Waterland Hotel Reviews

35/42 Nguyen Cong Tru str, Hue, Vietnam

very helpful staff and the room was spotless always be pleasantly returned from a days out of him quite often with complimentary coffee and or ginger tea you will really enjoy your stay here. A great free breakfast menu and easy walking to many good restaurants.

We had the family room which roomed four people. The room was huge which have us all pleanty of space. Very clean and provide fresh towels each day. I couldn't make a fault about the hostel - great location to!

• 20th Nov 2014

Really lovely staff and excellent ginger tea and fruit on arrival and throughout my stay. The room was really nice and had everything you need. They were also really accommodating when we had to book another room. I would definitely stay here again. Booked a DMZ tour with them which was good, saw loads of sites and had a good full day. (I survived the motorbike ride to Hoi An!!! :) )

Welcomed with fruit and drink and told of trips. Would have been a little difficult to find without the aid of taxi first time round being in a kind of alleyway but convenient thereafter. Free breakfast and they arranged and collected our onward train ticket with no extra charge above face value of ticket. Good for a short stay.

The Waterland hotel in Hue was excellent. The staff were very helpful and accomodated all our ueries. The only problem was the hotel did not have a lift and my senior citiizen aunt found it difficult to climb to flights of stairs as our room was in the second floor. Otherwise, the food, helpful and smiling nature of the staff was excellent. The rooms too were very good and we enjoyed every minute of our stay there.

• 12th Nov 2014
  • India
  • All Female Group, 41+

The waterland hotel was excellent accommodation for what we paid. We asked for a twin room and got two big double beds. The staff let it down unfortunately though, we were either being aggressively sold tours or unable to communicate due to a lack of english. I wouldn't let it stop me booking here again though

Free pickup by manager and warm welcome with tea and fruit upon arrival. We stayed 2 nights but didn't really see any other guests, probably low season. Breakfast free with options such as baguette and omlette. They organised temple/pagoda tour for us but we found out later this was expensive compared to others.

Picked-up at the station after an overnight train trip and was welcomed at the hotel long before standard check-in with a plate of fresh fruit and shake. Small problem with the toilet, but it was fixed within minutes. Staff was very friendly, courteous, and helpful. All and all, very excellent value for money.

The hostel was ok but equally I wouldn't recommend it.They offer a free pick up from the train station but despite us emailing them they didn't pick us up

Dear Thank you for your comment , I would like to let you know , When you have arrived our hotel , we did not have email your request offer pick up and We have discussion about that , You told you have just email few minutes arrived at train . If we have organize pick up , You have let me know few hours for ready , Not Just few minutes for pick up . Please write to us at least 5 hours before pick-up request

Waterland had the friendliest staff we encountered in Vietnam and the room was large and clean. I would recommend staying here. It is a short walk from the backpacker area and the river.

• 1st Sep 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Very nice owner. She offers free fruits and smoothies. Very comfortable beds. Unfortunately we had a cockroach in our room.

Three of us stayed here for a night after a very tiring journey to Hue. The hotel were very accommodating and the staff were friendly and spoke English well. They provided information about tours and were very happy to help arrange anything for us (e.g. taxi to local bus station). The room was very clean and was comfortable to stay in. Breakfast was included which was tasty but basic. Overall a nice and easy-going stay.

This was a lovely place to stay we were warmly welcomed by the staff who are a credit to the owner. It is situated in a small alley way & so it is much quieter than the others, the hints & advice were great I highly recommend this hotel

Very nice and clean hotel. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. About a 5 minute walk away from the main restaurants and pubs.

Extremely helpful staff. Rented us a automatic bike/scooter for 17 usd. Sounds steep but it included in house breakdown cover. Reason it was 17 usd is because we were riding 144km north to khe sanh and they would have picked us up if there were any issues. Try finding that from your local street vendor. We were also rented the same bike for 30 usd to take us from Hue to Hoi An via the Hai Van Pass. This included them collecting the bike and delivering our bagage. Much cheaper than others

We stayed here for 2 nights and really enjoyed it. The room was really big (only downside was there was no lift!), and the staff were so friendly - lots of advice and free fruit platters and fruit juice!

• 12th Aug 2014

Staff are the most accommodating we have had!

Dear Robinson Thank you so much for having chosen Waterland Hotel for your recent vacation. We are very happy to hear that you have enjoyed your staying with Waterland Hotel We are also greatly delightful to know that you are pleases with our services.

Thank you for the services n hospitality. We can enjoy the trip to LaVang church by private car.

Dear Ely Thank you for sharing your experiences during your recent stay with us. We are thankful to your ideas giving an intention to contribute to a perfect service that we should attain.

Good free breakfast. Good location. Potentially had a rat in our room but unconfirmed.

In the summer 2014 I travelled in Vietnam from the South to the North so I have an opportunity to evaluate many hostels/hotels. This hotel was average. I book the Deluxe with one king size bedroom. What I was given surprised me so much. The door to the shower was squeaking and the main light was broken. In the room 3 additional lights were broken. I found a cigarette but next to my bed. The kettle was still filled with rotten water. Additionally, the air conditioning was quite loud.