West Lake Youth House Reviews

No.62-3Nanshan Lu, Hangzhou, Hangzhou, China

Very nice and helpful staff. Unfortunately I couldn't stay longer.

Thank you for your rate,welcome back.

Quiet, clean and helpful staff but need to be more hospitable.

Excellent hostel! The location is very good and the staff are very friendly. They have a few hostel pets currently which are great for relieving the stress. Unfortunately our room did not have wifi, but the lobby does and it has plenty of comfortable seating. I would stay here again.

Thank you for your rate,welcome back.

Staff is very helpful and friendly. There is a kindergarden adjectent to this hostel, so kiddies performing their morning exercises to loud chinese pop songs is a natural alarm clock ;-)

• 12th Nov 2014

Thank you for your rate,welcome back.

While there are some minor inconveniences at this hostel like the noise from the school, the wonderful staff more than made up for these. The staff speak English very well and were very helpful with directions and information. The hostel really seems to want to make sure you have an excellent time. I stayed in the 6 bed dorm and it was nice with lockers and a kettle. The only problem I had was that it was quite cold in the room. I washed my socks and they weren't even close to dry after 2 days.

Sorry for the inconveniences,we will improve that,hope you will come back.

Staff in particular Steven is very helpful.

• 8th Nov 2014
  • Malaysia

Thank you for your rate,hope you can come back.

The location was very close to Wet lake and the staff were helpful in sending my the information in both Chinese and Pin yin before i left. There were a few mosquitoes so you need to be prepared for that. The hot water take about 20 minutes to heat uo before you have a shower. There is no Wifi in the room so this can sometimes be a little annoying.

Sorry for the unpleasant things,we will improve it.

We had a very nice stay there, the only thing that was a bit annoying were the school next to the hostel which was a bit noisy in the mornings and it was quiet far away from all the restaurants and bars. But everything else was great, especially playing with the baby cat and dog ;)

Thank you for your rate,welcome back.

the locality is perfect, right beside the west lake, and the environment is nice. however, some facilities need to be improved. the shower water is cold, the dorm toilet is dirty and some beds and sinks look too old.

Sorry for the facilities,we will improve that,thank you for your rate.

The hostel was great, but our bathroom smelled strongly of mold.

This was a great little place located by the lake and a 2min walk to the nearest bus stop, that took you to the bars/party area or to the night market (30 min walk otherwise). The bathroom was small and cramped and the shower didnt work great but the room was fine for and clean. There was WiFi available downstairs but the connection was poor - although they did have a laptop for us to use. They staff were very kind and helpful and they have 2 beautiful dogs and a cat! Felt like home!

Thank you for your rate,hope you will come back.

The hostel was lovely, very cosy and the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The puppy and kitten were super cute as well! The school next door was an absolute nightmare, I couldn't sleep after about 7.30am because of cars honking and the constant announcements. The place was well kept and if there was a bit more sound-proofing it would have been fine.

Sorry for the problem,we will improve it,hope you can come back.

my favorite hostel in Hangzhou... I first took my girlfriend, now my wife, here for weekend getaways... we still return quite often... if you are looking for a quiet place to enjoy the gardens of Hangzhou, this is a very good place to go.

Thank you for your rate,welcome back.

Nice place, nice staff, pretty good food. I liked there!

Thank you for your rate,welcome back.

Located close to the river, but can be hard to find at first. The hostel is a bit older and wifi connection isnt great.

Location was good and staff were nice and helpful. Prices for staying and renting a bike were also acceptable.

Thanky you for your rate,welcome back.

Nice hostel,good room,good location.Though impossible to get Y7 bus from hanghzoubsouth station..no one there had heard of it.Get the no 31 bus which gets you in the general vicinity.Other than that nice hostel.Would prefer if bathrooms were not in dorm rooms though never good from smell point of view.

Thank you for your rate,sorry there are some information changed in Hangzhou,welcome back.

Extremely helpful staff. Quiet hostel, really close to the lake. I would stay there, if I went back to Hangzhou.

Thank you for your rate,welcome back.

I loved my stay! Fantastic location and a good international vibe. Also, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Steven turned me on to a great somewhat less-traveled hiking route nearby. After an incredibly hot day of hiking, I went back to claim my bag and Steven let me go up into a room to take a shower even after I'd already checked out. Will absolutely recommend and stay here another time if I'm ever in Hangzhou again. Also, I love Blueberry!

• 18th Jul 2014

Hello,blueberry had three babies now,two boys and one girl,looking forward to your visit next time.

Nice location at the lake, nice and quiet garden. Unfortunately there are a lot of mosquitos and I had 45 bites in one day...

Thank your for your feedback,Sorry for the mosquitos.Hope see you again.