West Hostel Reviews

Av. Mariano Calado 13, Peniche, Portugal

The hostel and people are really nice, friendly, helpfull and fun to hang out with!! They told us everything we needed to know about Peniche which was really usefull information. Thanks!!

• 16th Aug 2014

Thanks for the many additional advises for restaurants, bars, beaches, and so on... :-)

• 11th Aug 2014
  • Switzerland

Great Hostel! Glauco, the owner, is great and will tell you everything about Peniche. The hostel is near the beach and the atmosphere is amazing!

Best Hostel I have been in a while.. Everything was just excellent!

Big lockers, allways clean showers and toilets, great atmosphere with owner Grauco and his friend Diego, who were allways in for a chat, a joke or advice, good coffee and marmelade for breakfast, free charcoal for BBQ etc.

• 7th Aug 2014

Very friendly and helpful staff! A cosy hostel at a very good spot close to the beach.

it`s really hard to find, staff was ok but not the best one, rooms were good really close to the beach

• 26th Jul 2014
  • Austria

West hostel is the best hostel I have stayed in. I can't thank glauco and Diogo enough for making my experience in peniche so enjoyable. Hostel has the best chilled out atmosphere and is kept extremely clean. Keep up the good work guys and keep searching for the green seagull. I'll be back one day.

West hostel is one of the, if not the best hostel we've stayed at. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly and would go out of their way to assist you. Facilities were incredible and clean. There is not one bad thing to say about this glorious little place.

• 15th Jul 2014

The owner is super friendly and helpful. He organised a boat trip to the Berlenga island for me which was definitely one of the highlights of my trip to Portugal. The hostel itself is clean and comfortable. I was sad that I couldn't stay any longer.

• 12th Jul 2014

The staff : awesome, feels like a friend, always here for us, very nice Hostel is really clean, stylish, feels home, relax Breakfast is not that good or complete (no juices etc.. It's too basic) Well situated (near supermarket, beach and bus station :) ) Atmosphere is great: meeting new people + great music It is possible to borrow a lot of beach stuff (games, surf equipment etc..) We recommend 100%

Loved this hostel. The guy is a legend and super helpful. Location is right next the beach with free parking out the front. Shops and places to eat right next door and around the corner. Big kitchen and good breakfast, would happily stay again.

This is a fantastic hostel!. Great to meet other travelers and relax like you are at home. Great facilities, free access to beach equipment snorkels, body boards etc. Hot showers, good sized kitchen and close to the beaches. Right next to a big supermarket. The staff are so incredibly friendly and helpful and we loved our time in Peniche. Thanks again!

Had an absolute blast here - the guy who owns it is great and extremely helpful would recommend to anyone!

Clean, close to the beach and supermarket and above all super nice people!!

This is one of the homeliest hostels I've ever been. Glauco built this all from scratch and he loves his place. I will definitely go back!

It was one of the best hostels in Portugal I visited. The staff is very nice and helpful. Rooms, kitchen and bathrooms are very clean.

Best hostel ever....I just wanted to stay for 2 nights in peniche amd extended my stop to 8 nights

From the start at the entry you could have a look around all the facilities and Gauco gave an brief and very nice introduction about the house and Peniche and its surroundings. Prepaired with an special map I felt well prepaired to find all the things interesting, like the beautiful sunset at Papoa. The backyard had a long and interconnected terrace just perfect for relaxing and having a nice chat with Gauco and the other peoples around. I really enjoyed my time over there - Thanks a lot! :-)

The best hostel i've visited in Portugal, the staff is extremely nice and helpful ! Great !

• 11th May 2014