Weltempfänger Backpacker Hostel Reviews

Venloer Str. 196, 50823 Koln, Cologne, Germany

the internet will disconnect all the time, the slowest I've ever seen (even in the reception area) and they changed passwords and networks names every single day. It drove me nuts.

Pleasant stay! ThanXX. Quiet sleep, good breakfast, nice atmosphere, helpful staff, ...

• 21st Jan 2015

Internet was really bad, it disconnects you every 2 minutes. The comon room and the kitchen were very dirty, specially the microwave and the oven (I think that wasn't cleqned for months). Finally the room was only cleaned once during our 7 days stay.

There were 2 wifi points and the one from our was not working with the login data that they provided.. Therefore i had to go downstairs to use internet for connecting to the other wlan. Although there were cabins to lock my stuff, there is no locks provided on it.

If one wifi spot is not working it would be best to inform us, so we can fix it quickly. Fitting locks are provided at the reception. Sorry for this misunderstanding.

Nice enough hostel, but no real hostel vibes. I wasn't there long so it's hard to really say, maybe it picks up a bit more. Definitely a nice enough place to just pass through the way I did.

They gave me a free upgrade to a 4-bunk dorm over the 6-bunk dorm I had paid for. The room was so cute, and the little lights and chargers next to each bed were amazingly convenient!

Probably best place I've stayed at for the money. Great and friendly staff. Good facilities. I'll return there given the opportunity.

Excellant hostel , very good location near to Metro station ... The staff was friendly .

• 24th Oct 2014
  • Greece

Nice selection of beers in the fridge. Good atmosphere on the ground floor. Location is nice as there are bars and restaurants down the street, and the hostel is right outside a metro station. As big city hostels go, this is about as good as they get.

Very good hostel. There was a band playing when I arrived, but was nice and by midnight they finished. I recommend this place.

Great place to stay in Cologne. Wonderful café downstairs, with a great atmosphere. Breakfast and cakes are highly recommended!

I will just sum it in 1 sentence: Perfect".

Only one thing I did not like was wifi connection. They could give you wifi password, which lasts 2 hours. However, you would lose your wifi if you logged out or had bad connections. Hostel was easy to find so its all good I guess.