Washington International Student Center Reviews

2451 18th Street NW, DC 20009, Washington DC, USA

Very friendly staff! Thank you for everything

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Switzerland

The location is great., right in the middle of Adams Morgan area. Easy metro+bus/walk from downtown. Finding the entrance was a bit hard, it's a very small door in between two big establishments. Staff was good and friendly, but I had problems with cleanliness. I was there for 3 days and 2 nights and I am absolutely sure that there was no cleaning of the room. Bathroom was ok. When I asked for an extra blanket because I was cold, I was given 2 extra sheets instead. Kinda not the same thing.

Great staff. Good stay

We stayed here for 4 nights in total - it is clean, cheap and in an excellent location! Would definitely recommend it.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Scotland

I thought the localtion of the hostel was central, and, therefore, it allowed me to move around easily without wasting too much time. I thought, however, that the facilities were average (no iron to iron clothes, no laundrette). Yet, I used the laundrette in the neighbourhood and it was fine ! Overall, I had a good stay ! Thanks ! Sophie

• 8th Jun 2014

Thanks for your kindness

• 28th May 2014
  • Spain

You should have let us know before we arrived that you could not pick up us. Otherwise, never exaggerate please.

The place is a goog location

I ended up staying 3 nights instead of 1 because other people had cancelled. At first I was concerned with the security of the place (the lockers are tiny and cost $6 so you must leave your belongings in the bedroom), but it was not a problem at all in the end. The free breakfast and the kitchen are great, I shopped at the nearby Safeway so I didn't spend much money on food during my stay in Washington DC. Good location: 25 bike ride away from downtown. There's a bike station by the McDonald's

• 21st May 2014

Loved it. The management is very thoughtful and competent. Right in the middle of Adams Morgan, a really fun neighborhood. I recommend it!

Very cool hostel!! they are very well located in DC, in a party street with every kind of pub and restaurants, live music and good atmosphere. Stuff was nice, specially the polish girl, and helpful and it was quiet clean. Kitchen is big and they give you free breakfast, not very good... but is free!!! I will definitely come back if i am in DC!

The kitchen was not clean, there is not enough bathroom at all.

I have really enjoyed my stay at Washington Student Center. Location is the best in DC, in a very fun street with music and every kind of pubs and restaurant from all over the world and 20 min away form monuments and museums. Staff is nice and the place is clean and good enough for the prices they have. I definitely recommend this hostel !!

There was a club just behind the hostel and it was so noisy till 3 a.m. in the morning, so hard to sleep.

Very friendly staff, great location. Lockers available and you get your own keys so getting in and out at your will was very convenient. Everyone staying there was really nice and made us feel very welcome and comfortable. Located right in the middle of a cool neighborhood full of bars and restaurants and shops; walking distance to a bikeshare station which is then like a 10 minute bike ride to the National Mall. Would definitely stay here again.

• 11th Apr 2014

Hostel was standard and I could handle the music coming from the bar below until 2am, but not loud, drunk guests yelling, fighting, and playing music until 5am. Someone kicked my door. Cut my stay short was not given refund. I shouldn't have to get out of bed to tell unruly guests to be quiet. Totally ruined the experience.

• 4th Apr 2014

Stayed for a conference and the hostel was perfect for me and my needs,

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • Nicaragua

The hostel is absolutely great. It is very cosy and has a lovely kitchen for those who enjoy cooking and living-room where you can meet students from many countries in the world. Bars, restaurants and supermarket are just a few steps away. The bus station is just right across the street and you just need to take only one bus to come to the Union Station which I found extremely convenient. My favourite part of the hostel is the very nice and helpful hosts. I had a wonderful time there

• 20th Mar 2014
  • Vietnam

If on a budget that is good, but you only get what you pay for. I would not go there again.

• 20th Mar 2014

Of you don't minder to hear the music of the bar downstairs, thuis is a great place. Lot of restaurants and bars around. Clean room and bathroom.

View all Washington DC Hostels