West Hostel Reviews

Av. Mariano Calado 13, Peniche, Portugal

My stay in Penish was one nigth. The city was ok. The beach is amazing. Staff is cool and helpful. I think West Hostel is the best around.

Geat hostel i had a great time. Cool relaxing city with beautiful beaches. Hostel is in a great location from everything.

awesome hostel!! the owner glauco is super cool. more like a really big apartment with full kitchen, living room and backyard to chill in. really easy to make friends since its so small. perfect for people traveling alone, amazing atmosphere. small so people just end up all being friends and cooking, partying and touring the little town together.

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed in. Glauco the owner is an amazing person that goes out of his way to help and accommodate everyone. Great hostel to socialize and meet new people as well as chill out and relax. There is no better hostel in Peniche, West is Best!!

Me and my boyfriend had an amazingly cosy and unforgettable stay in West Hostel. The owner was truly a lovely and welcoming person who made sure all his quest were having great time during their stay. The hostel was equipped with nice outdoor terrace, big kitchen, computer for free quest use, big/clean toilets as well as creatively decorated rooms. Great atmosphere with 5 minute walk to the beach, supermarket or 10 minute walk to experience romantic sunset over the cliffs of Peniche. Perfect!!

I can only recommend the hostel to everyone! Glauco (the owner) is really nice, relaxed and helpful. The beach is close, the house is easy to find, everything is clean and well organized. The nights on the terrace with the other guests and Glauco were fun. We enjoyed our stay a lot and would have loved to stay longer, if our plans had permitted it.

• 25th Aug 2013

El albergue está en la entrada del pueblo, muy fácil de encontrar y al lado de la mejor playa que vimos. Hay unos 10 minutos hasta el barrio de los pescadores y el puerto. El albergue está en un bajo. Hay un chico (creemos que nadie más) que no se explaya demasiado, pero te informa de lo que hay y tiene planos marcando los sitios más interesantes, aunque no nos habló de nada que hubiera fuera de Peniche (eso que íbamos en coche y había cosas muy interesantes). El desayuno, normal.

Just perfect ! Hope to come back as soon as I can, Glauco is amazing and he is available for helping u anytime anyday !! It´s like a big family :)

The stay was excellent!!! The hostel is very well located and so so cute. It has very good atmosphere, we felt like at home. Glauco is very kind, always willing to help. We strongly recommend this hostel!

• 16th Aug 2013
  • Portugal

We had a great time in Peniche at West Hostel. The atmosphere was laid back, and everyone staying there was friendly and wanted to make friends. We cooked in every night as did others, and it turned into big family meals. The guy who owns it (blanking on his name) even took us out to his favorite bars for no "pub crawl fee" just because he wanted us to have a good time in Peniche. Only complaint is that the locker keys opened every locker, so your stuff wasn't exactly safe.

Great and cosy little hostel in Peniche, couldn't be closer to beach and everything you need. We stayed in a spacious double private room and were so comfortable, wish we stayed longer! Kitchen is very well equipped for cooking and there is an outdoor grill. Beach umbrellas and beach games available to borrow plus wetsuits (old but free). Good breakfast. Great friendly staff keep the place clean and have a beer with you in the evening. Highly recommend staying here for a relaxed beachy holiday.

In all my trips all over the world I've never experienced a hostel like West Hostel in Peniche. The hostel owner is the best host you will ever experience. It's a small hostel, and because of this all the people who are staying there at the same time become one big family. The ocean is 2 minutes away and Glauco (hostelowner) is willing to give you all the tips, advice or recommendations you want!. The atmosphere is just really relaxed, and when you have been here, you just want to come back.

• 30th Jul 2013

the owner is an amazing guy who makes you feel like home. the rooms are ok

Fantastic, homely hostel !

This Hostel is jut great! I have never been to such a cool hostel. Glauco, the owner, is a very nice and helpful person and made my stay perfect. I will definetly come back.

Awesome little hostel, I came here for a surfing holiday and some R&R and it did exactly that. All day every day there was surf and plenty of place to walk and hang out at. Also, Glouco, the hostel owner is a great guy providing lots of good information and a nice friendly atmosphere. Some of the people I met at this hostel were also really cool people, some from Germany, Australia, France, Ukraine, Portugal, Spain you name it. I went in a stranger and came out part of a family. Ill be back soon

• 25th Jun 2013
  • Wales

Great little hostel in the perfect location!

If you are looking for a place where you can go walking for the main sightseeing locations, and in the middle of everything, and above all that's happening, clean, amazing staff, THIS IS THE DEFINITELY THE PLACE. Glauco is the MAN without a doubt .... When I return I am definitely staying here again.

• 3rd May 2013