Wave Trotter Reviews

Santa Tersa-Puntarenas, 200 m Sur de la Plaza, Santa Teresa, Costa Rica

Very nice, highly recommended.

Amazing hostel. Super clean, secure and has a great energy. Wave Trotter is owned and run by the nicest Italian family- there are so sweet, you'll love staying there.

• 6th Feb 2015

Stayed in dorms but the front desk ran out of locks for the security boxes......

• 5th Feb 2015

One of out favorite Hostels while traveling around Costa Rica. Hostel had a great vibe, amazing kitchen and great location. Booked dorm and private rooms, both were wonderful. Santa Teresa is a nice walk the beach, go to the bakeries, watch the sunset and have an amazing late night dinner kind of place.

The two Argentina girls were awesome and the family man who runs the hostel was very friendly and informative! I only stayed there one night, but wish I could of stayed there a few more days to really enjoy the different lifestyles. It was really mellow and felt very safe to walk to and from the hostel. The rooms were clean and bathrooms were nice. It was pretty affordable in Santa Teresa and would recommend anyone to stay there!

Wonderful place. I like privacy so I booked a 2 bed room for myself that was set back from the main house (no. 31 I think). Giovanni was super helpful- told me where to rent an ATV, get surf lessons, etc. All of his recs were great. If you want to hang out, very friendly and conducive environment. Great for surfers, folks go out in groups even if they just met. I'm 36 and was on the upper range of guest age range, but I didn't feel like I was at a kindergarten.

• 30th Jan 2015

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights and had a private room with a bathroom. The hostel was right off of the main road and was in the middle of town. There were 3 fridges and a full kitchen. It was clean, laid back and everyone was friendly. It was exactly like I was expecting it to be and was a great value for what we got. I felt safe and comfortable. There were also people there of all ages and some with children.

Best hostel in Santa Teresa! Hands down! Felt a little suspicious of my roommates, but that goes along with a hostel. Perfect location, facilities, and staff. 10/10 any day.

• 4th Jan 2015

Very good place ! We leave this place to go to Tambor (in order to continue our trip) but we miss the atmosphere, the staff and the girls !!! It was so good :-) we recommend Wave Trotter as well for everyone (moreover they speak english and spanish).

• 3rd Jan 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

We only stayed at Wave Trotter for one night, but it was a great experience. The room wasn't ready when we showed up, but the owner promised that our bags would be safe in the main area. Since the hostel is off the main road, I felt comfortable knowing that they wouldn't get foot traffic or have anyone creepy poking around our stuff. The rooms were cozy but comfortable. There were some bugs on the walls, but this is Costa Rica, so you'd better get used to that. Lovely kitchen area and hammocks!

• 2nd Jan 2015

Nice building and back yard. Hammocks and lockers. Friendly staff. Nice dorms. Good kitchen but no breakfast. Good bathrooms but need soap.

Good mattresses! It get's a bit hot at times despite the ceiling fan but other than that it's a nice place to stay in Santa Teresa and was clean at all times when I stayed there. Giovanni the owner is really knowledgeable and helpful

Giovanni and family are awesome! Can't beat the place for the money. The environment is warm and inviting. The kitchen is awesome! Has an industrial range. Location is rad. Most of all you will enjoy the warm and inviting italian charm of the place.

Great Hostel