Washington International Student Center Reviews

2451 18th Street NW, DC 20009, Washington DC, USA

This hostel is awsome, great location, breakfast included, and GREAT staff and atmosphere. We stayed there 4 nights and felt like at home! Thank you guys for this amazing stay!

• 6th Jun 2015

The owner was not professional and neither was the first impression of the hotel. It looked like an outdated 70s living room. Not filthy per se, but not clean. The owner also took a long time to check us in. The bathroom we used had a very dirty sink (and was the only bathroom on our floor so we had to wait) and the chair in our room had hair trimmings on it. Pretty disgusting. The beds were very squeaky, kept us up. The neighborhood is cute though. About 20-30 min walk to downtown.

Not very clean -floors unswept; fridge especially had all kinds of things in in that seemed old and unattended. Many of the "rules" were not posted on the internet: they wanted no one from DC, MD, or VA (I was from MD), no debit card (that's all I had),etc. No 8:00 breakfast because I had to leave at 7:30am I'm not handicapped but the two story set of stairs all in a row (no landings) to get up to the office was a bit much especially when I had to go back down right away to get my things.

Staying there was okay. You can stay there for one or two nights. The living room isnt that cosy though. The staff is also okay. It gave me some advise where to go and where not to go. Unfortunately I stayed there in the middle of the week and the whisky bar near the hostel was closed. The location is very great though. You will find many bars there.

• 2nd Jun 2015

It would be much better if it was clean

It's not a bad hostel but I'm sure there's better ones to stay in. No atmosphere which is a shame because it's surrounded by bars. Location is good, close to the metro. Facilities are ok and the staff are helpful.

I had very nice time there :)

1 2 3 Next » last »