Wellywood Backpackers Reviews

58 Tory Street, Wellington, New Zealand

This is one of your run of the mill hostels. It is generally clean and tidy. The facilities are more than adequate for a hostel of its size and the location is great.

Oh God dont go there!!! I wish I was warned! It was by far the worst Hostel (especially for that price) I have ever stayed at - and Ive been to Asia. Extremely dirty, moldy, smelly and all in all just disgusting! I slept with my sleepingbag on top of the nasty matress as everything was so filthy, I was afraid to catch a disease. The kitchen is just as dirty and I hope you dont mind eating your food with nothing but knives. No pots, pans or cuttlery (besides knives) its useless. DONT STAY THERE!!

I don't want to rant so instead: I don't have anything positive to say about this place except that it's in a good location.

Excellent location!! Internet was expensive, only 2 plugs for a room with six people isn't enough and my biggest fault with the place- no lockers in the room. The lockers that are available on the 1st floor require money EACH time they are used... Theymessed up my booking on arrival, as I was supposed to be in a 4 bed dorm but gave me money back and free wifi an put me in a 6 bed girls-only dorm. One particular staff member was quite unfriendly, bordering on rude, the other lovely!