Weltempfänger Backpacker Hostel Reviews

Venloer Str. 196, 50823 Koln, Cologne, Germany

Great value for money, very conveniant location, very good atmosphere, clean, well organised, that was a pleasure staying there.

• 16th Jan 2016
  • Poland

When I arrieved I thought to be right in the cosiest café in town. Really welcoming. I had a pleasant stay! (I would just advice everybody to skip the breakfast and return back for coffee and beer.)

1층에 들어오는 문이 두개가 있음. 하나는 카페로 들어오는 문이고 하나는 숙소로 들어가는 문인데 문제는 이 문임. 숙소로 들어가는 문을 열면 계단이 나오고, 카페 문이 있음. 즉, 숙소로 들어가는 문을 열어도 카페에서 못본다는거. 즉 아무나 들어가도 모름 ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ 이걸 나올 때 알았다... 주방은 넓고 쾌적하고 좋아요 샤워시설도 수압세고 괜찮은듯 ㅎㅎ 스탭이라고 따로있기보다 그냥 카페에 있는 여자분인데 친절해요 결론은 전반적으로 괜찮으나 보안의 문제가 조금ㅎㅎ

The room is quite comfort, good location. I recommend it

Kind staff and all in all good facility. At times smelly because of the kitchen (I stayed on 1st floor).

That is where the delicious soups are made ;-)

The policies of the hotel are strange - check-in closes at 9pm which is inconvenient if you arrive late flight/train. I had sent a message to Weltempfänger Hostel prior to arriving that I was arriving late and if this was OK. I never received a response. My flight arrived late at 11:30pm. The Staff initially told me that I could not check-in because it was after 9pm and I might disturb the guests. But he allowed me after some time and was very helpful. Staff was good, policies are poor.

Sorry for this inconvinience! Unfortunately we did not receive any email massage from you. Usually we are quite flexible concerning late check-ins.

I only stayed one night because it was near a concert venue I was attending. The hostel seemed nice and it was good to have the bar downstairs. The bathrooms and rooms were clean and spacious enough. It has a well equipped kitchen too.

This hostel is just great. I enjoyed super amazing concert of Tim Jaacks and November Me while staying there!! Breakfast which costs 4,50EUR was very fresh, delicious and assorted! Another impressive thing is the spacious room and window, and extremely cleanly maintained room and toilet (I appreciate the man who makes the room that neatly.) and of course good people I met there! Weltempfanger ist sehr weltempfehlenswert!! P.S. I feel sorry that I forgot to remove the bed seat I've used.

• 17th Nov 2015
  • South Korea

Clean quiet and friendly hostel, reasonably priced, located in Ehrenfeld 4 metro stops from Neumarkt. Rooms are small but comfortable. Very helpful staff and nice cafe attached. A nicer place to stay than some of the larger hostels in the city.

The hostel has a bar inside where you can go for a beer, the rooms are clean, the staff is nice. The hostel can be reached with a 15 minutes walk from the S-Bahn stop "Ehrenven". The only problem is that in room 1 the wifi connection is really poor.

Good location, clean, nice cafe / bar, near good restaurants. Wifi was pretty bad tho.

Staff are amazing, the hostel itself is full of character, and beer is only 1.5 euro at the cafe!

Super cool place, aesthetically! Best way to describe it is "a home from hipsters". Great coffee shops and bakeries near by! Every close to the underground! Personal bed lights and outlets! Issues: washing machine and dryer were broken, one toilet on my floor (was clogged all night and morning), lockers not big enough for my 68L pack and wifi did not work for me anywhere in the hostel/cafe, kitchen had no soap, so people were just piling there dishes.. Great breakfast for only €4.50.

The hostel was pretty expensive for what you got. The hallways smelled really bad the entire time, but the smell wasn't in the rooms. It seemed pretty dirty, especially the bathroom and kitchen. The atmosphere was really quite bad. Not a good place if your traveling alone or want to meet anyone, but if you are with somebody or know people in the city the location is pretty conveniently located. Really easy to get anywhere in the city from the location.

• 22nd Sep 2015

I've stayed in many different hostels over the years, and this one was by far the best one I have stayed at. The beds were clean and comfortable, the bathrooms were clean and the bar was fantastic as well. The location of the hostel is ideal also, directly outside is Puisstraße underground station which can get you anywhere in the city in no time whatsoever.

• 18th Sep 2015

Cozy, unpretentious place which was extremely clean and had friendly and helpful staff. Located conveniently close to the old city, about half an hour by foot. The only negative was that there was only one toilet (shared between two 4-bed dorms) which got a bit crowded in the morning.

Very nice hostel & cafe just next to the U- Banh/Tram station. Nice and clean rooms with power sockets and lamp for everyone. Small number of showers and toilets unfortunately. Staff is very helpful. Lack of atmosphere.

there is just one toilet for 4 room of dorms and one shower. when i was there the toilet had a problem. the coridor smelled weird. very good cafe dowstairs. i recommend the indian soup