Washington International Student Center Reviews

2451 18th Street NW, DC 20009, Washington DC, USA

Friendly staff, clean bedroom and restroom, fast wifi, close to everything,I would definitely recommend this hostel.

• 13th Mar 2014
  • China

The hostel had everything we were looking for, in a good location and we had a really good time. Staff were friendly and I would recommend this hostel to others on their spring break vacation as it is affordable.

• 10th Mar 2014

Where to begin.... Though the hostel is conveniently located in Adams Morgan, it is difficult to find if you're new to the area. I walked past it 3 times in 40-degree weather upon my arrival to DC. Even though I booked my reservation online, there is no computer for staff members to look up reservations, and it's cash only. The whole place looks kinda grimy and the kitchen and the bathrooms were gross. And Steve (the owner) made a number of racist "jokes" at my expense during my stay.

• 8th Mar 2014

True, there is a computer each of have. RIGHT ON THE DESK. I do prefer and keep my information written in Mead Note Books. The information gets done by hand, pen, and paper. An old concept for sure and I even use a rotary phone. Bet you never get to see them anymore!! The kitchen and bathrooms are cleaned everyday by a cleaning woman. Yes, Steve can tell a joke and I am sure those with sensitive ears can take it the wrong way but then as Chris Rock has said some people need a life. Try it.

The hostel is in a great location in the heart of Adams Morgan, surrounded by dozens of bars and restaurants. It's only a short walk or bus ride away to the White House, the Mall, and the Smithsonian. There is a kitchen if you want to do some cooking. The staff is really friendly, welcoming, helpful, and like to have fun. I'd definitely recommend staying here!

• 26th Feb 2014

The hostel was fine. Came early in the week so it was not so busy. Just 2 other women in the dorm. The area rocks with many different kinds of clubs, bars and even an old style used book store. Shared the dorm with 2 women. The building is not new but loved using what seemed to be a new bathroom down the hall. The hostel did not come pick me up as they said they would but they did pay for the taxi. Great!!

• 25th Feb 2014

The Washington international student center is an unbelievable bargain for that price and it's location. If your fairly self sufficient, who's needs are simple with safety, comfort, a kitchen, a bed, free internet, cable in the shared lounge area, friendly staff and guests being all you want to pay for, then this place is perfect.

• 17th Feb 2014

Hostel was good. Located in a very cool area with lots of clubs and bars with lots of people in their 20's living in the area. Easy to get around. Staff varies. Hostel has a nice home feel to it.

The hostel was dirty and poorly furnished. Upon arrival I found the staff member to be unwelcoming and have quite an abrasive attitude. The 'pay' computer did not function properly - I could not wait to leave!

• 3rd Feb 2014