Wave Trotter Reviews

Santa Tersa-Puntarenas, 200 m Sur de la Plaza, Santa Teresa, Costa Rica

Really cool place with an awesome atmosphere. Mike is willing to help with anything which helps a lot if you've just arrived.

I spent a relaxing time there. I recommend it.

Nice duobleroom with terrace, a lot of hammocks. 5 min walk to the beach. Lovely garden and friendly staff! Very good atmosphere! Would definitly stay here again!

• 2nd Mar 2015
  • Sweden

Very chilled our hostel in a really nice airy building. Easy stroll to the beach and supermarket

Very nice, highly recommended.

I stayed in a private room and a dorm. The private room was nice and as you would expect for a room of that value. Although no toilet paper in the bathroom. The shower here was far better than where I had been previously. In the dorm, my only complaint was the mattress. The family who own the hostel have two young children. But they were cute and did not bother me. The building itself was very nice as well. I felt both Santa Teresa and Wave trotters had a magical feel about it. Sun and Surf :)

• 24th Feb 2015

Amazing hostel. Super clean, secure and has a great energy. Wave Trotter is owned and run by the nicest Italian family- there are so sweet, you'll love staying there.

• 6th Feb 2015

Stayed in dorms but the front desk ran out of locks for the security boxes......

• 5th Feb 2015

One of out favorite Hostels while traveling around Costa Rica. Hostel had a great vibe, amazing kitchen and great location. Booked dorm and private rooms, both were wonderful. Santa Teresa is a nice walk the beach, go to the bakeries, watch the sunset and have an amazing late night dinner kind of place.

The two Argentina girls were awesome and the family man who runs the hostel was very friendly and informative! I only stayed there one night, but wish I could of stayed there a few more days to really enjoy the different lifestyles. It was really mellow and felt very safe to walk to and from the hostel. The rooms were clean and bathrooms were nice. It was pretty affordable in Santa Teresa and would recommend anyone to stay there!

Wonderful place. I like privacy so I booked a 2 bed room for myself that was set back from the main house (no. 31 I think). Giovanni was super helpful- told me where to rent an ATV, get surf lessons, etc. All of his recs were great. If you want to hang out, very friendly and conducive environment. Great for surfers, folks go out in groups even if they just met. I'm 36 and was on the upper range of guest age range, but I didn't feel like I was at a kindergarten.

• 30th Jan 2015