West Lake Youth House Reviews

No.62-3Nanshan Lu, Hangzhou, Hangzhou, China

I loved my stay! Fantastic location and a good international vibe. Also, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Steven turned me on to a great somewhat less-traveled hiking route nearby. After an incredibly hot day of hiking, I went back to claim my bag and Steven let me go up into a room to take a shower even after I'd already checked out. Will absolutely recommend and stay here another time if I'm ever in Hangzhou again. Also, I love Blueberry!

• 18th Jul 2014

Hello,blueberry had three babies now,two boys and one girl,looking forward to your visit next time.

Nice location at the lake, nice and quiet garden. Unfortunately there are a lot of mosquitos and I had 45 bites in one day...

Thank your for your feedback,Sorry for the mosquitos.Hope see you again.

Very good hostel, I spent an evening with the hostel staff and other residents watching a football game! Facilities are good and location couldn't be better. You get to the West Lake in less than 10 minutes by foot.

Thank you for your rate,welcome back.

The Crews there are very friendly!

• 13th Jun 2014
  • Malaysia

Thank you,welcome come back.

First off I'd like to thank the staff for being so friendly and helpful. The minute I came, I was welcomed by the owner and check in was really quick. My owner was so nice, that he upgraded my room for free for two nights. The room I stayed in was so comfortable. The bed was huge and the bathroom was clean and the glass walls were a nice touch. Whenever I went out, the owner always made sure I was in good hands, drawing me directions and also helping me out plan my trip in Hangzhou.

• 8th Jun 2014

Good stay. Staff was helpful. Need to get all the bikes working. Wanted to rent 5 bikes, they had 7 but only 3 worked. Breakfast was overpriced for the quality of the food that was served.

Sorry for the inconvenience,we will improve that,welcome back.

A nice location near the lake but off the main road so it's a bit quieter. Has a good menu and friendly staff.

Thank you for your rate,welcome back.

Excellent location to explore West lake. Nice bikes for hire. Rooms nice and clean. Don't worry too much about what others write about the musical practice in the morning. What ruined our experience was the cleaning ladies. They came in around 7:30-8:00 AM and turned the place upside down every morning. Coming from Shanghai to sleep a little longer and relax in Hangzhou didnt work out the way we wanted it too. Anyway, Hangzhou and West Lake was well worth the trip!!

Thank you for your rate,we will improve it.

Good location on West Lake, near many of the tourist sites. A ferry ride away from downtown Hangzhou. It was clean, well furnished, and had very good breakfast. It was difficult to find a cab to the train station from the hostel, and the cab company didn't want to send one out there, so be sure to plan ahead.

• 19th May 2014

Thank you for the rate,hope see you next time.

Very nice hostel ! I would recommend staying there.

• 7th May 2014

Thank you for your rate,welcome back.We will try our best.

Nice hostel that is beautifully located very close to the west lake but also a small village with a school and kindergarden nearby. Be prepared for some curiosoties and some nice pics :)

The staff is very friendly, and the hostel is very clean, quite and great atmosphere. Most other travellers here are Chinese. The hostel has a good kitchen where you can buy nice food including western breakfast and traditional Chinese meals and not expensive at all. I only missed tours (free walking tour, of bike tour), they didn't offer any which was very disappointing to me. Also meeting other people was a bit difficult without any tours.

Thé staff is very Nice and thé location idéal if you want to Sée thé xihu lake

Overall certainly not a bad place to stay in, very close to West Lake. However, there were two issues I had with this place. First, it's next to a primary school that on certain days have musical instrument training outside ... right under our window. and they are no Mozarts. Second, although the staff is okay I missed a lot of services I have come to expect of hostels in China. No help booking bus tickets and you have to do your own laundry. These two letdowns result in a rating of 'average'.

The hostel's location is fair, although guests staying in rooms facing south should be warned that the morning calisthenics of the neighboring elementary school and kindergarten will waken all but the heaviest sleepers. Weak points: poor maintenance (no soap or toilet paper in bathrooms; fine for 公厕, not a hostel), poor staff (failed to change already dirty sheets upon request), buggy wifi.

• 1st Apr 2014

Sorry for the unpleasant things,we will improve that.

We enjoyed our stay here. The staff were friendly and helpful. Coffee was great and reasonably priced. However, there needs to be a bit more attention to detail, specifically regular cleaning of the washing machine and dryer and the laptop for guest use hadn't worked for quite a while. On day three when we had a pressing need to use the internet the staff were happy for us to use one of their own machines. The ensuite bathroom and twin bedroom that we booked were very comfortable.

• 31st Mar 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Thank you for your rate,we will pay moreattention to details,hope you can come back someday.

I had a very nice stay at West Lake Youth House. I'm very pleased with the staff which was very helpful and friendly.

Hello,thank you for the rate,welcome back.

The wifi worked better in the 6 bed dorm than in the 4 bed dorm. Beds were comfortable

The kindergarden woke me up at 7 o'clock. Some alarm was set for 1 hour.

• 16th Mar 2014
  • Spain

Firstly thank you for your rate and sorry for the problems here,Hope you can come back someday.

This hostel is right next to the lake but far from food or shopping. If you are happy to walk or catch a bus then it will suit you. Nice cosy rooms.