Welcome Cusco Hostel Reviews

Asociacion San Marcos A-3-San Blas, Cusco, Peru

Despite a 3 night reservation we only stayed 1 night. The bedding was dingy and stained with some prior guests hairs. I slept in my sleeping bag liner. The bathroom was shared, not an ensuite as originally stated. Bath tolerably clean, but no hot water. Was told to use a downstairs shower which was too tiny to hold clothes for dressing and not as clean as the upstairs bath.

Good hostel all around. Great location and charming rustic hostel. Staff very nice and good breakfast. Only downside is cold showers and the mattress is kind of uncomfortable but not as bad as some other places we have stayed, Would recommend this place all around.

The guaranteed "cold" water was in fact slightly colder than room temperature water. One of the two light bulbs in our 4-bed bedroom did not function, and breakfast was not provided on days we had to leave slightly early. It was also strange that we were unable to carry the key to our own room and there was no key provided to enter the hostel itself either. For the same price, or a few dollars extra you can find better located hostels with guaranteed hot-showers (a MUST especially for trekkers).

• 26th May 2015

Lovely hosts. It is situated in a great part of town. Sure you have to walk up a few stairs, but the views over the city make it worthwhile.

Rooms are a bit small and the water heat is inconsistent, but the staff are lovely and the place is pretty cosy.

It is way out of the way up a big hill, beautiful view but there is no common space to get to know other travelers. The guy at the front desk doesn't speak good English. He got very aggressive when I had to get my taxi to get a bus. I needed to get his payment but he just wouldn't let me leave. They don't have credit card machine... And still charged me additional fees even thou I ended up not staying the night. It was the worst hostel experience I have ever had.

Owner is very very nice. Location is on a hill so be prepared to put those legs to work!

The staff were lovely! Loved the breakfasts!! -pancakes, eggs, bread rolls, tea- and all with an amazing view over the city! We loved our stay here!

View all Cusco Bed and Breakfasts