Fabulous 606 Total Reviews
Fabulous 606 Total Reviews
Weltempfänger Backpacker Hostel Located at Venloer Str. 196, 50823 Koln, Cologne.
Germany
Cologne North Rhine Westphalia Venloer Str. 196, 50823 Koln
83% 606
50.9462473 6.9260430
    Rooms available

18th May 2016

Great hostel, very welcoming, great atmosphere in the evenings. Good value for money, bakery's and a tube stop nearby for the mornings. Music events in the evening. Only complaint is that on the 1st floor it smelt like curry the whole time. Very nice curry.. But I could see someone else being quite annoyed at this.

29th Apr 2016

Very good. I just think the breakfast could be better

11th Mar 2016
7.7

The room was very nice and spacious with a comfy bed and a sink and mirror in the room. The showers/toilets were shared by the floor. The kitchen was nice and had everything you could need to whip up a meal. The downstairs is a cute cafe/bar with very nice staff and good food if you don't feel like cooking.

• England, Female, 18-24
11th Mar 2016

I was worried the directions given only take you to the the U Bahn station but the escalator up basically takes you to the hostel door- great location. Very nice, spacious rooms, good kitchen and common area. The staff were very friendly and there is always a good atmosphere in the bar downstairs. Only one toilet on our floor but I never had to wait.

• Poland, Male, 31-40
16th Jan 2016

Great value for money, very conveniant location, very good atmosphere, clean, well organised, that was a pleasure staying there.

• Germany, Female, 25-30
13th Jan 2016

When I arrieved I thought to be right in the cosiest café in town. Really welcoming. I had a pleasant stay! (I would just advice everybody to skip the breakfast and return back for coffee and beer.)

• Kiseock
  • South Korea, Male, 18-24
7th Jan 2016
6.3

1층에 들어오는 문이 두개가 있음. 하나는 카페로 들어오는 문이고 하나는 숙소로 들어가는 문인데 문제는 이 문임. 숙소로 들어가는 문을 열면 계단이 나오고, 카페 문이 있음. 즉, 숙소로 들어가는 문을 열어도 카페에서 못본다는거. 즉 아무나 들어가도 모름 ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ 이걸 나올 때 알았다... 주방은 넓고 쾌적하고 좋아요 샤워시설도 수압세고 괜찮은듯 ㅎㅎ 스탭이라고 따로있기보다 그냥 카페에 있는 여자분인데 친절해요 결론은 전반적으로 괜찮으나 보안의 문제가 조금ㅎㅎ

• Vietnam, Couple, 25-30
5th Dec 2015
8.0

The room is quite comfort, good location. I recommend it

4th Dec 2015
8.0

Kind staff and all in all good facility. At times smelly because of the kitchen (I stayed on 1st floor).

That is where the delicious soups are made ;-)

• India, Female, 25-30
4th Dec 2015
8.0

The policies of the hotel are strange - check-in closes at 9pm which is inconvenient if you arrive late flight/train. I had sent a message to Weltempfänger Hostel prior to arriving that I was arriving late and if this was OK. I never received a response. My flight arrived late at 11:30pm. The Staff initially told me that I could not check-in because it was after 9pm and I might disturb the guests. But he allowed me after some time and was very helpful. Staff was good, policies are poor.

Sorry for this inconvinience! Unfortunately we did not receive any email massage from you. Usually we are quite flexible concerning late check-ins.