Wayfarers Independent Hostel - Penrith Reviews

19 Brunswick Square, Penrith, Lake District, England

Love this place! Very clean rooms, showers and kitchen facilities. Great for socializing over breakfast/dinner too. Didn't see a laundry room but there was a drying room in case we need to dry our items from the rain. Staff was helpful and polite, and also gave me a visitor slip for parking near by.

i thought the hostel was well run with a friendly and warm welcome,all the facilities were modern and v clean and tidy.

This place was wonderful, I was surprised at how nice it was, by far the nicest place I stayed in my month traveling in England. I would stay here again if in the area even if I have to go a bit out of the way to get to Penrith. A bit pricey but definitely worth it for what I got. The breakfast was great as well and the staff were very friendly.

• 21st Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Lovely, comfortable hostel. Everything was new and clean. Staff were great. Well equipped kitchen. Little expensive but that's to be expected in this area.

Fantastic place, building and location. The staff (a family I think) couldn't have been more helpful, welcoming and pleasant. They even held the sale of the spare bed in our room due to the fact that we had two toddlers in our group. Definitely would recommend this hostel!! Doodle Bug, Cheshire

• 2nd Jul 2014

This is a great,clean and modern hostal. Mark,Simon and family were very helpful and kind.

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Argentina

Very clean, comfortable, newly renovated hostel with friendly staff. Tea, coffee, milk, salt, pepper and other basics provided for use of guests. Appreciated. Hostel is in Penrith. Walking distance to good cooperative store.

Love the cosy atmosphere, friendly staff and THE KITCHEN! Very clean and has everything you need (didn't expect them to have boiling water ready, measuring cups, baking trays, cling films, and a dish washer!) Would love to come back for the next trip :)

Great place to stay, the owners were very nice and made the place feel like a home and were happy to help out with anything

View all Lake District Hostels