Wendy House Reviews

36/2 Soi Kasemson 1, Rama 1 Road, Patumwan, Bangkok, Thailand

room was small but manageable for short stays. Good rail links

• 8th Mar 2015

Close to the metro, very good breakfast, staff really helpful.

Sheets/blankets worn and room very small

• 4th Feb 2015
  • Malaysia

comment for separated building: the door was never locked correctly, anyone can go in without keycard check in

Excellent service -- the air-conditioning was broken in our room and the staff quickly offered us another room. The staff were very polite and helpful. We enjoyed the selection of cooked food for breakfast. The room was small but clean. Within walking distance of Phaya Thai train station from the airport if you're happy to walk. We would be happy to stay here again.

Good location near the sky train so it is easy to access other parts of the city. Can walk to stores, shopping, canal boat etc. Good breakfast, free filtered water. Room is small, but fine for one person. My room was very quiet, no noise from the street or from other guests. Although another guest did say her room not that quiet, so it may depend on the building Would return, in fact I tried to return, but the price for when I was coming through BKK again was higher.

Pros: Nice and helpful staff Breakfast Cons: Sheets were stained yellow all over the bed Wendy House provides small rooms but if you're looking for a place to sleep and be fed in the morning, this place gets the job done.

clean room, great breakfast, friendly stuff!!!

I booked a basic single room & on arrival I was taken to a building next door. The entrance of this building was not welcoming & appeared to be used for storage. The room was small but adequate but the only window looked out into the communal corridor, therefore it could not be opened. The room had noisy air con. There was no WiFi in the room. The shower was good & there was a good selection for breakfast. The staff were not particularly friendly & their English was poor for a capital city.

The room is not that clean,kind of old,but the breakfast is good,very nice ! And the location is excellent ,we can just walk to the shopping mall,MBK, central world plaza etc.

Really noisy and small rooms. One of their buildings has no reception and the exit door didn't work safely. The only two reasons in favour of Wendy are its location and the huge breakfast buffet.

• 23rd Dec 2014

The place itself was great, clean and nice. Room was really small but it was sufficient for our purpose. Regarding the staff - they were really pleasant and nice and helpful. I have one suggestion - we have been contacted on the streets by the gem-scam organisation (people and tuk-tuk drivers who want to get you to jewelry store to sale you fake gems) many times and it seems to be very common in Bangkok. It might be good to warn all the guest at the beginning about this.

I was pretty much impressed by staff friendliness who has serious concern for halal food.

• 18th Nov 2014
  • Indonesia

Biggest plus is great breakfast. Only minus is small room with no wardrobe.

• 14th Nov 2014
  • Poland

+location +breakfast -smelly room --ridiculously small room

Location, Location, Location. This is right by MBK and Siam Paragon so for shopping, cinema etc it's your haven. Wendy House felt like my home from home. I needed a break from hostels and this place had a great breakfast, computers, privacy, was quiet, all the things you could possibly need in your room, excellent maid service, fantastic staff who all spoke excellent English and the room was so comfy with the TV I felt for a couple of days like I was at home again. TV downstairs and microwave!

View all Bangkok Bed and Breakfasts