Washington International Student Center Reviews

2451 18th Street NW, DC 20009, Washington DC, USA

The stafg are super receptive and very easy to communicate with. It makes travelling to Washington DC so much easier then many alternatives. I will certainly contact them again the next time I come through Washington DC.

Overall poorly managed.

• 19th Jun 2015

I loved that the location was close to places I needed to be, however it drove me crazy at night with all the street noise that I couldn't sleep! The morning staff seemed great but one night staff member in charge of checking me in was unprofessional in my view.. The hostel also may want to update their hostelworld profile as towels were free (not for hire)

This hostel is awsome, great location, breakfast included, and GREAT staff and atmosphere. We stayed there 4 nights and felt like at home! Thank you guys for this amazing stay!

• 6th Jun 2015

The owner was not professional and neither was the first impression of the hotel. It looked like an outdated 70s living room. Not filthy per se, but not clean. The owner also took a long time to check us in. The bathroom we used had a very dirty sink (and was the only bathroom on our floor so we had to wait) and the chair in our room had hair trimmings on it. Pretty disgusting. The beds were very squeaky, kept us up. The neighborhood is cute though. About 20-30 min walk to downtown.

Not very clean -floors unswept; fridge especially had all kinds of things in in that seemed old and unattended. Many of the "rules" were not posted on the internet: they wanted no one from DC, MD, or VA (I was from MD), no debit card (that's all I had),etc. No 8:00 breakfast because I had to leave at 7:30am I'm not handicapped but the two story set of stairs all in a row (no landings) to get up to the office was a bit much especially when I had to go back down right away to get my things.

It would be much better if it was clean

I had very nice time there :)

Always had a good experience here

I do not recommend this place.

It was not that new hostel, but I felt like I'm home. Friendly and helpful staffs. Sometimes Wifi didnt work. The location was also good. There are bus stops near the hostel, and lots of restaurant near the hostel.

The Washington International Center was a cosy hostel with many travelers moving in and out of the hostel. The location is around a club district so it might get a bit noisy till 1am every night. But it is convenient to get late night options for food since most of the clubs and restaurants open till late.

This was my first time staying alone at a hostel, and based on this experience, I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. The hostel is about a 10 minute walk from the Metro and an easy 20 minutes to Dupont Circle. Everything that I needed was provided and met some really cool people. I came up for a soccer match and ended up bringing someone i met with me! Try the pizza next door for a great slice of Jumbo Pizza!

• 13th May 2015

Excellent hostel! I've stayed in a lot of hostels the past few months and this is one of the best. Front staff was exceptionally friendly. Rooms and bathrooms were very clean and other guests were interesting people. I'd stay here again.

Excellent hostel, excellent price, exceptional people working there who actually talk you rather than treating you as a number. Oh and a great location. I was sad to only be staying there one night and I would stay there again in a heart beat.

Rooms are really small for so many people with no space for the suitcases. But the staff is really really friendly and helpfull and you can feel like in a family even if you stay only a few nights. It is quite far from the center but the buses stop are really close and it is really easy to get downtown.

• 10th May 2015

Well the problem with this hostel is the location, not that it is bad, it's in a great neighborhood. Adams morgan is great locality so many options in and around. But the hostel doesn't live up to the oomph and awe of adams morgan. Staff at the hostel are just amazing unfortunately this is the only good thing about this place.

it was all good - this is what i expect from a hostel. thank you!

Location is definitely unbeatable, and it is cheap! There aren't many restrooms available so you might have to wait. Try to get a room far from the window facing the 18th street as the place is quite noisy at nights. Breakfast is ok. Ask for an additional blanket if you are traveling during winter or spring. I didn't get their forbid sleeping bag signs, why?

• 1st May 2015
  • Colombia

staff poor, cleaniess poor , atmosphere poor

View all Washington DC Hostels