Welcome Surf Hostel Reviews

Iha Grande, Angra dos Reis, Ilha Grande, Brazil

Overall had a great experience at the hostel. Nice common space and fun to be tucked back into the jungle. The rooms and bathrooms were fine, pretty average. I would definitely recommend it if you're looking for a chill outdoorsy vibe.

The hostel is very nice. Angela, who is the leader of the staff is very kind and so on the other people who works in there. I think that is a little bit far from the beach (only 4 o 5 blocks), but the atmosphere is great, we met a lot of people in the hostel. In a few words, Me a my friends recommend to you to go to welcome surf hostel!

Generally run down, very limited showering and bathroom facilities, breakfast was the worst I've had so far in Brazil and a strange atmosphere

They need to make some more improvement in their customer services!!!

• 21st Dec 2015

There is no reason for people to complain about walking to this hostel, its 5 minutes up a tiny hill. Not really anything to complain about but the atmosphere was fairly dull

Was worried since other posts said it was a bad location. It's not. it's not even a five minute walk from everything - great location. The breakfast was by far the best we have had at a hostel (think fruit, cakes, cereal, etc). The facilities were very clean, the staff very nice, and the atmosphere was great!

Nice hostel near the forrest, should have the name "jungle hostel", not surf hostel because it's not on the beach. Nice staff, nice place in the nature. Not for people who can't sleep with noise, as the walls are not very good and you hear everything (tv, cleaning at 8, cat fights, neighbours/owners activities in his bed in the night....)

Lovely little hostel, great location and Angela was beyond friendly and helpful. We loved our beds that were upstairs in the room, that way we had a bit more of privacy. Only thing I would recommend is activities that may gather the guests to socialize. Great value for money though, I would definitely stay here again!

Very nice atmosphere, full of kind people who made my time there an excellent experience. You have to go up a small hill in order to reach there.