Weltempfänger Backpacker Hostel Reviews

Venloer Str. 196, 50823 Koln, Cologne, Germany

Great place, very nice location! We booked it last minute and the staff was very friendly and helpful! The breakfast wasn't free, but it was all you could eat for 4€ so it wasn't too bad! Wifi didn't really work in the rooms but worked really well in the lounge

• 24th Jul 2014

Great place! Always can ask for any thing to the staff. Very flexible and friendly people. Hugs!

I really enjoyed my stay here! The staff is really friendly and glad to give you tips about Cologne. The reception bar downstairs is nice, it has good coffee and very cheap beer. The hostel is very conveniently located right next to the metro station entrance, you can't miss it. I forgot some of my belongings to the hostel. The staff was really helpful and sent it to my home immediately, which was very nice! I will definitely come back when I next visit Cologne!

I really liked how the rooms had an ensuite. During my stay it was heavily raining outside so I really enjoyed sitting in the café downstairs as well- it has a really cool vibe.

Please improve the internet as soon as possible

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Indonesia

Staff were world class, someone give them an award for being so amazing all day errday!

Great place with excellent service. Breakfast was always good and it was a nice quiet place to stay in Koln. Cannot praise the employees enough for their nice attitudes. Would return there again no problem.

Everything I needed. Just a few steps away from the underground on a busy street full of bars and cafes.

I couldn't have been happier with my stay. There was a lot of walking to get to the sites but also a lot of restaurants and a beautiful park in the area. The cafe on the bottom floor is extremely charming. Staying here made me feel like I was rich.

Pleasant stay. The floor I stayed on had only 1 toilet and 2 showers split between 6 people, but it never became a problem. Also, it is 4 euro for the breakfast and it's worth it! Variety of options from cereal, coffee, cheese, hard boiled eggs, and salami.

• 8th Jun 2014

Cheap food and beer, comfy bed and excellent staff.

• 10th May 2014

The hostel was amazing! The fact that it has its own real cute café/bar downstairs is really nice. It had a very laid-back atmosphere. Everything was clean, sheets were already on the bed, rooms had big windows, were quite roomy. Check out is at noon.Only thing is that the kitchen closes 10pm-7am, so that was a bit annoying. The neighborhood is fantastic, but quite far from the center if you're walking at least. It's a nice walk though, so if you have the time, do it! Otherwise, no complaints!

Had a great time. Staff were incredibly nice and helpful. Loved the downstairs cafe/bar. The dorm rooms did not lock automatically and my dorm-mates kept neglecting to lock the door behind them, but the rooms had big lockers for valuables. The room's en-suite was small but clean. I'd definitely stay here again.

Stayed in the hostel for one night as a stopover. Lovely little place with a cosy bar. Bit quiet on a Friday night but really nice just to chill in. Bar staff were really friendly and a big thanks to the owner for the free shots in the evening, felt very welcomed. Breakfast in the morning was fantastic and well worth the cover, especially since it was open till 12 and perfect for us late risers. Other than that the beds were comfortable and kitchen/facilities were fine.

• 21st Feb 2014

This hostel had a cafe/bar attached to it, and the staff was definitely more concerned with that area than the hostel area. I stayed here for three days, and the hand drying towel in the bathroom was never replaced, and it became crusty and gross. By the end of my stay, there was no longer hand soap or toilet paper in the bathroom. The staff was very friendly, and the hostel was located right outside of a metro stop, but it was a dirty, uncomfortable place to stay. I wouldn't stay here again.