Washington International Student Center Reviews

2451 18th Street NW, DC 20009, Washington DC, USA

Great place to stay, people are welcoming and fun. In a good location filled with bars and pubs.

• 22nd Aug 2015

This hostel does its job in the sense that it gives you place stay, but the common area and the atmosphere are definitely lacking. It don't really a backpacker hostel but if you're looking for cheap and convenient then it will do the job

The location is great but the bunks we stayed in had other people's stuff in them. The staff here are great and it definitely has the hostel feel. I'm not sure how great the neighborhood is but regardless it's a good price for the location. All of the monuments and white house are all waking distance.

Great hostel, great staff, great area and a great experience. Recommended by a friend and I would definitely recommend it for anyone looking to stay in Washington DC.

• 1st Aug 2015

Not really a hostel as much as a travel lodge. The common area is just a TV room where the reception is and no real place to sit and meet people. You can only pay in cash which is just insane, there is an atm in the reception which charges $3 which was annoying. The 8 bed room I stayed in was over crowded with no place to really put your stuff. The beds were also insanely loud. Good location with a lot of bars and such around.

It's a cute little place, very clean and very friendly staff. The location is in Adams Morgan which is basically the coolest place in DC. Worth it for the price

• 24th Jul 2015

The place was cute and a great deal for the price. The free breakfast was the perfect pickmeup, the place was super clean, and the location was amazing. The staff was friendly too. All in all its a great deal.

• 23rd Jul 2015

Cool hostel in great location.

• 22nd Jul 2015
  • Spain

Unexpected to pay cash! But the atmosphere in the city was very nice! Don't expect too much cleanness but for a night it is a good place to stay. The staff was friendly and helped with all the questions.

• 18th Jul 2015

room could have electronic door key, so more secure every time the door is lucked when door is shut. I like to party but can not sleep in one( loud music noises comes from the bars down-under and the street .Kitchen could be much better. Staff are friendly and informative. Breakfast is OK. Cleaning could be done a bit better. In general it is a good place

I enjoyed my stay here. The staff was great, as they were always around, kind and helpful. Breakfast was nothing special, but it's free, so it's ok. The facility is not the best, but the price and location make up for it. Good for travelers going solo I'd say.

Everything was awesome and the staff were great and really helpful :) unfortunately the parking situation was tough, street parking if it don't have a pass was expensive and garage parking also expensive. If to don't have a car or are only staying a night the place is ideal, with a car it's pricey around the area.

• 7th Jul 2015

It doesnt look a real hostel. Old house, not clean and very poor breakfast. I have to say that the staff was good. The neiborhood is good if you planning a party, but is far and not really good conecting with the city center. Not recomended for a short trip.

Great location for fun people, because bars all around hostel!!! Very easy to get downtown, if this hostel more clean that will be great! Especially kitchen!!!

The stafg are super receptive and very easy to communicate with. It makes travelling to Washington DC so much easier then many alternatives. I will certainly contact them again the next time I come through Washington DC.

Overall poorly managed.

• 19th Jun 2015

I loved that the location was close to places I needed to be, however it drove me crazy at night with all the street noise that I couldn't sleep! The morning staff seemed great but one night staff member in charge of checking me in was unprofessional in my view.. The hostel also may want to update their hostelworld profile as towels were free (not for hire)

This hostel is awsome, great location, breakfast included, and GREAT staff and atmosphere. We stayed there 4 nights and felt like at home! Thank you guys for this amazing stay!

• 6th Jun 2015

The owner was not professional and neither was the first impression of the hotel. It looked like an outdated 70s living room. Not filthy per se, but not clean. The owner also took a long time to check us in. The bathroom we used had a very dirty sink (and was the only bathroom on our floor so we had to wait) and the chair in our room had hair trimmings on it. Pretty disgusting. The beds were very squeaky, kept us up. The neighborhood is cute though. About 20-30 min walk to downtown.

Not very clean -floors unswept; fridge especially had all kinds of things in in that seemed old and unattended. Many of the "rules" were not posted on the internet: they wanted no one from DC, MD, or VA (I was from MD), no debit card (that's all I had),etc. No 8:00 breakfast because I had to leave at 7:30am I'm not handicapped but the two story set of stairs all in a row (no landings) to get up to the office was a bit much especially when I had to go back down right away to get my things.

« first « Prev 1 2 3