses were lovely (very important to me). The hostel is located in the middle of Adams Morgan, with a lot of nice restaurants, bars and shops nearby. If you want to eat something else than a burger with fries, this is the places to be! I would definately come here again when coming back to Washington!

7th Jul 2016

I had a great time! The staff is really nice and they make you feel at home! The location is great too, since it's in a popular street in Adams Morgan!

• England, Mixed Group, 18-24
23rd Jun 2016
7.4

Steve the owner is very accommodating and great guy. Kitchen is good and free breakfast is also good. Beds were comfy and bathroom was clean. We walked everywhere but as back packers we are used to it, all the monuments are at the bottom of the road about 30 mins walk. We did have a bit of a strange girl in our room, waking up with her staring at me. But it's the US :-)

• Scotland, Male, 25-30
22nd Jun 2016
4.9

Although this hostel is one of the cheapest in Washington if I had my time again I would have stayed somewhere more expensive. You can defiantly tell this is a cheap hostel, poor quality beds and a lack of facilities. I travelled here alone and the hostel had no atmosphere and the staff seemed fairly uninterested. The location is reasonable about a 35 min walk into the main sights but it is on a street full of bars and restaurants which meant there were places to go. Would not recommend.

The mattresses were bought last summer and at a cost of $200 each. The kitchen is fully stocked. The bathrooms all work fine. We do lack a pool. The atmosphere of a hostel can vary depending on who is around the hostel. We do not start up the party. We leave that up to you.