Washington International Student Center Reviews

2451 18th Street NW, DC 20009, Washington DC, USA

The Washington International Center was a cosy hostel with many travelers moving in and out of the hostel. The location is around a club district so it might get a bit noisy till 1am every night. But it is convenient to get late night options for food since most of the clubs and restaurants open till late.

This was my first time staying alone at a hostel, and based on this experience, I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. The hostel is about a 10 minute walk from the Metro and an easy 20 minutes to Dupont Circle. Everything that I needed was provided and met some really cool people. I came up for a soccer match and ended up bringing someone i met with me! Try the pizza next door for a great slice of Jumbo Pizza!

• 13th May 2015

Excellent hostel! I've stayed in a lot of hostels the past few months and this is one of the best. Front staff was exceptionally friendly. Rooms and bathrooms were very clean and other guests were interesting people. I'd stay here again.

Excellent hostel, excellent price, exceptional people working there who actually talk you rather than treating you as a number. Oh and a great location. I was sad to only be staying there one night and I would stay there again in a heart beat.

Rooms are really small for so many people with no space for the suitcases. But the staff is really really friendly and helpfull and you can feel like in a family even if you stay only a few nights. It is quite far from the center but the buses stop are really close and it is really easy to get downtown.

• 10th May 2015

Well the problem with this hostel is the location, not that it is bad, it's in a great neighborhood. Adams morgan is great locality so many options in and around. But the hostel doesn't live up to the oomph and awe of adams morgan. Staff at the hostel are just amazing unfortunately this is the only good thing about this place.

it was all good - this is what i expect from a hostel. thank you!

Location is definitely unbeatable, and it is cheap! There aren't many restrooms available so you might have to wait. Try to get a room far from the window facing the 18th street as the place is quite noisy at nights. Breakfast is ok. Ask for an additional blanket if you are traveling during winter or spring. I didn't get their forbid sleeping bag signs, why?

• 1st May 2015
  • Colombia

staff poor, cleaniess poor , atmosphere poor

Very nice hostel!! and cheap!!! I spend couple days there and met lot of fun people, it is situated in an amazing street with restaurants and bars and not far away of downtown. I will come back for sure!!

• 23rd Apr 2015
  • Angola

They only accept cash, a point not made clear on their website. The room was freezing, and it was not entirely clear if the sheets were fresh or just re-made after the last guest. Location is great though.

• 23rd Apr 2015

Had a great time in DC.

• 21st Apr 2015

Loved my stay at the Student Center. Facilities were great, the staff was remarkable, and the neighborhood had a great vibe. This will be my first choice for hostels in DC the next time I stay at a hostel, definitely!

• 19th Apr 2015

I liked that the room was clean but the blankets and pillow cases need to be replaced. The blankets seemed so worn out. I really wished that there would have been a fan, the room was stuffy even though I left the window opened the whole night. The bathroom was super clean. The staff present on my arrival were very nice. The hostel is in a great location. I would recommend this hostel to peers.

• 13th Apr 2015
  • Tanzania

First of all the location is brilliant! The hostel is only a 30 minute walk away so I had no problem seeing all the sights Washington, D.C. has to offer. The night life around the hostel is brilliant as there are clubs and bars all up and down the street. The staff were all really cool and friendly and the atmosphere was always chilled and relaxing. If you're going to Washington then this is the place to go!

We had a problem about the place to sleep. However, all staff were kind to us and we had a good time in this hostel. :)

• 28th Mar 2015
  • Japan

The staff was helpful and knowledgable about the city. The rooms are simple but enough to sleep in. Only downside is the private rooms have no bathrooms. Good location, easy access to public transportation.

• 23rd Mar 2015

Best. Ever. If you like laid back places and chill people, this is the place for you. For a wild time, go to shenanigans for the open bar Friday and Saturday ($10 all you an drink)

• 15th Mar 2015

Excellent location (lively bars and discos), Bus leading to Dupon Circle - which leads to easy access to many of Washington monuments, theaters). Friendly atmosphere.

It is really convenient which is near subway station and DC zoo, and it is surrounded by many restaurants and lovely stores. I had a very good night there.

• 21st Feb 2015