Washington International Student Center Reviews

2451 18th Street NW, DC 20009, Washington DC, USA

The staff was really nice and helpful. The wifi worked perfectly throughout the building. The room and the kitchen were equipped as expected but not very clean. There is only one bathroom per floor, which didn't bother me as I never had to wait. The bathroom was quite clean.

• 24th Sep 2014
  • Switzerland

I've stayed at duo housing before and they were better. This place has a tv in the lobby and the man at the front desk watches only what he wants. Breakfast was toast and oj (duo does pancakes!) overall tho this place is decent and worth the price, though I wish they did more in the living area to facilitate guest interaction. I did like the ac in the rooms

• 18th Sep 2014
  • Puerto Rico

This has been one of the best hostel experiences I have had. The facilities are great, the hostel is in a vibrant and wonderful location. You can walk to the White House and the National Mall. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. I would definitely book a room at this hostel if I were to ever return to DC.

• 15th Sep 2014

Great place to stay if you're on a budget! Best location of any hostel I've stayed in, bars and restaurants to suit any taste on the doorstep. Staff were very friendly, felt like you were a part of their family: good place to come if you want to meet new people.

Worst place I have ever stayed! They tried to overcharge us, Door didnt lock properly, a guy from another room managed to unlock our door with his key and wander in! Got moved to a different room cuz owner wanted our one to be a private room. No space for our belongings in the new room due to the staffs belongings everwhere. Kitchen looked like someone had vomited all over it. Owner walked into our room in the middle of the night every night - he was so rude everytime he spoke to us. STAY AWAY

It was super great, I met tons of fun people next time I go again

• 5th Sep 2014

The Washington Student Center is in a great area of DC. Adams Morgan rocks with many places to go to and have fun. The hostel....the building is old but it is fine enough. Not as modern as many other new places but it has a home feeling to it and that was great. You can get around DC from the hostel either by bus or Metro but if you stay a few days I would value getting a Metro card. All in all I had a good time there.

Great location close to a heap of restaurants, bars, and supermarkets. Approx 10-15 mins walk to the subway. Service was a little haphazard ie there was no one at the desk when I arrived and they confused my booking, asking me to check out the following morning when I had booked for two nights. Girl at the reception desk was extremely bored and unenthusiastic. Quite a bit of noise at nights from the bars/clubs downstairs but you expect that from the location.

clean the rooms - and try to have hot water .

I loved Steve's place so much that I decided to come back a few days after I had left. The location is perfect for travelers looking for enterntainment (bars, zoo) but also for those who might enjoy a run in the park. Steve is a very attentive host who delivers the best service. He makes you feel welcome right from the beginning. In the reception area and the kitchen people are buzzing around, meeting and exchanging thoughts. You get your own key, sheets and towel. Home! Highly recommended.

• 25th Aug 2014

I certainly enjoyed my stay. About what I would expect for the price and location, and I was not let down. Steve, the owner, is definitely engaged in day to day operations and his commitment shows. Fun, mellow atmosphere if you want to kick back and have a few beers, and right in the heart of some of the best bars in DC. About 10 minutes walking from a Metro stop, which added to the experience. About average for hostel quality, but excellent for the value and location. If you hostel, stay here.

Too expensive for what is offered staff could be rude if not in accordance with them

I had trouble with my flight which prevented me from arriving at a decent hour. The manager refused to apply the deposit and I had to pay for 2 night s stay when I only could stay 1 night

Location was amazing right outside the door is 18th street which has great clubs, bars and places to eat.

• 18th Aug 2014

Good place and a fun time. Great location.

When booking a hostel I look for very specific things. Firstly location, and this hostel could not be in a better location. It is slap bang in the middle of the biggest party street in Washington, surrounded by bars, restaurants, pubs and cheap eats, plus there are two subway stations within walking distance which allow you to access all the sites. Second comes cost, and this is the cheapest hostel in Washington DC. That's just a fact.

• 16th Aug 2014

Worst hostel Ive ever stayed at. I confirmed there was available parking the day before, when I arrived they told me there was none and refused to discuss it. The deskman said there were streets nearby you could park during the night, but wouldnt tell me which ones or what hours, even though i politely asked for help, explaining I wasnt from the area, instead I was insulted. When ever I tried to speak, he interrupted me. I ended up paying a fortune on parking. The room doors also didnt lock.

• 11th Aug 2014

A total fabrication. Having done this for the past 20 years I deal with parking everyday. If you arrive past 6:00pm I will advise you can park on any side street to help save YOU money and then park the car in the parking lot the next day and we give you back 19 dollars. This is all in order to help you save money. I always offer parking. ALWAYS. The rooms always lock. You need to turn the key.

Except wifi speed

I really enjoyed my stay here. The atmosphere is great and chilled. The location on Adams Morgan is fantastic - you have all the restaurants and bars just outside the door - and it's only a 20 min walk to all the sights or you can take the bus/metro if you prefer Would definitely come back

Good choice if you don't want to spend to much money on a place to stay. Everything you need is there, but its nothing too fancy. Lots of nice people to meet in the hostel!

• 4th Aug 2014