West Hostel Reviews

Av. Mariano Calado 13, Peniche, Portugal

West hostel is one of the, if not the best hostel we've stayed at. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly and would go out of their way to assist you. Facilities were incredible and clean. There is not one bad thing to say about this glorious little place.

• 15th Jul 2014

The staff : awesome, feels like a friend, always here for us, very nice Hostel is really clean, stylish, feels home, relax Breakfast is not that good or complete (no juices etc.. It's too basic) Well situated (near supermarket, beach and bus station :) ) Atmosphere is great: meeting new people + great music It is possible to borrow a lot of beach stuff (games, surf equipment etc..) We recommend 100%

Loved this hostel. The guy is a legend and super helpful. Location is right next the beach with free parking out the front. Shops and places to eat right next door and around the corner. Big kitchen and good breakfast, would happily stay again.

This is a fantastic hostel!. Great to meet other travelers and relax like you are at home. Great facilities, free access to beach equipment snorkels, body boards etc. Hot showers, good sized kitchen and close to the beaches. Right next to a big supermarket. The staff are so incredibly friendly and helpful and we loved our time in Peniche. Thanks again!

Had an absolute blast here - the guy who owns it is great and extremely helpful would recommend to anyone!

Clean, close to the beach and supermarket and above all super nice people!!

This is one of the homeliest hostels I've ever been. Glauco built this all from scratch and he loves his place. I will definitely go back!

It was one of the best hostels in Portugal I visited. The staff is very nice and helpful. Rooms, kitchen and bathrooms are very clean.

Best hostel ever....I just wanted to stay for 2 nights in peniche amd extended my stop to 8 nights

From the start at the entry you could have a look around all the facilities and Gauco gave an brief and very nice introduction about the house and Peniche and its surroundings. Prepaired with an special map I felt well prepaired to find all the things interesting, like the beautiful sunset at Papoa. The backyard had a long and interconnected terrace just perfect for relaxing and having a nice chat with Gauco and the other peoples around. I really enjoyed my time over there - Thanks a lot! :-)

The best hostel i've visited in Portugal, the staff is extremely nice and helpful ! Great !

• 11th May 2014
  • Poland

The hostel is maintained by super cool and true Portuguese guy, We grilled Sardines together and made polish soup in exchange. Its not the hostel which you will forget about after you leave, but one that will remind you the Portuguese hospitality. The beach where you can surf if just 5 minutes walking from hostel. There is one big Inter Marche shop and beach coffee-shop with good black drink for 60 cents I highly recomend this place

• 2nd May 2014
  • Poland

Nice mate in Hostel!

Glauco is the best! We really felt like home!

Great spot!!!

Super Clean hostel and really good beds (I stayed in the dorm rooms). Glauco will definitely make you feel welcome and go out of his way to show you what the town has to offer, where is good and worth checking out. Great cooking facilities and even a BBQ, with a great chill out lounge inside and also outside on the terrace. If you are going through Peniche for a short stop or for longer and looking for surf, I would definitely recommend West Hostel.