West Lake Youth House Reviews

No.62-3Nanshan Lu, Hangzhou, Hangzhou, China

We had a very nice stay there, the only thing that was a bit annoying were the school next to the hostel which was a bit noisy in the mornings and it was quiet far away from all the restaurants and bars. But everything else was great, especially playing with the baby cat and dog ;)

Thank you for your rate,welcome back.

the locality is perfect, right beside the west lake, and the environment is nice. however, some facilities need to be improved. the shower water is cold, the dorm toilet is dirty and some beds and sinks look too old.

Sorry for the facilities,we will improve that,thank you for your rate.

The hostel was lovely, very cosy and the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The puppy and kitten were super cute as well! The school next door was an absolute nightmare, I couldn't sleep after about 7.30am because of cars honking and the constant announcements. The place was well kept and if there was a bit more sound-proofing it would have been fine.

Sorry for the problem,we will improve it,hope you can come back.

my favorite hostel in Hangzhou... I first took my girlfriend, now my wife, here for weekend getaways... we still return quite often... if you are looking for a quiet place to enjoy the gardens of Hangzhou, this is a very good place to go.

Thank you for your rate,welcome back.

Nice place, nice staff, pretty good food. I liked there!

Thank you for your rate,welcome back.

Located close to the river, but can be hard to find at first. The hostel is a bit older and wifi connection isnt great.

Location was good and staff were nice and helpful. Prices for staying and renting a bike were also acceptable.

Thanky you for your rate,welcome back.

Nice hostel,good room,good location.Though impossible to get Y7 bus from hanghzoubsouth station..no one there had heard of it.Get the no 31 bus which gets you in the general vicinity.Other than that nice hostel.Would prefer if bathrooms were not in dorm rooms though never good from smell point of view.

Thank you for your rate,sorry there are some information changed in Hangzhou,welcome back.

Extremely helpful staff. Quiet hostel, really close to the lake. I would stay there, if I went back to Hangzhou.

Thank you for your rate,welcome back.

I loved my stay! Fantastic location and a good international vibe. Also, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Steven turned me on to a great somewhat less-traveled hiking route nearby. After an incredibly hot day of hiking, I went back to claim my bag and Steven let me go up into a room to take a shower even after I'd already checked out. Will absolutely recommend and stay here another time if I'm ever in Hangzhou again. Also, I love Blueberry!

• 18th Jul 2014

Hello,blueberry had three babies now,two boys and one girl,looking forward to your visit next time.

Nice location at the lake, nice and quiet garden. Unfortunately there are a lot of mosquitos and I had 45 bites in one day...

Thank your for your feedback,Sorry for the mosquitos.Hope see you again.

Very good hostel, I spent an evening with the hostel staff and other residents watching a football game! Facilities are good and location couldn't be better. You get to the West Lake in less than 10 minutes by foot.

Thank you for your rate,welcome back.

The Crews there are very friendly!

• 13th Jun 2014
  • Malaysia

Thank you,welcome come back.

First off I'd like to thank the staff for being so friendly and helpful. The minute I came, I was welcomed by the owner and check in was really quick. My owner was so nice, that he upgraded my room for free for two nights. The room I stayed in was so comfortable. The bed was huge and the bathroom was clean and the glass walls were a nice touch. Whenever I went out, the owner always made sure I was in good hands, drawing me directions and also helping me out plan my trip in Hangzhou.

• 8th Jun 2014

Good stay. Staff was helpful. Need to get all the bikes working. Wanted to rent 5 bikes, they had 7 but only 3 worked. Breakfast was overpriced for the quality of the food that was served.

Sorry for the inconvenience,we will improve that,welcome back.

A nice location near the lake but off the main road so it's a bit quieter. Has a good menu and friendly staff.

Thank you for your rate,welcome back.

Excellent location to explore West lake. Nice bikes for hire. Rooms nice and clean. Don't worry too much about what others write about the musical practice in the morning. What ruined our experience was the cleaning ladies. They came in around 7:30-8:00 AM and turned the place upside down every morning. Coming from Shanghai to sleep a little longer and relax in Hangzhou didnt work out the way we wanted it too. Anyway, Hangzhou and West Lake was well worth the trip!!

Thank you for your rate,we will improve it.

Good location on West Lake, near many of the tourist sites. A ferry ride away from downtown Hangzhou. It was clean, well furnished, and had very good breakfast. It was difficult to find a cab to the train station from the hostel, and the cab company didn't want to send one out there, so be sure to plan ahead.

• 19th May 2014

Thank you for the rate,hope see you next time.

Very nice hostel ! I would recommend staying there.

• 7th May 2014

Thank you for your rate,welcome back.We will try our best.

Nice hostel that is beautifully located very close to the west lake but also a small village with a school and kindergarden nearby. Be prepared for some curiosoties and some nice pics :)