Welcome Surf Hostel Reviews

Iha Grande, Angra dos Reis, Ilha Grande, Brazil

We really enjoyed our stay - breakfast was nice, the island is great and our room was really spacious. Really liked privacy curtains and the communal area was a nice place to relax too.

The atmosphere at Surf Hostel was excellent. There was a big outdoor area with hammocks, cozy couches and boardgames. Ilha Grande made you feel calm and relaxed and so did Surf Hostel. The breakfast was quite well, but you can't take any with you for lunch - be aware of the cameras ;)

• 22nd Jan 2016
  • Denmark

Overall had a great experience at the hostel. Nice common space and fun to be tucked back into the jungle. The rooms and bathrooms were fine, pretty average. I would definitely recommend it if you're looking for a chill outdoorsy vibe.

The hostel is very nice. Angela, who is the leader of the staff is very kind and so on the other people who works in there. I think that is a little bit far from the beach (only 4 o 5 blocks), but the atmosphere is great, we met a lot of people in the hostel. In a few words, Me a my friends recommend to you to go to welcome surf hostel!

Generally run down, very limited showering and bathroom facilities, breakfast was the worst I've had so far in Brazil and a strange atmosphere

They need to make some more improvement in their customer services!!!

• 21st Dec 2015

There is no reason for people to complain about walking to this hostel, its 5 minutes up a tiny hill. Not really anything to complain about but the atmosphere was fairly dull

Was worried since other posts said it was a bad location. It's not. it's not even a five minute walk from everything - great location. The breakfast was by far the best we have had at a hostel (think fruit, cakes, cereal, etc). The facilities were very clean, the staff very nice, and the atmosphere was great!

Nice hostel near the forrest, should have the name "jungle hostel", not surf hostel because it's not on the beach. Nice staff, nice place in the nature. Not for people who can't sleep with noise, as the walls are not very good and you hear everything (tv, cleaning at 8, cat fights, neighbours/owners activities in his bed in the night....)

Lovely little hostel, great location and Angela was beyond friendly and helpful. We loved our beds that were upstairs in the room, that way we had a bit more of privacy. Only thing I would recommend is activities that may gather the guests to socialize. Great value for money though, I would definitely stay here again!

Very nice atmosphere, full of kind people who made my time there an excellent experience. You have to go up a small hill in order to reach there.

the staff are very helpful and even stored my belongings for a couple of days while I hiked part of the island. The curtains on the beds is a nice little touch of privacy in such large rooms.

I really like this hostel but we had no breakfast since it was a low season (beginning of June).

• 5th Jun 2015

I spend a really good weekend, the hostel was plenty of young travellers, the atmosphere was great, people from the reception are really nice, they are always offering help ang giving advices for the treks or any kind of tour. They let us organise a BBQ in the hostel. I recommend (especially for the kindness of the staff on reception) !

• 4th Jun 2015

The place is great! Clean, have a cozy meeting room, accept credit cards.. and abave all things have a great staff.

• 4th Jun 2015

Great hostel to stay at and from there explore the island. The hostel is on the outskirt of the small town. There is a very relaxed vibe, couches, and hammocks where your can relax add to this feeling. The beds are exceptional comfortable; proper matrasses! And the breakfast contains all to start of your day. Staff is friendly, helpfull and cleaned two times a day when i was there. I would definitly recommend staying here.

Cats all over the place (so be careful if you're allergic) and quite far uphill and not many lights on the road at night. Otherwise nice place, helpful host, good breakfast. Kitchen offers basic equipment if you want to cook for yourself, Internet is fast and reliable.

The hostel is far from the beach or the main street compared to other hostels in the island, and the access is not the best if you're carrying a suitcase. There's no warm water in the shower. Leonardo, the owner, and his friends, are really creepy. If you book through any agency, like hostel world, Leonardo will send you an email asking for your credit card info to pay half of the prize on the reservation... I wouldn't repeat my stay at that hostel, not even for free.

• 31st Mar 2015
  • Spain

Solo female traveller that stayed three nights. Positives: was quiet so got to know the others staying, clean, small lockers in room, curtains around bed, quiet, owner/manager friendly and we all went out one night. Negatives: rustic, had to walk downstairs for toilet, no soap for hand washing, a bit further back from the main area (not necessarily negative but I was followed one night and asked someone to walk me because it was quiet and dark)

Really lovely staff, sadly though the property is too far away from the beach when compared to other places and also found it to be quite expensive for what it was . Very quiet place, stay here if you are looking to relax for a few days

« first « Prev 1 2 3