West Hostel Reviews

Av. Mariano Calado 13, Peniche, Portugal

Staying here was one of the funniest parts of my trip. Everyone is awesome fun, automatically part of the family when you arrive. Communal bbqs, go watch sunset together, All info you need. 2 mins from main beach. Everyone stays a lot longer than planned. Peniche is great if you want to chill out for a while even if you don't surf and you should definitely stay here if you go! Thanks for the great hospitality guys

BEST HOSTEL I HAVE EVER BEEN TO!!!! Such an amazing atmosphere and the coolest people you could ever hope to meet. Glauco and Diogo, you guys are the greatest hosts I have ever known in a hostel - so helpful, friendly, funny and just awesome! We will come back to this hostel and recommend it to everyone! Thank you guys so much for everything, we can't wait to see you when you come to London! Lots of love from Mandy and Scott!!! xoxo

The best hostel I´ve ever stayed in! Such an amazing hostel and best facilities etc. Thank you so much Glauco and Diogo I´m so happy to have met you and thanks for all the helpful information and amazing time we´ve spent together! Can´t wait to come back and visit you guys and Peniche and this great hostel again! :-)

I found no flaw during my stay at West Hostel. I'm 300% satisfied with my stay. I want to congratulate Glauco and Diogo for their excellent job at this hostel. Guys, keep running the hostel the way you are doing now.

The hostel and people are really nice, friendly, helpfull and fun to hang out with!! They told us everything we needed to know about Peniche which was really usefull information. Thanks!!

• 16th Aug 2014

This has been one of the best hostel experiences I have ever had! Glauco is a fantastic host, he managed to create a really easy and nice atmosphere. Should I come once again to Peniche, Westhostel would be my first choice.

Thanks for the many additional advises for restaurants, bars, beaches, and so on... :-)

• 11th Aug 2014
  • Switzerland

Great Hostel! Glauco, the owner, is great and will tell you everything about Peniche. The hostel is near the beach and the atmosphere is amazing!

Best Hostel I have been in a while.. Everything was just excellent!

Big lockers, allways clean showers and toilets, great atmosphere with owner Grauco and his friend Diego, who were allways in for a chat, a joke or advice, good coffee and marmelade for breakfast, free charcoal for BBQ etc.

• 7th Aug 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff! A cosy hostel at a very good spot close to the beach.

it`s really hard to find, staff was ok but not the best one, rooms were good really close to the beach

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Austria

West hostel is the best hostel I have stayed in. I can't thank glauco and Diogo enough for making my experience in peniche so enjoyable. Hostel has the best chilled out atmosphere and is kept extremely clean. Keep up the good work guys and keep searching for the green seagull. I'll be back one day.

West hostel is one of the, if not the best hostel we've stayed at. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly and would go out of their way to assist you. Facilities were incredible and clean. There is not one bad thing to say about this glorious little place.

• 15th Jul 2014

The owner is super friendly and helpful. He organised a boat trip to the Berlenga island for me which was definitely one of the highlights of my trip to Portugal. The hostel itself is clean and comfortable. I was sad that I couldn't stay any longer.

• 12th Jul 2014

The staff : awesome, feels like a friend, always here for us, very nice Hostel is really clean, stylish, feels home, relax Breakfast is not that good or complete (no juices etc.. It's too basic) Well situated (near supermarket, beach and bus station :) ) Atmosphere is great: meeting new people + great music It is possible to borrow a lot of beach stuff (games, surf equipment etc..) We recommend 100%

Loved this hostel. The guy is a legend and super helpful. Location is right next the beach with free parking out the front. Shops and places to eat right next door and around the corner. Big kitchen and good breakfast, would happily stay again.

This is a fantastic hostel!. Great to meet other travelers and relax like you are at home. Great facilities, free access to beach equipment snorkels, body boards etc. Hot showers, good sized kitchen and close to the beaches. Right next to a big supermarket. The staff are so incredibly friendly and helpful and we loved our time in Peniche. Thanks again!

Had an absolute blast here - the guy who owns it is great and extremely helpful would recommend to anyone!

Clean, close to the beach and supermarket and above all super nice people!!