Washington International Student Center Reviews

2451 18th Street NW, DC 20009, Washington DC, USA

Lots of hostels have "nice" staff. But this one has nice AND cool staff. They were seriously cool people that made it fun to hang out in the lobby and meet other travelers. Other than that and the great location, the hostel was mediocre. But not any worse than you'd expect for the price. If you're like me and just need a place to crash and meet people for as cheap as possible, this hostel is your best bet.

Not only was this hostel located in one of the best hip spots in town, it was staffed by awesome people - seriously made the stay so much better due to their local knowledge and friendliness. I'd definitely recommend this to anyone who wants to be close to the Metro, close to Tryst Coffee House (cafe/bar three doors down with the best bang for your buck), and in a generally safe area.

The place really served my needs and was quite affordable for the vibrant area it is in. Pretty close to the museums and national monuments. Great place to meet people.

• 28th Sep 2014

The hostel is located above a bar. Its noisy at night!! One dorm room is facing the street so trying to sleep on a weekend night is trying to fall asleep at a bustling bar. Not good!! The staff are nice. The hostel facilities are kept clean but the place is quite rundown.

The staff was really nice and helpful. The wifi worked perfectly throughout the building. The room and the kitchen were equipped as expected but not very clean. There is only one bathroom per floor, which didn't bother me as I never had to wait. The bathroom was quite clean.

• 24th Sep 2014
  • Switzerland

I've stayed at duo housing before and they were better. This place has a tv in the lobby and the man at the front desk watches only what he wants. Breakfast was toast and oj (duo does pancakes!) overall tho this place is decent and worth the price, though I wish they did more in the living area to facilitate guest interaction. I did like the ac in the rooms

• 18th Sep 2014
  • Puerto Rico

This has been one of the best hostel experiences I have had. The facilities are great, the hostel is in a vibrant and wonderful location. You can walk to the White House and the National Mall. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. I would definitely book a room at this hostel if I were to ever return to DC.

• 15th Sep 2014

Great place to stay if you're on a budget! Best location of any hostel I've stayed in, bars and restaurants to suit any taste on the doorstep. Staff were very friendly, felt like you were a part of their family: good place to come if you want to meet new people.

Worst place I have ever stayed! They tried to overcharge us, Door didnt lock properly, a guy from another room managed to unlock our door with his key and wander in! Got moved to a different room cuz owner wanted our one to be a private room. No space for our belongings in the new room due to the staffs belongings everwhere. Kitchen looked like someone had vomited all over it. Owner walked into our room in the middle of the night every night - he was so rude everytime he spoke to us. STAY AWAY

It was super great, I met tons of fun people next time I go again

• 5th Sep 2014