8.4
Fabulous 633 Total Reviews
8.4
Fabulous 633 Total Reviews
Weltempfänger Backpacker Hostel Located at Venloer Str. 196, 50823 Koln, Cologne.
Germany
Cologne North Rhine Westphalia Venloer Str. 196, 50823 Koln
84% 633
50.9462473 6.9260430
    Rooms available

• New Zealand, Female, 25-30
10th Jul 2016
7.7

Hostel is in okay location out of town. Easiest way to get there is by underground. The shared kitchen was always duty with other people's dishes As it is up to guests to clean then but people always left theirs which we often had to end up cleaning other guests also stole our food from the fridge. Furniture in shared area broken. Wifi is very intermitant and does not work in shared area😭. Our locks didn't fit the lockers so unless we purchased one of theirs we were unable to secure our belongi

10th Jul 2016
7.1

Not the greatest, nor the worst hostel I've stayed in. The kitchen was dingy and unremarkable, so I decided not to cook food there. The showers and rooms were clean (the bed was very comfortable). Adequate for the 2 nights I was there since I wasn't planning on spending much time at the hostel during my stay. Some members of the staff were great, others were a little less so. I would only stay here again if only needed a place for one or two nights, otherwise I would go elsewhere.

• Canada, Male, 18-24
9th Jul 2016

Very accessible located right next to a underground train station. Clean facilities with a very open feel to the rooms. The staff are friendly and made checking in and checking out swift and easy.

• Wuffybrother
  • Australia, Male, 18-24
  • Globetrotter
8th Jul 2016

Great hostel in Cologne!! Awesome rooms, great quality comfortable beds, awesome facilities and super friendly and helpful staff. Everything you could ever need. Highly recommended! :) :D

• Australia, Male, 31-40
21st Jun 2016
4.0

I found this to be overpriced. The staff were not terribly helpful. The check out times are idiotic as well. 8 pm ? So what happens if you get in late? You just sleep on the street? My room was also super noisy as it was on a main road. I would not recommend staying here.

• Vietnam, Male, 18-24
17th Jun 2016

Overall great! The hostel is located above a nice little coffee shop which has a really great atmosphere. Anyone who wants to get to the living area has to either get recognized by the staff or go through the side entrance with a PIN code for the lock. The room is nice and clean with its own toilet if you decide for the private room. Although be aware that there's no double bed for couples. I don't really like the common room since there's no TV (for football fans) , is small and awfully quited.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
16th Jun 2016

Great but it was lacking a party vibe when I was there. Staff were friendly and relatively good location. Clean for the most part but the only problem I had was the wifi. I couldn't get it from my room and if I did it was super slow

• Canada, Female, 18-24
9th Jun 2016
8.0

Great location because it was very accessible by train and it was just a few minutes away from central Cologne. Staff was accommodating and friendly. No elevator, so if you have a heavy suitcase, you'd have to carry it through the stairwell. Other than that, the rooms are clean and the bathrooms were also somewhat clean. One other con is that the hallway on our floor had a strong smell once you walked in...but other than that, it does not negatively affect your stay.

• Mexico, Female, 18-24
6th Jun 2016
6.6

The hostel was ok, i would choose another one for staying in Cologne. It is not close to the center, but it has tram station right after the building. The lockers in the room are so small that not even my handluggage fit in, there was no hostel atmosphere in the place. The staff was really nice, and the rooms were ok as well.

• Malaysia, Male, 18-24
6th Jun 2016

Exceptional customer service. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. Clean too. The atmosphere was very chill, the ground/reception floor doubles as a cafe. The common room and kitchen is combined however, but it's well-stocked and cosy. Location, it's slightly out of central, but there's an underground station right in front. It's also surrounded by good eats and a large grocery chain is nearby. My only gripe was that the WiFi, though fast, was rather spotty for me.