Weltempfänger Backpacker Hostel Reviews

Venloer Str. 196, 50823 Koln, Cologne, Germany

Excellent location! But I have to say that the Venloer Street is crowded and sometimes the noise outside may disturb your sleep. The bar in the hostel is also something good, but the lockout time could be later.

Great Hostel. A little out of the way - but excellent staff and service. Highly recommended.

Really liked this hostel. Had everything a guest would need

• 29th Jun 2013

Far (walking) from all the attraction.

I wanted to love this hostel, I really did. Above a cute cafe, what a cool location! I just felt though that it didn't add up. I had to ask for too many things: the bed to be made up, laundry powder for the machine, another wifi code. The wifi situation (in June at least) was really bad. Also, we ran out of toilet paper (room of four girls) NOT COOL! Disappointing.

This was the second time I stayed at this hostel and I still loved it very much. Excellent staff. Excellent cafe. Very clean and nice rooms.

Location was very nice, right next to the metrostop. Not in the old city center, but in a nice neighborhood with a lot of stores and little restaurants and cafes. Security was ok, there were lockers in the rooms but you had to bring a lock yourself. Staff was very friendly, although one of them was not able to answer any questions. This was just one person though, the rest were very helpful. Hostel is pretty clean, they give you clean sheets. Not enough toilet paper though...

This is such a clean and cozy designed hostel. Toilet and room is so clean with stylied decoration. I dont feel i m in hostel. The only thing I dont like is the lock of door and locker. A vintage key provided but make it pretty weired and inconvienence but

It's a bit steep. But I love this hostel very much. Especially the cafe on ground floor. Being able to sit at the cafe all day is a blessing. The staff are also very very friendly. Would love to stay here again.

Basic hostel with everything you need. Small but very clean room with lockers and sink. Toilet and shower closets located nearby in hallway. Downstairs is a cool bar/cafe. Took us a minute to realize this was the hostel! It's literally at the top of the stairs from the metro. If you want to leave your bag behind for the day, they will store it for you ... hanging from the ceiling next to the bar! They hook your bag, pull the rope and lift it up ... cool idea.

The Youth Hostel is really cute. Very nicely decorated and very clean, everything looks very new (by 10. May 2013). The metro stop is directly in front of the Youth Hostel. The only BUT would be that it's not really in the city center but it has a really good connection, in 4 stops you are in the cathedral.

• 9th May 2013
  • Spain

No wifi in the room. very clean and good price. Not a central location but there is a subway station at the hostel door that will take you to anywhere in Cologne.

very clean and comfortable, I just espend one night in the hostel but I have very good impression. the social area is a bit tight but functional and whit character.

really clean hostel i ever visited.

I wish it were a little easier to change a reservation online! I had some difficulties when our party changed at the last minute. But we really enjoyed our stay once we got that sorted out.

Wery nice Hostel, nice people, nice spaces, nicely decorated...very worm and young, I really suggest it!!

I had a good time. The breakfast buffet was fantastic. I enjoyed walking to the downtown area, even if it took around 35min or so. The area Ehrenfeld is quite nice and would be awesome during the spring and summer. The luggage "room" was hilarious by clamping the luggage and having your luggage dangle in the air right by the café. The girls dorm had its own bathroom; although, with four girls, it was difficult to take turns. The drains of the showers were a little clogged with hair probably.

Great live music gig downstairs in the bar/cafe. Perhaps an upgrade of your door locks so they are self locking is required. Several times I came back to notice that the door was not locked because of another guest "forgetting" to lock the door when he left.

Good hostel with nice interiors right on the U-Bahn line. But, 20 euros 'key deposit' is too much and something that the Hostel management need to review. I have been to 85+ hostels all around Europe and this is the first time I have had to pay this amount.

Very clean place. Has all you need and staff is very hepful. The breakfast is very good for the price too.