Weltempfänger Backpacker Hostel Reviews

Venloer Str. 196, 50823 Koln, Cologne, Germany

Had a great time. Staff were incredibly nice and helpful. Loved the downstairs cafe/bar. The dorm rooms did not lock automatically and my dorm-mates kept neglecting to lock the door behind them, but the rooms had big lockers for valuables. The room's en-suite was small but clean. I'd definitely stay here again.

Stayed in the hostel for one night as a stopover. Lovely little place with a cosy bar. Bit quiet on a Friday night but really nice just to chill in. Bar staff were really friendly and a big thanks to the owner for the free shots in the evening, felt very welcomed. Breakfast in the morning was fantastic and well worth the cover, especially since it was open till 12 and perfect for us late risers. Other than that the beds were comfortable and kitchen/facilities were fine.

• 21st Feb 2014

This hostel had a cafe/bar attached to it, and the staff was definitely more concerned with that area than the hostel area. I stayed here for three days, and the hand drying towel in the bathroom was never replaced, and it became crusty and gross. By the end of my stay, there was no longer hand soap or toilet paper in the bathroom. The staff was very friendly, and the hostel was located right outside of a metro stop, but it was a dirty, uncomfortable place to stay. I wouldn't stay here again.

It was very close from the metro station, not too difficult to get there even if you arrive at night. Also what I liked the most is the friendliness of the staff, they were very nice! My room was 6bed and sink was inside of the room, so you may need to be careful in case of getting up early while other roommates are sleeping.

• 28th Dec 2013
  • Japan

Spent just one night there. There was not much "atmosphere" (maybe its the time of the year) even though that doesn't bother me at all, since I'd rather go out and explore the nightlife of the city myself anyway. The staff was friendly and the bar downstairs is quite nice. The door that leads up to the rooms doesn't seem very well controled (even though I presume its safe enough for Köln). The rooms were very clean and had a nice toilet. The location is convenient, with many bars/services/clubs.

The place was really nice and had a good vibe to it.

not very good location, no lobby atmosphere, can not connect the wifi in the rooms ,not like the staff said.

A simple hostel, I recommend everyone who wants to just perenachivat

• 27th Nov 2013
  • Russia

Kitchen is pretty badly stocked, so don't expect to be cooking anything but basics. Otherwise its a decent cheap hostel with 20 minutes walk I'd say to city centre, otherwise there's a good host of shops and connecyions nearby anyway.

This hostel i extremely nice, receptionists were lonely and helpful. I had my most exhausted and happy days in Germany. Receptionists were very nice to me too. Beers sold at €3.9 were the best beer I have ever had.

Nice place to stay, 25 minute walk from city center or you could just take the train which is directly in front of the hostel, staff was friendly. Good little bar downstairs. Cheaper beer across the street at the kiosk though! Cheers!

One of the most beautiful hostel I ever saw with a coffee where you eat and drink very cheap and where it is very easy to meet nice people. A very very lovely place!

• 7th Nov 2013

Very good hostel. Everything was very clean, rooms were comfortable, hot showers and cool staff!. I would stay there again. 30 minutes walk from the main station, with a subway just in front of the hostel.