Weltempfänger Backpacker Hostel Reviews

Venloer Str. 196, 50823 Koln, Cologne, Germany

Nice place to stay, 25 minute walk from city center or you could just take the train which is directly in front of the hostel, staff was friendly. Good little bar downstairs. Cheaper beer across the street at the kiosk though! Cheers!

not a really good location, but reasonable price and the room and bathroom is clean.

One of the most beautiful hostel I ever saw with a coffee where you eat and drink very cheap and where it is very easy to meet nice people. A very very lovely place!

• 7th Nov 2013

Very good hostel. Everything was very clean, rooms were comfortable, hot showers and cool staff!. I would stay there again. 30 minutes walk from the main station, with a subway just in front of the hostel.

War sehr zufrieden mit meinem Aufenthalt. Nettes Personal, gutes Frühstück und Zimmer waren auch in Ordnung. Komme gerne mal wieder

• 14th Sep 2013

I love my stay at the Weltempfanger Hostel! The service was excellent!! The staff was very helpful and good, especially Sofia. I would highly recomend it to my friends!

A very good hostel. One step away from a subway station!

This is a great hostel! Very clean, very cozy and the staff were wonderful! Definitely would stay there again!

To be honest, I expected more of the hostel and its location in Ehrenfeld. Although the location next to underground station Piusstraße is convenient, the hostel still is out of the way from all the attractions. Nevertheless, the hostel comes with a cosy café, where I enjoyed the African lentil soup and the Tannenzäpfle at the bar.

Really nice hostel, nice staff, clean and you have own bathroom and toilet in your room.

this hostal sucks, don´t stay there, don´t stay there don´t stay there don´t stay there don´t stay there don´t stay there don´t stay there don´t stay there don´t stay there don´t stay there don´t stay there don´t stay there don´t stay there don´t stay there don´t stay there don´t stay there don´t stay there don´t stay there don´t stay there don´t stay there don´t stay there don´t stay there don´t stay there don´t stay there don´t stay there don´t stay there don´t stay there don´t stay there don´

Excellent location! But I have to say that the Venloer Street is crowded and sometimes the noise outside may disturb your sleep. The bar in the hostel is also something good, but the lockout time could be later.

Great Hostel. A little out of the way - but excellent staff and service. Highly recommended.

Really liked this hostel. Had everything a guest would need

• 29th Jun 2013

Far (walking) from all the attraction.

I wanted to love this hostel, I really did. Above a cute cafe, what a cool location! I just felt though that it didn't add up. I had to ask for too many things: the bed to be made up, laundry powder for the machine, another wifi code. The wifi situation (in June at least) was really bad. Also, we ran out of toilet paper (room of four girls) NOT COOL! Disappointing.

This was the second time I stayed at this hostel and I still loved it very much. Excellent staff. Excellent cafe. Very clean and nice rooms.

Location was very nice, right next to the metrostop. Not in the old city center, but in a nice neighborhood with a lot of stores and little restaurants and cafes. Security was ok, there were lockers in the rooms but you had to bring a lock yourself. Staff was very friendly, although one of them was not able to answer any questions. This was just one person though, the rest were very helpful. Hostel is pretty clean, they give you clean sheets. Not enough toilet paper though...

This is such a clean and cozy designed hostel. Toilet and room is so clean with stylied decoration. I dont feel i m in hostel. The only thing I dont like is the lock of door and locker. A vintage key provided but make it pretty weired and inconvienence but

It's a bit steep. But I love this hostel very much. Especially the cafe on ground floor. Being able to sit at the cafe all day is a blessing. The staff are also very very friendly. Would love to stay here again.