Weltempfänger Backpacker Hostel Reviews

Venloer Str. 196, 50823 Koln, Cologne, Germany

This place had the funkiest bar/common room ever. A good place to hang and meet others. Alternative theme in alternative district. Showers were limited, but adequate if you plan ahead. Beds were solid, mattresses were firm. I'd recommend it.

A very nice and clean hostel, very friendly and helpful staff, nice bar/cafe downstairs where you can mingle. The only problem was wifi can be extremely slow and very inconsistent, sometimes isn't able to even connect, especially in the rooms and the kitchen.

I really enoyed the stay. Loved the beers at 1.50. Definitively I ll be back in my next trip to Koln

The rooms were good. Small, clean and comfortable. Unfortunately a guy came into the hostel and tried to rob us twice in one night. We should have locked the door while we were sleeping but I also think there was some responsibility on the hostel that this man got into the building when it was apparently only accesible by guests. The staff were super lovely and friendly at all times. One other complaint was the kitchen. It was so disgusting that I couldn't cook food in it. Please clean it!

I was very happy staying at this hostel and would definitely stay again. Staff are friendly, facilities good and location great.

Arrived in Cologne Sunday night on getting to the hostel I immediately felt welcomed by the receptionist/bar tender Asi. A brief overview of local knowledge was well handy. Atmosphere at Weltempfanger is quite laid back and located near the S underground for Puisse.

On Saturday, while we were out, we came back to find an chocolate bar wrapper on one of our beds. We thought it might have been our 4th roommate who had moved out while we were gone, but the cleaners had come through to change the garbage cans, so we aren't sure what happened. It was a little disgusting but it didn't really leave a mess in the bed so we just threw it out.

• 27th Feb 2015

It was a decent place but only had one washroom on each floor and the one on my floor was out of toilet paper the night I stayed there. I informed the staff but I can only assume they forgot because no toilet paper appeared until the morning.

the internet will disconnect all the time, the slowest I've ever seen (even in the reception area) and they changed passwords and networks names every single day. It drove me nuts.

Pleasant stay! ThanXX. Quiet sleep, good breakfast, nice atmosphere, helpful staff, ...

• 21st Jan 2015

Internet was really bad, it disconnects you every 2 minutes. The comon room and the kitchen were very dirty, specially the microwave and the oven (I think that wasn't cleqned for months). Finally the room was only cleaned once during our 7 days stay.

There were 2 wifi points and the one from our was not working with the login data that they provided.. Therefore i had to go downstairs to use internet for connecting to the other wlan. Although there were cabins to lock my stuff, there is no locks provided on it.

If one wifi spot is not working it would be best to inform us, so we can fix it quickly. Fitting locks are provided at the reception. Sorry for this misunderstanding.