Wave Trotter Reviews

Santa Tersa-Puntarenas, 200 m Sur de la Plaza, Santa Teresa, Costa Rica

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights and had a private room with a bathroom. The hostel was right off of the main road and was in the middle of town. There were 3 fridges and a full kitchen. It was clean, laid back and everyone was friendly. It was exactly like I was expecting it to be and was a great value for what we got. I felt safe and comfortable. There were also people there of all ages and some with children.

Best hostel in Santa Teresa! Hands down! Felt a little suspicious of my roommates, but that goes along with a hostel. Perfect location, facilities, and staff. 10/10 any day.

• 4th Jan 2015

Very good place ! We leave this place to go to Tambor (in order to continue our trip) but we miss the atmosphere, the staff and the girls !!! It was so good :-) we recommend Wave Trotter as well for everyone (moreover they speak english and spanish).

• 3rd Jan 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

We only stayed at Wave Trotter for one night, but it was a great experience. The room wasn't ready when we showed up, but the owner promised that our bags would be safe in the main area. Since the hostel is off the main road, I felt comfortable knowing that they wouldn't get foot traffic or have anyone creepy poking around our stuff. The rooms were cozy but comfortable. There were some bugs on the walls, but this is Costa Rica, so you'd better get used to that. Lovely kitchen area and hammocks!

• 2nd Jan 2015

Nice building and back yard. Hammocks and lockers. Friendly staff. Nice dorms. Good kitchen but no breakfast. Good bathrooms but need soap.

Good mattresses! It get's a bit hot at times despite the ceiling fan but other than that it's a nice place to stay in Santa Teresa and was clean at all times when I stayed there. Giovanni the owner is really knowledgeable and helpful

Giovanni and family are awesome! Can't beat the place for the money. The environment is warm and inviting. The kitchen is awesome! Has an industrial range. Location is rad. Most of all you will enjoy the warm and inviting italian charm of the place.

Great Hostel