Washington International Student Center Reviews

2451 18th Street NW, DC 20009, Washington DC, USA

Great customer service! Really nice and forward with information.

• 16th Jan 2016

Very nice hostel, great location and nice staff. good bathrooms and livingroom

• 13th Jan 2016
  • Albania

Old school hostel in a good location, good value for money for a hostel in the US. Feels dodgy but honestly adds charm, met quite a few characters and had a few laughs. Dorm room was small, would have been better if there had been some more space.

The staff was helpful with directions and where to go. The area was very charming with lots of clubs and restaurants. The bed I was in was very comfortable. As a single woman from China I felt very safe and that is important to me.

• 31st Dec 2015
  • China

The hostel is good, the staff was nice and the atmosphere there is really good. The location is perfect, the street is full of restaurants and bars. I totally recommend it.

• 21st Dec 2015
  • Venezuela

Need to have soap for handwashing in restrooms. Kitchen not inviting. Preferred the Diner downstairs - good place for a quick satisfying meal.

• 20th Nov 2015

The hostel is very dirty. Very dirty and smelly. I have never seen such a dirty place. But it is cheep...

The hostel is cleaned daily. The key word is daily. There were 4 women in the room you were in and the week before you came the carpets got washed so I have no a clue as to your comments.

Hard to find at first. Super location, Adams Morgan is just great. Some of staff members are bit bizarre, but still very friendly.

Nice to have hot showers, fast wifi, and comfy couches. Fellow travelers were up for it and cute. Holy cow, cold room. Thicker bed covers would be good at this time of year. Thanks for the good stay!

I loved it here. The staff was funny, friendly, and so accommodating. I missed my check-in date because of my flight and they not only saved me a bed, but gave me an upgrade to a private room. The place had everything I wanted: spotless sheets, clean bathrooms, great location, a cozy lounge atmosphere, and free breakfast. Thanks y'all :)

The staff were extremely helpful and available. We had a great stay here and would stay here again!

• 1st Nov 2015

There's carpet on the ground accumulating whatever dirt for years on end. The staff was generally unhelpful and outright rude. I had to leave very early, so the staff told me to leave the keys on the main table and forgot to reimburse me the 5 dollar key deposit. When I complained about it, he gave me a weird looking 5 dollar bill that was not accepted at any metro machines.

Nice try. We clean and vacuum the hostel daily. When asked we give back the 5 dollar key deposit all of the time. Everyday in fact since Bill Clinton was President. You got a weird looking 5 dollar bill? Is it supposed to be a coin? If you are going to leave early we give you 5 dollars the night before if you are leaving before 8:00am. We give back 5 dollars all the time.

Staff were accommodating and flexible, catered to my needs well. Hostels beds were nice and comfortable, everything was clean, orderly, and in its place.

• 25th Oct 2015
  • Indonesia

Excellent place to stay. Great location as well.

• 23rd Oct 2015

Good hostel in great location. It was fun since the people there who worked seemed to care more than other places. Adams Morgan which I did not know of before I came there is a great place to party.

Great location in Adams Morgan but don't expect much inside - and it's freezing!

We found out few surprises during our stay. First of all, they say that there is free parking next to the hostel, that isn't true. Or at least they couldn't tell us where is was exactly so we ended up driving around the neighbourhood looking for a spot. And luckily found one that was free the whole weekend after 8pm on Friday. Second, we didn't know that they only take cash, so that was a bit irritating, since it is more expensive to get cash from ATM with international credit cards. Overall OK

• 16th Oct 2015
  • Finland

We give you a parking pass which you did not want to get. Plus you came late on a Friday night which is very hard since we are in a popular area and when all the cars come in as they do on a Friday and Saturday night we cannot help that parking space runs out.

The hostel is located on a street full of bar and restaurants geared to college age students, and is not that far from downtown. The bathrooms were always clean, as were the sheets and towels i got. Staff were nice and helpful. My room was guys only, so it was nice that I could change in the room and didn't ave to go to the bathroom.

• 16th Oct 2015

The staff was absolutely wonderful. Truly a global bunch, and eager to learn more about new people and places.

The hostel was ok. The staff was very friendly and the location is definitely the best part of it. The rooms themselves were fine and the beds were comfortable. I have no complaints.

View all Washington DC Hostels