West Hostel Reviews

Av. Mariano Calado 13, Peniche, Portugal

Super chill hostel with super chill hosts! You get to meet everyone staying there and every night you get a good laugh with Glauco and Luis. I'll definitely be back!

Great hostel, nice and really helpful staff, the atmosphere was so good. I will be back soon for sure!! Good waves

We felt very comfortable, the owner is the perfect host for good advice and we felt very welcomed! The atmosphere was familiar. We defenetly recommend this hostel :)

• 25th Aug 2015

Great stay! Lots of fun, loved the surfing! Perhaps a few more power plugs for charging would be ideal but no issue. Thanks again!

Glauco is an incredible host! Beyond thorough in his help. Kind and caring and genuine. Peniche is stunning! Hostle location perfect, facilities great, breakfast easy and simple, atmosphere relaxing and friendly. You could spend several days, if not longer here. Thank you Glauco for all of your help and support - all the best in your endeavours and please visit us if you ever come to Aus ;) The three Aussies Is, Nardu and Julia

The best staff ever! the most helpful ever...

I loved my stay at West Hostel! The staff is super friendly and very informative. They are always cleaning around and taking care of the guest. Its very cozy and small which is great to get to know other travelers. I had an amazing time here

• 17th Aug 2015
  • Peru

This is a cool little hostel where you will probably meet everyone that's staying there and hang out. Glauco is a champ. Only wish I could've stayed longer.

Amazing place to stay. Met so many nice people especially you guys. If you every come to Ireland let me know. Eoinkehoe@yahoo.ie.. Enjoy your holidays! Much deserved.

Super place, super staff!

• 1st Aug 2015

Glauco's hostel was a home away from home. I cannot speak highly enough of this place where we were given all the information we needed the minute we stepped in the door. The rooms were well equipped with large lockers, curtains and individual lights. Cleanliness impeccable. The owner went out of his way to make sure we had the best stay in peniche providing extra services which I had never been offered in over 8 months travelling. Thank you!

• 31st Jul 2015

An hostel which looks like home, 2 min walk from a huge beach with the warmest watter I found in central Portugal, super market on the way to buy stuff just before coming home, cook nice food and spending evening on the terasse speaking with cool hosts and Glauco, a very interesting, friendly, and kind guy! Ask him anything to plan your trip, he can help you! I really loved the atmosphere of my stay there!

Hostel is very nice and close to the beach, also very clean! The manager is always available. He told us where are the important things in the city, good restaurants etc. I would recommend it!

This is everything you need in a hostel. Clean bathrooms, dorms and private rooms and free wifi. Common areas for meeting people and the awesome hostel-boss Glauco. He is very friendly and helpful and makes your stay wonderfull. The hostel has the best kitchen ever, very clean. the terrace is a great place to meet everyone and full of nice murals and art, and the location is near the good beach to surf. I would defiantly stay here again!

Great hostel, super friendly and helpful owners, provide a great breakfast and good tips for surfing in the area. Would recommend staying here :)

Ticks all the boxes! Glauco and Ines are always going the extra mile. West Hostel made our stay in Peniche, just wish we could return one day! Thanks to the West Hostel dream team. Love, the Kiwi gals x

One of the best hostels I've ever been to. Gluaco is very nice and open minded. He will tell you everything about wonderful peniche and also about secret places to see. Allthough we only stayed there for one night, we felt very comfotable and get intough with many nice people. I totatly recommend this hostel!

Hands down best hostel I've ever stayed at. Glauco was the friendliest most helpful host I've met in all my years travelling. Don't bother looking at any other hostels in Peniche just book a bed here!

We spent a week in the West Hostel and there is nothing to complain about! Glauco was always there when we needed him, he gave us many ideas what to do even when the weather was bad, showed us local spots and told us about Peniche and Portugal. We felt really welcome at this place and the atmosphere was great. And it is is really clean! The beach is close, there are cafés and restaurants just next to the hostel, the local market and a supermarket are in walking distant. thank you so much Glauco!

Our stay in Peniche was just perfect :) Staying in West hostel felt like home! Our breakfast was great for a Hostel breakfast! We had milk, Jam, different cornflakes, bread and free beer! The owner Glauco was so nice and gave us the best traveling tips for Portugal! Thank uuu