West Lake Youth House Reviews

No.62-3Nanshan Lu, Hangzhou, Hangzhou, China

Absolutely loved the place. The staff were great, extremely friendly. Very willing to help with giving information. Steven, one of the regular staff, offered to order a charger for me online on the night I arrived after I told him that mine was taken at the airport, and it came the next day. Perfect atmosphere for a hostel - lovely, friendly, open, but also relaxed and not forceful. Very peaceful downstairs, and lovely dogs. Food good quality as well. Overall a great experience. Will C

• 24th Jan 2015

glad you have a nice stay here,good luck with your job in Chongqing,see you next time.

The staff are really amazing and kind. One staff member in particular went out of his way to help us organise a trip to see Anji's bamboo forest. Great location: very quiet and right near West Lake, just a short pleasant walk to the main part of the city. Room is super nice and the shower was hot. Other benefits: 2 cute puppies and a kitten running around the hostel! Only one thing can do with improvement: please don't put mayonnaise on the fruit salad! But we loved our stay! Thank you so much!!

Thank you for the rate,hope you can come back,have a nice trip in China.

The staff was super helpful and very nice. There is a pretty good environment there for meeting other people.

Thank you for your rate,welcome back.

The hostel has a very cozy common area, with couches TV and in summer times one can sit outside. The staff is very helpful and friendly and speaks good English. They serve a variety of drinks and food and there's also a library in the common area. The rooms are standard, pretty small, but clean. The location is very close to the West Lake, though not in the busy area of the city. It takes a bus or taxi to get into the vibrant areas of bars and restaurants. The West Lake is in walking distance.

• 8th Jan 2015

Thank you for the rate,welcome back.

Excellent location near the Lake & the pagoda. Staff are friendly & helpful also good food available at the hostel. Friendly dogs & cat make the place homely quiet location off the main road. Nice attic style room overlooking nearby school. Wish I could have stayed longer.

Thank you for the rate,we are glad that you have a nice stay here.Hope you can come back.

Very bad rooms. We had to move 3 times, once for the toilet electricity meter, twice for heating, even though the matter wasn't solved at all. We freezed all the time. The wifi doesn't reach the rooms, it's only in the hall. Staff very kind.

• 18th Dec 2014

Sorry for the unpleasant things,we will improve that.

Very nice and helpful staff. Unfortunately I couldn't stay longer.

Thank you for your rate,welcome back.

Quiet, clean and helpful staff but need to be more hospitable.

Excellent hostel! The location is very good and the staff are very friendly. They have a few hostel pets currently which are great for relieving the stress. Unfortunately our room did not have wifi, but the lobby does and it has plenty of comfortable seating. I would stay here again.

Thank you for your rate,welcome back.

Staff is very helpful and friendly. There is a kindergarden adjectent to this hostel, so kiddies performing their morning exercises to loud chinese pop songs is a natural alarm clock ;-)

• 12th Nov 2014

Thank you for your rate,welcome back.

While there are some minor inconveniences at this hostel like the noise from the school, the wonderful staff more than made up for these. The staff speak English very well and were very helpful with directions and information. The hostel really seems to want to make sure you have an excellent time. I stayed in the 6 bed dorm and it was nice with lockers and a kettle. The only problem I had was that it was quite cold in the room. I washed my socks and they weren't even close to dry after 2 days.

Sorry for the inconveniences,we will improve that,hope you will come back.

Staff in particular Steven is very helpful.

• 8th Nov 2014
  • Malaysia

Thank you for your rate,hope you can come back.

The location was very close to Wet lake and the staff were helpful in sending my the information in both Chinese and Pin yin before i left. There were a few mosquitoes so you need to be prepared for that. The hot water take about 20 minutes to heat uo before you have a shower. There is no Wifi in the room so this can sometimes be a little annoying.

Sorry for the unpleasant things,we will improve it.

We had a very nice stay there, the only thing that was a bit annoying were the school next to the hostel which was a bit noisy in the mornings and it was quiet far away from all the restaurants and bars. But everything else was great, especially playing with the baby cat and dog ;)

Thank you for your rate,welcome back.

the locality is perfect, right beside the west lake, and the environment is nice. however, some facilities need to be improved. the shower water is cold, the dorm toilet is dirty and some beds and sinks look too old.

Sorry for the facilities,we will improve that,thank you for your rate.

The hostel was great, but our bathroom smelled strongly of mold.

This was a great little place located by the lake and a 2min walk to the nearest bus stop, that took you to the bars/party area or to the night market (30 min walk otherwise). The bathroom was small and cramped and the shower didnt work great but the room was fine for and clean. There was WiFi available downstairs but the connection was poor - although they did have a laptop for us to use. They staff were very kind and helpful and they have 2 beautiful dogs and a cat! Felt like home!

Thank you for your rate,hope you will come back.

The hostel was lovely, very cosy and the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The puppy and kitten were super cute as well! The school next door was an absolute nightmare, I couldn't sleep after about 7.30am because of cars honking and the constant announcements. The place was well kept and if there was a bit more sound-proofing it would have been fine.

Sorry for the problem,we will improve it,hope you can come back.

my favorite hostel in Hangzhou... I first took my girlfriend, now my wife, here for weekend getaways... we still return quite often... if you are looking for a quiet place to enjoy the gardens of Hangzhou, this is a very good place to go.

Thank you for your rate,welcome back.

Nice place, nice staff, pretty good food. I liked there!