7.8
Very Good 1,130 Total Reviews
7.8
Very Good 1,130 Total Reviews
Washington International Student Center Located at 2451 18th Street NW, DC 20009, Washington DC.
USA
Washington DC DC 2451 18th Street NW, DC 20009
78% 1130
38.9218902 -77.0424413
    Rooms available

• Kazakhstan, Male, 18-24
19th Nov 2016

Really good location! Good WiFi! But they don't get the cards,only cash! Good stuff! If you wanna go to Washington for having fun- this is the best option!

• USA, Female, 25-30
11th Nov 2016

I came into DC for a job and had to find a temporary home while I transitioned into a new place. Washington International Student Center in Washington DC was amazing. The location is perfect, walking distance to great choices for dining of any kind. They are just steps away from buses to any part of the city you need to get to and a less than 10 minute walk to the metro. The staff were really helpful in explaining how to navigate as well! Great Owner and Place! Safe and Clean with a lot of charm

• davidssonandrew8627
  • England, Male, 25-30
11th Nov 2016
5.1

Absolutely strange atmosphere amongst the staff and the hostel in general. Kitchen was quite dirty and I have low standards. Bathrooms were OK, my bed was broken. YOU DO NOT GET BREAKFAST! Breakfast was mouldy bread, bad coffee all served up on unclean dishes. However it is cheap and the location is good

You do get bread, juice, milk, tea, coffee, jam, peanut butter, fruit from 8:00am to 10:00pm everyday. The bread cannot be moldy because we buy it fresh everyday. The kitchen gets cleaned 2 times a day and after 30 years doing this I can say the one consistent item that never changes is people think Mom will there to clean up and we do not have someone to monitor the kitchen. But on the days I have and worked from the kitchen it is amazing how people do clean up after they eat. True, some of the staff right now are like Trump meets reality and I cannot make them love the other.

• USA, Male, 25-30
3rd Nov 2016

I stayed at the Washington Intl. Student Center for one night. The staff was very helpful and pleasant during my stay and the facilities (bedroom, bathroom, public areas) were all very clean. I really enjoyed my stay here, especially for the price. I highly recommend the Center to anyone looking for a welcoming place to crash in D.C. Thanks again for the hospitality!

• USA, Male, 31-40
2nd Nov 2016
7.1

The staff was super helpful, always offering advice. The place appeared old and cluttered, albeit clean. Things were secure.

• julialelieveld2515
  • Netherlands, Couple, 18-24
27th Oct 2016
7.7

Stayed in a private room for two for a couple of days was quite expensive as all washington so relatifly normal but had a very nice stay and staff very helpfull

20th Oct 2016

The location in Adams Morgan is a great area, with a variety of dining options and easy access to buses. The facility was safe, but does not have lockers or storage for personal property. A number of people share the four public bathrooms, so timing -especially in the morning, is important.

• England, Male, 18-24
19th Oct 2016

Myself and two friends were road tripping from New York to Texas and we stayed here in Washington. The location is excellent for young people with a buzzing strip of bars and restaurants right outside. The staff are very friendly and accommodating to your needs with things like rooms and car parking. I would definitely stay here again if I was passing through.

• USA, Female, 31-40
16th Oct 2016

Great location, nice rooms and overall atmosphere, a good value for your money. Close to the central area and everything I needed to see. The staff really went out of their way to help me when I messed up my reservation.

8th Oct 2016
6.6

The description says they take credit cards but the front desk person would only take cash from me. The receipt was pathetic carbon copy paper. Locker rental is cheap and the keys are small and preferred for me over an electronic lock as I can pocket the keys during my outdoor jogs. Free breakfast was meager toast with peanut butter, milk, and orange flavored drink --- not orange juice! Sink seemed like a mess. I can't seem to tell who is an employee and who is a guest or a boyfriend/girlfriend.